Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792268 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 4:56am On May 28, 2019
Brown2Green:

As far as you've not submitted your DS 160.
If you've submitted it, anything you change can stand stand against you .

You can submit ds 160 and still go ahead and change something by filling a fresh one. You can fill up to 100 different ds 160 with different details, it won't stand against you if you didn't interview with it. It's only the ds 160 number they used in interviewing that they will leave on your profile and it count against you if you change anything during your second interview asumming you weren't given visa in the first attempt. If you have submitted your ds 160 and feel you made a mistake, you can fill a fresh one and change it with the old one you have on your appointment page. The unused ones (the one you weren't interviewed with) even if submitted will be deleted after 30days from the system.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 5:41am On May 28, 2019
Time2win:

You can submit ds 160 and still go ahead and change something by filling a fresh one. You can fill up to 100 different ds 160 with different details, it won't stand against you if you didn't interview with it. It's only the ds 160 number they used in interviewing that they will leave on your profile and it count against you if you change anything during your second interview asumming you weren't given visa in the first attempt. If you have submitted your ds 160 and feel you made a mistake, you can fill a fresh one and change it with the old one you have on your appointment page. The unused ones (the one you weren't interviewed with) even if submitted will be deleted after 30days from the system.

Alright
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Javanian: 7:11am On May 28, 2019
PythonLearner:

Boss, is direct application for Masters available in all schools or just available in the school you applied to? And is such direct application class of degree dependent?

I guess you meant to ask if direct Ph.D. application is available in all schools. Direct Ph.D. application is available in most schools in the United States. It is not class of degree dependent but GPA is a key factor. Schools will ask for a minimum of 3.0./4 and in many, it is actually a minimum of 3.5/4 for direct Ph.D. applications.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 7:14am On May 28, 2019
Time2win:

You cannot do this anymore when you have 3 days to your interview. Else, you will be turned back at the Embassy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnkay101: 7:20am On May 28, 2019
Predstan:

You cannot do this anymore when you have 3 days to your interview. Else, you will be turned back at the Embassy.

Don't say what you don't know. You can do it even 48hrs to your interview. May be you didn't put your passport photograph, that's why you were sent back or you didn't do it correctly.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 7:21am On May 28, 2019
Johnkay101:

Don't say what you don't know. You can do it even 48hrs to your interview. May be you didn't put your passport photograph, that's why you were sent back or you didn't do it correctly.

I am telling you that you cannot edit your ds-160 3 days before your interview and you are arguing with me. Okay, I want someone to experiment that then. Good luck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 7:26am On May 28, 2019
Predstan:

Was my post talking about 3days to your interview?

By the way, if the option to edit the DS-160 number is not there on your appointment portal, you can contact the embassy to change it for you (someone has done that 48hrs to his interview). You can as well reschedule your interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 7:31am On May 28, 2019
Time2win:

Was my post talking about 3days to your interview?

Your post was right about editing ds-160 but you must submit your ds-160 three days before the interview. Any changes that you want to make must be done 72 hours before the interview.

You can reschedule your interview if you want to make any changes within 72 hours to the interview

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kacey007: 8:04am On May 28, 2019
Time2win:

For clarity, in case one has multiple submissions, I hope the one used for appointment booking is what will be used for the interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ahmed1258: 8:19am On May 28, 2019
MasterforceII:

Have you written the GRE and/or TOEFL? The funding deadline for most schools have passed. You can push for Fall 2020.

This is a list of schools sor your program. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NrfFVlPHZzXIPUOc_PZXiX-uzb3nmazn/view?usp=sharing
You can use sites like thegradcafe to see the trends of funding for your course.

Goodluck on your journey.

That's a great resource. There are some [url=//play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.entrayn.qbapp]GRE apps[/url] that provides these information and can easily talk to an admission counselor for free. Thanks for the awesom resource.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2019
kacey007:

For clarity, in case one has multiple submissions, I hope the one used for appointment booking is what will be used for the interview?

Yes. You will be interviewed based on the one you have on your appointment page
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kacey007: 8:27am On May 28, 2019
Time2win:

Yes. You will be interviewed based on the one you have on your appointment page
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2019
Predstan:

My thoughts exactly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:37am On May 28, 2019
kacey007:

It is not a good thing to have multiple submissions.
Take your time and fill the DS 160.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ibruks(m): 8:54am On May 28, 2019
Good morning guys. I would really appreciate any assistance here.

My i-20 was issued last week tuesday (still on its way) but I was told I can go ahead with the payment of sevis and visa appointment. Now that I don't have my i-20 yet with me, is it safe for me to go ahead with visa appointment, I have paid for both sevis and visa.

Also, can I go ahead to fill and submit the ds - 160 form?? Like how does the form really work? Can I fill now and submit but apply for visa interview in a week or two weeks time?

Also, like how does the visa interview date work? I mean, if I apply today, what could be the earliest day of interview?

I'd really appreciate your input.
Kind regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 9:44am On May 28, 2019
Ibruks:
Good morning guys. I would really appreciate any assistance here.

My i-20 was issued last week tuesday (still on its way) but I was told I can go ahead with the payment of sevis and visa appointment. Now that I don't have my i-20 yet with me, is it safe for me to go ahead with visa appointment, I have paid for both sevis and visa.

Also, can I go ahead to fill and submit the ds - 160 form?? Like how does the form really work? Can I fill now and submit but apply for visa interview in a week or two weeks time?

Also, like how does the visa interview date work? I mean, if I apply today, what could be the earliest day of interview?

I'd really appreciate your input.
Kind regards

Good morning, start filling the DS160 form today, fill as much as you can, note the code of the form, because there are some info you might need on your i20 such as your US contact, you can fill other aspect and not submit the form just yet.

