Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (791314 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by oluezekiel(m): 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2019
IJSEUN20:
Good evening all,

please i am new on this forum and i will like to make an inquiry if it is possible to apply for my masters in any school in the US with my HND result?
Thanks.
YES
I'm sorry to say this, but I feel new guys coming to the thread don't do any search at all before asking questions!
This question has been answered many times...use the search bar or go through the previous pages.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Giftedhands33: 1:49am On Feb 25, 2019
Pls is Sacred Heart University a red flag for masters program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Giftedhands33: 2:05am On Feb 25, 2019
Reapplying for fall using same university is it bad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brainy02: 10:04am On Feb 25, 2019
Pls guys, I will need your candid responses.

I want to apply to University of San Francisco for a Master program and also to southEast Missouri University for undergraduate, firstly are these schools flagged?

I plan to register for their July entries, I hope I am still in time?

I have a good HND grade result here and have a good experience in my field so I hope I can bypass the TOEFL test atleast for the masters course as I don't exactly think I need it for the undergraduate, or would it be needed?

If there is anything else I will need to do, pls guys lemme know.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Giftedhands33: 10:24am On Feb 25, 2019
Giftedhands33:
Pls is Sacred Heart University a red flag for masters program

Can someone pls respond
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 10:37am On Feb 25, 2019
Giftedhands33:

Can someone pls respond

No, it's not. They have campus in Luxembourg too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 25, 2019
brainy02:
Pls guys, I will need your candid responses.

I want to apply to University of San Francisco for a Master program and also to southEast Missouri University for undergraduate, firstly are these schools flagged?

I plan to register for their July entries, I hope I am still in time?

I have a good HND grade result here and have a good experience in my field so I hope I can bypass the TOEFL test atleast for the masters course as I don't exactly think I need it for the undergraduate, or would it be needed?

If there is anything else I will need to do, pls guys lemme know.

Thanks

USF is a solid school... A feeder to most tech firms in the Bay Area. The other school, I don't know about it. USF might be expensive though - you might want to make sure you have the $$$ covered. If you still need another nice Bay Area school, check Santa Clara University.

You might want to confirm from your school if they still accept students for summer/fall start dates. An email would work.

If you have HND, do WES evaluation and go for masters. But first, confirm from your school if they will accept your HND without WES evaluation. If you don't know about WES, I suggest you start reading the thread from page 1. By the time you get to page 5, you should be better informed.

Write the GRE if you want to attend a good engineering school. GRE or GMAT works for business schools but GMAT is mostly preferred especially from the recruitment angle. Whichever works for you...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brainy02: 10:55am On Feb 25, 2019
bracelum:

USF is a solid school... A feeder to most tech firms in the Bay Area. The other school, I don't know about it. USF might be expensive though - you might want to make sure you have the $$$ covered. If you still need another nice Bay Area school, check Santa Clara University.

You might want to confirm from your school if they still accept students for summer/fall start dates. An email would work.

If you have HND, do WES evaluation and go for masters. But first, confirm from your school if they will accept your HND without WES evaluation. If you don't know about WES, I suggest you start reading the thread from page 1. By the time you get to page 5, you should be better informed.

Write the GRE if you want to attend a good engineering school. GRE or GMAT works for business schools but GMAT is mostly preferred especially from the recruitment angle. Whichever works for you...

The Masters course for USF is $21,000 for 23months so I suppose that should be too expensive plus I am not sure they give any Financial support.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 25, 2019
brainy02:

The Masters course for USF is $21,000 for 23months so I suppose that should be too expensive plus I am not sure they give any Financial support.

$21K tuition is not very expensive compared to other schools. Some public schools even have more expensive tuition for niche masters like computer science, IT and data science.

However, where you will shell out more $$$ is on living expenses. But San Francisco is San Francisco - if you utilize opportunities in the environment well, it will pay off ASAP especially if you already have relevant work experience in your field... And assuming it's a tech field
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solajaquadri: 4:44pm On Feb 25, 2019
gud house, pls can any body pls gard me on how to fill DS 160 form and also to teach me how to book for interview plssssss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoeBazz(m): 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2019
Hi house,
I finished my video chat with yeshiva University program director not quite long.
But it is unfortunate that I stammer and stutter a lot in the video chat as if I can't construct sentences grin grin grin though I made them realize at the end of the chat that I was a bit nervous that they should pardon me for that.
Hope it won't affect my application status and my reputation as a master applicant?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by onemanarmy: 9:30pm On Feb 25, 2019
I have a 2:1 Agronomy (first degree), masters in GIS (agroclimatology option) from a naija Univesity. This GIS is a professional masters. I willl like to know from my seniors if I can apply directly for PHD?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Miaanita(f): 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2019
Good evening guys, I got an admission from Purdue university with full funding and have accepted the admission by writing the graduate coordinator.

