Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,277 members, 7,780,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (783953 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Fatty16(f): 5:15pm On Nov 06, 2018
Spotlighte:

Writing TOEFL wouldn't hurt you so if you have the resources, you should. Also, check the schools' requirements (usually on the website) to see if it is a criterion for being admitted, especially for international students. Contact the schools via email or phone calls if you ever need to clarify anything.

Your age isn't a barrier. Your age is just fine.

Cheers.
thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
Be strong! Disappointments is a part of life. So I'd advise you to be philosophical about it. You can actually try again.
Miirrahh:
I called, and I was asked to send a mail. I did send a mail, and I received a response stating that my visa was refused under section 214(b) ( no close ties to home). I wasnt even asked any question in that area.
I was just asked 2 questions, and that was it. It's so unfair!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2018
Miirrahh:
I called, and I was asked to send a mail. I did send a mail, and I received a response stating that my visa was refused under section 214(b) ( no close ties to home). I wasnt even asked any question in that area.
I was just asked 2 questions, and that was it. It's so unfair!

Don't let that weigh you down, try and reapply so u can still make spring semester.
Majority of people that got their visas has been denied once or twice before .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Poperich(m): 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
roniex2:

Congrats. Please share your transcript with us

My transcript is just like the regular ones everybody has read on this platform.

(first interview)

Me: Good morning madam
V.O: Nodded. Pass me your I-20 form and passport pls
Me: did
And every other questions were basically on my statement of account which was retained with the passport, scrutinized and I was told I will be banned for life if it turns out false. To which I was affirmative and said she should go ahead and do the background checks.
VO: she gave me a white form thereafter

Sunday, got a call from the embassy for a re-interview on Monday.
(2nd Interview)

VO: I've checked ur documents and you came out clean. Congratulations. When you get to the US, don't get involved in anything illegal and ensure you maintain your status to avoid troubles.
Me:Thank you Ma.
VO: Issued another white form to me,congratulated me again and wishes me luck.

Conclusion: Honesty and confidence are the keys. Also, pray for God's favour. I made a mistake with my DS160, putting my residential address for my place of birth, but all these never count against me during the interview, although I was going to explain myself truthfully that I made the mistake as a result of using Google autofill in order to avoid consistent running out of session during the registration.

But thanks to this platform for everything they have done to help honest average Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ibiyehmea: 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good Evening Everyone.
I just got my I-20 for Grand Canyon University, Arizona, Phoenix.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OgbeniOptional(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
10 years ban dey hungry u.

ibiyehmea:
Good Evening Everyone.

However, I have two issues:
1) Does anybody know if the school has been cast in a bad light as a visa Mill school, or generally, of anyone knows any info about the school

2) I don't have an original statement of account.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
ibiyehmea:
Good Evening Everyone.

1) Does anybody know if the school has been cast in a bad light as a visa Mill school, or generally, of anyone knows any info about the school

Hold your hands on your ears, I repeat... don’t ever go to US Embassy with fake statement of account. They made it a rule to verify all statement of accounts before issuing visa. Only in few cases that they don’t collect Statement of account

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miirrahh: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Congratulations.
roniex2:

Congrats. Please share your transcript with us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
ibiyehmea:
Good Evening Everyone.

@bolded I think you should clear yourself . probably you meant you don't have a original copy of a genuine SOA but a photocopy... If it's this i think both works well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hello wonderful people,

I actually just finished booking an appointment date and i just noticed the school address i submitted during the ds 106 is different from the address on my I-20. The address i submitted during the Ds-106 was the address of the graduate admission of my school which is different from what i just noticed on my i-20.
This is the only thing i noticed and i dont know if it will have effect. If the VO ask during my interview, I'll tell him/her the truth but I'm scared becasue of the mistake.

Please can anyone share some light? Can this really have effect? I had every other thing correct.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
Bunmip:
Hello wonderful people,

I actually just finished booking an appointment date and i just noticed the school address i submitted during the ds 106 is different from the address on my I-20. The address i submitted during the Ds-106 was the address of the graduate admission of my school which is different from what i just noticed on my i-20.
This is the only thing i noticed and i dont know if it will have effect. If the VO ask during my interview, I'll tell him/her the truth but I'm scared becasue of the mistake.

Please can anyone share some light? Can this really have effect? I had every other thing correct.

