Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? (1463 Views)

Does Religion Matter? / Why does Religion Pervert and Twist the Intellect of Christians - An Opinion / There is only one common enemy and that is religion not humanity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
The earth is very inconsequential considering the size of the universe.
The sun, our star, is arguably one of the smallest stars in the universe and it's as if our faith here on earth doesn't account for what is in the universe.

If the earth passes away, will the universe follow suit?

If we eventually develop a technology that can make us survive in other planets in the universe when the earth is passing away, what does the Bible or Qur'an say about that?

I think religion is myopic when it comes to the real happenings because most of the beliefs are limited to what happens on earth and the earth is not even 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 the actually size of the observable universe.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by felixomor: 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
The earth is very inconsequential considering the size of the universe.
The sun, our star, is arguably one of the smallest stars in the universe and it's as if our faith here on earth doesn't account for what is in the universe.

If the earth passes away, will the universe follow suit?

If we eventually develop a technology that can make us survive in other planets in the universe when the earth is passing away, what does the Bible or Qur'an say about that?

I think religion is myopic when it comes to the real happenings because most of the believes are limited to what happens on earth and the earth is not even 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 the actually size of the universe.

What is the size of the universe?
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
felixomor:

What is the size of the universe?
why are you asking such question?
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by Martinez19(m): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
The people who made up holy books didn't have the means to inquire about other planets and other extraterrestrials. They holy books were written from the limited and crude perspective of the people who wrote them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by felixomor: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
why are you asking such question?

Since u say belief makes people myopic so that they dont know the size of the universe

So I decided to ask u that is not myopic
What the size of the universe is?

So,
what is the size of the universe?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by alterswerve(m): 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
The one that has been written, what have you successfully done with it?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
alterswerve:
The one that has been written, what have you successfully done with it?
Nothing useful (that could not be done without it). That's why he questions its usefulness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by brodalikeme(m): 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
I will assume by religion you mean Christianity. Though Christianity is not a religion but a way of life, however that discussion will be for another day.

Back to your question, the earth seems important and often spoken about in the Bible because it is the dwelling place of man. Man is created in the image of God to show His praise and glory this has necessitated Christianity and religion as some may called it.

Also you talked about other planets and the probability of it sustaining life, my friend even there and then God is right there waiting for man. Psalm 148 gives us a vivid picture of al of the universe, the sun, moon, stars, angel, hills, mountain, snow, fire etc praising God. God created everything, it’s just the myopic/canal man that seek separation from Him.

Thank you, God bless you and enjoy your day.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
brodalikeme:
I will assume by religion you mean Christianity. Though Christianity is not a religion but a way of life, however that discussion will be for another day.

Back to your question, the earth seems important and often spoken about in the Bible because it is the dwelling place of man. Man is created in the image of God to show His praise and glory this has necessitated Christianity and religion as some may called it.

Also you talked about other planets and the probability of it sustaining life, my friend even there and then God is right there waiting for man. Psalm 148 gives us a vivid picture of al of the universe, the sun, moon, stars, angel, hills, mountain, snow, fire etc praising God. God created everything, it’s just the myopic/canal man that seek separation from Him.

Thank you, God bless you and enjoy your day.
the earth seem important? No, as a matter of fact, the earth is not important, you need to see the bigger picture.

If God created everything, did jesus died for the earth or the universe? If yes, show us from the scriptures
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by brodalikeme(m): 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
the earth seem important? No, as a matter of fact, the earth is not important, you need to see the bigger picture.

If God created everything, did jesus died for the earth or the universe? If yes, show us from the scriptures

Which bigger picture are you referring to here? I don’t seems to get you

Jesus’s death is an atonement for the sin of mankind not everything.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
brodalikeme:

Which bigger picture are you referring to here? I don’t seems to get you

Jesus’s death is an atonement for the sin of mankind not everything.
lol, look beyond the earth, did Jesus died for the atonement of the sins of other planets?
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by brodalikeme(m): 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2018
nwabekeyi:
lol, look beyond the earth, did Jesus died for the atonement of the sins of other planets?

Very funny indeed, are they humans in other planet or you just want this to result into argument.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
brodalikeme:

Very funny indeed, are they humans in other planet or you just want this to result into argument.
nobody knows tbat for sure because we have not been there, not even the bible didn't documented that, so you cannot say living creatures are not there..
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by felixomor: 3:21am On Aug 13, 2018
JackBizzle:

[s]Quite a stupid question, don't you think? How would someone know the size of the universe if one has never reached the end of the universe?[/s]

Of course your long absence couldnt clear your foolishness....
I didnt expect better.

