Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792589 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oeworldbest1: 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pat006:
Had my interview today. To be honest with you all ehn. I cannot comprehend all I said to get the white paper. It was like something else assumed me. I'm saying because I can't give a transcript and I know I learnt a lot from reading people's transcript.

It was my first time though.
It was an MBA program with focus on financial management and investment.
Lincoln university California is the school.

But my advice is simple. Know well about the course you are going for. Please don't cram.

Thank you nairalanders.. You groomed me!!!

Congratulations. Were there many applicants there today?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oeworldbest1: 1:13pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pat006:
Had my interview today. To be honest with you all ehn. I cannot comprehend all I said to get the white paper. It was like something else assumed me. I'm saying because I can't give a transcript and I know I learnt a lot from reading people's transcript.

But my advice is simple. Know well about the course you are going for. Please don't cram.

Congratulations. Joining you soon. Were there many applicants there today? Who interviewed you man or woman?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pat006:

Congrats. Nice seeing someone with Lincoln university i20 getting approved. This will instill hope in many others going for their interview with same school, as some call lincoln university - "Visa mill university".

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 1:31pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pat006:

Congrats bro!!! I know the feeling. Take your time and drop your transcripts here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by evelynnkeiru: 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pat006:

It was in Lagos. Window 4!!!
congrats to you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Abacino007(m): 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pat006:

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tboy47(m): 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2019
please house,good afternoon.. am applying for a school,so i already reduced my age in my passport..i was wondering if i should reduce the age also in the application process, since documents i will be sending to the school will be carrying my real age...e.g transcript...or how do i go about this age reduction thing so i dont make mistake from start?? thanks as i await your reply nairalanders
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sosao(f): 3:14pm On Jan 09, 2019
I was told to defer but and was told they will evaluate my application for fall session.
biikeys:

Morgan typically funds most of their grad students. What info do you need? Were you told to defer as they sometimes do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sosao(f): 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2019
They give according to what I heard
Have you been given admission?
Vasilias:
Does Morgan State university give funding at all? Not sure about this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ajibade105(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
You just complicated your issue by lying about your age. How can you explain the discrepancy? You ruin your chances of getting admission anywhere in the world not to talk about getting a visa in any part of the world. I don't know what people gain in lying...

The best thing to do is to go to ABUJA and get it corrected else, you might regret this decision for the rest of your life...

tboy47:
please house,good afternoon.. am applying for a school,so i already reduced my age in my passport..i was wondering if i should reduce the age also in the application process, since documents i will be sending to the school will be carrying my real age...e.g transcript...or how do i go about this age reduction thing so i dont make mistake from start?? thanks as i await your reply nairalanders

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by iseoluwa89(m): 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2019
Good day all, pls is a joint acct acceptable at the embassy or can it be a no, no thing. My sponsor just gave me his stmt now and its a joint acct he had the avalable fund in ooo... Pls,help me with lil cent you have my interview is by friday so i can tell him.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2019
So sad to hear this. Had my interview with the same woman few weeks ago. Will be good if you can drop additional details: school, course applied to, level, educational background and so on. Then I believe people can help from there.

Pinkandblue26:
Hello house
Please what is about the window 9 woman in Abuja.
Why is she mean
Why does she deny a lot
She asked 2 questions: who is your sponsor and why the school. No request for statement of acct. She wasn't looking at me all through. Just typing and typing. Before I knew ....she just held out green paper
I still can't fathom what happened. As if I'm dreaming.
She interviewed 4 ppl in less than 2 min.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
domex007:

yes bro. you sold the SAT booklet to me. in palmgrove.
thank you. how are you though

Yes boss..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2019
Bunmip:
Please gurus,

How can someone put a call through to the U. S Embassy in Lagos? i just want to do a follow up concerning my visa application that has been on administrative processing since December 18, 2018. My school resumption date is January 16,2019 and classes begin on January 22, 2019. I have mailed them but the reply i got was the normal generic reply.

Please anybody?

Just exercise patience and they will get back to you or send them email using feedback option on your appointment visa application portal.

You can defer after getting the visa and no cause for alarm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Walspring: 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2019
Abacino007:
Good day Fam,

Compliment of the season Everyone. My visa was denied yesterday at Abuja Embassy. Just two questions and straight denial.

