Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792500 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2018
roniex2:

Hey bro. You really tried with this but I would delay you if I was the VO.
Please work on 'how did you hear about this school' and 'why this school'. It's too generic and I am sure they must have heard it hundreds of times that day. Come up with your own answers. Something they don't o hear often or they have never even heard before (let it be unique) and you will be granted. All the best. I await your testimony

There is nothing wrong with that reply. What sounds good to V.O A may sound boring to V.O B. The answer is fine if he delivers everything well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by calculator123(m): 9:55am On Aug 23, 2018
Timotee:

The minimum amount is the cost of attendance (tuition and living expenses) for one year. The amount will be clearly written on your form I-20.
what if you are fully funded with a G.A or T.A?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 9:55am On Aug 23, 2018
KAMSITO:
Hi Gurus here ,
I need to pay for my sevis can anyone assist me do it or guide me on how to do the payment. If don't mind give a call lets talk about it 09061144257

Look for Walspring or ponpon on this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrchemist(m): 10:00am On Aug 23, 2018
Hey Good Morning. I got a GA from an organization in Nigeria... How can I inform the school to include it in my 1-20 forms....
calculator123:

what if you are fully funded with a G.A or T.A?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2018
mrchemist:
Hey Good Morning. I got a GA from an organization in Nigeria... How can I inform the school to include it in my 1-20 forms....
Write to your school you will be guided...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by calculator123(m): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2018
mrchemist:
cc; Time2smile, Lagosismyhome , Quoran et al.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 11:54am On Aug 23, 2018
Hi guys I really need ur help with this question of mine. Pardon me if it sounds amateurish (we are all learning).

Let's say I have a 2years US Visa to a college in Texas. And Have gotten admission for a master's degree in Canada.

Can I move to Canada from Texas to do my masters? Do I need to apply for Canada visa from USA? Or my USA visa will suffice.

If I need a VISA to study can I apply from USA? Thanks

(Modified)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
mrchemist:
Do you know what GA is? GA is graduate assistanship, which means that you will be working for the university or department and getting paid a stipend. How can you be working for an organization in Nigeria from abroad while studying? If possible, its illegal. Secondly, maybe you meant you got a scholarship from an organization in Nigeria, In that case it has nothing to do with your school so it can't be included on the i20. The best you can do is to show proof to the VO.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hello everyone....please when is the best time to begin the admission process for august/september 2019.......i want to apply for scholarship or assistantship...

When is the best time to begin wes evaluation and write gmat and gre.....because am currently studying for ican exams ...thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jelmusboy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
Without ambiguity, you need to start TODAY.
Sheq:
Hello everyone....please when is the best time to begin the admission process for august/september 2019.......i want to apply for scholarship or assistantship...

When is the best time to begin wes evaluation and write gmat and gre.....because am currently studying for ican exams ...thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by folmus: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gent009:
Hi guys I really need ur help with this question of mine. Pardon me if it sounds amateurish (we are all learning).

Am about getting a 2years US Visa [/b]to a college in Texas. And [b]Have gotten admission for a master's degree in Canada.

Can I move to Canada from Texas to do my masters? Do I need to apply for Canada visa from USA? Or my USA visa will suffice.

None of these says you've got any visa. Have you done your interview? Why moving to Canada? If Canada is your preferred choice, apply for your visa. Going to study in Canada from the US requires VISa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Tobiea: 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hello, please I need link to GRE preparation materials... Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gent009: 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
folmus:

None of these says you've got any visa. Have you done your interview? Why moving to Canada? If Canada is your preferred choice, apply for your visa. Going to study in Canada from the US requires VISa.

Thanks for your reply. Have modified the original question. I have the 2years us visa to study at a college. I intend on not going to the college instead going for my masters in Canada. I will need to apply for a Canadian visa from usa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by remasend: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2018
Just apply bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kylexy61(m): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gent009:

Thanks for your reply. Have modified the original question. I have the 2years us visa to study at a college. I intend on not going to the college instead going for my masters in Canada. I will need to apply for a Canadian visa from usa?

Yes you will need to apply for a Canadian Visa from USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ijaola(m): 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2018
Thanks alot.

jamoyakz:
get to obalende and take a bike to famous guest inn 4k . it's hundred Naira to the embassy with keke to checking point junction cross the road and you see a car park ask anyone there. you did be directed. please be careful of all those agents. I wish you success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
jamoyakz:
get to obalende and take a bike to famous guest inn 4k . it's hundred Naira to the embassy with keke to checking point junction cross the road and you see a car park ask anyone there. you did be directed. please be careful of all those agents. I wish you success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by roniex2(f): 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
Humble11:

There is nothing wrong with that reply. What sounds good to V.O A may sound boring to V.O B. The answer is fine if he delivers everything well

Why can't he just give a unique answer that would impress V.O A and B to be on a safer side.
My two cents tho. He can choose to go with the transcript. He has the yam and the knife
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
LearnAndObey:

Please assist me crosscheck my mock interview too.

