Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,208 members, 7,780,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (783892 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:47pm On May 06, 2019
Brown2Green:

Non-accredited schools will be issued visa is what you mean?

I don't agree with you in this.

There are red flagged schools and Lincoln University is one of them.

There are two Lincoln university so please be more specific cheesy....

Lincoln University in Pa.....(the HBCU is alright) .

The other Lincoln University Oakland, i never heard of it , only on nairaland post

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 9:53pm On May 06, 2019
Finally I got my Sevis fee paid through Mr. Walspring, under 12 hours the payment got reflected on my I-901 portal.

All hail Walspring!!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 10:10pm On May 06, 2019
fcnaxo:
Hi guys my Visa was denied today.... I wouldn’t still blasphem cos errytin happens for a reason luckily I know the reason why it was denied.All questions asked was answered with tailored answer. She type for a long time then asked me for my statement of account. As the Devil wud have it my dad had withdrawn a substantial amount from the account for his business. So the balance was exactly my school fees. Before then she had dropped my passport in a box below.The moment she asked for my SOA I knew I was in trouble. She kept doing the conversion and comparing with the amount on my 1-20. She did this for about 8minutes. Shook her head picked up my passport and returned it with the Regular yellow paper with the normal Line that follows it.

Which embassy is that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 10:11pm On May 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

The other Lincoln University Oakland, i never heard of it , only on nairaland post

Yes. Some v.o might confuse the two and approve visa for the one in Oakland lol. It's confusing atimes grin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fcnaxo: 10:14pm On May 06, 2019
jossywayne:

Which embassy is that?
Lag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:14pm On May 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Lol
I cracked a bit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:16pm On May 06, 2019
Time2win:

Yes. Some v.o might confuse the two and approve visa for the one in Oakland lol. It's confusing atimes grin

Lol
Plz don't kill me with laugh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:18pm On May 06, 2019
Time2win:

Chei.... It so annoying.. i didnt even know its possible for two universities to have such similar names. Usually in business its not allowed

Brown2Green:

Lol
I cracked a bit
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:37pm On May 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Chei.... It so annoying.. i didnt even know its possible for two universities to have such similar names. Usually in business its not allowed

cheesy grin

Imagine one Lincoln is regarded as an Ivy while the other one was almost unranked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wolex2090: 10:41pm On May 06, 2019
Merico96:
Hello house
I got undergraduate admission to study computer science at Ashland university Ohio. My uncle will be the sponsor. I want to know the necessary funding documents needed for visa and what I should do in applying for the visa so I don't make mistakes
The sponsor himself lives in USA.
Please,how long does it take to grant admission at Ashland and have you seen people granted visa with the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ctemi(f): 10:47pm On May 06, 2019
fairheart:
If you have filled the form before and have previously schedule an interview date, kindly go to the appointment booking cite and on your left pane, you will see option to reschedule there. And you don't need to fill another DSFORM. Hope that helps. Best!

Thank, what about uploading the passport photo, I do I upload it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:50pm On May 06, 2019
If you have filled the dsform and submitted one before you schedule the appointment you intend to reschedule, you do not need to fill another dsform or upload a photo. You know what? PM and let me see what you are trying to resolve.
Ctemi:

Thank, what about uploading the passport photo, I do I upload it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by afeezzezo: 11:00pm On May 06, 2019
beejhay69:
what discipline?
beep my digits if ur going for MBA.
Boss abeg check your mail
Yes im going for mba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by afeezzezo: 11:06pm On May 06, 2019
fairheart:
Write your own! You are supposed to write your own, or pay someone to do it for according to your career goals, academic plans, etc.
Oh thanks bruh

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:10pm On May 06, 2019
What program are you going for?
afeezzezo:

Oh thanks bruh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Merico96: 11:15pm On May 06, 2019
It took few months for my admission to show up
wolex2090:

Please,how long does it take to grant admission at Ashland and have you seen people granted visa with the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beekorly(f): 11:22pm On May 06, 2019
ToluwalekeA:
Visa approved today. will share transcript soon.

Note: the VO denied all students with no GRE exam. Atleast i could count 6 before me. pls kindly do GRE even if u did not do well.my friend had 278 and his bisa was approved though we both have GA that waived tuition with stipends. No bank statement required. Wish everybody success. Thank you nairaland. i used nairaland for my Visa to the UK and now the US. am grateful to everybody. cheers.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by greatkingdavid: 12:50am On May 07, 2019
I keep seeing conversations centered around masters and PhD. Please is there no one going for a short course?
Are Visas easily approved for people attending short courses?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 2:02am On May 07, 2019
greatkingdavid:
I keep seeing conversations centered around masters and PhD. Please is there no one going for a short course?
Are Visas easily approved for people attending short courses?

