Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:45 PM

Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' (25894 Views)

Senator Offers Hajj Slot To Delegates Who Returned Cash After Voting Against Him / Opunimi Akinkugbe: Buhari Gives Ondo Ambassador Slot To Rivers Indigene / Onofiok Luke Wins House Of Representatives Seat, Kneels With Wife, Thanks God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by iwatch: 12:12am On Aug 12, 2018

APC offered me N2bn, deputy gov’s slot to defect –A’Ibom speaker.
●He’s seeking unnecessary relevance –APC

The Speaker of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Mr. Onofiok Luke, yesterday alleged that the Presidency offered him N2 billion and the state’s deputy governorship slot to defect from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC). However, the ruling APC has immediately denied the claim. Luke’s claim is coming on the heels of rumours making the rounds that huge sums of money and juicy political promises were made by the APC in a ploy to take over the state.

Speaking during a solidarity rally for Governor Udom Emmanuel and Senator Bassey Albert in Uyo, Luke said he would rather quit politics than defect to the APC. This allegation is coming few days after the defection of former governor Godswill Akpabio with insinuations that there are ongoing attempts by APC to woo political bigwigs in the state.

“They said the President had sent words for me to become the deputy governor. They offered me N2bn, but I said no. If you like, offer me N10bn, mine is no,” he said. He said the defection of Akpabio and others to the APC was borne out of personal interest, noting it was aimed at grabbing and sharing power. “They have no plan for us and no plans for the future of our state. It was all about them. It was only about power grabbing and power sharing, but by God’s amazing grace, we will overcome them,” Luke said. On the second term bid of Emmanuel, the speaker said the people would resist any ‘federal might,’ to ensure that he is returned for a second term in office.

“Tell Abuja that Akwa Ibom people are ready to resist them, tell them we are ready to vote who we want, tell them we are defending our course. We will deliver our governor for another term in 2019,” he said. But in a swift reaction, the APC, speaking through its immediate past publicity secretary, Edet Eyo Bassey, described as hilarious the claim made by the speaker. Bassey, who spoke with our correspondent in Uyo, said the youthful speaker is seeking for relevance in the unfolding political scenario across the country. “He is a funny fellow. Where would the person lift N2billion from to give him. What is his political value?’’ he queried.

The former APC spokesman said offering Luke such funds for defection is against the anti – corruption mantra of the Buhari – led administration. “Such funds can pass for an allocation to one state and why would an individual who is expected to render selfless service to uplift the fortunes of his state be offered money to cross over to another party?” he asked. He concluded by saying the speaker who is seeking to grab his party’s ticket for Etinan Federal Constituency is trying to make political capital from Akpabio’s recent defection to the APC.

NewTelegraph

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/11885-apc-offered-me-n2bn-deputy-gov-s-slot-to-defect-a-ibom-speaker

Mr integrity

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by Lorenzop: 12:14am On Aug 12, 2018
The entire write up is faulty, arrange your words properly before looking for front page tongue

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by TI1919(m): 12:21am On Aug 12, 2018
cheesy
Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by shortgun(m): 12:30am On Aug 12, 2018
Corruption is fighting back according to zombies

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by Toketimt: 12:42am On Aug 12, 2018
Only fools will believe this lunatic. He is basically saying buhari/ osinbanjo offered him and his cohorts 2 billion naira to defect. " who is u"?

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by OmoOshodi(m): 1:29am On Aug 12, 2018
Toketimt:
Only fools will believe this lunatic. He is basically saying buhari/ osinbanjo offered him and his cohorts 2 billion naira to defect. " who is u"?
it takes a lunatic to recognize his fellow lunatic....

240 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:16am On Aug 12, 2018
iwatch:

Onofiok Luke, the Speaker of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, has alleged that the Presidency offered him N2 billion and the deputy governorship slot to dump the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2018/08/11/refused-n2bn-offered-buhari-akwa-ibom-speaker-luke/

mynd44, lalasticlala

please front page for mr integrity
Senator Shehu Sani was this all it took to convince you shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is it really worth it Hmmmmmmm

BMCs will be crying right now since they are the ones doing ALL the work and they are being paid N3000 undecided

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by KingLennon(m): 4:45am On Aug 12, 2018
They knew if Mr. Luke decamps to APC then Udom will be in serious trouble. I thought APC government fights corruption?

