Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792823 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
I believe it is okay.
sensisosu:

What if the sponsor is unable to show the balance on the account based on how fluid he is with cash but had the balance on the account a day before and transacts over 200mil in 6 months ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2018
ollypapi:
Pls I mistake sign on parent name instead on my name..
Pls can I use tipex to clean the signature and sign on my name
I want to ask hope this is not an issue for me..
This is my i20
Leave it as u have already made a mistake,do not alter or conceal anything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
ollypapi:
My people good morning and to those who has been using their time to enlighten us here i say kudos!
Please as i will soon go to embasssy,are we going to pay anything there or is there cause for any fee.
Why im asking is im only going with my document o and my tfare

Another question is how do we arrange the files so when they ask for it i can giv them without wasting time.
U will be directed on how to arrange ur files when u get there,relax!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kirusky4life(f): 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
Good evening all. Pls I have some questions. I sent my passport and document to the embassy via dhl. Is there any way to know if they have received it?
Will the embassy send me any notification upon reception of my documents?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
please I have an enquiry to make. I paid for my visa fee using th GTBank mobile app as it was on a Saturday and dates were quickly being taken. Now I want to know, which receipt (MRV) do I take to the embassy and how do I generate it? Kindly help a brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kirusky4life(f): 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:
please I have an enquiry to make. I paid for my visa fee using th GTBank mobile app as it was on a Saturday and dates were quickly being taken. Now I want to know, which receipt (MRV) do I take to the embassy and how do I generate it? Kindly help a brother.
Go to any gtb branch, meet the person in charge of the visa payment, tell him you want to print your payment receipt and stamp it. They will ask you to login to ur acct and dey will hep you download the receipt, and print it for you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
if you aint going for your appointment ...kindly free a date biko....a date in Dec precisely

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
if you aint going for your appointment ...kindly free a date biko....a date in Dec precisely

See begging grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Prosper123: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
Does anyone know a nursing program in the US called Accelerated BSN for those who have BSc in any other course? I have BSc in Microbiology, but I want to go for the program. How easy can I get visa for it? What do you advise me? It's really important to me to travel before March 2019 for the program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by best827(m): 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sheq:
According to Femi312:

There is this saying that says ''If we don't fight we have failed, but if
we fight we can either fail or succeed''. So forget the tuition part for
now and put in some work. First, you need to decide on the course
you want to study, To save you some stress start from this
website http://graddecision.org/ to know the application process, So
step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools
using a) www.msinus.com (open this website with a laptop, you
should see a list of school and ranking for some of the most
common courses, you can start from there
b) www.gradschools.com c) www.google.com (you can just type
'msc
in bla bla in the us in google' d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org .
3) check up the website of the schools you find, to see the
requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require
both gre and toefl . 4) Register for standardize exam and take it. You
can register for gre as soon as you are ready and prepared to take
the exam. Its done online at www.ets.org. You can also get all the
information you need about the exam on the website. You will get
adequate materials to prepare for the exam in this dropbox I
createdhttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/
AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0
TOEFL is an English test required by some US universities. though,
some schools waive due to the fact that Nigeria is an Anglophone
country.
For toefl, all you need are the speaking noteful videos in the link
below, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other
sections. Just download the toefl ETS Guide from there website and
the simulation test.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/
AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0
As for the Tuition, if you have good results (GRE, GPA, Toefl), SOP
and LOR; US schools do offer assistanship to graduate students. This
can either be Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant or
Administrative Assistant. Depending on the school, if you get an
assistantship, your Tuition will be waived and you will also be paid a
monthly stipend that can take care of your living expenses. One
advice, once you shortlist schools, send emails to the grad cord of
the schools and ask specific questions relating to that course and
funding opportunities, be very explicit.
Lastly, there are basically 2 admission session in the US, Spring
(Jan) and Fall (August). Schools admit more students in Fall, so Its
advisable you plan towards Fall 2018. If you plan to resume in fall
2018, make sure you submit all your application documents before
ending of Dec 2017. If you don't give it a trial, you will never know.My
philosophy in life is to always do my part, with that I don't get to
regret later. Above all, if you believe in God,pray to him..if not, good
for you.
OK thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 9:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
Lol....make i beg coz date wey i see no dey smile

yuscodguy:

