Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792639 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 8:07am On May 22, 2019
Johnkay101:

Go and sit down, it makes 100% sense to me. It's public forum and not a secret. Even V.O knows that and that's the reason some don't get the visa. 70% of those using Uncle as sponsor, those Uncles will never release the funds for studies. But if you have sure plans to fund your studies and not be out of studies, i will encourage those people and not backlash them.
I am not arguing if it makes sense or not (I have no such time with you), I am calling your attention to the fact that this is a public forum and people should be mindful what they post here. Wisdom is very profitable if properly applied.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TWoods(m): 8:07am On May 22, 2019
Johnkay101:

Why haven't you returned to your home country? Did you tell the V.O that you will stay in America after your studies. Let's call a spade a spade and support those seeking better life. I don't encourage fraud but i will support any hustler going through legit ways.

1. Simple answer - i did not want to spend the rest of my life with folks like you.
2. Nope, i was not asked to return and i was very clear about my plans and intent to work in the United States.

Your last sentence is completely confused. Everyone knows what a Nigerian means by the term "hustler"... and "legit" does not include using fraudulent SOAs. When you tell someone to use an SOA that does not include any money that is available to the intending student, you are indeed explicitly encouraging fraud.

Nigeria is one of the only African countries where drop-box visa applications are no longer accepted - why?
Less than 10% of visa applicants in Nigeria are granted a visa - why?
I have NEVER seen a Canadian visa applicant to the US have to provide the same level of application documents requested of Nigerians - why? Most Canadian US visa holders only need to show up at the border to get stamped in, often with nothing but a drivers license or passport.

But of course, all the above means nothing to you generation of "hustlers"... cutting off your nose to spite your faces.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 8:10am On May 22, 2019
cool

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emeraldtommy: 8:14am On May 22, 2019
This got me laughing you know... You're free to say this, it is a product of your thought. What I wrote earlier was a product of my experience. And when I said from start to finish, it was God, I mean it, basically miracles. You don't even want to know the kind of advisor I met, you don't want to know the kind of favor I had from registering for my exams, to application, everything. I have read a lot here, for some, like a horse passing through a needle eye, for me, it was a hitch- free journey.
So, when I said the process was a miracle, please, remember it's a product of my experience. Not the usual process you stated there.
TWoods:

I am a christian... but i am tired of reading this demonstrably false acknowledging of "God" anytime we obtain immigration benefits the rest of the world takes for granted. Yours is a profile i have seen all too often - well prepared, going for degrees that are in line with their previous degrees, good grades, and best of all - proof of full funding from a well respected US school. Except for rare cases, people with these profiles typically get their visas approved... without having to claim that it was all a miracle. You do others a disservice, rather than preparing hard like you've done, you perpetuate the Nigerian idea that all it takes is "miracles", even when presenting fraudulent documents at their visa interviews.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnkay101: 8:17am On May 22, 2019
TWoods:

1. Simple answer - i did not want to spend the rest of my life with folks like you.
2. Nope, i was not asked to return and i was very clear about my plans and intent to work in the United States.

Your last sentence is completely confused. Everyone knows what a Nigerian means by the term "hustler"... and "legit" does not include using fraudulent SOAs.

That you weren't asked doesn't mean a V.O mean knows you will stay in their home country and become a citizen. One of the reason for granting non immigrant visa is home ties, you must overcome section 214b and which i know you did overcome. All I am saying is, we all have hidden intent which we can't let the V.O know in order to get visa and I won't call that fraud. As far as your documents are legit and you have legit plans, i don't have issue with such person.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TWoods(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2019
Emeraldtommy:
This got me laughing you know... You're free to say this, it is a product of your thought. What I wrote earlier was a product of my experience. And when I said from start to finish, it was God, I mean it, basically miracles. You don't even want to know the kind of advisor I met, you don't want to know the kind of favor I had from registering for my exams, to application, everything. I have read a lot here, for some, like a horse passing through a needle eye, for me, it was a hitch- free journey.
So, when I said the process was a miracle, please, remember it's a product of my experience. Not the usual process you stated there.

Millions of students come to the US every year to study. For the vast majority of them, it is typically a smooth application process. the only reason you need "miracles" is because of the country you've created.

Answer me this riddle, why did that same "god" not show the same "miracle" to another person with the exact same profile as you? Is your "god" a respecter of persons? Did you make any special sacrifice?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:19am On May 22, 2019
In other words,
Let's learn to shape ourselves from the errors of the past.

