Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter (74722 Views)

Peter Obi And Asiwaju Tinubu Shake Hands At The Peace Accord (Photo) / Atiku And Buhari All Smiles, Shake Hands At Peace Accord Signing (PHOTOS) / Buhari And Obasanjo Shake Hands At National Council Meeting (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by agriboom: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2018
INEC: No Wonder They Want to ban Phones (see pics)

This is from the just concluded katsina by-election, it is claimed that the money guy is a local government DAF also in Bauchi you have to shout/gesture for agents to know you voted for a particular party

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7558092_e5838b83b6fd498c9a6b58fac2d6ca15_jpeg_jpeg12c9a30897c49477fb17bdc89e291cc9

Photos credit: https://mobile.twitter.com/olushola_shola/status/1028490574364598272

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by merry02(m): 10:15am On Aug 12, 2018
INEC and Nigeria police are threat to Nigeria Democracy

533 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by BiafranBushBoy: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2018
I hate this country!

And some of the people quoting me are all over the place begging for N-power to pay them!

useless youths who feel they can't achieve anything again in life.

This is saddening!

381 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Nakachos: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2018
This evidence alone is enough for PDP to call for national protest against APC and INEC.

What kind of rubbish is this.
Bribing an inec official on duty is treason for me.

493 Likes 51 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by madridguy(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2018
This is unacceptable.

The Nigeria Police should arrest this man and charge him.

This act is more than a threat to our democracy.

244 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by PrincessB1(f): 10:35am On Aug 12, 2018
Oh Nigeria!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by agriboom: 10:41am On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

Com’on man, in what country do you expect the police to act?

187 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by vanbonattel: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2018
Normal APC sleaze

19 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by BabaRamota1980: 10:45am On Aug 12, 2018
There is nothing wrong to give them money for drinks or food. The workers are out there from early morning till late evening. Even after voting closed and voters have left they did not leave, their work continued.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by seunmsg(m): 10:47am On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

It is premature to quickly conclude that the man who clearly displayed his ID card is bribing the INEC adhoc staff. It could be a gift for refreshment. No political party can be so foolish as to be bribing INEC staff publicly in this manner. If it was a bribe, agents of other parties would have protested publicly.

141 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by LarryBee1k: 10:48am On Aug 12, 2018
Na them

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by madridguy(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2018
You may be right.

seunmsg:

It is premature to quickly conclude that the man who clearly displayed his ID card is bribing the INEC adhoc staff. It could be a gift for refreshment. No political party can be so foolish as to be bribing INEC staff publicly in this manner. If it was a bribe, agents of other parties would have protested publicly.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Oche211(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2018
merry02:
INEC and Nigeria police are threat to Nigeria Democracy
you are absolutely right.
Bt we'll need more than social media activism to stop this madness in 2019

13 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Bolustical: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2018
seunmsg:

Seun,

Though I don't know the party this moneybag politician belongs to, I must admit that this is wrong in all ways. The INEC ad-hoc staff will be paid after the elections and I am sure they have enough for refreshment.

Either APC or PDP, this is wrong, vote buying is a PDP thing and should not be encouraged under this administration. The man does not need to call it a bribe before we know this is an outright inducement.

God bless Nigeria and PMB.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by vickylincon(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2018
Nakachos:
This evidence alone is enough for PDP to call for national protest against APC and INEC.

What kind of rubbish is this.
Bribing an inec official on duty is treason for me.
do you know if it is PDP? As if they are not the same. Come 2019, I prefer to vote for Buhari if PDP present the same people, save for Donald Duke, I can vote for him. Though my best option will be either Fela or sowore. But both Apc and pdp are the same. Just that I like buhari but he's weak

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by ivandragon: 11:12am On Aug 12, 2018
seunmsg:

it might be premature to make conclusions, but there is enough precedence to raise concerns about the true intent.

at the last gubernatorial elections in Ekiti state, the same thing happened, party agents (APC shared the money) that raised alarm were bundled away by security agents for 'disturbing' the election.

what is bad, is bad, regardless of who does it. if you say you want a country built on justice & fair play, we cannot continue to make justifications for obvious wrongs simply because they favour our 'preferred criminals'.

even when situations are put into certain perspectives to justify such wrongs, it must be done with serious considerations for other factors.

lastly, the inec officials have been paid or at least given a portion of their entitlements for the job. collecting anything from other interested parties to do a job you have been paid for is graft.. which is a form of corruption.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by seunmsg(m): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2018
Bolustical:

Seun,

Though I don't know the party this moneybag politician belongs to, I must admit that this is wrong in all ways. The INEC ad-hoc staff will be paid after the elections and I am sure they have enough for refreshment.

Either APC or PDP, this is wrong, vote buying is a PDP thing and should not be encouraged under this administration. The man does not need to call it a bribe before we know this is an outright inducement.

I am not an advocate of vote buying but the pictures above are not strong enough to indict any party for bribery. The man may even be a senior INEC official for all we know.

16 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by rummmy: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2018
Bolustical:

Seun,

i have worked as an ad-hoc inec staff during one of the election in the north. They have a way of doing their things. The party in power buys even other party agents who believe this is the only time to eat political money,all the agents will agree and Chanel all the votes to a particular contestant and share the money, it as an ad-hoc staff you refuse to go by their agreement, sorry will be your name, corpers only resisted this ugly trend in 2011 election,we all saw the results and how nysc members were treated all over in the north..... I can tell you how election are rigged in the north and how to counter it if you ask me to.. Thank you

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by rummmy: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2018
Bolustical:

Seun,

i have worked as an ad-hoc inec staff during one of the election in the north. They have a way of doing their things. The party in power buys even other party agents who believe this is the only time to eat political money,all the agents will agree and Chanel all the votes to a particular contestant and share the money, if as an ad-hoc staff you refuse to go by their agreement, sorry will be your name, corp members only resisted this ugly trend in 2011 election,we all saw the results and how nysc members were treated all over in the north..... I can tell you how election are rigged in the north and how to counter it if you ask me to.. Thank you

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by BrokenTV: 11:47am On Aug 12, 2018
seunmsg:

I am not an advocate of vote buying but the pictures above are not strong enough to indict any party for bribery. The man may even be a senior INEC official for all we know.
A senior INEC official at the premises where they are currently conducting election, is their allowances and fees supposed to be paid to them at that venue, make una fear God na.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2018
Tomorrow now, Buhari will justify this by saying that he knows nothing about it undecided

Do we still have a president

Is he still functioning

28 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
There is nothing wrong to give them money for drinks or food. The workers are out there from early morning till late evening. Even after voting closed and voters have left they did not leave, their work continued.

seunmsg:

Really?

24 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by 3millionia: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
GetDaVisa

M out of this ga dam country cool

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by hucienda: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
No wonder.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by NothingDoMe: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Babaramota, fear God.

15 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by papauju(m): 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
This is unacceptable.

you can not arrest the person you have collected money from

9 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by salbis(m): 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
Na poor people dey do themselves.
Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by okeyglm: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
The only Saviour is Electronic voting.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by digitalheadline(m): 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
Now you know why they need 242billion for 2019 elections...

27 Likes

Re: Photos Of Money Exchanging Hands At Polling Unit Go Viral On Twitter by budusky05(m): 12:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
If saraki fit act NA drama then nothing PDP no fit do

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Save My Life: Sonia Ekweremadu Appeals For Kidney Donation / Nnamdi Kanu And His Biafra-Themed Attire In Court Today (Photo) / Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.