Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792714 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:46am On Apr 23, 2019
A very close friend who follows me here just hint on whatsapp that her sister got her F1 Visa without travelling on her B1/B2.
So, I will recommend the applicant who asked question regarding this to also try and apply and hope for the best.
Peace smiley Bleuocean

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 7:51am On Apr 23, 2019
fairheart:
Apologies accepted cheesy I have learn not to be offended by anything I see on this forum again because I know we have many young people here, and stuff like this is bound to happen. If you look at the tail of my comment, you will see this sentence: However, I'm not a Consular officer...but talking from years of experience For me to have included "However", I am not a consular officer" means my view have possibility of not being the case as presented; it did not mean I am emphatic! On your opinion that what I wrote is demoralizing, it is how you see it. I am not the type who drop sweet comment here just to please people. I share what I perceive to be reality or likely to happen. This is the same thing Twoods used to do here, and many students thought he's negative. But it's their opinion! The poster and the applicant here have options to choose from. I'm sure he'll still consult other people and decide what's best for him. If he did not use the B1/B2 and apply for the F1 visa and it's granted, I'll learn something from his case; if he's refused, you'll learn and he'll learn, and the lesson will become a part of your experience. Have a great day!

Well spoken, we all disagree to agree. My answers came from my personal encounter with a V.O when I asked the question at Educationusa and I was given that reply that it has no negative impact, rather a bonus. Hope the poster finds the answer that best suits him well. cool

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:00am On Apr 23, 2019
fairheart:
Why did you apply for a visa you will not use to travel in the first place? If the F1 is refused, which may likely be the case, whose fault is that?
Consider that a visa has been issued to you so that you can travel with it. Not using the B1/B2 visa while applying for a different category tantamount to not knowing what you want! VO don't like people who doesn't know what they are doing! I'll advise you use your B1/B2 first, then apply for the F1. However, I'm not a Consular officer...but talking from years of experience smiley

I dont agree though.... there no rule that states you must use your visa. Things happen and plans changes. ... last week i bought a ticket to go to houston for a wedding and last minute i didnt go despite the fact i had already bought the ticket ... It happens all the time all over the world.

Also years ago I applied for Canada PR just as a back up when i was in the US as a student. After getting i said canada is too cold joor and never used it. Didnt affect nothing when i later went to Canada for holidays

Worse case you can be asked why it wasnt used

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnkay101: 8:00am On Apr 23, 2019
VisiFisiMisi:

Hello Nairaland Family, I have a huge passion in studying in the U.S but financially I'm not okay and it's driving me crazy, I have make researches day and night if there are opportunities or possibly loan i could get and payback. I'm not lazy i would pay back in time but none gave without a cosigner.

The biggest problem I'm having right now is that, It's only me that have interest in this my parent doesn't seems to care about my passion towards this because they believe they don't have the millions and not ready to support my passion

I'm set to take the SAT I've been studying for the exam for the past 4months now but haven't seen any opportunity to register due to financial incapability...

Pls can anyone generous register me for the SAT...I know I might not have anything to reward the person but the God of Favour will favour the person in returns....
I strongly believe, I'll pass the exam with a great grade and qualify for scholarship...

Can you stop spamming this forum with this. It's beginning to get irritating. You post it on almost all the pages.

@justwise

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wolex2090: 8:11am On Apr 23, 2019
K234:
Hey Nairalanders! It's been ages since I've visited this thread but I still remember how a lot of the information shared here was very useful to me during my grad application process and visa interview. In my own way of giving back and lending my support to this platform, I and some of my fellow Nigerian grad students decided to create a platform on facebook for incoming Nigerian grad students to Texas A&M University, College Station. Anyone who has been accepted for the Fall 2019 session can join the group (undergrads are also welcome!!). We will share information with you about housing, jobs on campus, general student life, etc. Feel free to request to join using this link
https://www./2013984848907239/.