Some people are just desperate and will never go to school if given the Visa.

You tell some people that their choice of school is not ideal and they say it is just a way to leave Nigeria and nothing else!

Let's make ourselves more respected in the best way we can.
Try to take the GRE or other standardised test even if your school doesn't need it.
Take ample time to do a lot of research on your course and schools with potential funding. Don't be unnecessarily desperate!

As much as possible avoid agents.. Do it yourself and master the process.

You can tell Visa approval will make a rapid increase if we decide to do our home work properly.

Let's make things easier for our children unborn or the ones coming after us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnkay101: 8:19am On May 22, 2019
TWoods:

Millions of students come to the US every year to study. For the vast majority of them, it is typically a smooth application process. the only reason you need "miracles" is because of the country you've created.

Answer me this riddle, why did that same "god" not show the same "miracle" to another person with the exact same profile as you? Is your "god" a respecter of persons? Did you make any special sacrifice?

Does God go about healing people. He said ask and it shall be given unto you. He only does what you ask. The other person doesn't need such miracle.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TWoods(m): 8:21am On May 22, 2019
Johnkay101:

That you weren't asked doesn't mean a V.O mean knows you will stay in their home country and become a citizen. One of the reason for granting non immigrant visa is home ties, you must overcome section 214b and which i know you did overcome. All I am saying is, we all have hidden intent which we can't let the V.O know in order to get visa and I won't call that fraud. As far as your documents are legit and you have legit plans, i don't have issue with such person.

I've been in the US for almost 20 years... at that time, most of us had no idea what a 214b was or that it even existed. A 221g letter did not exist as far as i recall. Most of us had very smooth visa application processes. I did not produce a SOA. I went to the embassy with my passport and I20 only and was in and out in no more than 20 minutes. Most of what you guys have to produce for an application, i only learnt them on this forum for the first time. It is sad how low we've gotten in such a short time. In 5 years it will be easier for a camel to pass through a needle than for a "hustler" to "study" in the US. good luck to you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TWoods(m): 8:24am On May 22, 2019
Johnkay101:

Does God go about healing people. He said ask and it shall be given unto you. He only does what you ask. The other person doesn't need such miracle.

So you also asked for a false SOA and it was given unto you?

I have never seen citizens of any other country so religious and yet so corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emeraldtommy: 8:26am On May 22, 2019
I don't have the luxury of time please. Oh,No! Not for this kind of argument. Argue with your "god".
TWoods:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnkay101: 8:28am On May 22, 2019
TWoods:

So you also asked for a false SOA and it was given unto you?

I have never seen citizens of any other country so religious and yet so corrupt.

I didn't say that. God doesn't support fraud/evil. He helps those that helps themselves. Though he is a merciful God, some have succeeded with fraudulent documents and still put it on God.

If you ask for his protection, he will protect you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TWoods(m): 8:35am On May 22, 2019
Johnkay101:

I didn't say that. God doesn't support fraud/evil. He helps those that helps themselves. Though he is a merciful God, some have succeeded with fraudulent documents and still put it on God.

That is actually not in any bible... Ps 116:6 please. Perhaps you should read your bible more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Drekales: 8:35am On May 22, 2019
Brown2Green:
In other words,
Let's learn to shape ourselves from the errors of the past.

Some people are just desperate and will never go to school if given the Visa.

You tell some people that their choice of school is not ideal and they say it is just a way to leave Nigeria and nothing else!

Let's make ourselves more respected in the best way we can.
Try to take the GRE or other standardised test even if your school doesn't need it.
Take ample time to do a lot of research on your course and schools with potential funding. Don't be unnecessarily desperate!

As much as possible avoid agents.. Do it yourself and master the process.

You can tell Visa approval will make a rapid increase if we decide to do our home work properly.

Let's make things easier for our children unborn or the ones coming after us.

You always make sense boss

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by segunbolawole: 8:36am On May 22, 2019
Bro, kindly ignore twoods.
Johnkay101:

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by TWoods(m): 8:37am On May 22, 2019
Emeraldtommy:
I don't have the luxury of time please. Oh,No! Not for these kind of arguments. Argue with your "god".

I'm not arguing with "god", simply disabusing the false notion here that getting a visa is a sign of "god" being on your side. Genesis 39:2 is instructive... most of you are simply christians of convenience.

