Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria (6634 Views)

Stakeholders Praise Ugwuanyi For Making Enugu Reference In Public Service Reform / Please Which South East State Is Closer To Enugu Capital City / Enugu Capital: See How Residents Hunt For Drinking Water: PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by 12Monkeys: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Coal made Enugu a city. The commercial interest in its resource was a promising forecast that attracted settlement and growth.

Similarly with Kaduna. It was an intersection of trade routes. The rail followed that legacy and when terminus was built there part of the projection was missionary work. Britain agreed not to take missionary work into the Emirates and so the outskirt frontier became administrative post and eventually attracted bureaucratic and clerical duties and settlements.

A singular commodity is not enough to found a capital.

I am sure you are aware of abandoned towns in the US which were formed from coal mining.

Did Zik not see the oil discoveries in 1953 as a pointer or the sea ports in calabar as a more feasible alternative to some remote coal mining town?
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by BabaRamota1980: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

Oyoruba tell me the meaning of Yoruba first

You come from a subperior clan. You have no right to know about those superior to you. Yoruba own you. You owe me answer. What leaf cladding clan produced you?

2 Likes

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by 12Monkeys: 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

You come from a subperior clan. You have no right to know about those superior to you. Yoruba own you. You owe me answer. What leaf cladding clan produced you?

Superiority in a sh!thole is like a big fat roach
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by BabaRamota1980: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

Superiority in a sh!thole is like a big fat roach

Superiority of Yoruba is applicable to your reality.

What leaf cladding root gathering clan produced you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by 12Monkeys: 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Superiority of Yoruba is applicable to your reality.

What leaf cladding root gathering clan produced you?

But sorry, what is a wasterner doing in this thread?

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by BabaRamota1980: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

But sorry, what is a wasterner doing in this thread?

Nigga, what leaf cladding ant eating clan produced you?
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by 12Monkeys: 1:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Nigga, what leaf cladding ant eating clan produced you?

you dare call me a nigger, you niggest nig?

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by BabaRamota1980: 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2018
Monkey,
You are quiet now. I dont like that. Talk to me....when Yoruba legends like Awolowo was creating milestones in Yorubaland your ancestors were just learning to replace leaf fiber with clothe fiber to cover nak.edness. There are many such tribes in this country. Which is yours?

2 Likes

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by 12Monkeys: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
[s]
BabaRamota1980:
Monkey,
You are quiet now. I dont like that. Talk to me....when Yoruba legends like Awolowo was creating milestones in Yorubaland your ancestors were just learning to replace leaf fiber with clothe fiber to cover nak.edness. There are many such tribes in this country. Which is yours?
[/s]

Don't worry I will do a special on Awo's own foolishness and his lame attempt at coup plotting.
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by BabaRamota1980: 1:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

you dare call me a nigger, you niggest nig?

Monkey Nigga, which leaf cladding backward clan of people produced you?
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by BabaRamota1980: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:
[s][/s]

Don't worry I will do a special on Awo's own foolishness and his lame attempt at coup plotting.

Irrelevant shyte from a son of uncivilized ant gatherers
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by BabaRamota1980: 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2018
Monkey say something. Chirp your tribal identity. Where are you from?
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by BabaRamota1980: 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ill be back for you, omo ale!
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by gaddafe(m): 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

Zik remains a fool as there is no explanation for his foolish decision to move the capital from Calabar - a city with pre-existing infrastructure, heritage and a sea port - to a backward remote coal town in the middle of no where.

To make matters worse he was more engrossed in Lagos politics and how to get closer to his Zungeru roots.

The man was daft and berrefet of ideas.

Ask yourself the honest truth, is Calabar not a hundred times better than any city in the East or entire ND till this day?

You are saying the truth but the vulgar language might not make people take your point. I personally believe that our founding father (Awo, Zik, sarduna, okotie ebor) contributed to the problems of Nigeria by complicating the British created entity. Any present day Nigerian who still see them as heros is not ready for development and is plain silly

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:
That singular act mitigated against the old Eastern region's developmental strides and also caused great suspicion among non-Igboid peoples towards Igbo domineering stance. Enugu as capital will later come to haunt the Biafran cause.

Calabar as capital would have not seen to Western cameroon wanting to seccede. That singular act would have not serve as inspiration for the Ijaws fighting to leave eastern Nigerian.

What was exactly Azikiwe"s motive in making a remote and inhospitable coal town as capital beats my imagination.

Azikiwe was more interested in Lagos politics and economy and suffered huge myopia in not seeing the great potential cities like Calabar or even Port-Harcourt would have had as capital of eastern Nigeria which if he had foresight would have rivaled Lagos by now.

Even up till this day, Enugu remains a harsh place to reside and do business for the simple sake of climate, vegetation and access to water.

Enugu's limited growth today is because it is a mecca to all igbos because back when it was a coal city there were hardly any Igbo settlements there so for this said reason Igbos from across the SE can easily settle there without fear of being rejected as not being from there.

