Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,697 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (791253 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
sheke01:

Am sorry for not seeing the angle you were coming from. I only said that to pass a message to pinkandblue26 that not every VO would be smart enough to know that not all programs or schools request for standardized tests.

Sincerely, I understand better now and know that it is not right to make such a generalized statement. I would henceforth use "not all Americans are smart" whenever I want to make such comment. We learn everyday.

Apologies to everyone for derailing this thread and to bracelum for weighing words with you. All of those arguments weren't necessary.

One love peeps

No worries bro. We make mistakes - we all are guilty of making mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2019
Shezkid:

You nailed it!!
It's nearly impossible to school and work as a student in Nigeria especially private university...

Hi, uhm i just want to make something clear, its not nearly impossible to school and work as a student in Nigeria esp private unis...i attended a private university and i schooled and worked at the same, even did some part time weekend jobs, let me also add, i was part of the school football team and was also the co captain..so imagine that kind of responsibilty...and at the end of it all i was able to graduate with a strong 2.1...and before someone will say my 2.1 is cuz its a private university, "C" is the only acceptable pass mark, "d, e" are all carryovers even for GEDS courses and "0" unit courses. Thank you
NB: i'm a female

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Shezkid: 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2019
Mhipo:

Hi, uhm i just want to make something clear, its not nearly impossible to school and work as a student in Nigeria esp private unis...i attended a private university and i schooled and worked at the same, even did some part time weekend jobs, let me also add, i was part of the school football team and was also the co captain..so imagine that kind of responsibilty...and at the end of it all i was able to graduate with a strong 2.1...and before someone will say my 2.1 is cuz its a private university, "C" is the only acceptable pass mark, "d, e" are all carryovers even for GEDS courses and "0" unit courses. Thank you
NB: i'm a female

I also attended a private university.. Made a very high 2:1
My departmental football coach...
I don't know the private university u attended but mine, it's impossible to work.. One can't even leave campus without valid reason...i attended CU... Same procedure in Madonna university... I would live to know the private university u attended in Nigeria??

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2019
Shezkid:

I also attended a private university.. Made a very high 2:1
My departmental football coach...
I don't know the private university u attended but mine, it's impossible to work.. One can't even leave campus without valid reason...i attended CU... Same procedure in Madonna university... I would live to know the private university u attended in Nigeria??

BABCOCK UNIVERSITY and i forgot to add, i was off campus..i make arrangement with my church chaplain esp on Sabbath mornings when i have work

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2019
domex007:

My brother, it depends on the angle you look at it.
Please remember that America is what it is today because of the immigrants (a group of a lot of persons from different parts of the world working to make America what it is today!) the native Americans are not up to 15%. the remaining are Citizens by birth. Citizens by Naturalization/green card holders.

I think the native americans (NATIVE are the REAL AMERICANS) are not as smart as they think they are.

here are some facts from people that has lived here for a very long time:
My uncle (has been in this country since 1998 (over 20years). Owns 2 medical clinics and 1 Laser SPA and here is what he thinks about Americans:

"A native american thinks he is smarter than every one else yet cannot spell his own name correctly and still feels superior to everyone else.

"A black american is lazy as F**k, doesnt like working but knows how to spend money.

"A Nigerian American is mostly interested in duping YOU and wants to get rich quick grin grin

another fact:
My Uncle's friend has been here 8 years here is what he thinks about americans:
"the problem with americans is they dont understand the value of the kind of the benefits and system they have, thats why they tend to misuse it. the significant difference between them and us is that they only know one currency (Dollar) and have one home(USA) while we know the power of dollar in our NAIRA and we have 2 homes NIGERIA AND AMERICA

another fact!
My new Peruvian friend (American born but she is a native of peru)
we were talking about how new things are to me because i just came in

She said "dont worry you are gonna owe it just give it time because americans are dumb and stupid.... grin grin
she went on to give her reasons and examples.