If the link doesn't work you can search for the group on facebook "Texas A&M Incoming Nigerian Graduates Students".

Cheers!!!

Good morning,is Gre or Gmat required for graduate program in the school? I will like to apply for agricultural sciences or Economics.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ODAVI(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2019
Hello Guys, Please assist me to review my little concerns

I have been to the embassy twice.

The major rejection was cos my company was sponsoring me.

The first time in Abuja Embassy was alm9ost successful as the VO requested i bring a letter stating how much the company is supporting me with.

However the second time time Abuja, the VO black lady, didn't allow me explained better, the added document. In fact, i spent almost 10 mins to explain to her the letter with the bank statement of 25mill with a turn over of 600millon in 6 months. But she said the statement does not show enough money even thou my first year tuition is 7million

Now, i applied to Babson college for MBA, but was admitted for their CAM program which is a program i did start in spring 2020 and upon completion i am able to apply the credit to the MBA and my GMAT requirement will be waived. NOTE I had 285b in GRE but was low for admission to Babson, while i was admitted by Cleveland state university for Spring 2019 but defer to fall cos i was denied visa and now i also have Wright state university admission for Summer 2019

My worry is, should i wait till spring 2020 and reapply for visa with Babson college a Number 1 private enterprenuer business college in US/Boston or
I reapply for visa this Fall to entreated my CSU (Ohio) which i have been to the embassy with.

Note: I do not want to be seen as jumping from one school to another hence i wanted to maintained same school.

However Babson is top rank school.

Noe:This time i am going with my Uncle account with over 64million balance.

Thanks guys, i anticipate your reactions and valid comments
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 9:38am On Apr 23, 2019
K234:
Hey Nairalanders! It's been ages since I've visited this thread but I still remember how a lot of the information shared here was very useful to me during my grad application process and visa interview. In my own way of giving back and lending my support to this platform, I and some of my fellow Nigerian grad students decided to create a platform on facebook for incoming Nigerian grad students to Texas A&M University, College Station. Anyone who has been accepted for the Fall 2019 session can join the group (undergrads are also welcome!!). We will share information with you about housing, jobs on campus, general student life, etc. Feel free to request to join using this link
https://www./2013984848907239/.

If the link doesn't work you can search for the group on facebook "Texas A&M Incoming Nigerian Graduates Students".

Cheers!!!
Those who haven't been accepted but want To go nko?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 23, 2019
ODAVI:
THANK YOU for taking time to respond. I did seat for the GRE and my score is 285. 145 VERBAL, 138 QUANT and 3.0 Writing. There is no way CSU will admit you without a GRE for MBA.

Also, i didn't get the full MBA program of babson becos of my low GRE/GMAT. The chool sees my potential and that is why they introduced and admitted me to the CAM program.

Interestingly, this program is FULL TIME 9MOTH, and student successfully completion of this program.

BABSON CAM PROGRAM

Fast Track: Earn 9 credits in as little as 1 semester, or take your time and graduate in 3 years.
Flexible Format: Choose classes that match your interests, schedule, and learning preference, including full-time and part-time classes on weekends, evenings, and online.
Stackable: Earn a 3.0 minimum GPA in the CAM program and you may apply your credits toward a future Babson graduate degree, and waive the GMAT requirement for your Babson MBA.
Scholarships Available: A 20% tuition reduction is offered for Babson degree holders, first res-ponders, veterans, and active duty members of the military.
International Student Options: Maintain F-1 visa eligibility by taking either 9 credits in 1 semester or 15 credits in 2 semesters. OPT is available for 2-semester students only.....

Yes, I know about the CAM program at Babson.

But I must inform you that the CAM is not a substitute for an MBA. Employers do not view the CAM certificate the same way they view the MBA. So, you will mostly likely not be recruited for roles that require an MBA. Have that in mind.

If you are taking the CAM so that you can later get the Babson MBA, then that is okay as long as you have the $$ to pay for it.

