Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792804 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sunnypolicy02: 2:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
Virginia international university. I was told it's for FedEx
Ubah1:

Which school requests for deferral fee? shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
I was also asked to pay 25$ for deferral... Please thinking of applying for Fall can i use a new sponsor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 5:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good morning,"please" I have a couple of questions to ask you guys.

*Are there specific universities in the US that are seen as "Red-Flag" to the consulars during interview?

Is their anybody here applying for MFA FILM at Academy of the arts University(San Francisco )? ?

I intend applying for MFA FILM at Academy of the arts university(San Francisco ). While going through this forum,someone made mention of one California marimar University as "a no go area" for prospective applicants. Hence,this got me wondering and prompted the aforementioned question.

I have carried out an extensive research on this school (Academy of the arts University),nevertheless, I am willing to know more.

Pls,I need help with this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
Sunnypolicy02:
Virginia international university. I was told it's for FedEx

That school is a red flag at the embassy. Please use that money and apply to a better university.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrprolifik: 5:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
SOJ2019:
Good morning,"please" I have a couple of questions to ask you guys.

*Are there specific universities in the US that are seen as "Red-Flag" to the consulars during interview?

Is their anybody here applying for MFA FILM at Academy of the arts University(San Francisco )? ?

I intend applying for MFA FILM at Academy of the arts university(San Francisco ). While going through this forum,someone made mention of one California marimar University as "a no go area" for prospective applicants. Hence,this got me wondering and prompted the aforementioned question.

I have carried out an extensive research on this school (Academy of the arts University),nevertheless, I am willing to know more.

Pls,I need help with this.

Try checking the school through this link it's the department of us homeland security database for schools if your school isn't listed inside then you have to be careful.
https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/school-search?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sunnypolicy02: 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
Really? How does one know that? I need to PM you for more explanation.
Ubah1:

That school is a red flag at the embassy. Please use that money and apply to a better university.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 6:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
Congratulations bro
I will like to send you a PM
yuscodguy:
Visa approved January 14th 2019 at Abuja embassy at 8:45am
Part 1
My first interview was in Lagos embassy on May2 2017 for B1/B2 denied

Me: Good morning
VO: (No reply)why are you going to the US
Me: I am going to the United States, Florida to be precise for holiday

VO: what do u do in Nigeria
Me: I am a network engineer at National Open University of Nigeria where I train new staffs, monitor and secure the internet of the University, provide internet service to the whole university building and also I help in repairing faulty computers more so I secure the exam server (cut)

VO: are you married
Me: yes (open to me only)

VO: any child
Me: No

VO: sorry you are not qualified for visa this paper will explain

I jejely take my blue paper and leave

Part 2
Zoom to 31st December 2018 thinking I will celebrate the New Year in style

Me: Good Morning Happy New year in advance
Vo: good morning how are you
Me: I am fine

Vo: Pass me your Passport
Me: I oblige

Vo: why are you going to the United States
Me: I am going to the United States to pursue my masters degree in Computer Science and quantitative methods at Austin Peay State University

Vo: did you apply to other schools
Me: yes I applied to 4 different schools University of Cincinnati, University of New Haven, Eastern Illinois University and Eastern Michigan University

Vo: why APSU
Me: apart from the fact that I was awarded a graduate teaching assistant at Austin Peay state university, most importantly the research that is ongoing by Dr. Jiang Li at the department of Computer Science on the implementation of machine learning on network performance, troubleshooting and monitoring align with my career interest and the school also allow me to choose course from other departments which is an added advantage for me to equip me and make me a better data engineer and a good network architect .
Vo: sorry I am not seeing you funding
Me: please I have the offer letter with me here can you have a look please.
Vo: no I don’t know what is wrong it was just not coming up

Vo: who will be paying for the remaining deficit
Me: I was disorganized with what happened so I said my uncle sorry my aunt
Vo: sorry I will not eligible at this point of time.

Part 3
Fast forward to the golden day
I got to the embassy around 7:30
Did the necessary stuffs then fast forward to the proper interview
VO: good morning
Me: good morning sir
Vo: pass me your Passport and i20
Me: I passed
Vo: why is your passport wet
Me: I am sorry my hands are wet
He gave me tissue to clean my hands and he also clean my passport
Now I said it seems this guy will be nice in my mind but this guy is the world best of denial today the highest time people spend with him is 1min.