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by orimahspence: 8:38am On May 22, 2019
Time2win:

Well, someone went today at Abuja Embassy with full funding in Phd and was refused. From the transcript I can't see anything wrong. So it's not always rosy for PhD if you meet the wrong/angry V.O.

Hmm, likely the person has immigration issue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Bossoflife25: 8:41am On May 22, 2019
TWoods:

Considering that you will not have access to your mom's treasury bill investment, that leaves you with a little more than $30,000 for tuition, fees, room and board, feeding and living expenses. Neither you or your wife will be unable to work... so how do you intend to care for an entire family and maintain your status on $30,000 for a year or more?

Yours is a confused mishmash of a desperate economic migrant masquerading as a student. Profiles like yours make it harder for genuine students. As at April 19, you were still actively processing a Canadian student visa - obviously you were denied. As at May 16, you were planning to apply for a US visa alone, within the span of 3 days, you are now planning to file with your wife and kids. How is this proper planning?

To be frank, you will be denied a visa whether you go alone or not.

1. You already have an MBA, how do you justify paying thousands of dollars to earn a masters degree again?
2. You were denied a US visit visa in 2018 and a Canadian student visa in 2019... your profile is that of a non-student seeking to use the F1 route to migrate to the US.
3. You compound that by showing up at the embassy with your whole family - no ties to your home country.
4. You have no funds to maintain a decent lifestyle in the US.

Good luck.
Twoooddddsssss is bacccckkkkkkk!
Welcome back bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by royal200: 8:45am On May 22, 2019
Please I need help. Am suppose to resume school in August and I just want to get my sevis payment and apply for visa.Please can I still get an interview date before August 1 if I start the processing today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 8:49am On May 22, 2019
royal200:
Please I need help. Am suppose to resume school in August and I just want to get my sevis payment and apply for visa.Please can I still get an interview date before August 1 if I start the processing today

Hello, you can book your visa interview date before paying your SEVIS just make sure you pay it at least 3 working days to your interview, and yes, there are still about 5 dates in June ending and 15dates in July as at earlier this morning.

All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnkay101: 8:49am On May 22, 2019
TWoods:

That is actually not in any bible... Ps 116:6 please. Perhaps you should read your bible more.

The phrase "God helps those who help themselves" is an expression that is still famous around the globe and used to inspire people for self-help. Though Hezekiah 6:1 explains that better and not included in KJV
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lalavita: 8:52am On May 22, 2019
Lol it wasn’t there, I was surprised but I know there are variations to the form.
Mine also had a section to fill references who can verify the info on my form. This was also surprising as I hadn’t heard of that before.
I have gotten my visa and the transcript is loading shortly.
Brown2Green:

What?
Educational history was not on your form?

You sure you filled the DS 160 correctly?
Kindly go back to the form and fill it . you are supposed to click a radio button for those details to come out.

Not filling that section in the eyes of the VO simply means you have no degree .

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:54am On May 22, 2019
lalavita:

Lol it wasn’t there, I was surprised but I know there are variations to the form.
]Mine also had a section to fill references who can verify the info on my form. This was also surprising as I hadn’t heard of that before.
I have gotten my visa and the transcript is loading shortly.

References are normal tho.
Congrats thank God I called you out!
Oya drop the success story! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by royal200: 8:56am On May 22, 2019
solihp:

Hello, you can book your visa interview date before paying your SEVIS just make sure you pay it at least 3 working days to your interview, and yes, there are still about 5 dates in June ending and 15dates in July as at earlier this morning.

All the best

Thanks can I mail you please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:57am On May 22, 2019
orimahspence:

Hmm, likely the person has immigration issue

No, first time applicant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:59am On May 22, 2019
Time2win:

No, first time applicant

Is the person here, can he/she drop transcript ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:02am On May 22, 2019
Brown2Green:

Is the person here, can he/she drop transcript ?

I will tell him to do that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 9:25am On May 22, 2019
royal200:

Thanks can I mail you please

Kindly ask your questions here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by orimahspence: 9:30am On May 22, 2019
TWoods:

Sorry... you haven't had to fly to international airports and be treated like a criminal, not because of anything you've done, but because of the willful dishonesty of those who happen to share the same passport with you by accident. This is not about "because you made it", its about doing the right thing, especially for those who loudly proclaim "god" in every post here.