See begging grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
I need a volunteer who could help me with mock interview

Please. This my mirror cannot do all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
yuscodguy:
I need a volunteer who could help me with mock interview

Please. This my mirror cannot do all

PM. We are available.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Geedhey(m): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:
Go to gtmobile.com and login to your internet banking account then go to your transaction visa fee you should be able to see the payment there then print it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
Geedhey:

Go to gtmobile.com and login to your internet banking account then go to your transaction visa fee you should be able to see the payment there then print it

Thanks a lot for your response. But I further want to ask, I'm I supposed to take it to the bank for them to STAMP it? Earlier, someone stated that he was turned back at the embassy (for probably not coming with a stamped version of the receipt. Probably). I need more clarifications.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Geedhey(m): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:

Thanks a lot for your response. But I further want to ask, I'm I supposed to take it to the bank for them to STAMP it? Earlier, someone stated that he was turned back at the embassy (for probably not coming with a stamped version of the receipt. Probably). I need more clarifications.
I do not know about that... I didn't take a printed version when I went and I want turned bank... They check the codes at cgi they don't need a stamp. But if you want to then no worries
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
Geedhey:

I do not know about that... I didn't take a printed version when I went and I want turned bank... They check the codes at cgi they don't need a stamp. But if you want to then no worries

Thanks once again. I appreciate. I am calm now. When is your interview? Make we dey mock up naw?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Geedhey(m): 11:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:

Thanks once again. I appreciate. I am calm now. When is your interview? Make we dey mock up naw?
Not anytime soon... Fall 19 had in August was denied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
jerrypeacelinks:

PM. We are available.

I have pm you please reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 11:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
yuscodguy:

I have pm you please reply
Done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 18, 2018
Juleskiki:
Hello House,

Please, I plan on going for a graduate program in the US, however, I finished with 2: 2, 3.16/5.0 to be precise. Please kindly recommend schools with the low tuition rate I could apply for MA/MSc in Economics.

So, I had to create a new account to reply this query.

This response may be late for the poster, but it may be relevant for anyone eyeing a master's (not PhD) degree in economics.

@OP
I would advise you target a Master's in Quantitative Economics with some coursework/electives in finance.
I'm giving this advice based on the belief that you want to pursue an interesting career in the industry after graduation. If your intention is otherwise, please ignore the next few paragraphs.

Why did I suggest Quant Econ?
It gives you a better chance to pursue careers in diverse areas more than a generic economics master's degree. Careers in consulting, finance (through your finance coursework/electives), quant finance, data analytics etc. These are some of the most lucrative business careers in the industry.

Will a Masters in Econ give you the same benefits?
Not really. A master's in econ may not make you an attractive candidate for some finance, quant finance or data analytics roles. Even if you land interviews, you may find the technical interviews difficult/impossible to crack.

Will a Masters in Quant Finance give same benefit?
Not really. QFin often makes you restricted to quantitative finance roles which may be difficult for you whenever you want to switch careers. In recent times, QFin has become less appealing especially to people who want to be flexible with their career options.

So why is a Quant Econ better?
1. Flexible and wider career options.
2. STEM designation (if you don't know what this means, Google it)
3. Opportunity to learn advanced econ + other industry-relevant courses in finance, data analytics and even public policy.

The downside
You have to sharpen your quant ability. But it is something you can do.

If you have further inquiries, you can reply or mention me (no PMs).

Best of luck!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 5:52am On Dec 18, 2018
Good morning house,

I have scheduled an appointment for 7th of January 2019 spring term but I have decided to defer my admission to fall 2019. What can i do in order not to lose my mrv payment? Should I can cancel the appointment or reschedule another appointment to around May ending?

