Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792619 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2019
mrcodebreaker:
Hello! Everyone I want to start making plans for my visa application. I plan to apply in a few months for my fall 2019 admission. I am currently self employed and will be sponsored by ....

The program I am going for is geology totally unrelated to what my business does (construction - things are tough and man gotta bounce). Would you advice I start building a bank statement with a petroleum company and pay myself salary monthly in my personal bank statement till my application or I present my construction company documents like that with the bank statement. I am planning ahead and I really want to know what you guys think.

Will I be asked for my own bank statement if I am being sponsored and also how much much be in the bank statements of my sponsors all together etc etc.. I have travel history to uk and sa.

Need your input guys please I am planning way ahead. Thank you
Good thing you're making plans. I'd advice you edit those figures to prevent receipt of unsolicited PMs.

You wanna go to grad school to study a course that's totally unrelated to what you studied in your undergraduate nor your work experience? Except you can STRONGLY defend the switch, it can't fly.

I would assume your sister account statement is sufficient to cater for your fees but you should be able to provide reasons as to why your sister is sponsoring you to grad school. There's no need to build your account if you are not the one paying and can't defend the source of income.

To be frank, if you're just starting application for fall 2019, it's a bit late though but you can still shoot for it if you're not totally particular about funding. Spring 2020 is just around the corner and you could put that into consideration.

Good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chemike16(m): 12:29pm On Feb 19, 2019
Good day every one
Please how can I go about this GPA conversion.
A friend of mine in the US sent me https://www.etx-ng.com/transcript-services . I have log to the site i dont get. Is there another way ?? I will love a bit of an explanation
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2019
bracelum:

Abeg make una dey indicate for these abbreviations because each time I see CMU, I always think it is Carnegie Mellon University grin grin

If na that California school, na red flag
California Miramar University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
naira0:

California Miramar University

Lol one building university, they admit just anything.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
Please... I need response to this
JoeBazz:
Hi guys...
Aside University of new Haven and yeshiva University,
Do you know any school that also waive application fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrcodebreaker: 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
The masters I am going for is related to my 1st degree and I have admission already. But it is unrelated to my business which is steel construction services.
I see questions like what have you been doing since graduation and I need to know how to make moves on that. I was working for a while but quite like some years ago and started my company.
Also what if I am asked why i am leaving my company to go for masters, is it not a red flag? So I am thinking of using a friends company to pay myself salary monthly. till my application in maybe june.
I would like to know if, even if i am saying i am being sponsored by my family will i need to present my own bank statement etc. would they ask for mine?

Olalekank:

Good thing you're making plans. I'd advice you edit those figures to prevent receipt of unsolicited PMs.

You wanna go to grad school to study a course that's totally unrelated to what you studied in your undergraduate nor your work experience? Except you can STRONGLY defend the switch, it can't fly.

I would assume your sister account statement is sufficient to cater for your fees but you should be able to provide reasons as to why your sister is sponsoring you to grad school. There's no need to build your account if you are not the one paying and can't defend the source of income.

To be frank, if you're just starting application for fall 2019, it's a bit late though but you can still shoot for it if you're not totally particular about funding. Spring 2020 is just around the corner and you could put that into consideration.

Good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nad95: 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2019
LagosismyHome:

The two bolds shows you can never predict what goes on in a VO head
Hi, @lagosismyhome. I sent you a PM. Can you please spare a few moments of your time to respond. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nad95: 4:01pm On Feb 19, 2019
Please is there anyone here who is a nursing student in the US? Or does any participant of this thread knows any nursing student in the US? Can
you kindly connect me to them. I'll like to ask a few questions in preparations for my applications to nursing schools in the US. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by nasjeje: 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2019
izeekss:

Try this waiver code: FA19JS

Thanks br.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jongot442: 6:13pm On Feb 19, 2019
Hello everyone, please I need you to recommend a school in the US for me that only requires TOEFL and not SAT for undergraduate admission... Thank you

Please guys help me with this.... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nad95: 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2019
Hey, guys. Please I need you to help recommend schools where I can do an accelerated bachelor's in nursing degree(ABSN) to me. Note that I have searched for schools but the ones I saw on the internet are way out of my budget. Please kindly do me this favor is you know any school that's pocket friendly towards intending international nursing students.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2019
Islandofficeboy:
for cheap flight tickets and visa application.