Though if I may give my ultimate advice, I will advise that you calm down, rewrite the GRE or GMAT, get a better score and join a decent-good MBA program for fall 2020. For instance, the MBA programs at Penn State, ASU and Notre Dame are not elite programs but they may give you more utility than Babson's CAM or even Babson's MBA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chimachil: 9:51am On Apr 23, 2019
International relations is what I want to learn.
fairheart:
And what do you want to learn? Ask specific question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2019
Step 1: Decide when you'll like to begin your undergraduate studies. Spring 2020 or Fall 2020? Look for schools in US states you would like to study. Once you come up with a list of schools, at least 3, check their requirements for admission. If test is required, prepare and write that. If you have questions, ask.

P. S Use this search string to look for schools:
Universities in the US for undergraduate degree in International Relations.
Affordable US schools for International relations
Best universities in the US for undergraduate degree in International Relations.

Chimachil:
International relations is what I want to learn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ODAVI(m): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2019
Thanks.

My aim is to put in for the MBA proper later.. I have had series of interview with this school. Infact i was asked to begin studying and take MBAmath and B speaking ahead of my studies.

As for $$ there are numerous loans that are available and no cosigner.

Do you think the $$ is not worth it?

I will also check out the other schools you suggested.

For me, writing GRE mutiple times does not trill me. I have see people get admitted even with scholarship with sores like this for Masters program. Remember, MBA students hardly get scholarship before arrival. It is mostly GA.

bracelum:

Yes, I know about the CAM program at Babson.

But I must inform you that the CAM is not a substitute for an MBA. Employers do not view the CAM certificate the same way they view the MBA. So, you will mostly likely not be recruited for roles that require an MBA. Have that in mind.

If you are taking the CAM so that you can later get the Babson MBA, then that is okay as long as you have the $$ to pay for it.

Though if I may give my ultimate advice, I will advise that you calm down, rewrite the GRE or GMAT, get a better score and join a decent-good MBA program for fall 2020. For instance, the MBA programs at Penn State, ASU and Notre Dame are not elite programs but they may give you more utility than Babson's CAM or even Babson's MBA.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Stevenssen(m): 10:42am On Apr 23, 2019
Good day, all.
Can you send your GRE scores to schools before you actually apply to them? If yes, how long will they keep the scores for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brainy02: 10:52am On Apr 23, 2019
If admitted without funding or less funding and you hope to augment it with personal funds and also students loan with the personal funds taking the larger percentage.

What chance does this leave one at the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:55am On Apr 23, 2019
brainy02:
If admitted without funding or less funding and you hope to augment it with personal funds and also students loan with the personal funds taking the larger percentage.

What chance does this leave one at the embassy?

No body can predict chances here.... this visa thing , a lot of it is subjective. One thing would work for one person and wont work for another

If this the situation you have on your plate.. work with it. Apply, prepare well and hope for the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chimachil: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2019
I've done all of that. 1: I've decided.. I've looked up for schools & they are Penn State and Bowling green state, choose bgsu over Penn State bc of the tuition fee is quite affordable . I've checked their requirements and I've been admitted. I'm preparing for my interview that will be coming up in few weeks. Been looking for transcripts concerning undergraduate programs in international relations but couldn't find any.
fairheart:
Step 1: Decide when you'll like to begin your undergraduate studies. Spring 2020 or Fall 2020? Look for schools in US states you would like to study. Once you come up with a list of schools, at least 3, check their requirements for admission. If test is required, prepare and write that. If you have questions, ask.