Thanks as I await your response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OpeTestimony: 6:08am On Dec 18, 2018
Abacino007:
Good morning house,

I have scheduled an appointment for 7th of January 2019 spring term but I have decided to defer my admission to fall 2019. What can i do in order not to lose my mrv payment? Should I can cancel the appointment or reschedule another appointment to around May ending?

If you have all your documents ready and are also prepared for the interview, you can appear for the interview, hopefully, get the visa, then choose to wait till Fall. Just thinking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 6:20am On Dec 18, 2018
good morning house, I just want to ask, whenever a Vo asked you to bring your sponsor's statement of account, is it appropriate to also give the Vo your letter of sponsorship from your sponsor along with the SOA? is this gestures ideal or wrong or one has to wait until when asked the letter of sponsorship? please kindly advise or suggest, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 18, 2018
Abacino007:
Good morning house,

cancel the appointment so you can use the mrv again. This will be your only chance to cancel, you will not be able to cancel and reuse the receipt again as you can only cancel once

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by folmus: 8:59am On Dec 18, 2018
Kirusky4life:
Good evening all. Pls I have some questions. I sent my passport and document to the embassy via dhl. Is there any way to know if they have received it?
Will the embassy send me any notification upon reception of my documents?

Use the tracking number given to you by DHL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by folamite: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2018
Hi, I just got refused today. Transcript coming soon.... Please, is it possible for me to get a date in Jan. as school resumes 7th Jan.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrchemist(m): 9:33am On Dec 18, 2018
Oh Sorry Abuja or Lagos
folamite:
Hi, I just got refused today. Transcript coming soon.... Please, is it possible for me to get a date in Jan. as school resumes 7th Jan.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by folamite: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2018
Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Godsmercy11: 9:57am On Dec 18, 2018
Not to discourage anyone but might probably give it a break or go to another country for my masters(i dont understand this yankee people anymore).. my interview was today at the lagos embassy and i was denied.

This is not my first time, i was previously denied around august this year and i made little changes to my ds160... added the fact that i was now employed and currently working in my dads private property and investment company as a site building project supervisor...

below is my interview transcript...

Vo:What are you going to do in the us?
Me: i am going for my msc in IE at the university of newhaven in west haven Connecticut

Vo: Why this course?

Me: I choose to study IE because of its limitless job opportunities. IE is a good mixture of business and engineering and that is why it is applied to most area of work that needs to be improved by any standard, there is really no other engineerig decipline that allows such level of freedom bwt the industry and roles that can be played by an Engineer sotherefore upon my return to Nigeria i did be able to fix into multiple rules in the Nigeria Industrial sectors ranging from prodcution, logistics, quality assurance, safety management and lots more..

Vo: what will you do after the end of your program?

Me: upon graduation i will be comming back to Nigeria to contribute to the revolution of industry, most especially the manufacturing industry because according to Nigeria vission 2020 the Nigeria manufacturing industry further provides us with the greatest opportunity to transform our economy and i hope to contribute imersely to this. Aslo going forward i hope to establish a polythene manufacturing...(he then cut me short)

Vo: kept typing for long, then looked at my I20 and asked who was paying and what does he do

Me: i told him first that i got 30 percent scholarship to reduce my tuttion and then my dad would be paying for the rest and i told hm my dad is an architect by profession and he is also a private building contractor and he also owns a private property and investment company in abuja.

Vo: Then he opened my passport and checked through for any visa stamp( same thing the last vo did, i dont understand why this is so, do i have to have travelling experience to secure visa?)

He then asked if i had travelled out of Nigeria b4 and i said no that i had no reason to until now...

Na so i hear sorry...!i just smiled and left

I was relaxed all through the conversation unlike my previous application

Please i would appreciate any input on this

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 10:01am On Dec 18, 2018
It is well..........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by rimijoshua(m): 10:07am On Dec 18, 2018
I got to the embassy today ND I wasn't allowed to enter because d code on my ds160 doesn't merge with theirs,I was told after three working days,I should fill the form again but can I still get another date before school resumes on 7th January....
Kindly assist....

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.