So i think Americans are not as smart as we think they are

So, I would like to point a few things here based on my experience so far and based on things I've seen, read and observed. To avoid overflogging this issue, I won't reply to mentions so don't waste your time replying.

My definition of Americans is anyone who is legally a citizen whether by birth, marriage or naturalization. It makes no sense to dissect citizenship and refer only to people that were the "original dwellers" in a place. If you're born and bred in Lagos, you speak Yoruba but you visit your homeland once or twice a year, by virtue of your upbringing, you are more Lagosian than your original state. The same thing applies to a child from immigrant parents who was born and bred in the US. That child is more American than his original country. So, I see no sense in calling someone who was born, bred and lived his whole life in the US, a non-citizen.

You think the US is stupid by providing you with quality education, constant power, GA assistantship, and a relatively smooth post-F1 integration process? Hahaha, don't think that.

They make their country so attractive so that you come in with your ideas, build your companies, pay taxes and employ their people. When they do this, they're not stupid. When you pay your 20%-30% income taxes, they use it to support their veterans, pay social support and improve their country. You on the other hand, earn more and become comfortable. It ends with a win-win situation with them being the most beneficiary.

Your uncle owns healthcare firms in the US, have you checked the number of Americans on his payroll? They may probably be more than 70% of his staff. By providing your uncle the conducive environment to come and achieve his dreams, he has provided jobs to many Americans + pay taxes to the govt. Does this make them stupid?

Have you asked yourself how much it will cost a university to hire a fulltime staff for the job a GA or RA does? The fulltime staff will probably be paid $60K - $70K whereas it will cost them a marginal expense of $0(to give you free education) and an extra $9K-$30K to do the job someone else will do for $60K-70K. In fact, on a stipend of $12K, they can hire 2 people and pay them a total of $24K for 40 hours of combined labor per week which is what a fulltime staff will do for $60K+. They gain an extra $48K and channel it into something productive. So, when you copypaste an SOP from Google and you send an application to a Winchester State University and they admit you with $9K stipends, don't think you're smart and they are stupid (or they didn't know you copypasted your SOP). They may know all these but also need you (probably more than you need them) to come take up a job for over 200% less than the market value.

The US has made their country so attractive to attract the best talents who come in, buy their education, create jobs, pay taxes and provide jobs for their people. So, when they sit back and allow you ginger yourself to greatness, they are not dull. They equally want you to succeed so you can, in turn, pay back your dues. That explains why their unemployment rate is 4%. What is our country's unemployment rate?

In our smart country, we have outsmarted ourselves that we couldn't even attract Multichoice to create their base in Nigeria. How many companies fold and leave the country on a yearly basis? What is the unemployment rate? A country where almost everyone depends on the government for jobs. The private sector is almost dead. A developing country where the government spends over 70% of its low budget (one of the lowest per-capita budgets in the world) on recurrent expenditure. And the smart citizens still have the guts to elect the same bad leaders every time.

Forget this talk. I initially had the notion from this group that Americans are generally lazy and unsmart, but from my experience here, I think every country have their own mix of smart and unsmart people and here in the US, the smart and hardworking Americans are far more than the lazy ones.

Even we Nigerians, with our excess ginger, are not more hardworking or smarter. Na only gra gra we sabi. Chinese, Indians and Americans are on the average far smarter and more hardworking than us.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Shezkid: 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
Mhipo:

BABCOCK UNIVERSITY and i forgot to add, i was off campus..i make arrangement with my church chaplain esp on Sabbath mornings when i have work

The advantage is Babcock allows off campus if not, there's no way you would have even though of working..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
Shezkid:

The advantage is Babcock allows off campus if not, there's no way you would have even though of working..

