Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (791291 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bolisticbond026: 4:48am On Sep 11, 2018
Abacino007:
Good day house,

Pls I need your suggestions on this. what are the things I can submit to help my application stand out for funding decision making aside test scores and SOP. The graduate coordinator said I should submit what ever I think will make I file outstanding.

Pls I need ideas �

To standout from others during admission application is to use other supporting documents such as trainings,seminals attended,professional certifications,extra curricular activities.What i did during my application is to use my strength to my advantage because i have years of experience in both IT and Telecoms industry couple with professional certifications.
Like i actually tell pple,admission in US is all about smartness and packing ur application to stand out from others.I hope this helps buddy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vicktohcsula: 8:26am On Sep 11, 2018
Any one going to or already enrolled in CUSLB?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by enoch273: 8:26am On Sep 11, 2018
meritdee:

Lol, you still report here. It’s always good to give back to the community.

I was here too. smiley

Good day sir, pls I am very interested in MS University, ls can you help me with the cost of their tuition fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kinfinity007: 8:33am On Sep 11, 2018
I jus got an offer for a graduate pathway program in Marshall University, anybody going there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 8:33am On Sep 11, 2018
Anyone received acceptance letter via postal service. How long does it take to reach Lagos. I got accepted into a University but they sent my Admission letter via postal service. I don't know when to expect it because it does not have a tracking number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 8:35am On Sep 11, 2018
Kinfinity007:
I jus got an offer for a graduate pathway program in Marshall University, anybody going there?

Bro. You had 4.01... Why Pathway?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ijaola(m): 9:34am On Sep 11, 2018
Thanks so much. I will think about it. My current plan is to apply for coming spring. I will have to take GRE or GMAT for Ph.D program.

Will research on this and see how it goes.

Thanks

Ijaola

Ubah1:

If you are reapplying anytime soon, let's say for spring 2019. Just work on your answers and continue with nursing line since they have your details and record of the answers you gave them in your last interview. But if you plan to reapply for fall 2019 or 2020, you can change to any course related to your undergraduate or present work. Changing course so soon won't speak so well of you and will present you as a confused being that doesnt know what he wants, who is looking for ways to immigrate.

So you have to sit down and think over it, then make a decision. They might ask you why you changed from nursing to your new course maybe PhD Accounting incase you decide to change course, so Prepare a good answer for that. If you have a good profile, apply for PhD, most PhD programs in USA doesn't require masters and 90% are funded. The choice is yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by NigPatriot(m): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2018
sureb0yy:
Just checking in. Hope everyone's doing ok. Looking at transcripts on here it's sad to see how people have abused the freedom students used to enjoy. Back in the day, US Embassies hardly bothered with documents. Just go there and speak truthfully, intelligently with a clear-cut plan for your future and you're most likely going to get your visa. What a shame.

I'm shocked to see the number of "admistrative processing" cases. The mistake many prospective/current students make is the inability to think for themselves and/or think outside the box. Taking horrible advice and just making irrational decisions and hoping for the best.

My eyes have opened to so many things in a little over 2 years. Things I really wish I knew before leaving Naija. Some low-key career-paths where you'll make a fortune and be set up for life. Writing this is almost making me angry sef.

For those who just arrived here and others planning to come, don't come and waste 2 years of your life on nonsense o. There are multiple paths to the market. Don't let anyone tell you their way is the only way. Stay informed and think outside the box. In two years, while your mates are running up and down looking for the jobs their grandfathers did not keep for them here, you'll be using employers to do shakara, with multiple options available to you.

whats the way forward then?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 10:15am On Sep 11, 2018
Geetee111:
Hello everyone

I have a female friend in West Virginia, she has promised to help me get admitted in to West Virginia University. Which is about 1hr drive from her place, if eventually i get admitted what should be my next move ?

I have National Diploma in computer science

Please i need someone to help out.

Is she a student of west virginia university? I am seeking for tuition waiver and wouldn't mind speaking with a student from there. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Geetee111(m): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2018
AmaSophy:

Is she a student of west virginia university? I am seeking for tuition waiver and wouldn't mind speaking with a student from there. Thank you.

No she is not
Do you have any useful information for me ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
thanks
Bolisticbond026:

To standout from others during admission application is to use other supporting documents such as trainings,seminals attended,professional certifications,extra curricular activities.What i did during my application is to use my strength to my advantage because i have years of experience in both IT and Telecoms industry couple with professional certifications.
Like i actually tell pple,admission in US is all about smartness and packing ur application to stand out from others.I hope this helps buddy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Aseed: 1:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
good day my fellow seekers

please i seriously need help on paying the sevis fees
as my visa interview is closeby

would really appreciate any form of assistance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hello Team,

I am applying for a scholarship in my school and I need to see a sample of personal essay from anyone who had gone through same process successfully.

