Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792549 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2019
Abacino007:
Good day Fam,

Compliment of the season Everyone. My visa was denied yesterday at Abuja Embassy. Just two questions and straight denial.

How did you get this school?

Firstly from Prof Taylor who is a professor of Economics at CMU and I did my personal research about the school

How many schools did you apply to?
CMU, WSU, MSU and WIU

Why did you apply to those schools?

they all have low faculty to student ratio, which means faculty members can spend more time working individually with student

Green paper

Note the resumption date on my i20 is also the same day my school resumes. (interview 7th of Jan and school resumes same 7th of Jan )

Am sorry for the delay bro but We need your full transcript before we can pin point the reasons why you were denied and also others that want to come to TRUMPLAND can learn from your experience
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 9:11pm On Jan 08, 2019
egbe12:
Been a silent follower on this thread and learning quietly from the gurus. Had my interview today at the abuja consulate and awaiting administrative process to verify my account statement.
Below is my transcript.

Me: good morning
Vo: morning how are you?
Me: I'm good
Vo: looking at my i20, I can see you are going to Texas state uni @ San Marcos for ur MSC in *****
Me: yeah
Vo: how did you learn about Texas state uni?
Me: a prof at uni***** where I had my undergraduate studies referred me
Vo: okay, when did he get his PhD from there?
Me: 3years ago
Vo: when did you get your bsc?
Me: graduated in 2015
Vo: what have you been doing since then?
Me: I worked with xyz company then got another job later in Jan 2018 with xyz as an admin staff.
Vo: who's paying for your tuition?
Me: my aunt, and I stated her name.
Vo: the account you've got here shows a November balance, I'd prefer it was printed in DEC
Me: I got her to provide it cos she was about travelling and I was hoping to get an earlier date
Vo: okay, I'll like you to get the most recent account statement at least showing her December balance
* then she brings out the yellow paper for admin processing.
As she was about passing it to me, she asked if I was aware I would be banned if I presented any fake documents.
Me: yes ma'am
Then she handed me the papers and wished me best of luck.
I live in Lagos but now in abj for my interview.
Hope to get the whole stuff settled by Thursday or Fri then sit down and sip on some juice as I watch God finish his work.
I know it'll be positive
School resumes on the 22nd of Jan though, I hope to get an extension to make proper arrangements.

Big thanks to the nairaland family, dollypizzle and Velly my brothers. Wishing all others awaiting interview success.

you dont have any problem bro.
just give them the need full and tell your country to put more money in it. You can even extend the statement till date if December statement was not strong enough.
CONGRATS IN ADVANCE AND WELCOME TO TRUMPLAND

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abeeolars: 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2019
Congratulations
domex007:

you dont have any problem bro.
just give them the need full and tell your country to put more money in it. You can even extend the statement till date if December statement was not strong enough.
CONGRATS IN ADVANCE AND WELCOME TO TRUMPLAND
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Utimiracle: 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2019
fairheart:
You see. In deed, the consular clearly believed that someone who has something he is doing here would not stay in the US for 5 months. Indeed! Now, let me ask you: how many weeks/days/months did you state you would be in the US for when you first applied for the B1/B2 visa? Why did you stay back for 5 months?

And if I may ask (so that I can further use this information to guide you), how old are you and what level of academic are you trying to get an F1 visa on? You also stated your sponsor is in the US? (case 2)

