Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? (8016 Views)

When You Know That Your Village Witches Are At Work / GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Format Of A Nigerian Resume (CV) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by Seun(m): 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2007
Hello,

I know that most workers resume between 8am and 9am, latest 10am (owners).

And I know that teachers and government workers generally close between 2pm and 3pm.
Is it true that most other workers in Nigeria close and go home between 5pm and 6pm?

Can you tell us what time you resume and close at your place of work? Resumption time, closing time?

Thanks.
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by Coleslove: 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2007
I'm a private worker by the way. Resumes 9am and early enough i close for the day 10:30/11pm. If need be stay awake in my office. Workaholic  wink wink wink I think i love it
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by LoverBwoy(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2007
I know that teachers and government workers generally close between 2pm and 3pm.
shocked

so what time do they start work then?
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by bibilari(f): 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2007
Well it depends, i work in shifts, early i close 2pm or late 9 pm. but ihear some pple claose 10 11pm especially bankers
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by TheOne2(m): 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2007
I resume at 7:30 am and close at 4:15 pm.
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by jiggo(m): 10:23pm On Mar 29, 2007
I get to office 7am/7:15am/, latest 7:30am, but my closing hours is undefined!!!! smiley wink grin shocked
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by hope(f): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2007
I work in a private firm, we run shift which is in 5 shift.
Mid resume 8am close 5pm
Noon resume 1pm close 9pm
Early night 6pm close 6am
Late night 8pm close 6am
Day 9am close 9pm which it is twice a month
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by flyKUDE(m): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2007
usually resume work 8.30,and close by 8.0 pm.,and somedays when i have work to do,i sleep over at the office.
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by doubletree(f): 11:00pm On Mar 29, 2007
8.30-4.30
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 29, 2007
The vocab "resume" work sounds different why can't Nigerians just say I start work at blah blah blah.
All this grammar sef grin grin grin
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by ricadelide(m): 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2007
babyosisi:

The vocab "resume" work sounds different why can't Nigerians just say I start work at blah blah blah.
All this grammar sef grin grin grin

yeah i agree with you. 'resume' connotes 'to restart something' like resuming from a holiday. when i first saw it i even though he was referring to a CV. lol.
apart from the big grammer, it is not apt. it would be more appropriate to say what time do you arrive at work, or in plain old simple english; what time do you start work.
please lets always keep it unostentatious! (I meant 'simple', LOL)
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by kobe(m): 3:11am On Mar 30, 2007
'resume' connotes 'to restart something' like resuming from a holiday. when i first saw it i even though he was referring to a CV. lol.
I'm not sure your example bodes well with your stance.  Like you said to resume means to restart something, okay let's go with that-----
You said you resume from a holiday, how can you not resume from work?  Afterall, taking a break from work is comparable to your example of taking a break by going on a holiday, coming back from that holiday, is like coming back from home to resume the work you left suspended.

All this grammar sef

re·sume1      /rɪˈzum/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-zoom] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -sumed, -sum·ing.
–verb (used with object) 1. to take up or go on with again after interruption; continue: to resume a journey. 
2. to take or occupy again: to resume one's seat. 
3. to take or assume use or practice of again: to resume her maiden name. 
4. to take back: to resume the title to a property. 
–verb (used without object) 5. to go on or continue after interruption: The dancing is about to resume. 
6. to begin again.

Although it would be more appropriate to resume after a lunch break or whatever, resume work sounds a okay, but I agree with you that it is a bit uncommon.
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by texazzpete(m): 6:25am On Mar 30, 2007
7am to 4pm

Most importantly, i don't work weekends!! YaY!
The One:

I resume at 7:30 am and close at 4:15 pm.
Now i know where u do work. you guys have better hours!
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by olagoke1(m): 6:54am On Mar 30, 2007
i resume at work by 9am and close by 6pm
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by bunmii(f): 7:41am On Mar 30, 2007
i'm a student so i do part time, i start at 1.00pm and close @ 6.30 pm
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by osteen(m): 7:46am On Mar 30, 2007
I resume 8am and close 5pm on a good day but have to spend the night or longer hours if required. And going by lagos traffic you can close by 5pm and still get back home as late as 10pm.
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by naomijt(f): 8:08am On Mar 30, 2007
My work schedule is quite flexible. I go to work three days a week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Working hours on these days is 9a.m. to 5p.m.

On the other days, I work from home at my own schedule and pace, except when I am called to the office for an important issue.
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by Tobiegal(f): 8:10am On Mar 30, 2007
resume 8/8.15am
actual close time 6pm
leave d office 7pm
get home 10pm lipsrsealed

NB: Mondays - Fridays
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by Tornadoz(m): 8:19am On Mar 30, 2007
Tobiegal:

resume 8/8.15am
actual close time 6pm
leave d office 7pm
get home 10pm lipsrsealed

NB: Mondays - Fridays
If you resume at 8:15 and you posted at 8:15 where the hell are you? Are you at work, in the car, bus etc?
Now don't tell me you are at work. When does surfing the internet constitute work? Lol
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by jiggo(m): 8:24am On Mar 30, 2007
my dear, surfing d net is serios work o, wich planet r u from sef?
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by pearlyseed(f): 8:35am On Mar 30, 2007
7.00am - 4.00pm

1 Like

Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by estylove1(f): 8:44am On Mar 30, 2007
i resume work 8.30am and close by 4.30pm

1 Like

Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by chypatrick(f): 9:11am On Mar 30, 2007
i think every thing depends on the pay. u dont tell me that u resume by 8-815am and closes 7,8,9-10pm at the end of the day u collect peanuts. The higher the pay , the longer time your servces will be required. [b][/b]BUT some company's rob their empolyees. lipsrsealed
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by tng(f): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2007
I resume at 7.30am and close at 5pm.
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by chypatrick(f): 9:25am On Mar 30, 2007
we shud be truthful to one another, the whole thing depends on the pay, u dont just tell me that u resume by 8/8.30 am and closes 7,8,9-10pm and at the end of the day u collect peanuts. i beleive that the higher the pay, the longer the time of your services is needed. BUT some employers rob their employees.  lipsrsealed
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by sweetchick(f): 9:30am On Mar 30, 2007
I start work at 8am . My official closing time is 5pm but I usually finish at 6pm . When I work late, I close at 7pm
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by Gettolove(m): 10:00am On Mar 30, 2007
I do not have a specific time cos im a freelance grin
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by mujila: 10:03am On Mar 30, 2007
I resume at 6:15am and close by 1:00pm
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by mbato: 10:21am On Mar 30, 2007
8.00am - 5.00pm
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by Soundmind(m): 10:27am On Mar 30, 2007
Well, it depends on the company or office regulation. I resume work latest 8 am and have undefined closing hour but must not be earlier than 6pm. Though, i work with private company.
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by nikynike(f): 10:38am On Mar 30, 2007
Well, lm Working with an Oil Co, l resume 7am and close by 4pm. If l did not close by 4Pm, l will start booking my overtime.
Re: What Time Do You Resume / Close At Work? by amee07(f): 10:45am On Mar 30, 2007
I resume work between 7:30 /8:00am and close at 10pm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Contract Job With Total (200k) Vs Masters In The Uk: Which Do U Prefer? / Nairalanders, Please Learn To Sell Yourselves! / 4 Ways To Improve Your Job Prospects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.