I think you should be fine. Since the address you used is not of another school!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
Bunmip:
Hello wonderful people,

I think you should be fine. Since the address you used is not of another school!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Twhizzy2: 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
Bunmip:
Hello wonderful people,

Do you still get an appointment date for this year?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
ifyalways:

Thank you. We have just registered for SAT. I spoke to the school though and waiting for their feedback.

As long as your student is not applying for the Fall 2019 admission using the Early Action/Decision, the result from the Dec.1st SAT exam will be accepted. This is because the results will be out before end of December, and the Regular Decision applications are due from Jan 1st onward, depending on the college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Yrey: 10:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
While I await my I-20, Please i want to know if my aunt needs to give me a letter indicating she's the owner of her account. I will be making use of her SOA and it's not bearing her name. Its not her personal account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hello there, I just got an offer of admission for an MS program at the University of Southern Mississippi, which also comes with a full tuition waiver and stipends. The sum of the assistantship is more than the estimated cost of study for a whole academic year. I will like to know if I still need to send an account statement with a balance exceeding the estimated cost of study or not. Thanks

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 1:06am On Nov 07, 2018
slamcole:
Hello there, I just got an offer of admission for an MS program at the University of Southern Mississippi, which also comes with a full tuition waiver and stipends. The sum of the assistantship is more than the estimated cost of study for a whole academic year. I will like to know if I still need to send an account statement with a balance exceeding the estimated cost of study or not. Thanks

No, you don’t need to
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 1:25am On Nov 07, 2018
good morning everyone, please for those who had presented letter of study leave, when asked by the Vo, who do we address the" Letter of Study Leave" by employer to, is it to the embassy where we will have the interview or , thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by gobby(f): 3:11am On Nov 07, 2018
pls what if i have evaluated my results before now but in WES USA, so how do i go about it, will they just transfer the result to WES CANADA or i will start all over again?
Spotlighte:

Hey, that's the new WES policy. Your WAEC result must be submitted alongside your transcript before your result can be evaluated.

No WAEC result, no evaluation. That's how it is now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TeamDoctor: 5:10am On Nov 07, 2018
TeamDoctor:
I really appreciate the unalloyed support and effort of this great forum... though am an aspiring applicant for fall 2019, I will applying for Nursing science in the USA but I have this particular questions begging for answers....

I have D7 in English in my waec cert with the rest subjects cleared....
while in my Neco I made all my subjects C6 and above which I wrote the same time with waec
the question now is this.... can Neco be acceptable in lieu of Waec for admission in the USA? if No.... then can waec result with D7 in english be pardoned??

but also I have an ND in SLT with distinction... (3. 75 GP on a 4. 0 scale) but not applying with it.... don't knw if it can also play a role in getting this situation solved. Pls any one with relevant answer should pls come up with It....
pardon my ignorance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 5:13am On Nov 07, 2018
CuteRedd:

Follow this verbatim and you will be fine

Thank you so much. I do appreciate. I wish I could have someone in Lagos help me do this. Anyone please??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by princeGee23: 5:44am On Nov 07, 2018
Gurus in the house, what is the way to this request. Make una help una guy ooo

princeGee23:
Hello guys,

Please what is the procedure to renew international passport in United State. I really hope this is visible and easy to achieve.

Any contribution will be highly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martAKINOLA(m): 7:16am On Nov 07, 2018
guys please help me on this, lets leave the milling along, it's too late to change
please help me
martAKINOLA:
Hello guys, I appreciate you guys contribution to this page, but my interview is near and I need you guys to please help me scrutinise my transcript.