Nope, even if i was on campus, there is pass to leave school on friday and return on sunday..and even if BU didnt, i can still work cuz my work is on campus, the weekend jobs were just a side hustle. See once you set your mind to do something, a way will always be made no matter the hindrances and obstacles, a hustler will always get ways to hustle, i'm sorry to say this and no offense meant buh a weak minded person will always have excuses..thats the fact...i have friends who stay on campus, they don't do on campus job like i do and they still work outside the school....i mean serious jobs, its just a matter of knowing and seeing people do it, if not you'll think its all fabricated...there are students in BU paying their tuition themselves, how are they able to do this? Work...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Shezkid: 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
Mhipo:

Nope, even if i was on campus, there is pass to leave school on friday and return on sunday..and even if BU didnt, i can still work cuz my work is on campus, the weekend jobs were just a side hustle.

Even my bro who attended Madonna university told me about work study where students get paid for doing menial jobs. At the end they don't get paid..
As of CU, there's no Job...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 22, 2019
Shezkid:

Even my bro who attended Madonna university told me about work study where students get paid for doing menial jobs. At the end they don't get paid..
As of CU, there's no Job...

Schools are different from schools..BU pays
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
As some of you must have noticed, I select posts/questions/suggestions to respond to and those to ignore, especially because some of the stuffs some persons do post here are irrelevant. However, I must say one or two things concerning this opinion of yours on "most Americans and their VO at our embassies that aren't smart". There is something you are missing!

I am very sure you just got your visa and recently travelled. So, you see, you have very little idea on "most Americans"; in fact, you have no idea at all. And I say this based on my assessment of your opinion. That being said, congratulations!

Now, sheke01, sheke01, sheke01! How many times did I call you? 3 times! You need to understand that every opinion of a man is a reflection of who he is! Your opinion is a reflection of who you are, how you see things and the way you think as a person. Yes, "Most Americans aren't really smart", is your opinion and you have right to share it. But your opinion says a lot about you than the most Americans you were referring to.
It is not that most Americans aren't really smart; it is the way you see it. If you think most Americans aren't really smart, it is because you are not really a smart person. It boils down to who you are yourself; not the American people.

The American people are some of the smartest people on earth! If they are not so rugged and corrupt like most Nigerians, they are hard-working, focus, committed, kind, generous, and vision-oriented people. These are qualities of very smart people! You are in one of the finest, most organized, law-abiding, and knowledge-driven nations on earth. Did you not see that within the little time you have spent there? You need to re-calibrate your perspective, because you are in a new country now, and you need to you see things better so that you can become a better person and make the best of all the opportunities that America has to offer young students like you.

Again: the opinion of every man is a reflection of who he is! Do not forget that! And I hope you will start seeing Americans as smart people.
sheke01:

Just relax and chill. sometimes you don't have to pick up any pieces.

In my opinion, sometimes the US embassy play a psychological game on candidates on their first interview attempt. They are like "you claim to have thousands of dollars to spent on education in the US, let's deny you and see if you have another 56,700 to pay for another interview". Or the game might come in this form, "you claim to be serious about doing a rigorous masters degree, let's deny you and see if you are tenacious enough to try, try and try again.

I was in your shoe back in june. I was delayed on my first attempt and I was asked just "how did you know about this school", "name other schools you applied to", "who's sponsoring you and what does she do". I was dumbfounded when I was handed the blue paper. I didn't know what went wrong. I almost gave up until some peeps here and in real life advices me not to give up so easily. I tried again and got approved in August. I did nothing new the second time. I even practiced less than how I practiced the first time. I was not really into it the second time.

Will I advice you to write a standardized test just for interview sake? I'll say yes.

Let me tell you my story. My journey to America started 19 months before I got approved. I wrote GRE, TOEFL, did WES then wrote another GRE. I did all this because I wanted to get everything that will aid me to achieve my goal. On the day of my second interview, I prayed for a VO that is IT inclined or standardized tests inclined just to get the odds in my favor. While on the line, two guys in front of me were going for MBA and were denied after the VO asked about standardized test and they didn't write any because according to them " their school didn't request for it". I immediately got confident because I knew I wasn't getting a blue paper from this test inclined VO once I mentioned I wrote two GRE tests and it worked. I got approved.

