Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,365 members, 7,780,998 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:13 AM

Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. (23012 Views)

5 Car Pricing Mistakes To Avoid In Car Dealership / Igbo Big Boys Storm Their Village With Their Cars For Christmas. (photos, Video) / 5 Car Parts Potholes Can Damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bluffly:

Please what about this Avensis, which obd scanner will you recommend. I have a Bluetooth OBD2 I bought but it does not detect my ecu.
Please, contact on 09062216263. I have the one that would work with your car.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Omotaday(m): 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
stnkembu:
What type of OBD2 car scanner will u recommend for an '03 Corolla?

Please, how much can i get a car jump starter for a Toyota corrola 2004? How much is the dash board camera?
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Bluffly: 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
Buynownow:
Please, contact on 09062216263. I have the one that would work with your car.
Why not advise me here?/ Maybe people with similar request using my type of car will benefit.
Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
Of all the items listed, the OBD 2 is the most important. It is because it saves one of being ripped off by mechanics. With it, you can find out faults with your vehicle without consulting with mechanics. It's a must have tool for everyone car owner.

I have the one that is compatible with all car made from 1996.

Contact me to get your NOW!
Call/Whatsapp 09062216263

Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Emvico34: 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
SEUN pls I need a car. I have learned a good lesson from this post but i dont have a car. pls if you have a car that you are not using pls call me 08065415481

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
Omotaday:
Please, how much can i get a car jump starter for a Toyota corrola 2004? How much is the dash board camera?
The one I have works perfectly with all brands of car made from 1996. If you are in Lagos, I'll personally deliver to you, and show you how it works.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by stnkembu(m): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2018
Buynownow:
Of all the items listed, the OBD 2 is the most important. It is because it saves one of being ripped off by mechanics. With it, you can find out faults with your vehicle without consulting with mechanics. It's a must have tool for everyone car owner.

I have the one that is compatible with all car made from 1996.

Contact me to get your NOW!

What's the price for ur OBD2?
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Alvin007: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bluffly:

Please what about this Avensis, which obd scanner will you recommend. I have a Bluetooth OBD2 I bought but it does not detect my ecu.

Before investing in another obd2 scanner, kindly, ascertain whether there isn’t a break within the link between your ecm/ecu(Brainbox), and your obd port.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
stnkembu:
What type of OBD2 car scanner will u recommend for an '03 Corolla? The Bluetooth version of the OBD 2 is not very effective and smart. I'll advise you go for the WiFi ENABLED one. I have the WiFi ENABLED one. Contact me to get it.

Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
stnkembu:

What's the price for ur OBD2?
I sell for 8k
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
yeyerolling:
u too dey lie
it's true. I was surprised. Not to push the car to start. Just to push it away from the main road.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
For the sake of those who don't know why having the OBD 2 is important, this is a glimpse of why you must have it.

The most important LIGHT on your DASHBOARD, yet the most neglected.

Why does the "CHECK ENGINE LIGHT" come on?
✔ Indication of Faulty Engine
✔ Indication before your Engine Knocks
✔ Indication for Engine Leakage
✔ Indication of bad Top Gasket
✔ Bad Plugs
✔ When a fault has been fixed but it has not been reset on the ECU (With a Scanner)
✔ When dust affect some Engine Sensors

Please, do not listen to mechanics and car dealers when they tell you it doesn't matter.

Solution: Get a car fault auto scanner and do the following
✔ Reset the ECU with your auto scanner and restart the engine allow it to steam for about 2mins if the light doesn't come on then you know it's either because of a former fixed fault or there's dust on the engine's sensors.

✔ If the fault comes back, then you use the AUTO CAR SCANNER to diagnose the fault and get the fault fix instructions to assist your mechanic fix your car without resorting to TRIAL AND ERROR or GUESSWORK.

LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Gillow101(m): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
erico2k2:

U 4got to tell us these are for run flat tyres.

