Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792794 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by shogunley: 5:40pm On May 14, 2019
You mean we fill the sponsor's details?
fairheart:
Elaborate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gloriouscrown: 5:44pm On May 14, 2019
Thanks I appreciate. So he can only come see me with a visit visa and he must return?
Brown2Green:

Its not possible .
But nothing is impossible.
So I would say it is not realistic.
Your child can accompany you but not your husband.

What will he be doing there?
Why is he following you since you will be back to Nigeria after your degree?
Who will fend for you guys over there?
What does your Husband do currently to earn a living and why would he quit to follow you?

So you see?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Okeyogwo: 5:46pm On May 14, 2019
Good afternoon friends

Please i just made my SEVIS fee today being Tuesday 14th May and my Visa interview is scheduled to hold on Monday 20th May.
I want to know whether I am in order. Will my evidence of payment be able to reflect at embassy in time before my interview date, or should I reschedule for another appointment date. If am to reschedule for an appointment, is there any possibility of doing that since 20th is close.

Please friends I need urgent assistance and advice on what exactly to do at this point.
Kendrix69:

Ask the school, I am an HND too, when I asked some schools says yes, some said no, some even said they would need both angry angry....so ask the graduate school or department you are applying to
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gloriouscrown: 5:47pm On May 14, 2019
[quote author=fairheart post=78388276]
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 5:47pm On May 14, 2019
ubigurl:
good afternoon everyone,im here again oo please i just received my i-20 form from ups(finally after the long wait) and trying to pay for my sevis fee and on their page is stated that they can only accept money order,check or western union? is that the only way i can pay? and one more question please,my husband works here and intends to only visit while im schooling and has a running b1/b2 visa to expire january 2020 do you think i should apply an f2 visa for him while applying for my f1? or should he just keep renewing his b1/b2 visa whenever it expires? please help a sister

U have to search @walspring he paid my Sevis fee last week and it reflected on my
I-901 portal under 5 hours after payment.

You can also visit
www.sevisexpress.com
For your Sevis fee payment.

Both of Them are reliable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 6:08pm On May 14, 2019
Gloriouscrown:
Thanks I appreciate. So he can only come see me with a visit visa and he must return?

He can come see you with an F2 Visa and as long as you're in status, he'll be too.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 6:30pm On May 14, 2019
Okeyogwo:
Good afternoon friends

Please i just made my SEVIS fee today being Tuesday 14th May and my Visa interview is scheduled to hold on Monday 20th May.
I want to know whether I am in order. Will my evidence of payment be able to reflect at embassy in time before my interview date, or should I reschedule for another appointment date. If am to reschedule for an appointment, is there any possibility of doing that since 20th is close.

Please friends I need urgent assistance and advice on what exactly to do at this point.

Yes, you're fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OLANITEAyodeji1: 6:45pm On May 14, 2019
Good day every1 dis my first tym posting on nairaland...pls I need ur contributions in vettin dis visa transcript
VO : good morning
me: good morning
VO : pass me ur passport nd I20
VO : why are u going to the US?
Me : I am going for my master's degree in electrical engineering at PVAMU
VO : why pvamu ?
Me : I choose pvamu because they offer power system nd control concentration in electrical engineering.
VO : why electrical engineering ?
Me : I already av a background knowledge in elect/elect engineering nd will like to build on dat also due to my related work experience..I repair control panels nd lastly my love for electricity.
VO :When do u graduate
me : may 2016
Others...loading undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by emhenzy: 7:02pm On May 14, 2019
Do you have any relatives in America? Has anybody answered yes to this question before and got approved?
Don’t know if it’s a good idea to state it that I’ve a sibling in America

Note: 1)Migrated with F1 visa and later got PR with spouse
2)I was recently denied (2nd app)after the VO asked me what significant difference i made on my application
3) My first interview I was given 221g form and asked to submit SOA of parents but was denied after submission
4) My answer to Note 2 was that I used my sponsors savings account opposed to the current account I initially used when I was given the 221g
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sillysassysally(f): 7:02pm On May 14, 2019
"Before you question someone's ambition, remember that not everyone defines success the way you do"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by emhenzy: 7:04pm On May 14, 2019
You should add research related responses on the Why PVAMU and why electrical engineering. I believe the VO sees that as a major reason for having a PG degree

