Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792651 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2018
Abiseundun:
I know right, guys don't worry, USA is not a do or die affair, I will surely move on, quite painful but life goes on.

That's the spirit. You can try Europe bro. So many opportunities there too

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nutshell44: 11:23am On Dec 05, 2018
Ubah1:

The bad thing about this ban of a thing is that. Other embassy’s like Canada and UK share almost the same datebase with USA. They will definitely know about the ban.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 11:29am On Dec 05, 2018
Nutshell44:

The bad thing about this ban of a thing is that. Other embassy’s like Canada and UK share almost the same datebase with USA. They will definitely know about the ban.
If you say US finding out from Canada yes but no for Canada and UK getting to know from US. On rare occasion does Canada make inquiry about an applicant from the US embassy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 11:32am On Dec 05, 2018
Nutshell44:

Yes, that's true. Canada, Australia, UK, Ireland will know about the ban. They are the popular English speaking countries, so they share info. But I have seen exceptions where people with ban from USA got Australian, Irish and UK visa. It all depends on how you present your case to them. He should just be truthful in his subsequent application to other countries.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 11:33am On Dec 05, 2018
uniquefurlife:
If you say US finding out from Canada yes but no for Canada and UK getting to know from US. On rare occasion does Canada make inquiry about an applicant from the US embassy.

They do. Don't ever hide your visa refusal from those popular engish speaking countries.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PRYCE(m): 11:43am On Dec 05, 2018
Abiseundun:
Hello everyone, I later got the passport with a declined note, I don't think there's any ban as the letter does not show any. Thank you to all that helped out with info. Will make sure my profile is 100% genuine before I try again, USA or not. Please aspirants should take note and not fall into the same shoes as mine. I believe if there's a ban, it will be in the letter right?

Lesson learned! Hope others will take a cue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 11:50am On Dec 05, 2018
Abiseundun:
That's it
Sorry to be d one to tell u dis...but u have been banned for 10yrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tiptoe1: 11:57am On Dec 05, 2018
If you've booked an appointment date and you intend going to the the embassy with a fake bank statement, just cancel your appointment. The VO knows that just less than 20% of Nigerians would pay that huge amount of money to study with the current situation in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2018
tiptoe1:
If you've booked an appointment date and you intend going to the the embassy with a fake bank statement, just cancel your appointment. The VO knows that just less than 20% of Nigerians would pay that huge amount of money to study with the current situation in Nigeria.

That's even on the high side Bros grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tiptoe1: 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2018
homirefacuny:

That's even on the high side Bros grin
Abi, maybe less than 5% sef grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
uniquefurlife:

How can you say this confidently..... only someone who works in the embassy truly knows what database of shared

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sheke01: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2018
Robert6708:
Hey, how’s everyone doing. Noticed the issue of statement of account being verified is causing a lot of rancor. And some people think embassies now have the right to verify acct balance and what not. Like someone rightly pointed out, the only thing the embassy can confirm is if the statement originated from the bank I.e it’s genuiness as per the Acct no. Name, and other on the surface details. No one has authority to confirm ur balance and transaction history.

For those who got approved and later denied, it’s just fate. Pray harder and refire. All this conspiracy theory is funny. Fact is the figure for visa applicants have tripled, so anyone can be denied for any convenient reason.

And another thing, if I were a VO, and I settle down to read this thread, I can easily tell from the response I get if an applicant is from nairaland or not; and the truth of the matter is 99% of people on here do not have the means to get graduate degree in the US, I mean, with the way naija is, how many people can afford to spend $60k(which is even on a very cheap side). Those that can afford it belong to a very small circle and they don’t usually come on here asking obvious questions. At most they read in silence and go for their interview and kill it.
Preparation is important But like I said. PRAYER IS THE KEY! Before u ask me to what, let me answer ——> to a US VISA!!

Shalom!

In as much as you tried to make sense, you still made some inaccurate assumptions and quoted some unfounded statistics.

Who told you only people that can't afford US tuition come to nairaland to ask questions? I received one of the best academic advice and made one of the best academic decision of my life based on the advice BigFrancis21 gave me 15 months ago. And mind you the advice came after I asked a supposedly "obvious" question.

And which survey did you carry out before you concluded that 99% of peeps on nairaland do not have the means to get graduate degrees in the US? Do you know how many people on this thread have concluded their US graduate studies and how many peeps here are in school right now. The stat would shock you my friend.

How would a VO know if someone is from nairaland from a one, two or three minutes interview? Interview questions have a "generic" path the answers follow, so why you out here ostracizing people that come here to do research and prepare for their interview? You are not a VO sef, so no need to dwell on this point

Who told you everyone need $60k to get US graduate degree?? and you even called it on a very cheap side. WTF. And yes the US embassy can mail banks to verify at least the closing balance of an account statement. They have their customized mail address system and banks would respond to such mail.

Please let us verify the "facts" we post here as they have a huge impact on people's life. You would not know the effect it has, but it always have.

Warm regards

22 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 12:37pm On Dec 05, 2018
Morning here. Please I had my interview on Monday in Abuja and the location I filled for pick up was also Abuja. But right now I'm in Ibadan. Any suggestion on how to go about the collection. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2018
You will have to go there, or have someone pick it up for you by giving consent. Read the white paper given to you. The instruction is there.
slamcole:
Morning here. Please I had my interview on Monday in Abuja and the location I filled for pick up was also Abuja. But right now I'm in Ibadan. Any suggestion on how to go about the collection. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by zolargeo: 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2018
Nutshell44:

Bro. Why did you bring up a distant uncle,since he’s not ur immediate family member. Now u made the Vo focus on that ur uncle

Thanks, please since it has happened that way, what supp
osed to be my response in case of another time...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Obyknow(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2018
Any applicant to North Carolina Agriculture and Technical State University for Fall 2019 here?
I have a question to ask
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Robert6708: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2018
sheke01:

In as much as you tried to make sense, you still made some inaccurate assumptions and quoted some unfounded statistics.

