Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792807 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 6:46am On Mar 16, 2019
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 6:49am On Mar 16, 2019
[quote author=yuscodguy post=76697426]

It is not true you can apply 2days later if it was an F1 visa, I don't know about b1/b2[Thank you]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 6:50am On Mar 16, 2019
It is not true you can apply 2days later if it was an F1 visa, I don't know about b1/b2

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 16, 2019
Apt!

LagosismyHome:

Congrats ...Admission is one thing and visa is another. Ensure you go through pass transcript and prepare well especially if you want to go with a spouse. Are you the male or female ?. It might be easier if the male is the student than if the male is the f2. ... vo might feel why will a man go sit without working for 2 years

Anyway it possible and others have been successful. No body can predict so all you can do is prepare well and hope for the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 7:32am On Mar 16, 2019
bracelum:

Yes, she's right. E get as e be for man to go sit-down for 2 years without doing anything. At least, society views it somehow. Men don suffer sha grin grin
as I said I get her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CuteRedd(f): 7:33am On Mar 16, 2019
LagosismyHome:

stereotype or not wasnt taken into account....

it a feedback based on previous transcript
oh I didn’t mean stereotype from you jare lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 16, 2019
See dis empty box

All u kno how 2 do is 2 insult pple here. I hav ur time 2day.

bracelum:

SMH for you! See your life grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Taofeeq2510: 7:45am On Mar 16, 2019
Hello family, I have been a silent reader all this while,thabjs to all the gurus in the house for all they are offering into the group, please here is a list of universities that I seem fit for my program, masters in biological and agricultural engineering, please which of these school offer funding for graduate student and which of them is a red flag also if I haven't included one which you think is better please kindly help me by stating it.
1.University of Florida
2.University of Illinois
3.Texas a&m university college station
4.Utah State University
5.North Dakota state university
6.kansas state university
7.south Dakota State University
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:51am On Mar 16, 2019
Pefuele:

Check the question.It is a visit visa.
Oh thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Demonicide(f): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2019
Hello gurus in the house, does university of St Thomas MN provide full funding?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 16, 2019
CuteRedd:
as I said I get her

Sure you did!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 16, 2019
Scarletx:
See dis empty box

All u kno how 2 do is 2 insult pple here. I hav ur time 2day.

SMH!
Oga abeg clear road make I see clearly jare grin grin grin grin. Na so bad belle dey take start. Anyways, while you clearly have my time, it is unfortunate that I don't have your time. You even opened a new account for this sh*t hahaha. Please use that time for something better. No vex grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 16, 2019
Taofeeq2510:
Hello family, I have been a silent reader all this while,thabjs to all the gurus in the house for all they are offering into the group, please here is a list of universities that I seem fit for my program, masters in biological and agricultural engineering, please which of these school offer funding for graduate student and which of them is a red flag also if I haven't included one which you think is better please kindly help me by stating it.
1.University of Florida
2.University of Illinois
4.Utah State University
Thanks in advance

While I have no clue about Master's in Biological and Agricultural Engineering, I would like to answer one of your questions by saying none of those schools is a red flag school. They are all good and legit colleges. Others with a good knowledge of your program will talk more on your other questions. All the best!

By the way, Is it University of Illinois at Chicago or UIUC? Anyways, both colleges are good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Taofeeq2510: 11:59am On Mar 16, 2019
bracelum:

While I have no clue about Master's in Biological and Agricultural Engineering, I would like to answer one of your questions by saying none of those schools is a red flag school. They are all good and legit colleges. Others with a good knowledge of your program will talk more on your other questions. All the best!