Most Americans aren't really smart. VOs are Americans so most VOs aren't. ........... lolz. Most of them operate on their orientation scripts that students need to take standardized test. Although some of them are experienced and know stuffs. So if writing a standardised test will place odds in your favor, then write it.

I hope this helps you.

Warm regards.

All this long story is based on my experience and my orientation, it doesn't reflect the truth state of things. You don't have to take it or think too much about it. Sieve through and take what applies to you.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ideebong: 11:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Fall 2019

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mrhamid: 12:57am On Jan 23, 2019
Greetings everyone, i am glad i found this and reading through have given me helpful tips so far. please how much money is suppose to be in the sponsor's account? and can i be my own sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Auditmonkey(f): 3:32am On Jan 23, 2019
Hi Gurus in the house.

This is my profile:
GPA : 3.00/5.00 (Economics)
GRE: 311 (150 quantitative) 4.0 AWA
TOEFL: 107
1 year post-NYSC work experience as a junior accountant

Intended course: Accounting (Masters)
Intended start term (Fall 2019)

My plan is go get enough credit (150 total) to take the CPA, and get a summer internship /fulltime offer at a Big 4 firm(i am interested in Audit/forensic accounting).

Is there anyone who has gone this route before and can give me some advice about schools to apply to? Scholarship is important too (full or partial funding)

The schools I've shortlisted are:
Texas A&M university
Fairfield University
University of Utah
Florida State University
Binghamton university

I would appreciate your opinion about these schools or any suggestions about new ones to add to the list.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:32am On Jan 23, 2019
Auditmonkey:
Hi Gurus in the house.

This is my profile:
GPA : 3.00/5.00 (Economics)
GRE: 311 (150 quantitative) 4.0 AWA
TOEFL: 107
1 year post-NYSC work experience as a junior accountant

Intended course: Accounting (Masters)
Intended start term (Fall 2019)

My plan is go get enough credit (150 total) to take the CPA, and get a summer internship /fulltime offer at a Big 4 firm(i am interested in Audit/forensic accounting).

Is there anyone who has gone this route before and can give me some advice about schools to apply to? Scholarship is important too (full or partial funding)

The schools I've shortlisted are:
Texas A&M university
Fairfield University
University of Utah
Florida State University
Binghamton university

I would appreciate your opinion about these schools or any suggestions about new ones to add to the list.

Thank you

You might be a strong candidate for the big 4 here in the US. They recruit very well in decent flagship state schools. Since you're open to partial funding, I will advise you remove Fairfield and Binghamton. Target flagship state schools and very nice cities with job opportunities (not necessarily New York or California). Texas is cool and I will add one more Texas school (maybe UT Dallas or Austin if they offer my program). Other locations like Connecticut (UConn) and North Carolina (UNC Chapel Hill, NC State) are other less-expensive places+ great schools you can get your degree and also have opportunities to recruit for accounting roles in local offices of big 4 and other similar firms. A lot of them might even recruit on campus.

Don't be scared of getting admitted to Austin (or any other strong state school). Accounting is non-STEM so you'll hardly face competition from the Indians, Chinese and other internationals. Any school will want to have you because they want more internationals in non-STEM fields.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:33am On Jan 23, 2019
How much is the total financial package for the program as stated on your i-20? Check that and convert it to naira using 358 Naira. The amount in your sponsor's account should be enough that if your sponsor should pay everything from the account, about half of the paid sum or more would still be available. As for sponsoring yourself, sure. Just make sure you have a good source the funds have been coming from, because consular would ask about what you do to have made enough to be your own sponsor. But even then, I always advice that capable students still find someone as main sponsor and then declare they will be paying the rest.