Who told you only people that can't afford US tuition come to nairaland to ask questions? I received one of the best academic advice and made one of the best academic decision of my life based on the advice BigFrancis21 gave me 15 months ago. And mind you the advice came after I asked a supposedly "obvious" question.

And which survey did you carry out before you concluded that 99% of peeps on nairaland do not have the means to get graduate degrees in the US? Do you know how many people on this thread have concluded their US graduate studies and how many peeps here are in school right now. The stat would shock you my friend.

How would a VO know if someone is from nairaland from a one, two or three minutes interview? Interview questions have a "generic" path the answers follow, so why you out here ostracizing people that come here to do research and prepare for their interview? You are not a VO sef, so no need to dwell on this point

Who told you everyone need $60k to get US graduate degree?? and you even called it on a very cheap side. WTF. And yes the US embassy can mail banks to verify at least the closing balance of an account statement. They have their customized mail address system and banks would respond to such mail.

Please let us verify the "facts" we post here as they have a huge impact on people's life. You would not know the effect it has, but it always have.

Warm regards

I didn’t make inaccurate assumptions. There’s a reason Nigeria is known for high number of visa holders who either don’t stay in status or refuse to return upon expiration of visa.

That is why I said 99% and not 100%. However u want to slice it, a good number of people here just want a better life (which is not a crime). Hence the different means and method to get F1 visa, get to US and try to disappear into thin air.

However I mentioned those that can afford it but don’t come on here to ask obvious questions.

And as for the $60k it’s a random estimate I made, which like u pointed out may not be accurate. But how many people in Nigeria right now can afford to spend $20k on further education with true intentions to return to Nigeria.

And finally, if I was a VO (after reading tru dis thread) and during the course of interview I start getting response like ‘I found the school on usnews.com, the school program aligns with my career interest, or my uncle who my father trained is sponsoring me’, I won’t need to scratch my head to know this person is from nairaland.

I feel one big problem we have as a country or as a people is seeing the obvious truth but shying away from it.

Anyways we both made our point. We agree to disagree.

smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2018
creamylicious:
. Choi, we wey wan come lie about bank statement nka Help a jjc
Don't fake it o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jpoppins(f): 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2018
Please my school is resuming Jan 13th , I was denied on Tuesday . Can i still pay for visa and get date or emergency appointment ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2018
Jpoppins:
Please my school is resuming Jan 13th , I was denied on Tuesday . Can i still pay for visa and get date or emergency appointment ?

Has anything changed in your application? If yes, pay another visa fee, and reapply. You can use the emergency appointment option. But if nothing has changed, I advise you give it enough time before going back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2018
fairheart:
If you have been banned, there is a different kind of notice in additional paper that will be attached along with the normal refusal note.

Is it usually stated explicitly when one is banned?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Coloniel5000(m): 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2018
hello house...my SOA is dated June 22, 2018 and I can't get a new one before my interview of few days time, please what would you guys advise. thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by akpumping30(m): 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2018
good day house, plz the appointment date I pick is Jan 9 and school resume jan 14 ... plz I hope there is no problem about this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2018
Jpoppins:
If nothing has changed in your application, stop wasting money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beautyaddy: 6:09pm On Dec 05, 2018
Robert6708:

I didn’t make inaccurate assumptions. There’s a reason Nigeria is known for high number of visa holders who either don’t stay in status or refuse to return upon expiration of visa.

That is why I said 99% and not 100%. However u want to slice it, a good number of people here just want a better life (which is not a crime). Hence the different means and method to get F1 visa, get to US and try to disappear into thin air.

However I mentioned those that can afford it but don’t come on here to ask obvious questions.

And as for the $60k it’s a random estimate I made, which like u pointed out may not be accurate. But how many people in Nigeria right now can afford to spend $20k on further education with true intentions to return to Nigeria.

And finally, if I was a VO (after reading tru dis thread) and during the course of interview I start getting response like ‘I found the school on usnews.com, the school program aligns with my career interest, or my uncle who my father trained is sponsoring me’, I won’t need to scratch my head to know this person is from nairaland.

I feel one big problem we have as a country or as a people is seeing the obvious truth but shying away from it.

Anyways we both made our point. We agree to disagree.

smiley

The Best and Truthful Post I Have Read on this Thread. smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lasthero: 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2018
Coloniel5000:
hello house...my SOA is dated June 22, 2018 and I can't get a new one before my interview of few days time, please what would you guys advise. thanks.

Not advisable. It should atleast from September

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
GboyegaD:

Is it usually stated explicitly when one is banned?

No, but they will tell you your offence and the section of the law you breached. If you ask them during your next interview assuming you went again, they will tell you if you are banned or not.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 6:59pm On Dec 05, 2018
npmi:

If nothing has changed in your application, stop wasting money.

Lol... Special Adviser

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2018
Predstan:

Lol... Special Adviser

Lool. But it’s the truth
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2018
Jpoppins:
Hanty all i will say is follow your instinct, during fall application a lady was denied twice june and july and got her visa same July in all three attempts. If your response is what's killing you prepare wella and shoot your shot you must not wait for six months before something changes in your application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by chiemelaogu: 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2018
Ubah1:

Hi Ubah1, please can I have an email I can reach you on? Mine is chiemelaogu@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2018
chiemelaogu:

Hi Ubah1, please can I have an email I can reach you on? Mine is chiemelaogu@gmail.com

Sent you a mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.