P. S Use this search string to look for schools:
Universities in the US for undergraduate degree in International Relations.
Affordable US schools for International relations
Best universities in the US for undergraduate degree in International Relations.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:18am On Apr 23, 2019
Chai! You should have stated all these in the primary question. You don't need a ready-made interview transcript on International relations; you need to create one for yourself...but let's talk about it.
Chimachil:
I've done all of that. 1: I've decided.. I've looked up for schools & they are Penn State and Bowling green state, choose bgsu over Penn State bc of the tuition fee is quite affordable . I've checked their requirements and I've been admitted. I'm preparing for my interview that will be coming up in few weeks. Been looking for transcripts concerning undergraduate programs in international relations but couldn't find any.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gcodded: 11:19am On Apr 23, 2019
good morning great people of nairaland. please I will like to know if Austin peay state University is a red flag.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chimachil: 11:21am On Apr 23, 2019
I had no idea, I've searched and searched for the transcript but was only seeing transcripts on masters etc, I'd love us to talk about it please, God bless you.
fairheart:
Chai! You should have stated all these in the primary question. You don't need a ready-made interview transcript on International relations; you need to create one for yourself...but let's talk about it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 11:31am On Apr 23, 2019
Gcodded:
good morning great people of nairaland. please I will like to know if Austin peay state University is a red flag.
thanks

After passing through the stress of getting admission and you are asking now? The answer is no, it's not a red flag.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sillysassysally(f): 11:32am On Apr 23, 2019
Hey, no need to get worked up. You will not be refused an F1 sudent visa because you didnt use your B1/B2 visa. Though, the VO might ask you why you haven't used your B1/B2 visa.
Bleuocean:
Hello all, I want to confirm, if is true that if you don't use your US visa, you will be refused next time you apply for visa. I have a valid B1/B2 visa which will expire by March 2020 and I am planning to apply for F1 student visa - will I be refused F1 student visa for not using the other visiting visa first issued to me?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GentleYoung(m): 11:40am On Apr 23, 2019
bracelum:

Hi,

From your experience,

Please I sent you a mail

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by brainy02: 11:41am On Apr 23, 2019
LagosismyHome:

No body can predict chances here.... this visa thing , a lot of it is subjective. One thing would work for one person and wont work for another

If this the situation you have on your plate.. work with it. Apply, prepare well and hope for the best

Thanks for your thoughts.
You are always willing to give a word or two.

I will hope for the best as said!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2019
Please who knows what will happen if I don't have an application with a particular school..but I send my GRE to them anyway?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2019
Kendrix69:
Please who knows what will happen if I don't have an application with a particular school..but I send my GRE to them anyway?

They will keep it with them, i don't know how long though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2019
Nothing will happen. It is advice your GRE score should be sent to a school you are submitting an application for admission. In case you want to send the GRE score ahead of the application, I think you'll have to remind the graduate office to check their office for the score (and give them date it was sent) by the time you file the school application. Do you understand?
Kendrix69:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2019
fairheart:
Nothing will happen. It is advice your GRE score should be sent to a school you are submitting an application for admission. In case you want to send the GRE score ahead of the application, I think you'll have to remind the graduate office to check their office for the score (and give them date it was sent) by the time you file the school application. Do you understand?
Yeah, I understand... I'll just need to inform them that I have sent it before the application and provide details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kendrix69(m): 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2019
Time2win:

They will keep it with them, i don't know how long though.
Okay..thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by stalone001: 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2019
fairheart:
Why did you apply for a visa you will not use to travel in the first place? If the F1 is refused, which may likely be the case, whose fault is that?
Consider that a visa has been issued to you so that you can travel with it. Not using the B1/B2 visa while applying for a different category tantamount to not knowing what you want! VO don't like people who doesn't know what they are doing! I'll advise you use your B1/B2 first, then apply for the F1. However, I'm not a Consular officer...but talking from years of experience smiley

this is not true

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnkay101: 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2019
VisiFisiMisi:

I'm afraid No ,I can't. If only @justwise can ban me from posting. Boom you won't see such post again... That aside i don't think I'm spamming the forum coz ain't posting much of it at once ... Thanks for ur concern

When you get tired, you will stop. Receiving financial help isn't by force and you won't get it by consistently spamming the forum with the post.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnkay101: 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2019
stalone001:
this is not true

The issue has been addressed, please don't start another argument.

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.