This looks cheap but can i book for future date like in 5years time (2024) because thats the next time Nigeria will see my face grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2019
Nad95:
Hey, guys. Please I need you to help recommend schools where I can do an accelerated bachelor's in nursing degree(ABSN) to me. Note that I have searched for schools but the ones I saw on the internet are way out of my budget. Please kindly do me this favor is you know any school that's pocket friendly towards intending international nursing students.
Thanks.

there are alot of schools you can do nursing in. Just make google your best friend. you will definitely get a school of your choice. Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by domex007: 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
Nad95:
Please is there anyone here who is a nursing student in the US? Or does any participant of this thread knows any nursing student in the US? Can
you kindly connect me to them. I'll like to ask a few questions in preparations for my applications to nursing schools in the US. Thanks.

My aunty is a Nurse and she went to NJCU ( New jersey City University) for her BSN and presently doing her MSN in St peters University, New jersey.
My cousin's girls friend is also in nursing school and she is presently in bloomfield college, new jersey
A Nursing Intern at my Uncle's clinic is in Hudson county Community College (New Jersey) for his Associate degree

thats 3 nursing school i just dropped. I hope this helps. Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by meemich234(m): 9:37pm On Feb 19, 2019
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 11:09pm On Feb 19, 2019
Senatorbee:
Please I need someone who can proof read and make necessary corrections to my graduate assistance application statement before submitting it.
Please deadline for submission is near.
I will send it to you pls help assist
@ lagosismyhome, fairhart, ubah1, olalekank, sirriddy, walspring and the gurus pls assist me ooo
Pls help me on these
Assist me to proof read
Submission deadline is approaching
E da kun
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2019
Senatorbee:
Please I need someone who can proof read and make necessary corrections to my graduate assistance application statement before submitting it.
Please deadline for submission is near.
I will send it to you pls help assist
@ lagosismyhome, fairhart, ubah1, olalekank, sirriddy, walspring and the gurus pls assist me ooo

Sorry no free time ooo ... kindly reach out to others
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by temidayodamoye(m): 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2019
Hi Everyone, I am Dayo by Name, I am hoping to apply to schools in the US for my Msc for fall 2019. I graduated from UI, Petroleum Engineering with a 2'1 (5.5/7). Yet to take GRE or TOEFL, I am looking forward to someone putting me through on the whole process as i have little knowledge about the whole thing. I would need suggestions on schools I could apply to( Pet engr or Energy related courses) and tips on how I could get funding. I would be glad if someone could put me through. Thanks in anticipation!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Marjoribanks: 11:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
Please, I want to pay application fee to bgsu but they said no to credit/debit card from Nigeria. Anyone that can help, please. I will send the naira amount. Just 75 dollars.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
Senatorbee:

Pls help me on these
Assist me to proof read
Submission deadline is approaching
E da kun

Send a dm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:28pm On Feb 19, 2019
temidayodamoye:
Hi Everyone, I am Dayo by Name, I am hoping to apply to schools in the US for my Msc for fall 2019. I graduated from UI, Petroleum Engineering with a 2'1 (5.5/7). Yet to take GRE or TOEFL, I am looking forward to someone putting me through on the whole process as i have little knowledge about the whole thing. I would need suggestions on schools I could apply to( Pet engr or Energy related courses) and tips on how I could get funding. I would be glad if someone could put me through. Thanks in anticipation!

Hit google, no one here has the luxury time to guide you step by step. Start reading this thread from page one, you will learn alot.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by temidayodamoye(m): 11:51pm On Feb 19, 2019
Time2win:

Hit google, no one here has the luxury time to guide you step by step. Start reading this thread from page one, you will learn alot.

Thanks for your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jongot442: 11:53pm On Feb 19, 2019
Nad95:
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ToluwalekeA: 11:55pm On Feb 19, 2019
Marjoribanks:
Please, I want to pay application fee to bgsu but they said no to credit/debit card from Nigeria. Anyone that can help, please. I will send the naira amount. Just 75 dollars.

i used my GT master card for mine and it worked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Jongot442: 11:59pm On Feb 19, 2019
Jongot442:
Hello everyone, please I need you to recommend a reputable school in the US recognized by the VOs that only requires TOEFL and not SAT for undergraduate admission... Thank you

Please guys help me with this.... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aywhy93(m): 12:24am On Feb 20, 2019
lexychuks:

For university admissions, it's best to choose the course by course evaluation. Either you use WES icap or WES basic. The WES icap costs 205 USD (74k naira) and the WES basic costs 160 USD (58k naira). WES Icap ensures your records are saved with them and you can easily send the transcript to any other school at a later date. The WES basic doesn't offer this. Then there's cost for sealed envelope.