Pls what is the next step to take so as to get my I-20 form.. Will I have to upload any financial document again cos am confused pls..

Anyone in the house to help me figure this out or will I have to call the admission office to ask about what next to do...

Anyone available to pick my call so that we can talk better on phone pls..

What should be done to get my l-20 form pls?

Also whats the official financial support document needed for a person that has funding pls?

God bless you as you do this

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4gunners(m): 11:31pm On Feb 25, 2019
Miaanita:
Good evening guys, I got an admission from Purdue university with full funding and have accepted the admission by writing the graduate coordinator.

Pls what is the next step to take so as to get my I-20 form.. Will I have to upload any financial document again cos am confused pls..

Anyone in the house to help me figure this out or will I have to call the admission office to ask about what next to do...

Also whats the official financial support document needed for a person that has funding pls?

Waoh!!! This is big... Congrats..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nad95: 12:04am On Feb 26, 2019
ndindiatu:

Accelerated with 2 kids. Na wah oh. I hope she keep money oh. E no easy oh. I am not discouraging u but enter usa with 2 kids who go look after dem. How will she cope. U cant leave kids not up to 13 yrs alone. Accelerated is intensive u know. And she will do prerequisite. U need helper oh
Hi, ndindiatu. I sent you a PM. Kindly check and let me know your response. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brainy02: 1:31am On Feb 26, 2019
bracelum:

$21K tuition is not very expensive compared to other schools. Some public schools even have more expensive tuition for niche masters like computer science, IT and data science.

However, where you will shell out more $$$ is on living expenses. But San Francisco is San Francisco - if you utilize opportunities in the environment well, it will pay off ASAP especially if you already have relevant work experience in your field... And assuming it's a tech field

I had a session on Skype with a rep in the office in the school and even promise to help me waive the application fee of $50 but said I must pay an upfront of $700(refundable if visa don't work) upon admission before my I-20 wil be sent.

How can I navigate this pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 26, 2019
Miaanita:

. Maybe just enough to cover your living expense. Best wishes...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 1:58am On Feb 26, 2019
brainy02:

I had a session on Skype with a rep in the office in the school and even promise to help me waive the application fee of $50 but said I must pay an upfront of $700(refundable if visa don't work) upon admission before my I-20 wil be sent.

How can I navigate this pls

What program are you applying to?

Enrollment deposits are common for most competitive programs. It is normally a non-refundable fee. Some schools charge up to $5K enrollment deposits.

You can't run away from it. Schools use it to fill spots especially if they want to have a specific number of students annually.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:00am On Feb 26, 2019
JoeBazz:
Hi house,
I finished my video chat with yeshiva University program director not quite long.
But it is unfortunate that I stammer and stutter a lot in the video chat as if I can't construct sentences grin grin grin though I made them realize at the end of the chat that I was a bit nervous that they should pardon me for that.
Hope it won't affect my application status and my reputation as a master applicant?

Are you a natural stutterer?
Was it an admissions interview or just an informational session?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 5:32am On Feb 26, 2019
Miaanita:

Firstly Congratulations.

Contact your grad cord or the Office of International Affairs in your school.

If the full funding will cover all your expenses, you’d probably not need to send any financial document to the school again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brainy02: 6:23am On Feb 26, 2019
bracelum:

What program are you applying to?

Enrollment deposits are common for most competitive programs. It is normally a non-refundable fee. Some schools charge up to $5K enrollment deposits.

You can't run away from it. Schools use it to fill spots especially if they want to have a specific number of students annually.

Ms sports management.

If you have any which school run this program and who demand all of these pls suggest for me.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 6:37am On Feb 26, 2019
Miaanita:

purdue is a great school with funding too? That's big cheesy congratulations cool. Send them a mail on how to go about getting your I20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:59am On Feb 26, 2019
Miaanita:

Congrats, Purdue university is a great school. Send your funding letter to International students services office for them to process your i20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by samdgreat2011: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2019
Miaanita:

That's huge. Since you got funding which will include stipend, all you should do is upload the proof of funding instead of statement of account.

I also got full funding from my school, and what I uploaded is my proof of funding.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Astaclover9: 11:12am On Feb 26, 2019
1stdami:

Etsu admittee here... Processing i20 here

� hello, are you at ETSU?

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: Observer25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.