Good luck.
Mrhamid:
Greetings everyone, i am glad i found this and reading through have given me helpful tips so far. please how much money is suppose to be in the sponsor's account? and can i be my own sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by zolargeo: 8:09am On Jan 23, 2019
Please I need answer to this... THANKS
zolargeo:
my people, I had my interview in Dec 2018 and was denied, I actually booked another appointment the following week but was later advised to differ my admission to fall 2019. And that was why I didn't attend my interview which was scheduled to be 14th of Jan... I have contacted my school to help me with the documents that l'll be needing for my interview but they told me to specify the documents l'll be needing, I was baffled though... Please who knows the documents l'll be needing at the embassy for my interview as I don't want to be rushing... Also, I haven't booked for new interview up till now and I also want to know when I can book for fall interview at the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 8:28am On Jan 23, 2019
You were to be specific enough to your school. You asked for documents, and indeed, which document? You should simply have asked that your admission be differed and a new, updated I-20 be issued for Fall2019. Write a message to your school with detailed information about your interview outcome and let them know you have decided you will not look for another school as their university is the best place to study your chosen program (Just to make them know you're committed). Then ask that your admission be differed to Fall2019 and so, you need another i-20 for the next visa interview. Simple as ABC!

Good luck!
zolargeo:
Please I need answer to this... THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Silewinnie1: 8:35am On Jan 23, 2019
Good morning house, please I need clarification as regards my sevis fee.
I went for interview last December and was denied, I then differed my admission to may. What is not clear to me is that, I was given the same sevis number by the school, Is there need to link the new sevis number although it's the same number on the former form i-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:08am On Jan 23, 2019
Silewinnie1:
Good morning house, please I need clarification as regards my sevis fee.
I went for interview last December and was denied, I then differed my admission to may. What is not clear to me is that, I was given the same sevis number by the school, Is there need to link the new sevis number although it's the same number on the former form i-20

There is no need to link anything. It's same sevis ID you already paid for. Just attend your interview when the time comes

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by gudnews212: 9:38am On Jan 23, 2019
Hello house, good morning to you all. Please, I have an important question to ask: to to PhD in USA and Canada which of it is the Best as regards to opportunities for one that want to travel with his family. Note: getting the visa to this countries will not be an issue. Thanks for your quick response. One love
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2019
To be honest, nobody can decide which is best for you. Your choice of where to go will be influenced by your situation, aspiration, etc. However, both countries have similar opportunities in terms of quality of education you will get. The question is, are you going to stay back with your family after this PhD? If that is it as your question purports, then go for Canada. Good luck to you!

gudnews212:
Hello house, good morning to you all. Please, I have an important question to ask: to to PhD in USA and Canada which of it is the Best as regards to opportunities for one that want to travel with his family. Note: getting the visa to this countries will not be an issue. Thanks for your quick response. One love

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nad95: 10:04am On Jan 23, 2019
Hi, everyone. I want to go for nursing in the US but I'm confused as to which route to take. I'm considering the Associate Degree route offered by community colleges or the Accelerated Bachelor's Degree route offered by Universities. Information online says the Associate Degree route is less expensive than the Accelerated Bachelor's Degree route. Also, I'm looking at the program that will afford me the ability to work while on campus (Accelerated Degree program often leaves little or no space for that). Please if there's any one in any of these programs, I'll kindly need more information from you.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:49am On Jan 23, 2019
How old are you? You may not get your student visa with a two year community college (which awards the associate degree in question) i-20. Please note "may". So, there is room for exception. But community college i-20s hardly earn visa approval these days. Your age is one of those factors you must consider when deciding which to go for.