For shipping the evaluated documents to you, you could either choose 7 USD for standard delivery or 75USD for courier delivery. For the WES icap just budget 249USD (91K) to get a copy and to send to your school of choice.

Your transcript has to come directly from your school due to incidents of fraud. Plus you'd need to send your WAEC transcript from WAEC Office directly and waec scratch card.

Before proceeding with the WES icap. I did a free evaluation of my Bachelor's degree to have an idea of where I fall and here is it, please do you think I'll be able to get full funding for Masters, though I've not taken GRE yet. I'm looking to apply for Mathematics, Statistics and Computer related courses (Spring/Fall 2020). What advice do you have for me..?

BSc. Mathematics
GPA - 2.89/4.00

Thanks!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Auditmonkey(f): 2:29am On Feb 20, 2019
JoeBazz:
Please check your PM

I just replied you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lexychuks(m): 7:29am On Feb 20, 2019
aywhy93:

Before proceeding with the WES icap. I did a free evaluation of my Bachelor's degree to have an idea of where I fall and here is it, please do you think I'll be able to get full funding for Masters, though I've not taken GRE yet. I'm looking to apply for Mathematics, Statistics and Computer related courses (Spring/Fall 2020). What advice do you have for me..?

Thanks!!!

Well most US schools I know require a minimum GPA of 3/4 for admission, however there are schools that accept 2.85/4 like NYIT but they are stingy with funding or other schools that accept 2.75/4. I would advise you do research online for schools that accept your GPA, get the list and contact their respective graduate coordinator to seek for graduate assistant positions and requirements. Make sure you ask for availability of funding before applying or else you'd just waste money on application fees and sending WES report to them. Also make sure you ace your GRE (310 and above with at least 160 in your Quantitative) and write Toefl (above 80 depending on your school's requirements). Get good letters of recommendation and write a well written statement of purpose. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aywhy93(m): 7:41am On Feb 20, 2019
lexychuks:

Well most US schools I know require a minimum GPA of 3/4 for admission, however there are other schools that accept 2.75/4. I would advise you do research online for schools that accept your GPA, get the list and contact their respective graduate coordinator to seek for graduate assistant positions and requirements. Also make sure you ace your GRE (310 and above with at least 160 in your Quantitative) and write Toefl (above 80 depending on your school's requirements). Get good letters of recommendation and write a well written statement of purpose. All the best.

Thanks a lot... I really appreciate this..!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 8:11am On Feb 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Sorry no free time ooo ... kindly reach out to others
Thanks so much Lagosismymummy
I have responded to your PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrcodebreaker: 8:30am On Feb 20, 2019
Hi! Everyone I want to start making plans for my visa application. I plan to apply in a few months for my fall 2019 admission. I am currently self employed and will be sponsored by my elder sister (unmarried) and cosponsored by my younger sis (unmarried) and Mother (civil servant) who both work here in nigeria. The program I am going for is geology totally unrelated to what my business does (Steel construction services - things are tough and man gotta bounce). I am planning ahead and I really want to know what you guys think.

The masters I am going for is related to my 1st degree (2012 graduate) and I have admission already in the US. But it is unrelated to my business which is steel construction services(it was lucrative back then).
I see questions like what have you been doing since graduation and I need to know how to make moves on that. I was working for a while but quit 2 years years ago and started my company in 2017.

Also what if I am asked why i am leaving my company to go for masters, is it not a red flag? So I am thinking of using a friends company to pay myself salary monthly. till my application in maybe june. So I can say I have been working in so so and so company etc

I would like to know if, even if i am saying i am being sponsored by my family will i need to present my own bank statement etc. would they ask for mine?

Me saying I was working in xyz company now will they ask for my own bank statement if I am being sponsored and also how much much be in the bank statements of my sponsors all together in naira pleaseeee? etc etc.. I have travel history to uk and sa.

Need your input guys please I am planning way ahead. Thank you

Need a response please guys

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.