How did you get this school?

Firstly from Prof Taylor who is a professor of Economics at CMU and I did my personal research about the school

How many schools did you apply to?
CMU, WSU, MSU and WIU

Why did you apply to those schools?

they all have low faculty to student ratio, which means faculty members can spend more time working individually with student

Green paper

Note the resumption date on my i20 is also the same day my school resumes. (interview 7th of Jan and school resumes same 7th of Jan )

Sorry about your delay, as for me you should have defer rather than going that day because that alone can make the VO conclude without you speaking more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2019
You see why I disagree on the so-called Visa Mill school. Sometimes, things happen.
Ubah1:

Congrats. Nice seeing someone with Lincoln university i20 getting approved. This will instill hope in many others going for their interview with same school, as some call lincoln university - "Visa mill university".

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2019
And you come here to publicly talk about this? Haba! You no do well on this one.
tboy47:

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2019
slamcole:
So sad to hear this. Had my interview with the same woman few weeks ago. Will be good if you can drop additional details: school, course applied to, level, educational background and so on. Then I believe people can help from there.

How did your interview with the woman go?Had mine last month...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2019
iseoluwa89:
Good day all, pls is a joint acct acceptable at the embassy or can it be a no, no thing. My sponsor just gave me his stmt now and its a joint acct he had the avalable fund in ooo... Pls,help me with lil cent you have my interview is by friday so i can tell him.
Does the name tally with the name on the DS-160? Does the balance support your cost for a year ?
Is the account active?Is there inflow and outflow?
Do you have huge deposits or withdrawals as lump sums?
Are there terms on the account thats difficult for you to understand?You can ask your sponsor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pat006: 4:36pm On Jan 09, 2019
Oeworldbest1:

Congratulations. Joining you soon. Were there many applicants there today? Who interviewed you man or woman?

Of course there was. It was a man on a white shirt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pat006: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2019
Ubah1:

Please do you know anyone for Lincoln??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tboy47(m): 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
ok thanks..i was thinking of other opportunity there also like football just incase...thats why i was asking..but since you are saying this, i will apply with my real age
Ajibade105:
You just complicated your issue by lying about your age. How can you explain the discrepancy? You ruin your chances of getting admission anywhere in the world not to talk about getting a visa in any part of the world. I don't know what people gain in lying...

The best thing to do is to go to ABUJA and get it corrected else, you might regret this decision for the rest of your life...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alexohams2000(m): 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2019
Judgepelumi:

Lol I did this for 3weeks on AP but no show till I mailed them and did a follow up with calls, eventually I got it after a month. I'm not saying praying is bad but sometimes certain things require actions, not everytime praying especially for them to remember one's application is still on AP. What if I kept praying and waiting and I didn't take action? My thoughts sha

Hello, please what was the outcome after the one month wait?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by slamcole(m): 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pefuele:

How did your interview with the woman go?Had mine last month...

It went well bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2019
slamcole:

It went well bro.
Have you dropped your transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by iseoluwa89(m): 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2019
Pefuele:

Does the name tally with the name on the DS-160? Does the balance support your cost for a year ?
Is the account active?Is there inflow and outflow?
Do you have huge deposits or withdrawals as lump sums?
Are there terms on the account thats difficult for you to understand?You can ask your sponsor
Yes it does. Am trying to ask other questions regarding the inflows now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 7rewards: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2019
fairheart:
Send a message to me. Are you planning to get scholarship?

After your earlier post, now you want a private message. Iol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by djlaqua91(m): 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2019
Hello guys,

If the funds one has raised is solely in forex like dollars. And it's an active Dom account, would that suffice? Or must one convert all into naira before going for visa Interview? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2019
Nothing really. I am just interested in his application. But it's wrong to come here publicly and start talking about reduction of age and how to do the same on academic records. The Yorubas would say, "Gbogbo aso ko la n sa lo'run" - or else, the colours of the cloth will fade and will depreciate in value. When I read he play football, I got interested. There is full scholarship for that from certain schools--especially if it's undergraduate. There just need to be list of prove he's actually a footballer and played at secondary school level.

7rewards:

After your earlier post, now you want a private message. Iol

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.