They requested for a 1-paged personal essay and 1-paged resume. I need help on a quality written sample please..

Please send to my email: amakasophia68@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by teefolz: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by harriseen(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hello good people of Nairaland. Great work you guys are doing here. Pls my interview is next week and I got a problem. My sponsor is out of the country on a business trip and may not be back before my interview to make a request for a fresh SOA at the bank. I, however, have one dated August 09. Pls would this be suitable.

Help a brother pls.

Thanks in advance!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
have you applied now

AmaSophy:

How can I possibly book when I do not have my 1-20 yet. What if I get an earlier date? It's sometimes shuffled o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hi If you have HND. Please evaluate it directly as it is equivalent to a Bsc in the US. For instance HND Computer Science is equivalent to Bsc Computer Science Technology in the US. You can use GCE evaluators Texas. Use standard option and they most times complete evaulation in less than 3 days. This is my foremost experience.

GboyegaD:

If you have an HND degree why go for another undergraduate? I would suggest you apply directly into a graduate program in Electrical that you want and find maybe an area of interest where Civil intersects with Elect so that way, you are advancing your knowledge in a multidisciplinary field.

Applying to more than one university only increases your chances of getting admission. Knowing that programs are generally competitive, you are not guaranteed a place in a particular program and that is why the VOs uses that as a signal to know if one is a genuine student or one's intention is to use the Visa as a means of running away from our country. That said, there are cases where you think you can compete strongly in a particular school and what you realize is that you do not get in while some other schools that you feel you are not competitive enough gives you admission. I would suggest at least 3 schools with one of them being a safety school at least.

Agents are most times not sincere depending on what type of agency they are and in some cases, their perception of you. They have their interest to protect which could either be making as much money as they can from you without any compensating benefit or improving their agency by guiding students properly. It isn't an easy process doing it yourself however, there is more to learn if you do it yourself and that way, you can take responsibility for the success or otherwise of your application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Beblessedbaba: 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
wow nice one. congrats

aduku1:
With a school fees of $49k and I got funding of 30k dollars....if I am able to pay the remaining balance, can one survive and hussle for living expenses while in the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aduku1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Timotee:

Do you have funds for this semester alone? Or do you have funds for the full duration of your programme? If you have funds for the full programme duration, then you can look for/apply for a graduate assistantship position which will pay you a monthly stipend that can cover your living expenses. However, if you have funds for only this semester, then even with a graduate assistantship job, you still won't be able to complete your tuition and fees. On the other hand, you can still contact your school to inquire if there are other available funding options available to you. You never know. A friend of mine who got admitted to a masters programme in a private school some years back with a cost of attendance of $65k was given a $40k scholarship. She contacted the school as she still couldn't afford the remaining $25k. She was eventually offered an additional $15k to make a total of $55k. Another guy who also tried same didn't get anything. Moral of the story is that you never know until you try.

I
Bro...I mean my sponsor have agreed to pay the remaining 20k tuition fee...now my question is that can I survive (living expenses e.g rent and food)while doing on campus job?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aduku1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
mike1994reds:

Don't even contemplate it, it can't work. Paying for school by working would work if you are in a community college or something, they are way cheaper than $19k

o...I mean my sponsor have agreed to pay the remaining 19k tuition fee...now my question is that can I survive (living expenses e.g rent and food)while doing on campus job?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Noblefresh: 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hello house,
Hello great gurus in the house,
Had my interview last month and was placed on AP(abj embassy) my interview went well and the VO collected my passport. A week after while tracking my passport my satus changed from AP to Refused.

Hence,I got my passport at Dhl office(VI) a week after, they attached two slips paper:
1. Pink deny paper 214b
2. Section 212(a)(6)(C)(I)-for fraud and misrepresentation of material fact. With a pen indicating FAKE BANK DOCUMENTS

I later confirmed from my uncle the bank statement was not genuine that he paid someone to arrange it,from recent trends here I want to confirm how I will know if am banned already,coz the slips they gave me didn’t indicate the years I duration for my ban,how will I get to know if I am ban and how soon can I reapply ?

Please great gurus in the house,kindly assist with legit info ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2018
Noblefresh:
Hello house,
Hello great gurus in the house,
Had my interview last month and was placed on AP(abj embassy) my interview went well and the VO collected my passport. A week after while tracking my passport my satus changed from AP to Refused.