Please explain what you mean by "run flat tyres" for those of us you do not know sir
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Immorttal: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2018
Gillow101:

Please explain what you mean by "run flat tyres" for those of us you do not know sir
First picture is a runflat tire, second picture is a normal tire
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Alvin007: 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
Gillow101:

A run-flat tire is a pneumatic vehicle tire that is designed to resist the effects of deflation when punctured, and to enable the vehicle to continue to be driven at reduced speeds - under 56 mph (90 km/h) - and for limited distances - generally between 10 mi (16 km) to 50 mi (80 km), depending on the type of tire.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-flat_tire

Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by henrygale(m): 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
I nor come get any of these in my car o.
They are actually reasonable things to have in ones car
Off to the car accessories market tmao to buy some.....atleast start with car charger! cheesy ..na that one go cheap pass. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Gillow101(m): 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
Alvin007:

A run-flat tire is a pneumatic vehicle tire that is designed to resist the effects of deflation when punctured, and to enable the vehicle to continue to be driven at reduced speeds - under 56 mph (90 km/h) - and for limited distances - generally between 10 mi (16 km) to 50 mi (80 km), depending on the type of tire.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-flat_tire

Thank you boss for the educational post. You're absolutely right about run flat tyres. According to your explanations, run flat tyres are for temporary resistance again punctures at reduced speed for a limited distance. Tyre Armour on the contrary is a permanent sealing solution to punctures.

RFTs are factory fitted or user fitted (as the case may be). Hardly would you see such in Nigeria. Tyre Armour is a precaution and security measure which gives assurance and rest of mind while in the go. And, it's for non RFT.

Thank you!
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Alvin007: 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
Gillow101:

Thank you boss for the educational post. You're absolutely right about run flat tyres. According to your explanations, run flat tyres are for temporary resistance again punctures at reduced speed for a limited distance. Tyre Armour on the contrary is a permanent sealing solution to punctures.

RFTs are factory fitted or user fitted (as the case may be). Hardly would you see such in Nigeria. Tyre Armour is a precaution and security measure which gives assurance and rest of mind while in the go. And, it's for non RFT.

Thank you!
My pleasure sir!
Contrary to your belief, there are a couple of stores selling ‘em in Lagos and few cities in Nigeria. But they are very expensive. I’m sure most bulletproof vehicles run on ‘em. They could be oem/stock(factory) fitted, or an aftermarket (user) fitted.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Gillow101(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
Alvin007:

My pleasure sir!
Contrary to your belief, there are a couple of stores selling ‘em in Lagos and few cities in Nigeria. But they are very expensive. I’m sure most bulletproof vehicles run on ‘em. They could be oem/stock(factory) fitted, or an aftermarket (user) fitted.

You're right! My statement was that "hardly would you see such stores or products". I believe we're all learning.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Alvin007: 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
Gillow101:

You're right! My statement was that "hardly would you see such stores or products". I believe we're all learning.

Yessire! wink
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Gillow101(m): 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
Gillow101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aC-iGdSBIpM
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Bluffly: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
Alvin007:

Before investing in another obd2 scanner, kindly, ascertain whether there isn’t a break within the link between your ecm/ecu(Brainbox), and your obd port.
How do I go about that? At the same time I think it may also have to to do with the type of OBD2 protocol.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Alvin007: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bluffly:

How do I go about that? At the same time I think it may also have to to do with the type of OBD2 protocol.

Yea...you have a point there...but get a good/competent auto technician(Rewire) to help you check it out.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Omotaday(m): 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
Buynownow:
The one I have works perfectly with all brands of car made from 1996. If you are in Lagos, I'll personally deliver to you, and show you how it works.
how much is it? And i will need to know how it works.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Bluffly: 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
Alvin007:

Yea...you have a point there...but get a good/competent auto technician(Rewire) to help you check it out.

Thanks
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by TechCapon(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
Buynownow:
For the sake of those who don't know why having the OBD 2 is important, this is a glimpse of why you must have it.