Short course visa Like Vocational?

That's are not too common.

All that matters is how prepared you're. Answer the questions and impress the VO then you got no worries.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 2:04am On May 07, 2019
Beekorly:

Congratulations.

BTW, while filling your DS-160 form, what did you put in the who's sponsoring your trip column?
I don't think there is any need congratulating those guys anymore until they drop their transcript.

Are they waiting to be cajoled?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by trinity19: 5:15am On May 07, 2019
Hello friends..please anybody currently studying at siue pm me please,need urgent assistance..thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:41am On May 07, 2019
Brown2Green:

I don't think there is any need congratulating those guys anymore until they drop their transcript.

Are they waiting to be cajoled?

Patience is a virtue .....

Some people wait to have their passport in their hand before sharing a transcript .

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 6:44am On May 07, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Patience is a virtue .....

Some people wait to have their passport in their hand before sharing a transcript .

You made a valid point

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Shehuroj: 7:12am On May 07, 2019
I just got my I-20 form yesterday afternoon, and behold, it was only F-1 that was sent for me alone no F-2. Seems God has answered my prayer. When I asked for the reason F-2 for my dependents were not sent, she said she was sorry, it was a mistake. She then requested for another attestation with my sponsor stating that he will sponsor my family too, statement of account with the required amount.
I just told her not to bother again as time is no more on my side, I will do theirs later.
Please, what is the next step? Should I pay the visa fee and sevis together same day and book for my visa interview? Where will I fill the DS-160 form (link)?
Thanks for your advice on going alone instead of going with the family.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 7:16am On May 07, 2019
Shehuroj:
I just got my I-20 form yesterday afternoon, and behold, it was only F-1 that was sent for me alone no F-2. Seems God has answered my prayer. When I asked for the reason F-2 for my dependents were not sent, she said she was sorry, it was a mistake. She then requested for another attestation with my sponsor stating that he will sponsor my family too, statement of account with the required amount.
I just told her not to bother again as time is no more on my side, I will do theirs later.
Please, what is the next step? Should I pay the visa fee and sevis together same day and book for my visa interview? Where will I fill the DS-160 form (link)?

Pay for your sevis, pay for visa fee, fill ds 160 form and book your appointment. You must not do all same day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 7:17am On May 07, 2019
Shehuroj:

Happy for you man.
The next thing is to pay for Sevis using the Sevis number on your I20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by afeezzezo: 7:49am On May 07, 2019
fairheart:
What program are you going for?
Masters in forensic accounting!
I need help on how to go about it
I am yet to start anything tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ubigurl: 9:18am On May 07, 2019
Ctemi:
Hello my people, pls how can I reschedule visa interview appointment within 72hours for student? My brother was supposed to be interviewed today but was turn back because he do not upload his passport photo on d DS-160 form.
Thanks

your brother would have gone to the cafe and uploaded it,it happened to my mother inlaw last week and we just went to the cafe at the lagos visa office and refilled a new form and uploaded the passport and they went back in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by toluene1234: 9:25am On May 07, 2019
Good day house,

My Sevis fee payment is expected to be made today, please after the payment, what will be the nxt step to booking a visa interview?
I will appreciate step by step instructions.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ubigurl: 9:40am On May 07, 2019
goodmorning fam,please and please i got admission and working on my visa interview and i need to work on my home ties,i have two kids that were born in the USA im considering telling the VO that intend leaving them behind and they can always visit when they are on break,do you think its strong enough for a home tie? and my husband will stay back too because of work.(even if we change our minds tomorrow it wont be an issue because they already hav their us passport and wont need the f2 visa).We also plan on taking some documents of the landed properties we have just to show the strong ties at home,is it also strong enough?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TokeOlawunmi: 9:45am On May 07, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please can I take the same SOA I used when submitting the I20 to the embassy or do I need to get a more recent version. I am new to all this.

Please assist.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 9:50am On May 07, 2019
TokeOlawunmi:
Hello everyone,

Please can I take the same SOA I used when submitting the I20 to the embassy or do I need to get a more recent version. I am new to all this.

Please assist.

Thank you
replied ur mail.
Check to follow up.
thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.