Should you not be comfortable writing more details on the thread, reach out and PM me as soon as you can.
I dropped a message to you but no response why pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by groovychik(f): 9:42pm On Jan 08, 2019
Adekola87:
Pls I need clarification urgently
Have scheduled my appointment for the second time after been denied in the first atempt but I couldn't print my DS 160 confirmation page after submitted and got appointment date of which I printed my appointment schedule confirmation, when I tried to enter my application ID to preview and print my DS 160, response is no match found, pls can somebody enlite me on this, have I made a mistake ? Do I need to pay another visa fee to book another appointment ? Your response is highy needed urgently as my resumption is fast approaching
Call the embassy call centre by 9am and they will help you update it. There will be no need to pay another fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Utimiracle: 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2019
My sponsor is a roman catholic bishop in USA and he ordained me a deacon here in nigeria
2. Am 36 yrs
3.am going for my masters in seminary
3. In my b1 visa I was to stay for 2wks because of my admission bishop asked to stay and finish it before coming back to nigeria to apply for the f1 visa .
But I wanted to tell them been my first time in the US I was under the weather.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omoobaadeNGR: 10:27pm On Jan 08, 2019
Are yoi sure you selected the right center, Lagos or Abuja, when trying to retrieve your DS160?
Adekola87:
Pls I need clarification urgently
Have scheduled my appointment for the second time after been denied in the first atempt but I couldn't print my DS 160 confirmation page after submitted and got appointment date of which I printed my appointment schedule confirmation, when I tried to enter my application ID to preview and print my DS 160, response is no match found, pls can somebody enlite me on this, have I made a mistake ? Do I need to pay another visa fee to book another appointment ? Your response is highy needed urgently as my resumption is fast approaching
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2019
Okay. You can reapply. Try again and see what happens.
Utimiracle:
My sponsor is a roman catholic bishop in USA and he ordained me a deacon here in nigeria
2. Am 36 yrs
3.am going for my masters in seminary
3. In my b1 visa I was to stay for 2wks because of my admission bishop asked to stay and finish it before coming back to nigeria to apply for the f1 visa .
But I wanted to tell them been my first time in the US I was under the weather.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2019
biikeys:

I think my question would be do you have any close family member abroad with shady immigration history..

Not at all. All my family members are here in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2019
Let's talk tomorrow and see what can be done before you reapply. Goodnight.
jerrypeacelinks:

Not at all. All my family members are here in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by anikemoses(m): 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2019
Exactly my reaction when I saw that but then some responses are not worth the stress...Do u know how many years it took me with sleepless nights to finish my thesis?not to mention a Thesis that’s good enough to convince the entire Thesis committee members, then u head to another set of rigorous writing phase..MSc Thesis option is not child’s play here.
biikeys:

shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2019
Abacino007:

Central Michigan University

Awww someone close to me went there.... Maybe you should try again. I pray it would be positive . Prepare better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Teaser0904(f): 12:06am On Jan 09, 2019
Abacino007:
Good day Fam,

Compliment of the season Everyone. My visa was denied yesterday at Abuja Embassy. Just two questions and straight denial.

How did you get this school?

Firstly from Prof Taylor who is a professor of Economics at CMU and I did my personal research about the school

How many schools did you apply to?
CMU, WSU, MSU and WIU

Why did you apply to those schools?

they all have low faculty to student ratio, which means faculty members can spend more time working individually with student

Green paper

Note the resumption date on my i20 is also the same day my school resumes. (interview 7th of Jan and school resumes same 7th of Jan )

Just two questions?there is something wrong somewhere oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oeworldbest1: 12:14am On Jan 09, 2019
Ubah1:

Sure.
Bro, for the last time, will the fact that my i20 date is 7th likely be an issue? my interview is 14th and extension letter is 28th.

Plus if one gets a visa and defers to the next semester, will he/she need to apply for visa again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Awilibogy(m): 1:16am On Jan 09, 2019
good morning guys

what does this mean (Missing documents: Grading system of the university)?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrick99(m): 1:31am On Jan 09, 2019
egbe12:
Been a silent follower on this thread and learning quietly from the gurus. Had my interview today at the abuja consulate and awaiting administrative process to verify my account statement.
Below is my transcript.

Me: good morning
Vo: morning how are you?
Me: I'm good
Vo: looking at my i20, I can see you are going to Texas state uni @ San Marcos for ur MSC in *****
Me: yeah
Vo: how did you learn about Texas state uni?
Me: a prof at uni***** where I had my undergraduate studies referred me
Vo: okay, when did he get his PhD from there?
Me: 3years ago
Vo: when did you get your bsc?
Me: graduated in 2015
Vo: what have you been doing since then?
Me: I worked with xyz company then got another job later in Jan 2018 with xyz as an admin staff.
Vo: who's paying for your tuition?
Me: my aunt, and I stated her name.
Vo: the account you've got here shows a November balance, I'd prefer it was printed in DEC
Me: I got her to provide it cos she was about travelling and I was hoping to get an earlier date
Vo: okay, I'll like you to get the most recent account statement at least showing her December balance
* then she brings out the yellow paper for admin processing.
As she was about passing it to me, she asked if I was aware I would be banned if I presented any fake documents.
Me: yes ma'am
Then she handed me the papers and wished me best of luck.
I live in Lagos but now in abj for my interview.
Hope to get the whole stuff settled by Thursday or Fri then sit down and sip on some juice as I watch God finish his work.
I know it'll be positive
School resumes on the 22nd of Jan though, I hope to get an extension to make proper arrangements.

