Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,757 members, 7,802,315 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (791140 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by deedorte: 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
Flaame:
Nope,what is the problem? Tell me

The person you responded to earlier said his DS 160 expired during his 2nd interview. Just curious.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Atunde5: 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
Good day house, I made a simple mistakes on dates while filling my ds160 and I have already submitted it and book for interview which is next week. My question now is can I fill a new ds160 with the updated information and change it on the visa appointment Page? Please help me oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pinoy1tv: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miirrahh: 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
Lol.... Thank you. Im a girl tho.[qquote author=homirefacuny post=73002507]

Congratulations Bros..... I wish you the very best out there and I tap into this testimony. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2018
deedorte:

The person you responded to earlier said his DS 160 expired during his 2nd interview. Just curious.
It passed a month?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Miirrahh:
Lol.... Thank you. Im a girl tho.[qquote author=homirefacuny post=73002507]

Congratulations Bros..... I wish you the very best out there and I tap into this testimony.
Ok madam... All the best. Greet Ogbeni Trump for me grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
Atunde5:
Good day house, I made a simple mistakes on dates while filling my ds160 and I have already submitted it and book for interview which is next week. My question now is can I fill a new ds160 with the updated information and change it on the visa appointment Page? Please help me oooo

Yes, you can. Fill out a new DS-160 form and update it on your profile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
davidson97:
Hello guys please I just completed my Bsc in Ecomics from AAUE (Ambrose Alli university ekpoma Edo state Nigeria) I graduated with a 2:2 but right now am enroute to doing my ICAN please I wanted to know the list of school with a moderately affordable school fees and if possible how can I get a scholarship for a masters program in a US school

This is a very big ask except someone already has a list of schools with moderately affordable tuition. Typically, public schools are more affordable than private schools and with a good application package (GRE, TOEFL, personal statement, recommendation letters etc) you may be eligible for some form of scholarship or teaching or graduate assistantship. You can start by looking at the ranking for graduate programmes in Economics (https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-humanities-schools/economics-rankings) and selecting programmes that appeal to you. Next, you can email the programme directors about the possibility of funding or scholarships. Most programme directors will respond to you and this can then guide the schools that you apply to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2018
RoastedCorn:
Yes I would discontinue the procedure because it would put my GPA below 3.0 and I'm applying for a scholarship where 3.0 is the minimum . .

So I'm asking again, would the one I didn't write be counted as F9?

Simply call WES over the phone and clarify if your WAEC results are factored into the calculation of your GPA. They will be most happy to clear the air on it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
Miirrahh:
Hello all, I have good news. I haven't checked my visa status in a while, I decided to do so yesterday, and my status was 'ISSUED'! I equally received an sms and a mail yesterday asking me to go pick it up in dhl wuse 2, which I did this morning. I am short of words because just last week it was on REFUSED and today its been ISSUED. Thank you so much to everyone who gave me a listening ear on this platform. I really appreciate... PS: I'm going to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, anyone there could chat me up. wink wink

I spoke with a Senegalese friend who is doing her PhD in your school and she has agreed that I share her contact with you. You can PM me or drop your email address on here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RoastedCorn(m): 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
GboyegaD:

I would suggest you write to WES but normally, I don't expect them to grade it since there isn't any grade for the subject.
Thank you boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RoastedCorn(m): 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
Timotee:

Simply call WES over the phone and clarify if your WAEC results are factored into the calculation of your GPA. They will be most happy to clear the air on it.
thank you boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
elladara:
. Good day all, am new here, although ve started reading thread from apart 1, my intention is to go for my masters by fall 2019. How soon can i do TOEFL or any other test that my course would be required.
thanks for your prompt response.

If you're applying for fall 2019, you are already behind schedule. You should register to write your GRE as soon as you can, as test dates for this year are almost full (December 13th was the last date in Lagos as at last check). With respect to the TOEFL test, many schools in the US are now beginning to waive the TOEFL test for Nigeria (you can confirm from the school's website or from the graduate school). Your best bet will be to apply to schools that waive TOEFL and don't require external evaluation (e.g. WES) of your transcript (many schools do their own evaluation). Also, consider that priority deadlines to be considered for some form of funding is usually either in December or January. All in all, you're still in order if you start now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
[quote author=Atunde5 post=73003710]Good day house, I made a simple mistakes on dates while filling my ds160 and I have already submitted it and book for interview which is next week. My question now is can I fill a new ds160 with the updated information and change it on the visa appointment Page? Please help me oooo[/quote

Start a whole new ds160, you'll be assigned a new number. You can fill to an extent, save and log out. Then log into your visa profile page and replace your old ds160 number with the new one. Then reprint your interview appointment showing the new ds160 number.
Then log into your visa profile, on the left hand side, click on 'update profile'

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jerido: 9:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
100kobo:

ETSU is a good profile. Without much ado transfer your SEVIS fee to ETSU, and do well to highlight your scholarship award during your next meeting. You can still be approved. Visa decisions are subjective, fortunately or unfortunately.

My program starts date for ETSU is on the 7th of Jan., can I request for emergency booking though I have been denied visa during my last interview based on sponsorship issue. Since I'm changing Sevis fee to ETSU based on the 50%scholarship, won't that send any signal to the V. O.