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, Pass me your passport and i-20
ME: I did sharply
VO: why going to the US
Me: I am going to Cleveland Land State University for my BSC in Information Sysystem
VO: Why US?
Me: It's a known fact that a degree in the United State is well respected and highly ranked, therefore, I see a foundational degree in the US to be a very good decision.
VO: how did you get to know about the school?
ME: My Dad's friend who is an alumni of the school recommended it to me, and as a result of this. I went online to read more on the school curriculum, Standard, program offered and it's notable alumnus.
VO: How many Schools did you apply to?
ME: 4
VO: Name them
ME: Cleveland State University, Georgia State University, Washington and Lee University, Appalachian State University.
VO: How many admitted you?
ME: Cleveland State University, and Georgia State University.
VO: Why Cleveland State University for a business seeking degree and not top schools.
Me: Cleveland state University at the Monte Ahuja Campus is well equipped with appliances that would help me not to only gain theorical knowledge, but practical knowledge as well, thereby developing me Managarially, Financially, and Technically, which will prepare me with the best way to utilize the modern technology.
Secondly, the school is enriched with qualified professors who are always ready to render necessary assistance to students. In addition, the school is located downtown of Ohio city, which will give me the opportunity to learn in a very conducive environment.
VO: so, why Information Systems
ME: Considering the varieties of career opportunities information system offers, this program will develop the computer knowledge which I already had, and prepare me in the business administrational sector, secondly, this degree will help me enhance the Technological Advancement in Nigeria as one of the countries which is lacking behind technologically.
VO: What will this degree do for you?
ME: This degree will develop me Managerially and Technically, which will make me more valuable in the labour market, when I return to Nigeria to work in with some Telecommunication companies like MTN, GLO, Etisalat, and any other Technological business enterprise.
VO: Any Standardized Test?
ME: SAT and TOEFL
VO: When did you finish High School?
ME: 2015
VO: What have you been doing since then?
ME: After my high school, I went for an apprenticeship in Computer and hardware engineering, which was for 12 months with 6 months serving period making 18 months. After this, I proceeded as an apprentice to gain knowledge on MS word, Software installation, Ethernet Connectivity and little of graphics for total of 12 Months.
VO: Who's sponsoring you?
ME: My Uncle
VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a Professor in Telecommunication Science Department at Bleep University, and also own a Telecommunication Company.
VO: Why is he spending that huge amount on you?
Me: He's my guildian, who is always interested in my success, and am seen as an investment who will use my attained knowledge to promote his company enthusiastically.
VO: Can I have his bank Statement.
Me: Of course you can, here it is.
Vo: Glance through it and returned, said my visa is approved, and gave me a White paper

Guys please help me look into this transcript, don't be scared to abuse or correct anything.
I am not avoiding insult at all.

I am here to Learn And Obey

Hello, my Dad fixed some money as Treasury Bill in my name (1.5M), I don't know if I should make this known to the VO also, even though my uncle is the main sponsor.

2) Since the money is in my name, will my Dad need to write a letter of sponsorship, and affidavit?

Please assist.

Mock
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
I: My uncle, my Dad also fixed some money in treasury bill for me, which is set to mature by February.

Lagosismyhome, Femi312, Sorelee, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis, Naughtyvirgin, flaame Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping, Ubah1, Oludare01, Time2Smile, MackyNaija, ponpon, rexcheng, quoran, learner007, sureb0yy, biikeys and other gurus here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by haywhizzy21(m): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Congrats , Buh we dint see ur transcript o....

EconMajor:
My Travel Transcript

I left Nigeria (with Qatar airways, 12 pm flight) on Sunday, August 12, 2018 and touched down in O'Hare airport, Chicago on Monday, August 13, 2018 around 2:30pm. The flight from Lagos to Doha, Qatar lasted for 10 hours while the layover was about 8 hours and from Doha to Chicago was 14 hours. The queue at the airport was quite long but the officers were very efficient so I didn't spend so much time on the queue. When it got to my turn to be interviewed, I handed my I-20, declaration form and passport to the CBP officer. My interview with a CBP officer went thus:
CBP: Where are you going to?
Me: I'm going to Eastern Illinois University for my master's program
CBP: How long is the program?
Me: Two years
CBP: (While handing over my documents) Welcome and have a nice stay in the U.S.
Me: Thank you.

The officer stamped my passport and wrote "IN" on my declaration form with a red marker.
After, I claimed my luggage and was directed to the secondary section. I declared my foodstuffs so the officer asked me if they were all dried and processed and I answered in the affirmative. I placed my luggage in a scanner and after the scanning I collected the luggage and left the airport. Some school officials picked us at the airport and dropped us in one of the school's residential apartments where we stayed till Friday, August 17, 2018.