OLANITEAyodeji1:
Good day every1 dis my first tym posting on nairaland...pls I need ur contributions in vettin dis visa transcript
VO : good morning
me: good morning
VO : pass me ur passport nd I20
VO : why are u going to the US?
Me : I am going for my master's degree in electrical engineering at PVAMU
VO : why pvamu ?
Me : I choose pvamu because they offer power system nd control concentration in electrical engineering.
VO : why electrical engineering ?
Me : I already av a background knowledge in elect/elect engineering nd will like to build on dat also due to my related work experience..I repair control panels nd lastly my love for electricity.
VO :When do u graduate
me : may 2016
Others...loading undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OLANITEAyodeji1: 7:10pm On May 14, 2019
Contd...
VO : what av u been doing since den?
me :immediately after my graduation I worked with my uncle who's also my sponsor for appx. 6 month den I went for my NYSC NOV 2016 till NOV 2017 were I was posted to xyz company and after my service year I was staffed...nd that were I am till nw.
Vo :who is ur sponsor?
Me : my uncle
Vo : what does he do ?
Me : he is into building construction
VO : can I see his SOA
me : here it is
Vo : what will dis program do 4 u ?
Me : due to my related work experience to dis intended program it will b a great leap for me into design in power engineering field .
VO : wat ur plan after obtaining dis degree
me : I plan coming back to Nigeria nd working with any power automation companies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OLANITEAyodeji1: 7:14pm On May 14, 2019
emhenzy:
You should add research related responses on the Why PVAMU and why electrical engineering. I believe the VO sees that as a major reason for having a PG degree

I will work on dat ..thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Chidon360: 7:28pm On May 14, 2019
Any one here going to University of New Heaven? Or studying there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by beejhay69: 8:16pm On May 14, 2019
Chidon360:
Any one here going to University of New Heaven? Or studying there?
Got a friend there. could link u up with her if in need.
Bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by martinz1: 8:24pm On May 14, 2019
hello everybody, please must i have the Form I-20 before i apply online for f1 visa, i got admission last year but differed for some reasons now the will son give me another admission , by july
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lalavita: 8:28pm On May 14, 2019
I would advocate being truthful. Remember that you submit your parents’ names in your forms and their database may match you and your sibling especially as he/she went through the F1 process.

People with relatives in the US get approved while some get denied. There are no guarantees either way.

emhenzy:
Do you have any relatives in America? Has anybody answered yes to this question before and got approved?
Don’t know if it’s a good idea to state it that I’ve a sibling in America

Note: 1)Migrated with F1 visa and later got PR with spouse
2)I was recently denied (2nd app)after the VO asked me what significant difference i made on my application
3) My first interview I was given 221g form and asked to submit SOA of parents but was denied after submission
4) My answer to Note 2 was that I used my sponsors savings account opposed to the current account I initially used when I was given the 221g

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tboy47(m): 8:40pm On May 14, 2019
fairheart:
Drop your profile.
here is my number sir i tried sending you email message 08101871813 .just got admitted to tamuc..already got my i-20.. right now am filling my ds 160..would be glad if you can reach out to me sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tboy47(m): 8:41pm On May 14, 2019
Brown2Green:

There is no specific transcript for MSC in Physics if you ask me.
Infact everyone must have a unique transcript.

So once you get an understanding of how the VO asks questions and the manner you should respond, you must create your own unique transcript.
okay thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sannisege: 9:41pm On May 14, 2019
Please in my appointment, I picked F1 rather than J1, will this affect my interview because I have already exceeded my time for rescheduling appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by visiFisiMisi1: 9:42pm On May 14, 2019
fairheart:
Visifisimisi, this is the essay topic!

Write a 1000-words essay outlining why you want to study your first degree in the US, and how this education will equip you to achieve your career goals.
NOTE: The essay should discuss your career goals, the program you want to study, why that program, and how you have been preparing yourself for higher education in the US. This is to say you may want to say some things about your background. You are a student, so, figure it out! Submit the essay by 7pm 14th of May, 2019.

Also, this essay will help us assess your credibility and enable us to see if you can take on SAT and perform excellent well enough to secure full scholarship. Should you copy anything from the internet, I will know (I repeat, I will know!) and this will jeopardize your chance. This is why I craft a topic that is personal to you and not subject-based. That you write the essay does not mean you will automatically earn whatever I or others can assist you with. In fact, you are required to post the essay on the thread so that those who may want to assist you can assess it.

Good luck.
LagosismyHome; Fairheart

Wow as a matter of fact I'm just seeing this now.

14th of may 2019 9:43pm... Deep

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by handoffire: 9:43pm On May 14, 2019
handoffire:
Hello everyone, Excellent morning to you all.
My interview is next week, roughly a week from now.

Would appreciate it if my proposed transcript can be reviewed and scrutinised genuinely; should I post it or send it to you guys individually?

@Time2win @Oludare01 @lagosismyhome @fairheart @bracelum @walspring @texrem @TheZed and everyone I didn't mention here also

Thanks Fam.