By the way, Is it University of Illinois at Chicago or UIUC? Anyways, both colleges are good.
Thanks and it is University of Illinois Urbana champagne
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Taofeeq2510: 12:09pm On Mar 16, 2019
bracelum:

Please did you know which of them that give funding I have a 3.1gp on a 4 scale and about to take gre
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ToluwalekeA: 3:21pm On Mar 16, 2019
Hello Everyone

If you have been admitted to Georgia State University for MS Geoscience with no funding, or a prospective applicant, i will be rejecting my funded offer from the department. pls kindly email the graduate coordinator for any funding availability. It may be possible for them to grant the person my funds. I got a better offer with better stipends from another University .Cheers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2019
Taofeeq2510:

Thanks and it is University of Illinois Urbana champagne
Awesome! It is a very good school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
Taofeeq2510:

Please did you know which of them that give funding I have a 3.1gp on a 4 scale and about to take gre

No sorry, I don't know if they give funding and I don't want to claim knowledge in something I don't know. I'm sure someone that knows about your program and the schools will respond.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2019
ToluwalekeA:
Hello Everyone

If you have been admitted to Georgia State University for MS Geoscience with no funding, or a prospective applicant, i will be rejecting my funded offer from the department. pls kindly email the graduate coordinator for any funding availability. It may be possible for them to grant the person my funds. I got a better offer with better stipends from another University .Cheers

This very kind and thoughtful of you......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Taofeeq2510: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2019
bracelum:

No sorry, I don't know if they give funding and I don't want to claim knowledge in something I don't know. I'm sure someone that knows about your program and the schools will respond.
Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uzmu: 4:34pm On Mar 16, 2019
Yes , i did
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Marjoribanks: 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2019
ToluwalekeA:
Hello Everyone

Very thoughtful of you! Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Awo95: 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2019
Hello house ! My sponsor is my uncle but we do not have the same last name . Please what should I do ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uzmu: 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
uzmu:
I had my visa interview on the 8th of January, (visa denied) @ lagos embassy and below is my transcript, please Guru in the house help spot out the grey areas I need improve on thanks in awaiting cos am thinking of applying again soon.

VO: Good morning 
Me: Good morning 
VO: your passport and I-20 pls
Me: I obliged, I pass it to her.
VO: where are u going to
Me: I'm going to MUM at Fairfield Iowa  for  my Graduate Degree in computer science.
VO: was typing
VO: how do you hear about this school
Me: my undergraduate lecturer told me about the school, so I went to the sch website to make more enquire and I found out that their cause content it's align with what I want.
VO: continue typing 
VO: how many schools did u applied to
Me: 3 schools, namely California state university,  Merrimack college and Was stammering before I finally said Felician university 
VO: what are the courses you going to do there during ur studies.
Me: software engineering, Big data, parallel programming , Database management systems, Advance software development patterns n framework (VO cuts in).
VO : continue typing
VO: what's the total unit for your course in first semester. (I really didn't get this question well cause I didn't put the units into consideration and i don't know if she meant the unit for the duration of the program).
Me : 12 units ( I messed up here).
VO: was just typing 
VO: what do u do
Me: I work as an IT support staff with xyz company
VO: do u do any standardize test?
Me : yes
VO: which 
Me : ielts 
VO: No I mean standardized test ( GET  n TOEFl)
Me: I was trying to explain then she cut in .( cause I have my ielts result with me, and also to tell her  did English skpe  interview )
VO: who is your sponsor
Me: My Dad.
VO: What does your Dad do
Me: He works as an Asst Gen Manager (ict) @ xyz company
VO: do you have any siblings in the U.S.
Me : No 
VO: have you traveled to the U.S. before       Typing continue 
Me : No 
VO : what's your plan after graduation 
Me: I intend coming back to set up an IT firm after graduation.
VO : was just  typing only God's knows.
And she handed over the blue paper, saying u didn't show u did more research about the school and u didn't show enough ties that u coming coming back