My first week here was hectic with orientation, job interview and trying to adapt to a new country. Students and staff here have been very helpful. I've gotten an apartment and an on-campus job at the library and everything is moving on fine.
Once again, I thank all members of this thread for contributing to this invaluable resource. In a special way, I thank BigFrancis for assisting in paying my fees. Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sureb0yy: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
remasend:
Quick question guys. If one gets admission in two schools in US in two different areas. Let's say A and B.

I use the i-20 form of A to get my Visa. On getting to usa can I go to school B? (For knowledge sake pls)

On getting here, you can go to school Z sef if that's what you want. All the gra gra is only in their embassies in Naija. Once you walk out of whichever airport you land in, you'll be surprised at how free you are and the countless decisions you can make and nothing go happen. This is where people make mistakes, abuse that freedom and do stupid things that bite them later.

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sureb0yy: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
Gent009:

Let's say I have a 2years US Visa[s] to a college in Texas. And Have gotten admission for a master's degree in Canada.

If I need a VISA to study can I apply from USA? Thanks[/s]

(Modified)

Your village people have done mtn sim swap for you abi? Carry yourself and go to Texas my friend lol. Don't complicate things for yourself. I'm kidding but ah! Canada over Yankee?

I may be wrong but I would think getting a Canadian visa requires an application from where you have strong ties (which would be from Nigeria). From what you revealed, you don't have ties to Yankee and in this current political climate when some Nigerians are abusing their us visas to cross into Canada, this will raise flags you don't want for yourself.

You know why you wanna go for a Master's degree in Canada and not "college" in Texas. Don't let an IO use you to score points later if you ever decide to come back to the US as a resident o. They'll tell you how you scoped them into giving you student visa and what you did with it.

As your brother on the street, show Canada the finger and go to TX and flourish lol. Unless you really have something better waiting for you in Canada sha.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sureb0yy: 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2018
Robert6708:
You people are funny with all this choice of school bullcrap. His transcript went well, and by now I think it should be obvious that sometimes all you need is another trial, so are you suggesting he should go change school, and change his narrative thereby risking a possibility of complications. As long as your school is accredited, and you damn well know what you’re doing, one or two trials is enough to get a visa. Stop with the unnecessary importance y’all attach to ranking. I’m sure if it’s about rankings, by now everyone will know that. Your school can be an Ivy League schl, which is a plus, otherwise all you need do is sell yourself. Like the VO said, try again, he should do so, be consistent and pray for some luck, Lobatan.

Lmao! Shey you're minding those ones. I used to tell people to see visa denials as an expo to get it the next time. Most times, a few corrections is all you need to seal it the second time. It's like failing a driver's license road test. All you need is take the feedbacks and make reasonable adjustments, you can get it even the fifth time.

When people understand the real impact of "complications", they'll make better decisions and have more success. I like your contribution. Respect!

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sureb0yy: 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
GboyegaD:

It would have been nice you state your opinion/position constructively. That said, put yourself in a VOs position. You are interviewing a potential with great aspirations (using his/her standardized test scores as a signal), what kind of school would you expect he targets?

People can target whatever school they want for whatever reason they want. Putting yourself in a VO's position, you should understand this. Your choice of school doesn't determine your aspirations or success in life. This is why many people make mistakes and have mountains of student debts just because they wanted to go to "good schools".

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2018
Enasdan:
good morning house, kindly give advice to the this visa applicant his details below

1.Highest qualification: HND from a Federal polytechnic
2.Course: Agricultural engineering
3.WES evaluation: 3.39/4.0. US equivalent Bachelor's Degree
4.Going for an MBA, concentration in healthcare management
5.Admission accepted for Fall 2018 & granted by Husson University to study MBA, concentration in healthcare management in Husson University for 2yrs (a private university) in State of Maine
6.no standardized tests written, no funding from the university
7.Age: 32
8.Single
9.no travel history
10.Currently work as Head of operation in a Radiological diagnostic centre for 2yrs now
11.His aunt is his sponsor, with business statement of account
12 he has already made tuition deposit to the school

He was denied visa before for Fall 2018 at Abuja embassy in July 2018, his admission was defers to Spring 2019 by the University, he want to reapply fews months time for Visa at Lagos embassy for Spring 2019,
please house what are his chances, and which area can he work on, what should he do to improve and boost his chances granting visa, all your uadvice, suggestions and recommendations are highly welcome urgently and appreciated, thanks

Do you know how difficult it can be to get your money back in some cases if you don't get a visa... It's always a wrong idea to make a deposit ahead of getting a visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biikeys(m): 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
Sheq:
Please is it possible to get student loan offers? And woukd the vo at the embassy know about it....and can it be a red flag?
I think few people have talked about Prodigy finance. You should check them out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 5:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
LearnAndObey:

Please assist me crosscheck my mock interview too.