V.O: Hello good morning
Me: good morning ma’am
V.O: Can I have your I-20 and passport
Me: here you go
V.O: why did you chose to study in the US instead of Nigeria
Me: Diversity, I will be joining a cadre of brilliant students from different countries and also study under world class professors who are well equipped with attractive research centers. I need the exposure so that I can be a world class engineer and not just a local champion.
V.O: what’s your academic background/ tell me about yourself
Me: I had my high school education at federal Science and technical college in 2011, had my bsc in Mechanical engineering in 2017, I went for nysc in 2018 jan to dec where I taught motor vehicle mechanics to year 2 students of Government Craft development centre.
V.O: how many schools did you apply to
Me: 5 schools, Mississippi state university, University of Idaho, California State University Fullerton, Southern Illinois University Carbondale and University of Missouri Columbia
V.O: how many admitted you
Me: 3 schools, CSUF, SIU and University of Missouri
V.O: why university of Missouri
Me: during my undergraduate research project my supervisor advised me to check researchgate, it’s a website for research professors and students, while on the site I read an article written by a professor tat perfectly aligns wit my research. The professor is a lecturer in Missouri and also the director of Midwest industrial assessment centre. I contacted him after my admission and he offered to be my academic adviser.
V.O: So what’s your research on
Me: Energy Efficiency of manufacturing industries, In Nigeria power as been unavailable, unreliable, and expensive hence making the cost of energy consumption and its efficiency very important to engineers in Nigeria
V.O: what’s your study plan?
Me: yea, it includes taking courses like mechanical maintenance, fluid mechanics, and energy technology of course. All this would make up my 30 units of courses that I would have done prior to completion of my Msc.
V.O; what will this course do for you/ what are your plans after graduation
Me: that’s an interesting question, everyone knows Nigeria’s foremost issue is power and energy, upon the completion of my studies I would have been equipped with knowledge and skills on how to reduce the operating cost of energy, better energy options like renewable energy and how the energy efficiency performance of machines or appliances can be improved to save cost to companies in Nigeria. Nigeria is just in a dire need of energy/power at the moment, I won’t be surprised if a generator is currently being used at the moment as source of power in the embassy.
V.O: who is sponsoring you?
ME: my uncle
V.O: what does he do?
ME: he is a businessman; he is into clearing and forwarding of goods like machines, furniture, appliances and fabrics
V.O: can I see your SOA
ME: yea sure(while passing it) It’s a Nigerian treasury Bill (of 70M, he fixed it last year November while I was applying to schools so that it would have yielded around 9.5M at 13.5% interest rate which is sufficient for my tuition, he only needs to add just 4M to balance it up.) Do I need to say what's in the bracket?
V.O: Did you write any standardized test
ME: Yes IELTS 7.5 and GRE 303
V.O: hands white paper, you will be needing your i-20 at the POE, your passport would be ready in 3 days for pickup
ME: Okay. Thanks, God bless you ma

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2019
LagosismyHome, this is the message from the guy:

Thanks sir.

Don't worry about it anymore I have decided to wait for my graduate
Thanks for your help so far

Let me say you're kind to have shown desire to help him. I hope he'll achieve his dreams.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 9:54pm On May 14, 2019
Are you going for J1?
Sannisege:
Please in my appointment, I picked F1 rather than J1, will this affect my interview because I have already exceeded my time for rescheduling appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by IAMANGELMICHAEL(m): 9:57pm On May 14, 2019
Mr Trump is here again

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sannisege: 9:58pm On May 14, 2019
fairheart:
Are you going for J1?
Yes I am please. Exchange visitor's program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:05pm On May 14, 2019
What is the issue now? Have you submitted the DS form? [
Sannisege:
Yes I am please. Exchange visitor's program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:10pm On May 14, 2019
fairheart:
LagosismyHome, this is the message from the guy:

Thanks sir.

Don't worry about it anymore I have decided to wait for my graduate
Thanks for your help so far

Let me say you're kind to have shown desire to help him. I hope he'll achieve his dreams.

smiley cheesy grin,,,,,,,,,,,

seen

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sannisege: 10:10pm On May 14, 2019
fairheart:
What is the issue now? Have you submitted the DS form? [
Yes I have filled the DS-160 form and stated the correct visa type in it. But in the appointment confirmation page, I picked F1 rather than J1, and I can't change it again except I reschedule and possibly make another visa payment. Is the visa category showing on the appointment very important? and please where is the appointment page required at the embassy on the appointment date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:12pm On May 14, 2019
You blush, smile and laugh at the same time. Make I do my own: smiley smiley cheesy grin
LagosismyHome:

smiley cheesy grin,,,,,,,,,,,

seen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:13pm On May 14, 2019
Try to update your profile and see if the option is there.
Sannisege:
Yes I have filled the DS-160 form and stated the correct visa type in it. But in the appointment confirmation page, I picked F1 rather than J1, and I can't change it again except I reschedule and possibly make another visa payment. Is the visa category showing on the appointment very important? and please where is the appointment page required at the embassy on the appointment date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 10:14pm On May 14, 2019
Try to update your profile and see if the option is there. However, it is not a big deal. The information that will be used would be taken from the DSFORM. So, I believe you should be fine.
Sannisege:

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.