Create your visa appointment account and book your appointment, do not forget to submit the DS160 form when you have your i20 and at least 3 days before your interview.

NB: Act now, dates are filling up fast, as at yesterday, the earliest dates available were in July, as at this morning, few spaces opened up in May(2dates) and June(1date), so get to work.

All the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PythonLearner: 10:15am On May 28, 2019
Javanian:

I guess you meant to ask if direct Ph.D. application is available in all schools. Direct Ph.D. application is available in most schools in the United States. It is not class of degree dependent but GPA is a key factor. Schools will ask for a minimum of 3.0./4 and in many, it is actually a minimum of 3.5/4 for direct Ph.D. applications.

Yes Boss, I meant Ph.D. Thanks for replying me. I made 3.72 / 5 in a Federal University here in Nigeria. Is the conversion equivalent to what can me a direct Ph.D ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oasishavenng: 10:31am On May 28, 2019
May 30 is available for those who wants May

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oasishavenng: 10:31am On May 28, 2019
solihp:

Good morning, start filling the DS160 form today, fill as much as you could, note the code of the form, because there are some info you might need on your i20 such as your US contact, you can fill other aspect and not submit the form just yet.

Create your visa appointment account and book your appointment, do not forget to submit the DS160 form when you have your i20 and at least 3 days before your interview.

NB: Act now, dates are filling up fast, as at yesterday, the earliest dates available were in July, as at this morning, few spaces opened up in May(2dates) and June(1), so get to work.

All the best.

What were the earliest date available in July.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 10:33am On May 28, 2019
Oasishavenng:

What were the earliest date available in July.
8th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dipro: 10:37am On May 28, 2019
Dear Nairalanders, good morning. Pls I am new here and have a question and need your advise. My wife a lawyer, got an admission with a school in the US for a master program, I am her sponsor, I am self employed and have a logistic company. We have a 5 months old daughter, and she wants me to come with her and our daughter to help with the baby while she’s going for her school run around. She has done everything and the school sent an I-20 form for 3 of us.

My question:
(1). Do you think it’s okay for three of us to apply the same time? Will it not look like we are running away from the country as most of the VO think which isn’t true in our case ??

(2). Should she apply alone? or apply with our daughter ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hwfwl: 10:49am On May 28, 2019
Good people

Are there any cheap/affordable hotels close to the US embassy in Abuja?

Names, location and prices will be appreciated if possible!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:52am On May 28, 2019
Dipro:
Dear Nairalanders, good morning. Pls I am new here and have a question and need your advise. My wife a lawyer, got an admission with a school in the US for a master program, I am her sponsor, I am self employed and have a logistic company. We have a 5 months old daughter, and she wants me to come with her and our daughter to help with the baby while she’s going for her school run around. She has done everything and the school sent an I-20 form for 3 of us.

My question:
(1). Do you think it’s okay for three of us to apply the same time? Will it not look like we are running away from the country as most of the VO think which isn’t true in our case ??

This one is always hard as they is not right or wrong way . The more fluid you are the better it helps but nobody can predict as it highly subjective to the VO you get . There was a lady here last year, she went with her two small sons but her husband wasnt going and She and son were given. Some have done it that the primary applicant goes first and then the Dependents go next . Some have gone with the whole family . In all these some were given some were rejected .

It hard to predict which is the best way . I would have said daughter and mother go first however if father is not given later on. There still no way mother can cope with daughter.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kilankoazeez: 11:32am On May 28, 2019
Good morning people

I did TOEFL exam and my results came out today, but I did not do very well as I had 78. Please what are my chances of getting a school that might accept such a low score. Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by amb001: 12:05pm On May 28, 2019
Who knows about sevisexpress? Hw can I pay fr my sevis?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Anodyne(f): 12:09pm On May 28, 2019
bracelum:

Check my previous transcripts and use that to write a better draft
Ok, I will do just that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dipro: 12:12pm On May 28, 2019
Thanks bro! I appreciate your swift response and it’s helpful, tho I still need more advise from the house.

LagosismyHome:

This one is always hard as they is not right or wrong way . The more fluid you are the better it helps but nobody can predict as it highly subjective to the VO you get . There was a lady here last year, she went with her two small sons but her husband wasnt going and She and son were given. Some have done it that the primary applicant goes first and then the Dependents go next . Some have gone with the whole family . In all these some were given some were rejected .

It hard to predict which is the best way . I would have said daughter and mother go first however if father is not given later on. There still no way mother can cope with daughter.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Dipro: 12:17pm On May 28, 2019
[quote author=Dipro post=78789780]Dear Nairalanders, good morning. Pls I am new here and have a question and need your advise. My wife a lawyer, got an admission with a school in the US for a master program, I am her sponsor, I am self employed and have a logistic company. We have a 5 months old daughter, and she wants me to come with her and our daughter to help with the baby while she’s going for her school run around. She has done everything and the school sent an I-20 form for 3 of us.

My question:

Please house, @Justwise, OmoBendel, Ekpotec, CyberKnight, and all the well informed gurus in the house, I will appreciate more advise on the above.

Thank you and God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Pefuele(m): 12:37pm On May 28, 2019
solihp:

Good morning, start filling the DS160 form today, fill as much as you can, note the code of the form, because there are some info you might need on your i20 such as your US contact, you can fill other aspect and not submit the form just yet.

NB: Act now, dates are filling up fast, as at yesterday, the earliest dates available were in July, as at this morning, few spaces opened up in May(2dates) and June(1date), so get to work.

All the best.

Is it just 3 days or 3 working days?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:46pm On May 28, 2019
Dipro:
Thanks bro! I appreciate your swift response and it’s helpful, tho I still need more advise from the house.

I am a female

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 12:55pm On May 28, 2019
Pefuele:

Is it just 3 days or 3 working days?

3 working days

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.