The most important LIGHT on your DASHBOARD, yet the most neglected.

Why does the "CHECK ENGINE LIGHT" come on?
✔ Indication of Faulty Engine
✔ Indication before your Engine Knocks
✔ Indication for Engine Leakage
✔ Indication of bad Top Gasket
✔ Bad Plugs
✔ When a fault has been fixed but it has not been reset on the ECU (With a Scanner)
✔ When dust affect some Engine Sensors

Please, do not listen to mechanics and car dealers when they tell you it doesn't matter.

Solution: Get a car fault auto scanner and do the following
✔ Reset the ECU with your auto scanner and restart the engine allow it to steam for about 2mins if the light doesn't come on then you know it's either because of a former fixed fault or there's dust on the engine's sensors.

✔ If the fault comes back, then you use the AUTO CAR SCANNER to diagnose the fault and get the fault fix instructions to assist your mechanic fix your car without resorting to TRIAL AND ERROR or GUESSWORK.

LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE!
excellent
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by mu2sa2: 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
Jakumo:

There is some unintended wisdom to be found in your joke, Nurey.

Any man pikin who has ever been trapped in traffic gridlock for HOURS, with their bladder bursting, but with no safe place to empty it, would wish they had a device called a CONDOM CATHETER, which fits over their man meat, and allows the wearer to secretly take a leak into a sealed plastic bag connected to the device by rubber tubing. Discard when used, and only use new. For women-folk, sorry you are on your own in this instance, as there is currently no comparable invention that fits the female anatomy.

Another more serious consideration in Nigerian traffic jams is the gentlemen who show up alongside cars and rob the occupants at knife-point or gunpoint. This small and discreet MACE gas dispenser will temporarily blind an attacker, and neutralize them for up to 45 minutes, giving time for escape by car, or on foot, if need be.

https://www.freedomsecurityproducts.com/mace/concealable-defense/black-macer-keyguardr-mini-pepper-spray-baton.html

Here is the ladies model Mace spray, disguised to look like a lipstick dispenser. This tiny device will make hoodlums go away and never return.

https://www.freedomsecurityproducts.com/mace/concealable-defense/mace-exquisite-gold-purse-model.html

You won't believe what a guy did. He was travelling and picked a hitchhiking woman by the road side. A few kilometres out of town he said he turned off the highway into a dirt road, stopped the car and had sex with the woman, a total stranger to him. In curiosity I asked if he used a condom and he replied dismissively "wetin be condom?"
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Gillow101(m): 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
mu2sa2:
You won't believe what a guy did. He was travelling and picked a hitchhiking woman by the road side. A few kilometres out of town he said he turned off the highway into a dirt road, stopped the car and had sex with the woman, a total stranger to him. In curiosity I asked if he used a condom and he replied dismissively "wetin be condom?"

Wetin you take answer the guy?

Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Gillow101(m): 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
lofty900:
nice. Didn't know this thing is available for everyone. Thought it was only for bullet proof cars
Why not save yourself the troubles of waiting on the roads side or getting stranded all in the name of unforeseen circumstances like air blowout or punctures.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by kismo(m): 9:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
How much is it sold and where do l get it?
Also, where do we get the jump-start battery charger?

TechCapon:
use the universal OBD2 car reader. I recommend the Panlong Bluetooth OBD2 Super Mini auto scanner. Works well for Japanese cars. The OBD2 port is usually located under the steering wheel....
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
Omotaday:
how much is it? And i will need to know how it works.
I sell for 8k.

Please call or chat with me.
if you are in Lagos, I'll personally show you how it works.
Re: Top 5 Car Accessories Every Nigerian Should Have In Their Cars At All Times. by mu2sa2: 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
Gillow101:

Wetin you take answer the guy?
What could I have said? When a man carelessly beckon to Aids I can only pity his innocent wife.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six Areas To Check Before Buying A Used Vehicle / Overheating – All You Need To Know / Photos : Accident At Ijesha, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.