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, Pass me your passport and i-20
ME: I did sharply
VO: why going to the US
Me: I am going to Cleveland Land State University for my BSC in Information Sysystem
VO: Why US?
Me: It's a known fact that a degree in the United State is well respected and highly ranked, therefore, I see a foundational degree in the US to be a very good decision.
VO: how did you get to know about the school?
ME: My Dad's friend who is an alumni of the school recommended it to me, and as a result of this. I went online to read more on the school curriculum, Standard, program offered and it's notable alumnus.
VO: How many Schools did you apply to?
ME: 4
VO: Name them
ME: Cleveland State University, Georgia State University, Washington and Lee University, Appalachian State University.
VO: How many admitted you?
ME: Cleveland State University, and Georgia State University.
VO: Why Cleveland State University for a business seeking degree and not top schools.
Me: Cleveland state University at the Monte Ahuja Campus is well equipped with appliances that would help me not to only gain theorical knowledge, but practical knowledge as well, thereby developing me Managarially, Financially, and Technically, which will prepare me with the best way to utilize the modern technology.
Secondly, the school is enriched with qualified professors who are always ready to render necessary assistance to students. In addition, the school is located downtown of Ohio city, which will give me the opportunity to learn in a very conducive environment.
VO: so, why Information Systems
ME: Considering the varieties of career opportunities information system offers, this program will develop the computer knowledge which I already had, and prepare me in the business administrational sector, secondly, this degree will help me enhance the Technological Advancement in Nigeria as one of the countries which is lacking behind technologically.
VO: What will this degree do for you?
ME: This degree will develop me Managerially and Technically, which will make me more valuable in the labour market, when I return to Nigeria to work in with some Telecommunication companies like MTN, GLO, Etisalat, and any other Technological business enterprise.
VO: Any Standardized Test?
ME: SAT and TOEFL
VO: When did you finish High School?
ME: 2015
VO: What have you been doing since then?
ME: After my high school, I went for an apprenticeship in Computer and hardware engineering, which was for 12 months with 6 months serving period making 18 months. After this, I proceeded as an apprentice to gain knowledge on MS word, Software installation, Ethernet Connectivity and little of graphics for total of 12 Months.
VO: Who's sponsoring you?
ME: My Uncle
VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a Professor in Telecommunication Science Department at Bleep University, and also own a Telecommunication Company.
VO: Why is he spending that huge amount on you?
Me: He's my guildian, who is always interested in my success, and am seen as an investment who will use my attained knowledge to promote his company enthusiastically.
VO: Can I have his bank Statement.
Me: Of course you can, here it is.
Vo: Glance through it and returned, said my visa is approved, and gave me a White paper

Guys please help me look into this transcript, don't be scared to abuse or correct anything.
I am not avoiding insult at all.

I am here to Learn And Obey

Hello, my Dad fixed some money as Treasury Bill in my name (1.5M), I don't know if I should make this known to the VO also, even though my uncle is the main sponsor.

2) Since the money is in my name, will my Dad need to write a letter of sponsorship, and affidavit?

Please assist.

Mock
VO: Who is sponsoring you?
I: My uncle, my Dad also fixed some money in treasury bill for me, which is set to mature by February.

Why is anyone not talking about my case?

Am really worried, and I need your help please sad sad angry embarassed

Assist me please, am really confused.

I am here to learn from you, and obey your inputs

I know it's hard to read through my written, but just see me as someone in need.
Please

Lagosismyhome, Femi312, Sorelee, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis, Naughtyvirgin, flaame Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping, Ubah1, Oludare01, Time2Smile, MackyNaija, ponpon, rexcheng, quoran, learner007, sureb0yy, biikeys and other gurus here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brendacole: 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
Senatorbee:

It's is better you state the exact CGPA as a third class might be 1.50 and another 2.49
Let's know the class the third class fall in

the gpa is 1.50
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by folmus: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2018
LearnAndObey:

Why is anyone not talking about my case?

Am really worried, and I need your help please sad sad angry embarassed

Assist me please, am really confused.

I am here to learn from you, and obey your inputs

I know it's hard to read through my written, but just see me as someone in need.
Please

You answer is fine. If you feel you need to add your TB as additional evidence of your ability to finance your education, go ahead. Its ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
Please regarding the i20 form, does my Sponsor has to sign and would his or her name be written on it or i have ti full it myslf
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
brendacole:

the gpa is 1.50
1.50/5.0
If converted to the 4.0 US scale it's nothing to write home about.
It's better you go for another bachelor program

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senorita123(f): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2018
Abeg house...I v made some researches but I couldn't really get enough info. Pls which schools in the US fund Agricultural Economics.. Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.