Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (412) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792716 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2019
CptCharlesVane:
He did mine...got confirmation within the same day.

Send me his contact.... cool

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2019
JoeBazz:
I sent you a PM bro

Send an email to bracelum@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 26, 2019
tactmayor:
Please guys, I need your inputs regarding my proposed transcript.

Me- Good Morning
VO- Morning, pass me your passport and i20.
VO- Where are you going?
Me- I am going to the University of Toledo for my Masters in Civil Engineering with concentration in Environmental Engineering.
VO- Why US and not Nigeria?
Me- As a future lecturer, achievements are measured mostly by the level of research one has undertaken. There are no active researches being carried out on employing multiomics technologies and bioinformatics to understand the role of microbiota on environmental engineering systems and human health to improve environmental sustainability by professors in Nigerian universities hence why I want to go to the US and undertake this research under the tutelage of Professor Dae-Wook Kang.
VO- What are microbiota?
Me- Microbiota are the micro-organisms of a particular habitat or geological period.

VO- How did you know about this school?
Me- I carried out research on usnews.com and gradcafe, streamlined the search with my research interest in environmental sustainability and UT was among the schools.
VO- How many schools did you apply to?
Me- University of South Florida, Toledo and New Haven.
VO- How many gave you admit?
Me- All gave me admit.
VO- Why this school over others?
Me- I chose the University of Toledo because its college of engineering is the only one of the three schools that requires co-ops for all engineering students. The co-ops will give me the needed practical and industry experience. My decision was also aided by the 50% scholarship I received from the school.
VO- Why this course?
Me- I carried out a research on Gaps in Solid Waste Management: Generation, Collection and Remediation using Akure Metropolis as a case study and discovered that the waste management and remediation systems are poor. Hence, there is need for environmental engineers to develop more efficient management and remediation methods.
VO- What will this course do for you?
Me- The MSc degree in Civil Engineering will give me the required qualification to take up a lecturing job in my alma mata as I finished with a first class grade in my department.
VO- Tell me your study plan
Me- I will take 21 credit hours of coursework and 9 credit hours of thesis. I will take courses like Air Quality Modeling, Environmental Engineering Chemistry etc.
VO- Did you write any test?
Me- Yes, I wrote GRE and had 310.
VO- I can see you have some form of scholarship. How did you get this and who will cover the rest of the tuition and fees?
Me- The scholarship was given on merit based on my GPA and GRE score. My dad will cover the rest of the fees.
VO- What does he do?
Me- He is a businessman and the owner of **** and **** ventures, companies that deal with the sale of pharmaceutical products.

1. How sure are you that they will ask that question? grin grin grin grin

2. Scrap that and give a better answer. You can do co-op or CPT for every US school. Give a more specific reason why you chose your school.

3. This answer works for PhD. Give an industry-related response or tell them it prepares you for a PhD

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hwfwl: 3:24pm On Apr 26, 2019
fairheart:
No...Can you share the messages you're getting with me?

Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "lawalayobamidele@protonmail.com ". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email.

That is what am getting!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 3:33pm On Apr 26, 2019
Please if anyone have a means that I will contact walspring, I will appreciate if he or she will share it here with me.

Please i want the payment to be legit, cause I don’t have the strength to cry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CptCharlesVane: 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2019
Search for walspring on the nairaland search bar, click his name and click send message. He'll respond to your email
jossywayne:

Send me his contact.... cool

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by zolargeo: 4:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Sevis is valid for one year .............So grab a pen and paper

Write down the exact date you paid sevis for example Jan 1 2018
write down the date you are attending your next interview

If it within a year then no need for another sevis , in this example , if it before Dec 31st 2018 Then you dont pay , if the interview is after Jan 1 2019 (one year later) then yes you pay

Thank you... God bless, the analysis is clear.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
jossywayne:
Please if anyone have a means that I will contact walspring, I will appreciate if he or she will share it here with me.

Please i want the payment to be legit, cause I don’t have the strength to cry.
grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bwiizy92(m): 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
mhizposh:
Answers to the following needed pls

1)Is funding guaranteed when an assistant professor asks one to join his research?

2)What's the current appointment wait time at the embassy,any free appointment dates before July?

Lot of spaces available in June and late may at the moment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bwiizy92(m): 4:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
bracelum:

Send an email to bracelum@gmail.com

I mailed you....please reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Allylic(f): 4:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
So good to be back after a long hiatus.
@ deyemzy,you can mail the grad coordinator of the program to notify him/her of the decision to reject their offer and then go ahead to accept the other one..shey they know how to serve rejection letter after the so called April 15 deadline..biko mail them and tell them you will not be attending joor.'what goes around comes around joor'
@ bracelum,fairheart and co..una well done o

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bricke: 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys. Please after filling out the DS-160, which method of payment is advisable for the visa application: online payment or at the bank?

Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
bwiizy92:

I mailed you....please reply

Confirm that you sent it to the right address

bracelum@gmail.com

You can use the copy+paste feature to make sure you are not omitting some letters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 5:15pm On Apr 26, 2019
mhizposh:

1)Is funding guaranteed when an assistant professor asks one to join his research?

2)What's the current appointment wait time at the embassy,any free appointment dates before July?
How can I contact you ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by flairlady(f): 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello.How much does walspring charge for the sevis payment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
Is that your email?
hwfwl:

Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "lawalayobamidele@protonmail.com ". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email.

That is what am getting!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2019
You self welcome o cheesy How are you doing?
Allylic:
So good to be back after a long hiatus.
@ deyemzy,you can mail the grad coordinator of the program to notify him/her of the decision to reject their offer and then go ahead to accept the other one..shey they know how to serve rejection letter after the so called April 15 deadline..biko mail them and tell them you will not be attending joor.'what goes around comes around joor'
@ bracelum,fairheart and co..una well done o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hwfwl: 6:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
fairheart:
Is that your email?

That's not my email, I haven't even seen the email before. my own email is hwfwl101@gmail.com.
The whole thing confuses me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2019
Bricke:
Hi guys. Please after filling out the DS-160, which method of payment is advisable for the visa application: online payment or at the bank?

Thank you!
Enter any GT bank branch. They'd put you through.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
Kindly use the feedback option as instructed. Someone must have entered your information in the system.
hwfwl:

That's not my email, I haven't even seen the email before. my own email is hwfwl101@gmail.com.
The whole thing confuses me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wolex2090: 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2019
Good evening everyone,please I need a school in the US that doesn't require Gre or Gmat..for masters in Agricultural science o Economics. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Allylic(f): 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2019
fairheart:
You self welcome o cheesy How are you doing?
I am good oo.You?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by blingz09: 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2019
please I'm an observer here and also have learnt a lot following the trend but I need a help. I don't know if I can get anyone to help with statement of account for my i20 or any way to go about it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by misstemi2(f): 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello guys! Please I have a friend with a B.Eng and MSC in Mechanical engineering, he applied in to Texas Tech Uni for a PhD in Mechanical engineering but got rejected. He later got an offer from the grad school to accept a M. Eng. (non thesis) program in Interdisciplinary engineering which he already accepted. How will he defend this at the embassy? Would it be considered a red flag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 7:39pm On Apr 26, 2019
misstemi2:
Hello guys! Please I have a friend with a B.Eng and MSC in Mechanical engineering, he applied in to Texas Tech Uni for a PhD in Mechanical engineering but got rejected. He later got an offer from the grad school to accept a M. Eng. (non thesis) program in Interdisciplinary engineering which he already accepted. How will he defend this at the embassy? Would it be considered a red flag?
Which school did he get into? If he has plans to pursue a doctorate degree sometimes later, he should drop that "non thesis" admission and focus on the application proper. Also, he has a masters degree already and that won't help his visa application cos I absolutely can't place how he's going to defend his ambition for a second master degree. However, no one can accurately predict visa approval chances here, if he's a desperate fellow, let him go and try his luck and if things doesn't work out, he should grab his paddle and be ready to sail through the waters all over.
Best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
mhizposh:

There is an NCAT WhatsApp group if you’d like to join.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by misstemi2(f): 8:23pm On Apr 26, 2019
Johnolukolade:

Which school did he get into? If he has plans to pursue a doctorate degree sometimes later, he should drop that "non thesis" admission and focus on the application proper. Also, he has a masters degree already and that won't help his visa application cos I absolutely can't place how he's going to defend his ambition for a second master degree. However, no one can accurately predict visa approval chances here, if he's a desperate fellow, let him go and try his luck and if things doesn't work out, he should grab his paddle and be ready to sail through the waters all over.
Best.
Thanks for your apt response. He was offered an Msc prog in the same school he applied into for PhD (Texas tech). I will tell him to wait till next cycle.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wolex2090: 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
Good evening everyone,please I need a school in the US that doesn't require Gre or Gmat..for masters in Agricultural science or Economics please. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
TheZed:
There is an NCAT WhatsApp group if you’d like to join.

What is NCAT pls? What's it all about?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TheZed(m): 9:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
ProYouWebsiteUK:

What is NCAT pls? What's it all about?
North Carolina A&t
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2019
TheZed:
North Carolina A&t

OK

(1) (2) (3) ... (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.