Hence,I got my passport at Dhl office(VI) a week after, they attached two slips paper:
1. Pink deny paper 214b
2. Section 212(a)(6)(C)(I)-for fraud and misrepresentation of material fact. With a pen indicating FAKE BANK DOCUMENTS

I later confirmed from my uncle the bank statement was not genuine that he paid someone to arrange it,from recent trends here I want to confirm how I will know if am banned already,coz the slips they gave me didn’t indicate the years I duration for my ban,how will I get to know if I am ban and how soon can I reapply ?

Please great gurus in the house,kindly assist with legit info ?
Your uncle need beating, he has truncated your USA dream with a 10years ban

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chidinma1984: 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hello Nairalanders. Hope you are all doing great. I'm really in a confused state right now and need advice. I went for my interview at the embassy and was told that the school has to issue me another I-20 admission letter because the date stated on the current one shows the school has resumed for the semester. Few weeks later I received a mail that my passport was ready for pick up but surprised because my application was still under administrative processing.The school has accepted to send me another but my question is, should i drop off the passport and new I-20 at the Dhl office where it was collected or do i have to schedule another interview( pay another Visa fee)? Thank you in advance.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2018
aduku1:

I
Bro...I mean my sponsor have agreed to pay the remaining 20k tuition fee...now my question is that can I survive (living expenses e.g rent and food)while doing on campus job?

You have to be realistic here. Has your sponsor agreed to pay the remaining $20k in principle or is the money actually available to you? There are many people who have been failed by their 'sponsors', and trust me, you don't want to be in that shoe. The US is very different from Nigeria in terms of social support. It can be brutal. If you're extremely sure that your sponsor will pay the money, then you can give it a shot. Inquire with your department or school about the possibility of getting a graduate assistantship before you leave Nigeria. Getting the graduate assistantship will be key to your survival. In some schools, graduate assistantship is not too difficult to get, while it's very difficult to get in other schools. Also, after your first semester, you can consider transferring to a cheaper school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Chidinma1984:
Hello Nairalanders. Hope you are all doing great. I'm really in a confused state right now and need advice. I went for my interview at the embassy and was told that the school has to issue me another I-20 admission letter because the date stated on the current one shows the school has resumed for the semester. Few weeks later I received a mail that my passport was ready for pick up but surprised because my application was still under administrative processing.The school has accepted to send me another but my question is, should i drop off the passport and new I-20 at the Dhl office where it was collected or do i have to schedule another interview( pay another Visa fee)? Thank you in advance.

If I understand you correctly, your visa was approved despite them asking you to get an updated form I-20, correct? If that is the case, it isn't much of a dilemma. Clarify (call or email) from the embassy to inquire whether you are still required to send the updated form I-20. They will let you know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Noblefresh: 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Libber:

Your uncle need beating, he has truncated your USA dream with a 10years ban

Ok thanks
It’s sad
But life goes on
can I opt for other countries like Canada,Germany Australia or NZ ?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lolokike: 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
sureb0yy:

Lol. Do you genuinely believe the Embassy has a blacklist AND there's someone on here who has access to that blacklist? See, if you have the qualification and you wanna go to the school, apply there and go get your visa.

Believe!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sanphem: 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
Good day Nairalanders,

I have consistently followed this page and I find it so informative. Thank you guys for your dedication.

I am currently undertaking a Masters in South Africa but just applied to study another masters at the University of Texas at El Paso (the same course but different area of specialization).

May I know if my sponsor's Nigeria bank account statement can be used to apply for my visa here in South Africa?. Does it appears safe to apply in South Africa or Nigeria. Thank you as I will need guru's guidance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jelmusboy(m): 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Yes, it is suitable
harriseen:
Hello good people of Nairaland. Great work you guys are doing here. Pls my interview is next week and I got a problem. My sponsor is out of the country on a business trip and may not be back before my interview to make a request for a fresh SOA at the bank. I, however, have one dated August 09. Pls would this be suitable.

Help a brother pls.

Thanks in advance!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Juzzywezzy(m): 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
sanphem:
Good day Nairalanders,

I have consistently followed this page and I find it so informative. Thank you guys for your dedication.

I am currently undertaking a Masters in South Africa but just applied to study another masters at the University of Texas at El Paso (the same course but different area of specialization).

May I know if my sponsor's Nigeria bank account statement can be used to apply for my visa here in South Africa?. Does it appears safe to apply in South Africa or Nigeria. Thank you as I will need guru's guidance.