Vo. Good morning
Me. Good morning
Vo. So what have you been doing since after high school?
Me. After finishing high school in 2016, I'm a type of person that get easily distracted by something so my mum insisted that I shouldn't do any other thing than focusing on my admission processes in that course to avoid idle hand she asked me to assists her at one of her filling stations as the supervisor.( this is what have been on my previous DS.160)
Vo. So where are you going?
Me. I'm going to Lincoln university to pursue my bachelor degree in diagnostic imagine in concentration in sonography
Vo. Why did you choose this school?
Me. They have excellent course curriculum, the main is that the area they offer in diagnostic imaging best fits my area of interest which is sonography, which deals with the application of ultrasound. What finally boosted my interest was on my communication with Prof khatia mania, I was updated on the ongoing research in the school which I would like to be a part of.
vo. what are your study plans?
me. I'll be offering a total of 122 units for the 4years which comprises of, general education 45 units, core courses 16 units, general ultrasound courses 34 units, concentration and electives are furtherly divided into 2, which are
sonography and electives 21 units
echo cardiography and electives 21 units finally externships 6 units
Vo. What are the courses you'll be doing?
Me. Physical properties of ultrasound, ultrasound principles and protocols, medical terminology, critical thinking, echo imaging, abdomen and small parts, abdominal vascular, peripheral vascular.
vo. what are your post graduation plans?
me. this my course is very much alien here in Nigeria so I'll take a job at mother and children hospital at ondo state, which this course I'll have upper and and added advantage there.
Vo. Who is responsible for your fees?
Me. My mum, she is a successful business woman in the south western area of Nigeria, she is into oil and gas, which include petroleum fuel and cooking

then the deaf mood activated�
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by roniex2(f): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2018
martAKINOLA:
guys please help me on this, lets leave the milling along, it's too late to change
please help me

I have seen people going to top universities, even with funding getting denied and I have also seen people that went there with schools like VIU, Iglobal that have gotten their visas. The key is know how to defend your school. Don't go there saying their curriculum is good or whatever they have aligns with your career goals. That will get you a straight denial because there are thousands of better schools. Find something specific you like about the school or your program and sell the school.
NB: I would advise other students to apply to better schools that would give you a degree people will respect.
All the best.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Merico96: 7:58am On Nov 07, 2018
No one wants to relate to my issue?
Merico96:
Please, am a newbie in the house.
I already made admission application but my sponsor is neither my uncle nor a relative. He's someone that picked interest in sponsoring me and he lives in New York. How can I reflect that as to whom my sponsor is?
And what more info is needed regarding such a sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 07, 2018
Merico96:
No one wants to relate to my issue?

It's as simple as saying he is your uncle ...but be sure he is really ready to sponsor you and everything is not a deceit . Get his affidavit to that effect. you good to go

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Missjayone22: 8:39am On Nov 07, 2018
MartAKINOLA
pls don't listen to those dream killers saying they reject Lincoln students.Am also going to Lincoln University and I know 4 people that they have visa last year to the school.Be hopeful and think before you talk or if you are lost just say "pardon".I was denied on Monday based on my fault and i accept it and willing to go there again.It all depends on you and your responses.Be positive that's all and fluent........Best of luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Missjayone22: 8:46am On Nov 07, 2018
There's is an orientation going on at EDUCATION USA tomorrow at Walter Carrington.If you have you i-20 follow them on Facebook and register to attend by 12:30pm.It strictly by invitation by registering.
Consulars will be coming to talk to students about visa interviews,the causes denials and how to go about them.Be there

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Missjayone22: 8:49am On Nov 07, 2018
The invite..

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 9:01am On Nov 07, 2018
Missjayone22:
MartAKINOLA
pls don't listen to those dream killers saying they reject Lincoln students.Am also going to Lincoln University and I know 4 people that they have visa last year to the school.Be hopeful and think before you talk or if you are lost just say "pardon".I was denied on Monday based on my fault and i accept it and willing to go there again.It all depends on you and your responses.Be positive that's all and fluent........Best of luck

I expected you to share testimony that you got your visa with the school but ended up dashing peoples hope with the refusal you got. Which fault are you talking about. Well it’s better to learn from people’s experience. Am not saying that people don’t get visa with Lincoln, iglobal , VIU, but visa refusal rate I have seen with those schools is very high. There is over 3000 schools in USA... why must it be these schools?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martAKINOLA(m): 9:06am On Nov 07, 2018
Missjayone22:
MartAKINOLA

alright brov. please what exactly was your flaws maybe I could learn from that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martAKINOLA(m): 9:08am On Nov 07, 2018
Humble11:

I expected you to share testimony that you got your visa with the school but ended up dashing peoples hope with the refusal you got. Which fault are you talking about. Well it’s better to learn from people’s experience. Am not saying that people don’t get visa with Lincoln, iglobal , VIU, but visa refusal rate I have seen with those schools is very high. There is over 3000 schools in USA... why must it be these schools?

This is kind of Harsh

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.