Nad95:
Hi, everyone. I want to go for nursing in the US but I'm confused as to which route to take. I'm considering the Associate Degree route offered by community colleges or the Accelerated Bachelor's Degree route offered by Universities. Information online says the Associate Degree route is less expensive than the Accelerated Bachelor's Degree route. Also, I'm looking at the program that will afford me the ability to work while on campus (Accelerated Degree program often leaves little or no space for that). Please if there's any one in any of these programs, I'll kindly need more information from you.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by gudnews212: 10:57am On Jan 23, 2019
[quote author=fairheart post=75029450]To be honest, nobody can decide which is best for you. Your choice of where to go will be influenced by your situation, aspiration, etc. However, both countries have similar opportunities in terms of quality of education you will get. The question is, are you going to stay back with your family after this PhD? If that is it as your question purports, then go for Canada. Good luck to you!

I intend coming back because of the bond I will be signing with my employer but my family will stay there. So, I will be visiting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olashile147: 11:00am On Jan 23, 2019
I'm applying for masters in public administration I have shortlisted this school. I'll want evetyone to help me scrutinize as i intend to apply to the best 6.

1.Binghamton university 
2.George Washington university 
3. Georgia southern university 
4.Texas state university 
5. University of Nebraska 
6.Virginia tech 
7.St cloud state univeristy
8. Rutgers university 
9. University of Baltimore
10. Central Michigan university 
Pls evetyone help me shortlist the best school where I can always get funding.Help a brother biko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 23, 2019
Anyone processing admission to Ohio for Fall 2019?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:18am On Jan 23, 2019
Hi, how do you think we will know which school will give you funding or that is best for you? That's your job to figure out. Explore each school websites, program webpage, courses offer, tuition fee rates compare to other schools, affordability of things/living within the city each university is located, and make sure you check out scholarship options as offered by each school. Now, write to program department or international students centre of each school with questions related to what you want to know about scholarship, GA, etc--in case this is still necessary after you must have explore the schools

If you are on a computer, all these will take you just a day or 2, and I am sure you will be able to decide for yourself which of the schools are best for you. Do that and you will be happy with what you will find.

Olashile147:
I'm applying for masters in public administration I have shortlisted this school. I'll want evetyone to help me scrutinize as i intend to apply to the best 6.

1.Binghamton university 
2.George Washington university 
3. Georgia southern university 
4.Texas state university 
5. University of Nebraska 
6.Virginia tech 
7.St cloud state univeristy
8. Rutgers university 
9. University of Baltimore
10. Central Michigan university 
Pls evetyone help me shortlist the best school where I can always get funding.Help a brother biko

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by zolargeo: 11:22am On Jan 23, 2019
fairheart:
You were to be specific enough to your school. You asked for documents, and indeed, which document? You should simply have asked that your admission be differed and a new, updated I-20 be issued for Fall2019. Write a message to your school with detailed information about your interview outcome and let them know you have decided you will not look for another school as their university is the best place to study your chosen program (Just to make them know you're committed). Then ask that your admission be differed to Fall2019 and so, you need another i-20 for the next visa interview. Simple as ABC!

Good luck!
Thanks, I appreciate this

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ay10yahoocom(f): 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2019
yes i am. got an admit in university of cincinnati, ohio.

IFearGod:
Anyone processing admission to Ohio for Fall 2019?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ideebong: 12:33pm On Jan 23, 2019
Good afternoon. I have been going through the thread and the comments has been helpful. I was denied my visa twice this year I went for my first interview on the 9th and was denied after being asked why I choose one school then I reapplied and was denied and the question was what I have been doing since high school I was asked to differ my admission to fall by the school. Pls do you think I should apply again is there any possible chance I would get it because I answered all the interview questions right but still don't know the answer they really need
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nad95: 12:45pm On Jan 23, 2019
fairheart:
How old are you? You may not get your student visa with a two year community college (which awards the associate degree in question) i-20. Please note "may". So, there is room for exception. But community college i-20s hardly earn visa approval these days. Your age is one of those factors you must consider when deciding which to go for.

Hi, fairheart. Thanks for the response. I'll be 24 this year by God's Is this age a red flag?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.