Vo: ............ Austin peay state university
Me: I did not hear what he said but I use my brain answer that I am going for my Masters degree in Computer Science and quantitative methods with concentration on predictive analytics
Vo: Did you have any other international passport
Me: no

Voice types for like 3 mins don’t know what he was checking I was just standing and looking
Vo: what will you be doing as a graduate assistant
Me: I will be helping my lecturer to mark, grade and also records student marks and also teaches some undergraduate course
Vo: Do you know the professor you will be working with?
Me: yes sir Professor Matt Jones
Vo: who will be paying for your tuition
Me: I have a full scholarship that covers my full tuition with monthly stipend and my aunt will take care of the deficit

Vo types again for another 2mins
I was like what is this guy looking at, hope I have not bleeped up like this.
This guy no ask me normal questions wey I prepare for. I was just praying and looking at white paper on his table with the pink paper
VO: where us your school located
Me: It is located in Clarksville Tennessee
VO: have you traveled to any country before
Me: No sir
Vo: have you applied for Canadian Visa before
Me: No sir
Voice types for some minute and say the golden word, your visa has been approved this paper will show you how to get your passport.
I was extremely happy
It was all Gods grace. Alhamdulilah my prayers and fasting did not go in vain.

Thank you all for the support from start to finish, i cannot mention names because the list will never end. You all are the best.
I will other people going for visa interview a successful outcome, the hustle, stress, sleepless night do worth it. Please stay focused.
Fall Aspirant go and prosper, we are waiting for you guys in America.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yuscodguy(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
No problem, if i didnt reply quick mail me at yuscodguy@gmail.com

1stdami:
Congratulations bro
I will like to send you a PM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Astaclover9: 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
ay10yahoocom:
MPH (Global health)
GPA 3.2
GRE 296
IELTS 7.
i actually applied for spring 2019, then requested for deferral to fall

What entry fall or what... I am going for fall 2019 mph epidemiology... So far have got 3 schools.. Etsu, uab and uní of Kentucky... To hear back from them about sponsorship by mid March max?
What's your story?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GAB1: 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good evening my people. I have been following this thread since 6am today and at this point I am convinced that we have gurus here and God sent individuals who are ready to assist. Please I want to seek for admission in the US to further my education. I am a HND graduate in Accountancy with upper credit. I left school in 2004 and have been working in different Banks since 2006 till date. Can I get a school to do PGD and then masters or do they have a kind of direct entry program I can do for first degree. I will truly appreciate someone to put me through and advice me appropriately on how to go about it.
I have a friend who is a professor in a school in Boston. He is a Nigerian and currently the HOD. Is there anyway he can help me. ? He told me he wants to assist me leave Nigerian. Is there any other way he can help me with the school admission or any other way
Your swift responses will be appreciated.
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
GAB1:
Good evening my people. I have been following this thread since 6am today and at this point I am convinced that we have gurus here and God sent individuals who are ready to assist. Please I want to seek for admission in the US to further my education. I am a HND graduate in Accountancy with upper credit. I left school in 2004 and have been working in different Banks since 2006 till date. Can I get a school to do PGD and then masters or do they have a kind of direct entry program I can do for first degree. I will truly appreciate someone to put me through and advice me appropriately on how to go about it.
I have a friend who is a professor in a school in Boston. He is a Nigerian and currently the HOD. Is there anyway he can help me. ? He told me he wants to assist me leave Nigerian. Is there any other way he can help me with the school admission or any other way
Thank you
You don't need to go through the PGD route, you can use an evaluation agency like WES to evaluate your transcript then use it to apply for an MSC.

You shouldn't also consider first degree at this time considering the fact that you have a first degree already.

For the question of whether the HOD can help @lagosismyhome, @ubah1, @fairheart

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 12:04am On Jan 28, 2019
mrprolifik:

Try checking the school through this link it's the department of us homeland security database for schools if your school isn't listed inside then you have to be careful.
https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/school-search?

Thanks.
I just checked the school using the homeland security database and yes,the school was listed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by vicshalewa(f): 12:57am On Jan 28, 2019
My husband got denied the second time, we are trying again later in the year but I'll like to ask if it's advisable to apply to the same school for the 3rd time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 6:07am On Jan 28, 2019
SOJ2019:

Thanks.
I just checked the school using the homeland security database and yes,the school was listed.

Well, If am you, I will avoid schools under ACICS as their accreditation were revoked in 2016 and later reinstated temporarily in April 2018. Students going to the embassy with those schools might get visa refusal as ACICS recognition isn't in full force yet.

