Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792585 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
Well, I know the embassy in Lagos once took down a fix deposit docs from a student, and visa was later issued. Is the investment in the US or in Nigerian bank? You did not elaborate.
Bunmip:
Hello House,

Please I want to ask if Bank statement is the only financial document acceptable to present at the USA embassy here in Nigeria. I have only my Sponsor's (Sister) investment documents who is in USA. She said she doesn't have enough funds to show in her bank statement. Is Investment documents also acceptable showing the value of the investment?

Please I'll really appreciate a reply from the pro in the house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
The Investment is in the US not Nigeria.

fairheart:
Well, I know the embassy in Lagos once took down a fix deposit docs from a student, and visa was later issued. Is the investment in the US or in Nigerian bank? You did not elaborate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
Well, you have to try your luck. Nobody here can say for sure what the interview outcome will be. You could be lucky or favoured enough that VO would not ask for sponsor's financial statement or that having a sponsor in the US wouldn't be seen as reg flag. A very few students have been this lucky. The most recent happened Nov. 25; the student has been to South Africa and UAE, and I feel this is why the VO who interviewed him did not bother to ask his sponsor's statement, and visa was granted 3 days later. Things happen, so give it a try.

Good luck!

Bunmip:
The Investment is in the US not Nigeria.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lasthero: 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2018
Bunmip:
Hello House,

Please I want to ask if Bank statement is the only financial document acceptable to present at the USA embassy here in Nigeria. I have only my Sponsor's (Sister) investment documents who is in USA. She said she doesn't have enough funds to show in her bank statement. Is Investment documents also acceptable showing the value of the investment?

Please I'll really appreciate a reply from the pro in the house.

If it's a money market, mutual fund or any other investment which are easily redeemable, you can use it but make sure you get a reference letter from the investment bank/body, stating that the funds are easily accessible. You should be fine.
I used mutual fund statement during my interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
Thank you for your reply. Really appreciate

lasthero:

If it's a money market, mutual fund or any other investment which are easily redeemable, you can use it but make sure you get a reference letter from the investment bank/body, stating that the funds are easily accessible. You should be fine.
I used mutual fund statement during my interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bunmip: 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
Okay, Thank you

fairheart:
Well, you have to try your luck. Nobody here can say for sure what the interview outcome will be. You could be lucky or favoured enough that VO would not ask for sponsor's financial statement or that having a sponsor in the US wouldn't be seen as reg flag. A very few students have been this lucky. The most recent happened Nov. 25; the student has been to South Africa and UAE, and I feel this is why the VO who interviewed him did not bother to ask his sponsor's statement, and visa was granted 3 days later. Things happen, so give it a try.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
fairheart:

Good luck!

do travel history do count?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nowadays, it starts to count, like boost your chance where student has done his/her home work.
Enasdan:
do travel history do count?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2018
I think the most important thing for you is to get the conversation with the VO during the interview to a stage where sponsor statement is asked for. At this stage, you'd have convinced the VO for approval.
Bunmip:
Okay, Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
fairheart:
Lol. he was not a student there o; he was visiting! In addition, I used "legal status" in the context of being a UK resident.

Read well. He said he was doing his masters program there and applied for usa tourist visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adedayo65: 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
Please, can someone who was denied previously like 5days ago be granted an expedited appointment in the same center (Lagos consulate)?
Please help, it's urgent!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
Adedayo65:
Please, can someone who was denied previously like 5days ago be granted an expedited appointment in the same center (Lagos consulate)?
Please help, it's urgent!

Yes , it's possible for F1 visa but you won't find it funny with the V.O if you reappear within a very short period. They might ask you what have changed in your application or why you think you are qualified now.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ubah1:

Yes , it's possible for F1 visa but you won't find it funny with the V.O if you reappear within a very short period. They might ask you what have changed in your application or why you think you are qualified now.
what if you are asked what has changed in your last application within the last 6 months, when all the information you enter is the same compared to the previous one after 6 months. how can
you respond to the question? do you have any suggestions,? thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ifexontop(m): 7:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

please can you fill DS-160 with a telephone? It boders me because i don't have money for laptop.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
You can. Or use a cyber cafe.
Ifexontop:
please can you fill DS-160 with a telephone? It boders me because i don't have money for laptop.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 8:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
Well, it boils down to the personal conviction of the applicant if he feels he can convince the V.O on a second trial. For example, if he lost confidence during the first interview and wasn't composed enough to explain why he's going to the US.