Read the original post and read all my comments that lead to the question.
Next time, Dont be a dolt.
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by felixomor: 3:42am On Aug 13, 2018
dalaman:

Felixmoron!

Hehehehe........
Religious section
Keeping atheists awake since 1805 grin

Get your life a meaning.
Or convert your family and come back.
I can feel your pain though
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by dalaman: 3:48am On Aug 13, 2018
felixomor:

Hehehehe........
Religious section
Keeping atheists awake since 1805 grin

Get your life a meaning.
Or convert your family and come back.
I can feel your pain though

Yeye local champion, there is something called different time zones you fool! Didn't they tell you that the world has many different time zones? It's exactly 12:47 PM here (on monday) you idiot that thinks only Nigerian time exist in the world. Travel round the world and get educated and exposed you won't, you prefer to live in that failed country and be crying baa baa baa like the deranged goat that you are. Idiot!

You are so foolish you had to name yourself felixmoron.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by felixomor: 3:50am On Aug 13, 2018
dalaman:

[s]Yeye local champion, there is something called different time zones you fool! Didn't they tell you that the world has many different time zones? It's exactly 12:47 PM here you idiot that thinks only Nigerian time exist in the world. Travel round the world and get educated and exposed you won't, you prefer to live in that failed country and be crying baa baa baa like the deranged goat that you are. Idiot!

You are so foolish you had to name yourself felixmoron[/s].

Different time zones doesnt still mean you should constiute foolish nuisance.

I am not the cause of your pain that u couldn't make your whole family to become atheists.... grin

Sleep off....
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by dalaman: 3:56am On Aug 13, 2018
felixomor:

Different time zones doesnt still mean you should constiute foolish nuisance.

I am not the cause of your pain that u couldn't make your whole family to become atheists.... grin

Sleep off....

You didn't know the world has different time zones else you wouldn't be talking like the deranged goat that you are. My family doesn't have to be atheist. Just as yours doesn't have to be as well, but that doesn't stop you from being a mor0n, am more interested in making sure that you stop your mor0nic acts. You know that you are a mor0n that you had to name yourself felixmoron. You are saying I should sleep off, it's almost 1pm here you moronic goat.
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by felixomor: 4:05am On Aug 13, 2018
dalaman:

[s]Yahweh is a Nincompoop.

Shut up you shameless liar, you only made that statement because it is late at Night in Nigeria. Lie all you want but that is the fact. Felixmoron[/s].

Hehehehe e pain am grin
Insulting who He calls imaginary....

I am not the cause of your pain.

Make your family atheists and u will find inner peace grin
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by felixomor: 4:12am On Aug 13, 2018
dalaman:

[s]You believe he exist don't you? You once challenge me to insult it and see if it won't kill me, remember? Yahweh is a Nincompoop. Vex all you want because that is all you can do and nothing more.

At least I've shown you that your Yahweh is imaginary and can not do anything to anybody, all you can do is get angry and annoyed on his behalf, but Yahweh can' t get angry or annoyed because he remains an imaginary idea that lives only inside your olodo head. Felixmoron[/s].

Eliminate this pain grin
Make your household and village to see the light of atheism.... grin

Till then, remain in your wilderness....
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by felixomor: 4:15am On Aug 13, 2018
dalaman:

[s]You mean the pain you are feeling because you've been shown that Yahweh is imaginary and a Nincompoop?

No wonder you had to name yourself felixmoron. [/s]
At least I can convince my family of Him

Unlike a failure like u grin
Re: Why Does Religion Not Account For Any Other Parts Of The Universe Than Earth? by felixomor: 4:21am On Aug 13, 2018
dalaman:

[s]You can only indoctrinate your family on its behalf because Yahweh remains imaginary and can not do anything for himself. It has to rely on a total failure and moronic goat like you to indoctrinate people on its behalf, insult them on it's behalf, get angry on its behalf, threaten people with death on its bahalf and do everything on its behalf, it can ever do anything on its own because it lives and exist only inside your deluded and olodo head.

No God that exist in reality will depend on you to do anything for it, only the one that resides in your moronic goat head. Felixoron.[/s]
And
You will continue to fail.... grin

Hahaha ha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu north LGA Set On Fire / Is White Wedding Biblical? / Muslim Tagging On Nairaland. This Must Be Stopped!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.