Here is a link to know schools under ACICS :

http://personify.acics.org/ACICSMemberDirectory.aspx

Some of the popular ones used by Nigerians are:

1. iGlobal University
2. Virginia International University
3. California Miramar University
4. Northwestern Polytechnic University
5. Bryan University
6. Lincoln University, CA
7. Colorado Heights University
8. Stratford University
9. Pacific Institute of Technology
10. University of North America
11. Texas Health and Science University

Here is the announcement of Department of Education on this issue.

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2016/12/acics-loss-of-accreditation-what-it-means-for-schools-and-international-students

My advise is for students is to avoid schools under ACICS until it's fully recognised by the U.S Department of Education

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 7:36am On Jan 28, 2019
Ubah1:

Well, If am you, I will avoid schools under ACICS as their accreditation were revoked in 2016 and later reinstated temporarily in April 2018. Students going to the embassy with those schools might get visa refusal as ACICS recognition isn't in full force yet.

1. iGlobal University
5. Bryan University
8. Stratford University

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2016/12/acics-loss-of-accreditation-what-it-means-for-schools-and-international-students

My advise is for students is to avoid schools under ACICS until it's fully recognised by the U.S Department of Education
this is great info! �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 8:11am On Jan 28, 2019
Ubah1:

1. iGlobal University
5. Bryan University
8. Stratford University

Thanks for this information.
However,I tried checking out for this school (Academy of the art university,San Fransico),but the search came back blank.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2019
Ubah1:

1. iGlobal University
5. Bryan University
8. Stratford University

I don't see any good reason for someone to apply to any of those schools. Most of them are just "small private universities" aka visa mills and they don't even give financial aid.

I always advise people to apply to flagship state universities eg University of x (where x = a US state) or x State University.

A lot of the Universities of x are public schools that are far better than these schools with accreditation issues.

A lot of stubborn people won't listen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:21am On Jan 28, 2019
bracelum:

I don't see any good reason for someone to apply to any of those schools. Most of them are just "small private universities" aka visa mills and they don't even give financial aid.

I always advise people to apply to flagship state universities eg University of x (where x = a US state) or x State University.

A lot of the Universities of x are public schools that are far better than these schools with accreditation issues.

A lot of stubborn people won't listen.

Agents use those schools mostly and they are all looking for cheap admission since those universities doesn't require standardized test for top programs.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2019
SOJ2019:

Thanks for this information.
However,I tried checking out for this school (Academy of the art university,San Fransico),but the search came back blank.

This school is an unranked university in the U.S, I will advise you look for better school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ideebong: 9:34am On Jan 28, 2019
Good morning everyone pls I got denied twice and I plan to apply again first fall , is it advisable I continue with the same school I was denied entry to
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:40am On Jan 28, 2019
Ideebong:
Good morning everyone pls I got denied twice and I plan to apply again first fall , is it advisable I continue with the same school I was denied entry to

Kindly drop your transcript so that people can advise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:16am On Jan 28, 2019
vicshalewa:
My husband got denied the second time, we are trying again later in the year but I'll like to ask if it's advisable to apply to the same school for the 3rd time.

It hard to advice when the name of the school is not mentioned

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ideebong: 10:24am On Jan 28, 2019
Ok here.. January 9th 1st interview
VO: Good morning
VO: you want to go for studies in the US
Me: yes
Voice : how many schools did you apply to
Me: one
VO: why
Me: it was recommended and.... (Voice Cuts me short
VO: I said why
Me: I have done my research on the school and course I am going for and I have seen that the standard of the school..... ( cuts me short)
VO: under the immigration law you don't qualify for a student visa.

2nd interview
VO: when did you finish secondary school
Me: 2014
VO: what have you been doing prior to your application
Me: I have been working and also going for catering class
VO: sorry ( returns passport and I -20)
Ubah1:

Kindly drop your transcript so that people can advise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:25am On Jan 28, 2019
How old are you please?

GAB1:
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 11:40am On Jan 28, 2019
Ideebong:
Ok here.. January 9th 1st interview
VO: Good morning
VO: you want to go for studies in the US
Me: yes
Voice : how many schools did you apply to
Me: one
VO: why
Me: it was recommended and.... (Voice Cuts me short
VO: I said why
Me: I have done my research on the school and course I am going for and I have seen that the standard of the school..... ( cuts me short)
VO: under the immigration law you don't qualify for a student visa.

2nd interview
VO: when did you finish secondary school
Me: 2014
VO: what have you been doing prior to your application
Me: I have been working and also going for catering class
VO: sorry ( returns passport and I -20)

What's the name of your school and the course you applied for. Also drop your profile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 11:42am On Jan 28, 2019
Achz:

@justwise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 11:46am On Jan 28, 2019
Ubah1:

@justwise
Loll
Zero chill

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.