A country is nothing without its people. A country does not magically happen, it is simply a reflection of what its citizens are willing to accept. The countries we are running to did not develop a better life by magic or because they have a special blessing from a deity... they did so by holding themselves to strict moral codes of conduct, a thing we despise. This is a zoo, not because God made it so, but because you and your ilk think it is morally justified to cheat to obtain a "better life"... one built on the backs of the morally honest. Everyone wants a better life, they are just not willing to put in the work to achieve it, rather preferring to steal, lie and cut corners. My tone isn't the problem, you are.

I am fully justified in despising those who "just want to use their uncles Statement, obtain visa and hustle over there to pay the tuition fees". Thanks to them, we are now required to provide our grandmother's blood to obtain a visa that others have no trouble getting. Those people callously think only about themselves, forgetting that their actions are the reason others will never ever get the freedom to explore other countries. Yes, i will always spit on them, no problem. Show me any German thread of US visa aspirants... i dare you.

Alaye, welcome back , what's always your problem with God or people that called him, your believe is yours in absolutism, leave people that call him to theirs, A more critical look at the whole Nigeria , religions and God will make you realize its not the peoples fault to ask for prayer �, We are not stuck because we are "too religious". We are too religious because we are stuck. Just put permanent power in transformers and prayers to get light won't be there. No? You have left the shore for long and you might not really know situations of things to details

Here, We pray for things governments in Japan and Norway and Sweden provide easily, or even free. Here, thieves and criminals openly steal votes and money and yet declare that "power comes from God." When taken to task to deliver according to the oaths of their offices they ask the people to pray to god to guide "their leaders." And yes, the people will pray because that's all you left to do. How many can afford acyclovir? How many can afford Augmentin? Prayers is the key to everything. Even worse the religious organizations are furiously stepping in to fill up the vacuum left by government. The Nigerian would rather trust the pastor that preaches about his welfare every Sunday and takes pragmatic steps towards making his life better than trust a president who routinely fails in everything even while promising to do more.

It's not about the country being backward because we are too religious. It's about we running to religion because nobody has our backs.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 9:32am On May 22, 2019
Brown2Green:

l[/b]

Lol
This statement of yours is one-sided.
Plans for accommodation can be made after Visa approval and that's totally normal. That doesn't insinuate being lackadaisical.

Wait!
Why would you say those words in bold? Like why would you say those words?

Lol... okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Devilcalibour: 9:40am On May 22, 2019
How many of you know the the students program in USA embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by orimahspence: 9:53am On May 22, 2019
TWoods:

I am a christian... but i am tired of reading this demonstrably false acknowledging of "God" anytime we obtain immigration benefits the rest of the world takes for granted. Yours is a profile i have seen all too often - well prepared, going for degrees that are in line with their previous degrees, good grades, and best of all - proof of full funding from a well respected US school. Except for rare cases, people with these profiles typically get their visas approved... without having to claim that it was all a miracle. You do others a disservice, rather than preparing hard like you've done, you perpetuate the Nigerian idea that all it takes is "miracles", even when presenting fraudulent documents at their visa interviews.

He said it's God , he said its a Miracle , yes thats what he believe , leave it at that, is it your miracle? Your oversabi seems too much Alaye

We go on and on bashing mysteries, miracles, religion...God.. whatever our comprehension of science cannot explain. We elevate empirical science to levels that Darwin and Freud never even imagined.

Whatever cannot pass our basic tests of empiricism is untrue and unacceptable. Why not? Science has always got our backs; antibiotics, airplanes, telephony, information..., science is there, handling it all with gusto.

But we forget that the simple things of life; love, laughter, pain, joy, happiness, agony, sorrow all defy empiricism. You cannot synthesize laughter in a lab nor happiness in a petri dish. You cannot bottle joy for sale nor peace as tablets. There's no agar to culture a smile and brew pain. No matter our gains in science, death defies pathology and psychiatry cannot reach the bottom of the human mind.

Should we continue to accept that all we see is all there is? Should we elevate science to that podium above all else because it peeps into the galaxies and tells us of the birth of stars and black holes? Why were the stars born?

If science on its match to unravel the mysteries of existence taught the discerning mind anything, it is ad TS Elliot puts it, that realization that "all our knowledge leads us closer to our ignorance," for the more we know, the more we know we do not know.
Those with true knowledge will develop a sense of awe and bow (even while still searching!); the man with half-knowledge will mount the chariot of banal hubris and go gallop to town spewing inanities at faiths and those who bow.

24 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.