Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,463 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Spirituality & Faith: Blessings And Curses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirituality & Faith: Blessings And Curses (245 Views)

Questions On The Wages Of Sin Is Death, Inherited Sins And Curses / Christians And Curses/threats / Bishop David Oyedepo Curses Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spirituality & Faith: Blessings And Curses by Solomonudofia(m): 10:12am On Aug 12, 2018
It’s hard… Very hard in fact… ‘It’s hard’; I repeat. ‘What is?’ You might wonder.

Doubts and Belief.

It’s hard believing in someone whose existence you constantly doubt as easy as you believe in Him. It isn’t easy, especially when ‘blessings‘ come in form of ‘curses’.

I saw something today; it read; ‘I stopped believing in God due to infertility.’ What might have gone wrong. Her prayers weren’t enough or her parents own weren’t? What kind of comfort words do you give such a person? It’s hard; believing. It really is hard holding on especially when blessings come twisted with curses. How do you fathom the supremacy of He who you’ve never seen? When destiny, fate, luck or sheer coincidence could be the reason for the response you ‘thought’ you got to your prayers.

Who do we blame?

Should the child whose mother dies while giving her life be blamed or the bride whose in-laws died on the way to her wedding?

Should the neighbors’ daughter who got pregnant at 14 be blamed or should we put the blame on the father who sent the mother packing when the said daughter was just 9?

Should the drunk uncle take the blame for the rape or the maid who opened the door at 12:15 am be blamed?

Should we continually label the grandmother whose children and grandchildren die; a witch or should we accept that these children didn’t ‘choose‘ long life.

It’s easy, very easy to blame people for things that happens to us, or even God: the person of an higher authority for what might have been. It’s convenient to throw in blames at when willed.

Grace.

I’m a firm believer in something called ‘luck’ and a probable higher cause called ‘grace’; as at when convenient. I find it difficult to believe in this thing called ‘fate’ or ‘destiny’ though. I find it unbelievable that someone who makes all things beautiful would think a creation of his deserves a pint or bucketful or houseful of bad luck and then we tag it ‘fate’. And all this for no just cause? The puzzle just doesn’t fit.

It’s easy for the society to castigate the newborn whose mother died or a bride whose in-law met with their death on the way to her wedding. Would the baby’s death with the mother have lessen the pain or the death of the in-laws after the wedding make things any easier?

Maybe; ‘fate’, ‘luck’, ‘destiny’, ‘fortune’ and ‘coincidence’ are school of thoughts created by men for men to make things (situations) ‘easier’ to accept, and well, maybe not. Because, all this would mean accepting that some people are born to ‘suffer’ or be ‘nonentities’.

Many times it’s hard to just hold on and let things take it’s course. Many times the person of a superior authority is questioned. Many times, letting go is easier especially when ‘God’ seemingly sends a ‘gift’ that is both a blessing and a curse

https://www.clintgist.com/spirituality-faith-blessings-and-curses-id8026117-html/

(1) (Reply)

Breaking Free From Generational Curses(intro) / Who Is A Muslim? / Patriotic Muslim Broda Want To See Pvc Before He Give Out Sallah Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.