In the past, people have gone to the embassy after three or five days and got their visa. I really dont know if this still works now though. So goodluck to him in whatever decision he makes .
Ubah1:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adedayo65: 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
Enasdan:
what if you are asked what has changed in your last application within the last 6 months, when all the information you enter is the same compared to the previous one after 6 months. how can
you respond to the question? do you have any suggestions,? thanks

Nothing changed in my application apart from my level of confidence which I have worked on greatly....

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
kfrosh:
Well, it boils down to the personal conviction of the applicant if he feels he can convince the V.O on a second trial. For example, if he lost confidence during the first interview and wasn't composed enough to explain why he's going to the US.

In the past, people have gone to the embassy after three or five days and got their visa. I really dont know if this still works now though. So goodluck to him in whatever decision he makes .

Yes, it all depends on why you were refused in the first place. In general, it's not good to rush to reapply if nothing has changed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
Good evening guys. Please does anyone know any budget hotel close to the Abuja Embassy.... Feedback will be appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
Beblessedbaba:
Good evening guys. Please does anyone know any budget hotel close to the Embassy.... Feedback will be appreciated

There are several hotels around Obalende and environs that cost 5000 - 7000naira and the transport from the hotels to the embassy is just 100naira

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pharmacylaws: 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
Please what does this mean. Your passport is still with the US embassy/consulate written on my dashboard online. After one has been denied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
pharmacylaws:
Please what does this mean. Your passport is still with the US embassy/consulate written on my dashboard online. After one has been denied.

They will update the system later. You have nothing to worry if your passport is with you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
Sorry i mean Abuja Embassy
yuscodguy:

There are several hotels around Obalende and environs that cost 5000 - 7000naira and the transport from the hotels to the embassy is just 100naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaxx007: 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
Beblessedbaba:
Good evening guys. Please does anyone know any budget hotel close to the Abuja Embassy.... Feedback will be appreciated

Try to stay away From hotels very close to the embassy and avoid using those hotel taxi use Uber.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 10, 2018
Flaame:
For Gods sake.....why cant you people just leave agents out of this....It is not a big deal filling ds--160,u can do it urself,that is why you are students,unless truely u are not!

@tombnok Morgan boy pm me let's connect!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 6:59am On Dec 10, 2018
Good morning everyone, I hope we all had a nice weekend? We are going to celebrate approved visa this week, throughout the month of December and throughout spring process by God's grace.

Stay blessed and put all hope in God.

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 7:03am On Dec 10, 2018
yuscodguy:
Good morning everyone, I hope we all had a nice weekend? We are going to celebrate approved visa this week, throughout the month of December and throughout spring process by God's grace.

Stay blessed and put all hope in God.
Amen!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mmlanrehh(m): 8:01am On Dec 10, 2018
[quote author=yuscodguy post=73707023]Good morning everyone, I hope we all had a nice weekend? We are going to celebrate approved visa this week, throughout the month of December and throughout spring process by God's grace.

Stay blessed and put all hope in God. [/quote

With Faith Amin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 8:11am On Dec 10, 2018
@fairheart Im yet to hear from you bro. Im guessing you are quite busy. Either way thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by boommer: 9:24am On Dec 10, 2018
good day . i find it had to pay for application fee on northen Illinois university with my gtb master card...the machine says payment declined .can you help with another way to make payment pls. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bujebudanu1(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2018
boommer:
good day . i find it had to pay for application fee on northen Illinois university with my gtb master card...the machine says payment declined .can you help with another way to make payment pls. thanks

From this thread

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jaxx007: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2018
With this new verification of account for F1 visa how long does it take for visa to change from AP to issued ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.