Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? (563 Views)

What Is The Worst Sin A Christian Can Commit / The Worst Sin Is Not Sexual Sin, You Will Only Kill Yourself / Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 10:56am On Aug 12, 2018
Hello Nairalanders! Happy Sunday.

I do hear a lot of religious leaders preach on 'SIN'. And whenever they do so, they start listing the type of sins.

What surprises me is that whenever these religious leaders talk on sins, these sins listed below are always on their top list of sins.

1. Adultery/Fornication

2. Killing/Murder

3. Stealing/Robbing

then the one that most times come last on their list is 'Lying'.

Why is lying always the least?

Should we say that those 3 sins listed above are the worst sins?

And why is 'lying' not always on the first 3 sins on their list?

I grew up with the mentality that 'All Sins Are Equal'. But the way religious leaders handle sin of adultery/fornication is different from the way they handle sin of lying.

They award more punishment to those who commit the former while giving little or no punishment to those who commit the latter.

Matured response please.
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by dingbang(m): 11:06am On Aug 12, 2018
Adultery...
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 11:10am On Aug 12, 2018
dingbang:
Adultery...
Why?
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by dingbang(m): 11:12am On Aug 12, 2018
Ksatriy:

Why?

cuz its the only sin in the bible that angers the lord most
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 11:16am On Aug 12, 2018
dingbang:
Hmmm!
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 11:27am On Aug 12, 2018
dingbang:

Adam and Eve commitd sin of disobedience and God gets angry and cursed them.

Cain commitsd the sin of murder by killing his brother and God gets angry with him and cursed him.

Is there anyone who was cursed by God for commitin sin of adultery?
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by dingbang(m): 11:34am On Aug 12, 2018
Ksatriy:

Adam and Eve commitd sin of disobedience and God gets angry and cursed them.

Cain commitsd the sin of murder by killing his brother and God gets angry with him and cursed him.

Is there anyone who was cursed by God for commitin sin of adultery?

cursed them yes, but they didn't die in hell.
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 12, 2018
Blasphemy
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 11:42am On Aug 12, 2018
1Cor 6:8
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

What that verse says is in no way means that sexual sin is the worst/greatest sin.

Or is it?
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2018
dingbang:
cursed them yes, but they didn't die in hell.
cursed them. Who are the 'them'? I asked if there were people God cursed becos they commitd sin of adultery.
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 11:51am On Aug 12, 2018
AmiciLord:
Blasphemy

this is the unforgivable sin. But u rarely hear religious leaders talk about it.
The hammer on the sins of adultery and fornication.
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by menix(m): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ksatriy:
cursed them. Who are the 'them'? I asked if there were people God cursed becos they commitd sin of adultery.

God cursed King David For Adultery nd Conversion of Uriel's Wife, go to 2nd Samuel 12 vs 10-13..
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 12:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
menix:

God cursed King David For Adultery nd Conversion of Uriel's Wife, go to 2nd Samuel 12 vs 10-13..
oh I remembr. But dat doesnt makes sin of adultery d worst sin.
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by menix(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ksatriy:
oh I remembr. But dat doesnt makes sin of adultery d worst sin.

Sure, thou I believe the worst sin is that which is against the Holyspirit because Mark 3 vs 28-30 says all. Sins can be forgiven except Blasphemy against the Holyspirit..

If it Can't be forgiven, the it's the worst sin..
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
menix:

Sure, thou I believe the worst sin is that which is against the Holyspirit because Mark 3 vs 28-30 says all. Sins can be forgiven except Blasphemy against the Holyspirit..

If it Can't be forgiven, the it's the worst sin..

This is my point. But preachers rarely talk about this when they preach on sins.
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by menix(m): 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ksatriy:

This is my point. But preachers rarely talk about this when they preach on sins.

Possibly because it does Not in anyway infringe on the law of the land unlike Adultery(Under Penal Code), Stealing, Murder as u mentioned..
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by orisa37: 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Sins are generally classified into two:- 1 Breaking Contracts and Agreement with fellow Humans 2 Breaking God's Covenant and His 10 Commandments. The greatest and most grievous of the two is number 2.
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 12:57am On Aug 13, 2018
orisa37, are we still under the law?
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by orisa37: 5:33am On Aug 13, 2018
Ksatriy:

God give my killer Grace not to kill me. And it is done. Grace has been applied specifically but always general to me, the Applicant-BornAgain.
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Auki: 6:19am On Aug 13, 2018
Biggest sin; Associating partner(s) with ur Creator. That is breaking the first covenant. E.g. Calling Jesus God, Son of God, triune God e.t.c.
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Auki: 6:22am On Aug 13, 2018
orisa37:
Sins are generally classified into two:-
1 Breaking Contracts and Agreement with fellow Humans
2 Breaking God's Covenant and His 10 Commandments.
The greatest and most grievous of the two is number 2.

Fantastic answer.
Re: Which Of The Sins Is The Greatest/worst Sin? by Ksatriy: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2018
Auki:
Biggest sin; Associating partner(s) with ur Creator. That is breaking the first covenant. E.g. Calling Jesus God, Son of God, triune God e.t.c.
What is the first covenant?

(1) (Reply)

MouthAction In Christian Marriage / Atheists: How Do You Explain Spirit? / What Will You Do If Your Pastor Tells You This In Church (pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.