I believe you will have a better chance applying from Nigeria, since you have a sponsor in Nigeria and a bank statement originating from a Nig bank.
All the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2018
What's the cheapest method to receive I-20 from my school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by biggeorge700(m): 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
biggeorge700:
to GOD be the Glory!
(Lagos Embassy, August 14th, 6:30am)
visa issued the following day.

me: Hello, how are you?
vo; pass me your passport and i20 (i did)
vo; what course are you going to study?
me;Master of Science in Healthcare Management
vo; where?
me; Atlantis University, Miami, Florida
vo; why are you going to study this course?
me; the deplorable condition of the healthcare system in nigeria has left nothing else to desire which explains.. (vo cuts in; i dont need you to tell me that, i need you to tell me what this course will do for you)..ok, the program will instruct me on the theories and practices of the modern healthcare management environment and prepare me to be able to plan, lead, control, organize, and evaluate quality improvement initiatives in our healthcare industry such that when i return, i'll be able to contribute largely to the reshaping and revolutionizing of the outdated and poor business models put into use in our healthcare industry in nigeria thereby improving public health
vo; why did you choose the school?
me; there are lots of reasons but i'll briefly mention about ten (she looked up scared and was like whaaat) no i dont need you to tell me ten, just tell me the top three..ok i wont talk about the various accreditations, approvals and recognitions, now, atlantis university offers me a curriculum where i'll get community experience which will help me to translate the knowledge gained in class to a real life experience and not just that, having learnt, having exposed and familiarized myself with the US healthcare system, i'll be able to contribute to the nigeria healthcare system on my return. also, financial implication, atlantis university is affordable as i'll be paying 6722$ per semester. the school has a central philosophy of small class size which facilitates a beautiful learning experience. Also entrepreneurial approach in their programs, case study analysis and simulations, hands on learning, field experiment experience which is what i analyzed earlier and also, multicultural diversity as the school offers lectures in english and spanish so i believe i'll learn spanish (she raised her head and nodded, and said oh spanish, i repeated, yes, spanish. then she sipped some more coffee i guess and got back to her typing)
vo; did you apply to other schools?
me; yes
vo; name them
me; Parks university, parksville, missouri, Westcliff university, irvine, california, Atlantis university, miami, florida
vo; so why atlantis over the others?
me; atlantis offered me master of science in healthcare management compared to the master of business administration in concentration to healthcare management offered by Westcliff. and master of science in healthcare management is the only business program in the world that can harness the reputation, resources and experience of the healthcare industry.
vo; did you take any standardized test?
me; yes. GRE, 311.5, TOEFL, 104
vo; what are you doing currently
me; i work as a histologist at Chronox laboratory owned by Dr. James Olumide Ashaolu who is the first scientist in the world to use bats for simulated microgravity.
vo; who's sponsoring?
me; my mum
vo; what does she do?
me; she is the principal accounting officer for osun state ministry of finance
vo; do you have her soa?
me; of course (passed it to her)
vo; (looked, calculated, typed, flipped through, then asked) does she have any side business?
me; yes, she owns three event halls (i wanted to explain what event hall is and she said she knows, then she returned the soa to me after she was done with it)
vo; have you ever travelled out of the country?
me; i've never had any reason to
vo; are you single or married?
me; single
vo; any kids?
me; hahaha i'm single, so, no kids
vo; (typed and typed and typed, and i was saying HOLY SPIRIT take over, HOLY SPIRIT take over) your visa is approved
me; sorry?
vo; your visa is approved
me; thank you.
vo; pick up your passport in three working days at isolo and at the port of entry you'll need your i20
me; say that again
vo; (she explained again)
me; ok thank you. (and then i left beaming with smile saying JESUS, I GOT IT! then i left)

now a day prior to my interview, i came across a link posted in part 13 of this forum about what vos wish applicants knew, i held onto two.
1. the more the documents you bring to the interview, the less truthful you occur to them, the less documents you come with, the more original you likely are.
2. vos likes complicated stories THAT MAKES SENSE although the stories might not be completely honest, but as an intending STUDENT, you have to make a whole lot of sense.
Also, all through my interview, the vo never smiled, she didnt even reply my hello how are you which was enough to dampen my courage, but NOPE!
then confidence, it doesnt come from imagining it, it comes from lots and lots of preps and researches and readings. if you are well prepared, your courage will be boosted. days and nights, i read and read, especially on here, then practices after the agent i contracted had prepared me with series of mocks
Now wait for it, GOD! i told my mum, please pray, my dad, my babe, then myself. GOD's role here can't be overstated!
i had been denied once (june 27th) cuz i wasnt well prepared i guess, but then, the agent i contracted said to me, lets do it one more time (not all of them are bad after all).

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.