Please I need help.. 100Kobo, lagosismyhome...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by evelyyn: 10:50pm On Nov 15, 2018
evelyyn:
Hi guys please check this out and give me better suggestions if it's not Good enough

Vo: what would you be doing after Saint rose
Me:I'd go back to my country after graduation to work as a lab physician in a hospital owned by family and also manage my parents properties as the only child.
N/b i was previously denied because I wasn't able to convince the vo of my intent to return after grad

What do you guys think does this really show a strong tie? .... I need answers my interview is fast approaching!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by thayor21: 10:54pm On Nov 15, 2018
Adhheir:

2 weeks is a long time, here are the options i THINK you have
1. In your mind make the less preferred school your most preferred school, come up with reasonable and convincing reasons you chose the course and school in your proposed transcript, go get your visa and you can then change to your most preferred school.

2. Request your school send you a soft copy if your I20; there you have your sevis code and pay your sevis fee with the code, wait for the I20, book a regular visa date and expedite!

I wish you luck
God bless you sir for the idea..please I have sent a mail to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sammy1210: 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2018
Pls what was the sponsorship issue about . Just curious to know
Jerido:

My program starts date for ETSU is on the 7th of Jan., can I request for emergency booking though I have been denied visa during my last interview based on sponsorship issue. Since I'm changing Sevis fee to ETSU based on the 50%scholarship, won't that send any signal to the V. O.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 12:01am On Nov 16, 2018
One of the the schools I applied to for Fall 2019 admission converted my 3.79/5 Nigeria CGPA to 2.768/4. Using their internal evaluation.
I guess these is too low and people who got below my Nigeria CGPA are always above 3.0/4 when converted by Wes or other schools internal evaluations.
Please what might be the causes of the low outcome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ctemi(f): 12:31am On Nov 16, 2018
Hello, pls is there anybody in the house that apply to university of new haven with HND transcript evaluated by WES and was given admission? i will like to know how the person did it pls. cos i helped someone who is an HND graduate that ve evaluate his transcript but UNH claimed his associate degree despite seeing WES evaluation. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:57am On Nov 16, 2018
Jerido:

Well legally it ok to change school and people change school for whatever reason.

I don't see that as a problem but nobody can really predict what goes on in a Vo head. If ETSU is finanically better for you then go with that . Prepare and hope for the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chamberlain100: 2:57am On Nov 16, 2018
please anyone enrolling to James Madison University for fall 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AlterEnigma(m): 3:33am On Nov 16, 2018
Roommate Needed in TAMUK, Kingsville from Spring 2019

Requirements : Male

PM me for details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by evelyyn: 6:43am On Nov 16, 2018
[quote author=evelyyn post=73008408][/quote] Please you guys should say something this ..... Please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by RoastedCorn(m): 8:03am On Nov 16, 2018
Senatorbee:
One of the the schools I applied to for Fall 2019 admission converted my 3.79/5 Nigeria CGPA to 2.768/4. Using their internal evaluation.
I guess these is too low and people who got below my Nigeria CGPA are always above 3.0/4 when converted by Wes or other schools internal evaluations.
Please what might be the causes of the low outcome
hello boss I want to do WES evaluation this week and I need someone to put me through the process, please can you be of help?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 8:18am On Nov 16, 2018
Anyone going to Arkansas Tech University Spring 2019??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 8:19am On Nov 16, 2018
Ctemi:
Hello, pls is there anybody in the house that apply to university of new haven with HND transcript evaluated by WES and was given admission? i will like to know how the person did it pls. cos i helped someone who is an HND graduate that ve evaluate his transcript but UNH claimed his associate degree despite seeing WES evaluation. Thanks

I got admitted into UNH with HND
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hayor88(m): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2018
Good day to all
Can the available date earlier date in Lagos
Still reduce lower than Jan 03....it was Dec 31st yesterday....

Last year's sevis payment was Dec 15 2017
What are chances @ all

Open to response ASAP

God bless all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2018
evelyyn:

Please you guys should say something this ..... Please
Evelyyn....what is the problem?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by felixboye1(m): 8:39am On Nov 16, 2018
Please can I use a bank statement printed about 45 days to my interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaybeepictures(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2018
100kobo:

Your response on Why MBA sounds hackneyed and is replete with grammatical lapses. Leave out those generic aspects and identify the things that meet your appeal for this course. I couldn't see reasons with you in those responses.

I'm also uncomfortable with your response to Why Ashland. Why did you talk about rank here when the school and the course is not top ranked in principle? Please, drop the issue of affordability here and talk about what makes their program a 'high quality' as you claimed. If you're able to justify their high quality of learning, you've earned the score.

As for your plan after the program. Your current job is your best economic tie. You need to let them see how much you value Jocereg Ltd. But talking about your plans for Jocereg and the likes of maxline, Costco in one fell swoop doesn't sure purpose and direction. You may be denied at this point for lacking strong home ties.

Again, on Sponsorship... Why are your two elder sisters sponsoring you? While it is not out of place, be ready to let them in some more regarding your sponsors.

please 100kobo can you expatiate more on "your current job is your best economic tie"..please can you stretch this part a bit? thank you..i don't mind having your contact if you don't mind.. help a bro.thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.