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by OttHin: 4:52am On Aug 12, 2018
Toketimt:

It takes one to know one,but apparently you're to dumb to even know one

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by chibuthanks: 5:00am On Aug 12, 2018
NNA NA WA SO DIS DEPERADOS REALLY MEAN BUSINESS SO THEY ARE KEEN TO LURE DIS MAN TO APCHIT IN ORDER TO B ABLE IMPEACH UDOM GOD GO PUNISH UNA

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by gasparpisciotta: 5:03am On Aug 12, 2018
Maybe Akpabio offered you the sum or Oshiomole was playing with your destiny, definitely not from Buhari. Politicians' always playing to the gallery, N2bn offer to defect?? Figment of his imagination

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by johnnyvid(m): 6:01am On Aug 12, 2018
And the so called failed bmc crew will support failed buhari. they always say that buhari is Mr. integrity my foot. buhari can never do the masses any help here. they promise us that they will clean up corruption in nigeria, but today they are the clueless looter in Nigeria. Apc as a party as failed woefully in his assignment. Ngenekwenu is a feminist, she didn't have any husband. always move from one thread to another. you can't even market buhari for us here cos' we all know better now.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by bjayx: 6:03am On Aug 12, 2018
Money really changing hands in defection saga.
Believe it or stick Ur brain in Ur anus.

4 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by roundman: 6:12am On Aug 12, 2018
Funny man...you see 2billion...you nor take clap for urself...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by vicoson(m): 6:44am On Aug 12, 2018
This is not rocket science...collect the 2 billion, empower your constituency (or your tommy), grab the deputy governor seat and empower your constituency the more for another 4 to 8 years. Ofcourse, Udom will have to pay you the 2 billion at the expense of the people you were meant to serve. Fools!

5 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by Omeokachie: 6:50am On Aug 12, 2018
Akpabio could not resist the offer.

BTW, nice way the presidency is spending our funds to bribe persons to defect.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by Corrinthians(m): 6:53am On Aug 12, 2018
2 billion for an Assembly speaker? grin

Delusions of grandeur on fleek. grin

18 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by hardywaltz(m): 7:28am On Aug 12, 2018
Abegi close ur mouth
Have u seen N1 billion before not to mention N 2 billion.
Nobody offered u jack.
U are just saying this so as to increase the money Udom plans to give u...

13 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 12, 2018
Omeokachie:
Akpabio could not resist the offer.

BTW, nice way the presidency is spending our funds to bribe persons to defect.
And you really think PMB can offer 50million let alone 2billion for just one head? grin grin grin grin an idiot who is not even GEJ

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by kuuljay(m): 7:33am On Aug 12, 2018
Even saraki will defect again if given 2billion.if you think they don't only care about the money then sorry!!!

12 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by millhouse: 7:58am On Aug 12, 2018
Lol ... Apc needs Akwaibom.. the state that gets the highest allocation from FG monthly . They can’t get rivers or delta thus they looking for a soft penetration into the SS by hook or by crook . This is like a backup in case they lose the general elections they can get viable state dat can sustain the party cash wise . Cause believe u me , if they venture go into opposition again , they can’t last for 4 years like the pdp has done.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by ibroauthen(m): 8:12am On Aug 12, 2018
Abeg who know this one?

Only the senseless will believe this one...
I dey sure say this guy no fit get 10 followers.
Even them no fit offer Udom #2bn

2 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by xnsandrxns: 9:03am On Aug 12, 2018
2 billion for an ordinary state legislature
Who do you think you are?
The Senate president?
What can you offer?

6 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by Fiaburnthem: 9:14am On Aug 12, 2018
xnsandrxns:
2 billion for an ordinary state legislature
Who do you think you are?
The Senate president?
What can you offer?
Chai the kind of lies I see can make the devil a learner... 2 billion for ordinary state lawmaker...
I would have believed this if the headline reads... The presidency offer wike with 500 million to lure him..
Chai, abeg today na Sunday and less lies pls

3 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by xnsandrxns: 9:20am On Aug 12, 2018
Fiaburnthem:
Chai the kind of lies I see can make the devil a learner... 2 billion for ordinary state lawmaker...
I would have believed this if the headline reads... The presidency offer wike with 500 million to lure him..

Dont mind the clown
Even Secondus will reconsider his PDP membership if offered that kind of money

7 Likes

Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by iwatch: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2018
bjayx:
Money really changing hands in defection saga.
Believe it or stick Ur brain in Ur anus.
it is a win win politicians
Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by iwatch: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2018
Fiaburnthem:

It might be to effect other people to defect along with him, not just him alone.
Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by citizenY(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2018
hardywaltz:
Abegi close ur mouth
Have u seen N1 billion before not to mention N 2 billion.
Nobody offered u jack.
U are just saying this so as to increase the money Udom plans to give u...

Don't mind him, he is naming his price. He is,waiting for the highest bidder.
Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by johnmartus(m): 9:40am On Aug 12, 2018
Which kind lying be this 2billion just for you only?
Re: Onofiok Luke: 'APC Offered Me N2bn, Deputy Governor's Slot To Defect' by Franklinezenwa: 9:43am On Aug 12, 2018
Now we can see where all the money been borrowed by fg is going to

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Order: Sowore Asks Osinbajo To Resign / Prepaid Meter Manufacturing Company Commissioned By VP Shettima In Anambra / APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.