The major property holders and business interests in Enugu are not limited to Igbos from Enugu but from Anambra and Abia.

I have always believed Zik chose the economically and politically impractical Enugu so that he can be closer to his beloved Zungeru.

Lagos was Zik's base and as a non business oriented person he never saw the potential of other coastal cities in the East because he had no singular clue and this was also compounded by his fanatical obsession over national harmony.

Cross River and Calabar remain the most viable state and capital respectively till this day and with a serious minded governor, the state can easily overtake Lagos within the next 10yrs even under crushing opposition from ethno religious obstacles put in place by Abuja.

So if Zik could not see the potential of repositioning the eastern region back in the days, I wonder how that fool would have had a clue in the messed up political situation we find ourselves today with an overbearing Federal govt.

This same Zik supported the Sarduna's plan to balkanize the old western region by supporting the creation of the defunct mid-western region. Little did he also know that the same Sarduna was plotting with Awolowo to carve the Calabar-Ogoja-Rivers regions from the old eastern region.

Why the same stupid Zik did not support Awolowo in carving out a middle belt region out of the north beats me till this day. FYI, the mantra "one north" coined and reiterated by Ahmadu Bello was a rallying call to resist Northern balkanization. It is even safe to state that Awolowo and Sarduna were behind the plebiscite that saw western Cameron leave Nigeria and the subsequent Ijaw uprising for independence.

Azikiwe to me is a fool. If he had not been a typified Joe Igbokwe (Lagos lover) and an Nzeagwu (North lover), there won't have been so much animosity and suspicion of the Igbos by the other nationals of the old eastern region.

ziks did something and left a legacy.you WHT have you done? What has your father and fathers father's done to improve the life of the Igboz na to come talk nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by Agbaletu: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Monkey Nigga, which leaf cladding backward clan of people produced you?
The guy is sounding demented. Zik and Awo will forever be respected regardless of their roles before, during and after independence.
I am very sure he came from the lineage of the gibbons.
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by NonsoWow: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Did you say Enugu is a harsh place to reside

What exactly do you mean by that OP

I take it that you have not been to Enugu undecided

But he said the truth there. Enugu is very hot and humid and the town suffers severe water crisis. Enugu lacks groundwater, what you find when you dig for water is coal, coal, more coal and lead. Till today, enugu is fed by water tankers from Awka and other parts of Anambra. Enugu is just an overrated ghetto.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by Naijiant: 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
Zik didn't make Enugu capital of the Eastern Region. Enugu was capital of Eastern Nigeria from 1939 - a decision made by the British.
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by Ojiofor: 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

Listen, the Niger Deltans still hold reservations about you igbos because of what Zik did.

They are the only people that can accommodate you in today's Nigeria.

If you can not accept the mistakes of your leaders in the past then how are you different from the average Yoruba man who defends that evil man Awolowo or the Awusa Fulani Muslim who still supports Sarduna and his protégé Buhari in their Islamofascist quest of domination.

The ND told you they were no pushover and the reason Biafra failed is because they did not support you.

SO we should have pleased the Niger deltans at our own expense?
If you like support Biafra and if like fight against Biafra like your fathers did that is your business.

2 Likes

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by 12Monkeys: 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
Naijiant:
Zik didn't make Enugu capital of the Eastern Region. Enugu was capital of Eastern Nigeria from 1939 - a decision made by the British.

Enugu was declared as capital only as recent as 1954.

This is a fact as Enugu only became capital from an act of parliament by eastern Nigeria.

If in doubt go and gloss over the reasons why western cameroon seceded from Nigeria.

They listed Enugu emerging as capital as one of their grievances.
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by 12Monkeys: 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ojiofor:

If you like support Biafra and if like fight against Biafra like your fathers did that is your business.

So you expected the ND to fold their hands while you develop Enugu with their wealth?

This is what the ab0kis did with Abuja.
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by Ojiofor: 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

So you expected the ND to fold their hands while you develop Enugu with their wealth?

This is what the ab0kis did with Abuja.

Are we still under Eastern region?
Guy move on this is 2018 not 1958.
Btw, it was okay by you when western region used your so called wealth to develope Lagos,you no complain and you are cool as your so called wealth is been use to develope Abuja for the past 30 years but you won't fold your hands if it is used to develope Enugu?
Who is stopping you from using your so called wealth to build and develope Yenagoa,Warri and other swampy villages etc....
Abeg pack one side.

4 Likes

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by EternalTruths: 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

Guy, I am pro Biafran and a staunch supporter of Igbos here to the point I have been categorised as Igbo.
Bishopmagic

Let us be honest, Azikiwe and Ojukwu did not help their cause by being paternalistic and condescending towards the other nationals in the old eastern region.

Every committed Biafran knows that what you wrote is true.

Don't be discouraged by the insults because IPOB will definitely take note of the correction.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by EternalTruths: 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:
I don't understand why some igbos are insulting me here over calling Zik a fool.