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uzmu: 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2019
uzmu:
Visa denied today in Abuja embassy F1.
Previously Applied this same month early jan.@ lagos Embassy 
VO : i see you previously applied in lagos, so what has changed?
Me : i have made more research about my school now and am more confident.
VO : So u wanted to pay $25,000 and u didnt research about the school?
Me : was just mute.
VO: how did you hear about the school?
Me: a lectural friend of my who is currently in the uk Doing his PhD recommend the school
VO: in the UK?
Me : yes, as he said he knows of 2person who left UK for the sch in U.S. immediately i went to quora to ask question and also on linkedln to know more about the school.
VO: so what have u learnt about the school now?
Me: the school won the best Data science Track in 2018 which is the fastest and latest growig trend in cpmputer science, and also has a Block system of learning that enables one to concentrate on one subject in a month and also its the home of conscious Based Education.
VO : was just typing and brought out the pick paper that I'm sorry u still not eligible this time.
Pls what must i have said wrongly, pls i need advice cos i may defer till May Entry.

This are my transcript @ Lagosismyhome@pelu and others pls guru help review cos i deferred to Fall

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AgreatMan: 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2019
uzmu:
uzmu:
Me: a lectural friend of my who is currently in the uk Doing his PhD recommend the school
Me : yes, as he said he knows of 2person who left UK for the sch in U.S. immediately i went to quora to ask question and also on linkedln to know more about the school.
Me: the school won the best Data science Track in 2018 which is the fastest and latest growig trend in cpmputer science, and also has a Block system of learning that enables one to concentrate on one subject in a month and also its the home of conscious Based Education.
VO : was just typing and brought out the pick paper that I'm sorry u still not eligible this time.
Pls what must i have said wrongly, pls i need advice cos i may defer till May Entry.

This are my transcript @ Lagosismyhome@pelu and others pls guru help review cos i deferred to Fall
@uzmu

Well, I don't think u we're denied based on the fact that u didn't know much about the school. That not d main reason. They just couldn't wrap their heads around why a person will toss $25k at some "unknown" program.

I think the 3 schools r "low calibre," but I stand to be corrected. It gives u up as someone who is just looking for a way, any "easy" admission to escape.

Well, who pays $25k for a low ranked school? Your only way was to have justified y this school's computer program is worth d return on investment. This I believe was d main reason for your denial n they gave u an opportunity to explain that's why they asked u y u chose d sch. But your response was way too weak for someone who is a lecturer. U said u picked d school cos d department won some trumped-up award, how does d award affect your life? You also made mention of some "Block system of learning." Whatever that possibly means.... stop complicating their lives with big English.

U also said d school will suddenly make u setup your own IT firm after 2 years, Haba? Na just MSc na. The VO was right to have denied u twice, honestly, they must have been pissed by your responses because u just read them somewhere n threw it back at the VOs.

There isn't just enough tact in your responses.

In all, there is something new to gain "how many courses u plan to do in first semester?"

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2019
Good evening peeps,

Please I wanna ask a question:

Which university is ranked higher between Texas A and M kingsville or Mississippi State University?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2019
Pefuele:

Good evening peeps,

Please I wanna ask a question:

Which university is ranked higher between Texas A and M kingsville or Mississippi State University?

What happened to Google?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Taofeeq2510: 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2019
1.University of Florida
2.University of Illinois
4.Utah State University
8.University of Hawei
Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 1stdami(m): 10:11pm On Mar 16, 2019
To be sincere with you no offense. I was a little bit pissed reading this conversation. Your answer to most of the questions are quite swallow. I believe you can do better with proper guidance. So i will advice you go through some past transcripts on this thread and see how they attack these questions you have been asked. Cheers and good luck next time.

uzmu:
uzmu:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 11:38pm On Mar 16, 2019
Time2win:

What happened to Google?

Sure you right.I am looking for other opinions.
Some info can be more trendy and I can get contributions from peeps studying there on this thread,you never know.It is good to be open to options...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 11:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
It's official I can't use WES Calculator well. Please someone should help me check the WES evaluation of 2.91 CGPA. Please don't refer me to WES again oooo. I would love to hear from someone who had something similar and also, let me know the person's scored from 2.91 to 4 instead of 5. I need help!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.