Big thanks to the nairaland family, dollypizzle and Velly my brothers. Wishing all others awaiting interview success.

Congratulations Muphassa, Bless up fam.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vasilias: 5:37am On Jan 09, 2019
biikeys:

Morgan typically funds most of their grad students. What info do you need? Were you told to defer as they sometimes do?

Hmm how real is this?
Please is there anyone here that's got funding from Morgan for this Spring?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kodeya(m): 6:49am On Jan 09, 2019
Good morning.

Does an active citizenship petition filing ruins one's chances of being granted a student VISA ? I meant if I fill it in the DS 160 form ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Suppy083337: 7:10am On Jan 09, 2019
Good morning famz... My interview is tomorrow and where i stay is far from walter carrington. Pls is there any affordable hotel around the embasssy i can stay. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2019
Oeworldbest1:

Bro, for the last time, will the fact that my i20 date is 7th likely be an issue? my interview is 14th and extension letter is 28th.

Plus if one gets a visa and defers to the next semester, will he/she need to apply for visa again?

There is no issue with that since your school has given you extension letter.

If you get your visa and decides to defer, your visa will still be valid for the duration it was given. You don't have to reapply again. All you need is a new i20 for the term you deferred to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Utimiracle: 8:22am On Jan 09, 2019
fairheart:
Okay. You can reapply. Try again and see what happens.

Thanks sir I have done that already and my interview is on 14th here in lagos.

I really appreciate your time and effort to encourage me.
May God almighty bless you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naijapikin04(m): 8:51am On Jan 09, 2019

Yes, you can. Fill out a new DS-160 form and update it on your profile.

What's the implication of filling a new DS160 form?

I feel it reduces one's chance, kindly give a heads up pls...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Suppy083337: 11:01am On Jan 09, 2019
Suppy083337:
Good morning famz... My interview is tomorrow and where i stay is far from walter carrington. Pls is there any affordable hotel around the embasssy i can stay. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Suppy083337: 11:01am On Jan 09, 2019
[quote author=Suppy083337 post=74591298][/quote]please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 11:20am On Jan 09, 2019
Teaser0904:
Just two questions?there is something wrong somewhere oo.

Like What? If you have any reason please say it so that I can work on it because I will be going back for fall.

I am very interested
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 11:21am On Jan 09, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Awww someone close to me went there.... Maybe you should try again. I pray it would be positive . Prepare better

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pat006: 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Had my interview today. To be honest with you all ehn. I cannot comprehend all I said to get the white paper. It was like something else assumed me. I'm saying because I can't give a transcript and I know I learnt a lot from reading people's transcript.

It was my first time though.
It was an MBA program with focus on financial management and investment.
Lincoln university California is the school.

But my advice is simple. Know well about the course you are going for. Please don't cram.

Thank you nairalanders.. You groomed me!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pinkandblue26: 12:37pm On Jan 09, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pinkandblue26: 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pimi: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pat006:
Had my interview today. To be honest with you all ehn. I cannot comprehend all I said to get the white paper. It was like something else assumed me. I'm saying because I can't give a transcript and I know I learnt a lot from reading people's transcript.

But my advice is simple. Know well about the course you are going for. Please don't cram.

Congratulations!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pinkandblue26: 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pat006:

Hello Congratulations on your approval
Was it Abuja or Lagos
If Abuja, what window
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pat006: 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pinkandblue26:

Hello Congratulations on your approval
Was it Abuja or Lagos
If Abuja, what window

It was in Lagos. Window 4!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.