If calabar had been the capital of old eastern region, would your brothers be going to Lagos to import cheap Chinese crap while getting insulted by the ingrate lazy yorubas?

What then is the call for eastern ports when you still revere Lagos?

It seems there is a Joe Igbokwe in every Igbo man.

Look at Abuja and how igbos have cemented their destinies in the hands of jihadist blackmailers.

You refuse to identify with your own homes and that closes to you but rather carry your foolishness like Zik to Lagos and zungeru.

Why then won't the yorubas mock you and the Awusa threaten you at every opportunity.

I keep saying that you igbos living in the north are the only ones giving these barbarians the opportunity to have the audacity to come to the negotiating table with their threat to repeat another pogrom.

Can you not learn from your stupidity and that of zik?

Bishopmagic

IPOB failed because you like the Hebrews in Egypt that refused to follow moses saw the little scraps you benefited in Egypt over your salvation.

Biafra failed primarily because of your arrogance towards the ND and your own fair share of traitors as it us no secret that many igbos became rich after the war as a result of their treason towards biafra?

If Biafrans can not help themselves then who can?

I am a staunch supporter of biafra primarily because I believe every people deserve the right to self rule and that I am in principle against multiculturalism plus the most important fact that an Igbo nation will see to an emancipation of other oppressed minority people in this God forsaken Marxist contraption.

Now, once again, Zik remains a fool. If you support Zik stupidity blindly then you are no different than the Yoruba bastards who still worship that criminal Awolowo.

Why did you say IPOB failed when many of us are tenaciously hanging unto IPOB.

Don't mistaken the decision of the elites with the people to mean that IPOB(moses) was ignored.

At the appointed time, we will rise.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by EternalTruths: 4:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

Enugu was declared as capital only as recent as 1954.

This is a fact as Enugu only became capital from an act of parliament by eastern Nigeria.

If in doubt go and gloss over the reasons why western cameroon seceded from Nigeria.
Bishopmagic

They listed Enugu emerging as capital as one of their grievances.

Pls, give me a link to this.

God bless you.

Give non IPOB members time to understand and appreciate the facts you have dished out on this forum
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by EternalTruths: 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
gaddafe:

You are saying the truth but the vulgar language might not make people take your point. I personally believe that our founding father (Awo, Zik, sarduna, okotie ebor) contributed to the problems of Nigeria by complicating the British created entity. Any present day Nigerian who still see them as heros is not ready for development and is plain silly

The problem is not the vulgar language but our people who did not pay attention to similar comment made by Kanu & IPOB.

Bishopmagic aka 12monkeys is saying the truth and should know that all IPOB members believe what he said is true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by konoplyanka: 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

If any tribe have rightly suffered in my hand here is the Yoruba.

If there is any tribe I have defended serially here to the point I am labelled an Igbo it is the Igbo.

Go through my posts and topics
Your rantings on nairaland is meaningless as it doesn't affect any Yoruba son. It's just a manifestation of your boiling hatred for a progressive tribe way above your league. So it's meaningless checking your posts. Just take it easy with yourself.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by DankemzI(m): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ojiofor:

Yes....
Now who's hurting?
Igbos are heavily marginalised because of their tricks.
Now with developmental strides entering Ogun that's how Calabar would've influenced the development of South East.....
Truly Zik was short sighted
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by Ojiofor: 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2018
DankemzI:

Yes....
Now who's hurting?
Igbos are heavily marginalised because of their tricks.
Now with developmental strides entering Ogun that's how Calabar would've influenced the development of South East.....
Truly Zik was short sighted

Continue to dwell on Zik's mistake of 1940 and blame zik for all your underdevelopment.Don't hold present government accountable rather hold unto Zik until you join him.You that isn't marginalised why are you complaining?Develope your area with your oil wealth and leave us alone.

5 Likes

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by revolt(m): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
Pls dnt mention zik and ojukwu in the same sentence. Even though we lost a war, ojukwu proved a salient point. The igbo man is very ingenious and can be united. Zik was like obama...ojukwu like trump. Zik was blinded by some stupid one nigeria belief. He gave too malny concessions for that stupid non alliance . He discovered too late tht ahmadu bello had a different agenda. The movement of the capital from calabar to enugu was strategic. Calabar became an economic hub(prior to the bombings)while enugu was to becone adminstrative.

1 Like

Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by konoplyanka: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2018
12Monkeys:

Oyoruba tell me the meaning of Yoruba first

Oyoruba(if that bullshit exists) means the people of Oyo.

Now what tree jumping monkey clan are you from?
Re: Azikiwe's Foolishness In Making Enugu Capital Of Old Eastern Nigeria by staytravel: 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahoK97dot_w

New series documenting Biafran war stories.

After watching it, it makes me realise that we need to work to make Nigeria great for everyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today / Breaking! Yorubas Youths Attack Igbos At PVC Registration Center (Video,Pix) / Shuaibu Babas, Supporters Defect To PDP in Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.