Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (792146 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 8:30am On May 29, 2019
laboldkid:
Very good, however you won't be asked all this questions - don't try to cram this, you won't sound natural. Smile, relax and have a conversation with the VO and you'll be just fine.

And what if the VO choose to ask the very questions you'd want him to expunge, leaving out the ones you predicted. My advice to all applicants is to prepare thoroughly and extensively as much as they can; but pay good attention to the more probables.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Munix(m): 8:32am On May 29, 2019
What are you saying bro, are you saying I can't have an Uncle who is not from my father's tribe?
If you don't have a response biko leave it

I just want to know if the VO will not be particular about it
Brown2Green:

Una don come again .

Don't expect to get any response to this question.
You don't come on a platform viewed by even the VO and start asking this type of question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 8:36am On May 29, 2019
Munix:
What are you saying bro, are you saying I can't have an Uncle who is not from my father's tribe?

Na you sabi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by naira0(m): 8:37am On May 29, 2019
Munix:

Somebody is trying to guide you and all you do is go defensive and lash out? Since you have your sponsorship aspect sorted, why bring it up here? Let me not talk about my deductions lest it looks like I'm jumping the gun.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 8:40am On May 29, 2019
jossywayne:
On my Ds-160 I filled I will be staying in the USA for 5 years, 4 years for my program and a year for my masters. But someone told me I supposed to put 4 years, but then I have submitted my Ds-160 form online. House please will that 5 years I put on the Ds-160 have any negative effect during my interview? Can the VO sight the 5 years during my interview?

Looks like nobody want to answer my question?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 8:43am On May 29, 2019
jossywayne:

Looks like nobody want to answer my question?

It's best to put the duration on your i20, if it's 4years,put 4 years
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 9:06am On May 29, 2019
solihp:

It's best to put the duration on your i20, if it's 4years,put 4 years

But my I-20 form do not state any duration.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:06am On May 29, 2019
Brown2Green:

Lol
That's where lots of people miss it.
WES and ECE are all under the ICES.. International Credential Evaluation Services..

Look up on the school's website and you'll see WES or any evaluation under the ICES.

You can confirm it from the website or better still, mail the graduate school.

So as well, visit the ECE website .

I wonder where you got this from. ICES is for canada
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Munix(m): 9:10am On May 29, 2019
Pls tell me what guide he gave? That VOs read here. BTW, this is not defensive
naira0:
Somebody is trying to guide you and all you do is go defensive and lash out? Since you have your sponsorship aspect sorted, why bring it up here? Let me not talk about my deductions lest it looks like I'm jumping the gun.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 9:13am On May 29, 2019
jossywayne:

But my I-20 form do not state any duration.

Is there no start and end date on your i20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 9:27am On May 29, 2019
Predstan:

I am telling you that you cannot edit your ds-160 3 days before your interview and you are arguing with me. Okay, I want someone to experiment that then. Good luck
Yes,youre right, you can't edit 3 days before interview, it'll go against you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2019
Flaame:
Yes,youre right, you can't edit 3 days before interview, it'll go against you

Yeah unless you contact embassy or reschedule.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2019
Time2win:

I wonder where you got this from. ICES is for canada
NACES is for America . Thanks for the correction.

You can do this without coming out rude.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 9:36am On May 29, 2019
Brown2Green:

NACES is for America . Thanks for the correction.

You can do this without coming out rude.

No prob. Wanted to know where you got the information from, didn't mean to sound rude.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ibruks(m): 9:40am On May 29, 2019
Thanks for your assistance so far guys. Is it ever possible for someone to reschedule to an earlier date? As in, if I got July as my initial date, can I reschedule to June if a day comes up open?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by seun407: 9:44am On May 29, 2019
Thanks for your response. I have 2 admits. Regis University and DU.

AgreatMan:

This is perhaps d most complete proposed transcript I have seen, I don't even know where to start. You need to cut off a lot of fat. Take out d school ranking, it's rather "poor." Find rankings related to graduate programs in ICT, your school will fair much better. Not sure how to do this without pen n paper. How many admits do you have?

You need to strike early in the interview, u will get cut off before u have d opportunity to table your very impressive points. Keywords like d Professors' names, python n all, edx boot camp n related things should show up early.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 10:23am On May 29, 2019
Ibruks:
Thanks for your assistance so far guys. Is it ever possible for someone to reschedule to an earlier date? As in, if I got July as my initial date, can I reschedule to June if a day comes up open?

Yes you can reschedule but only once, after that you'd have to pay another visa fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ibruks(m): 11:15am On May 29, 2019
solihp:

Yes you can reschedule but only once, after that you'd have to pay another visa fee
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by laboldkid(m): 12:54pm On May 29, 2019
naira0:

And what if the VO choose to ask the very questions you'd want him to expunge, leaving out the ones you predicted. My advice to all applicants is to prepare thoroughly and extensively as much as they can; but pay good attention to the more probables.

It is good to prepare no doubt about that, Sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dumbiri99(f): 2:13pm On May 29, 2019
Abeg i was denied in twice in lagos, my situation has changed and i want to reapply. Should i go to abuja this time?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 29, 2019
dumbiri99:
Abeg i was denied in twice in lagos, my situation has changed and i want to reapply. Should i go to abuja this time?

highlight briefly what you think has changed in your situation so the gurus can be of help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sambasten: 2:47pm On May 29, 2019
Please any current MTSU or ETSU engineering technology student in the house? Attention needed e shaanu aje
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 2:58pm On May 29, 2019
sambasten:
Please any current MTSU or ETSU engineering technology student in the house? Attention needed e shaanu aje

Saleh don give funding?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dumbiri99(f): 3:02pm On May 29, 2019
BigUgo21:

highlight briefly what you think has changed in your situation so the gurus can be of help
I dont want to go into details cos i believe vos read what we post here but there are significant changes in my situation that put me at an advantage.
Hope they wont say why didnt you go to lagos again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by sambasten: 3:17pm On May 29, 2019
Brown2Green:

Saleh don give funding?

Nope nope.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:23pm On May 29, 2019
dumbiri99:

I dont want to go into details cos i believe vos read what we post here but there are significant changes in my situation that put me at an advantage.
Hope they wont say why didnt you go to lagos again

Lagos abuja dont matter... the choice is yours
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Vhintage: 3:26pm On May 29, 2019
Nairalanders pls help me out...the statement of account from Italy is not well detailed like the ones from Nigeria here..I just translated it to English and found out that it was just a payment made into the account by my bro but it shows the current account balance as at march 2019 is it acceptable by the consular??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by laboldkid(m): 3:30pm On May 29, 2019
Vhintage:
Nairalanders pls help me out...the statement of account from Italy is not well detailed like the ones from Nigeria here..I just translated it to English and found out that it was just a payment made into the account by my bro but it shows the current account balance as at march 2019 is it acceptable by the consular??
No, but you might not be asked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 3:38pm On May 29, 2019
laboldkid:

No

Are you a visa officer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by laboldkid(m): 3:41pm On May 29, 2019
Time2win:

Are you a visa officer?

No
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 3:42pm On May 29, 2019
Vhintage:

Is it just one payment made by your bro that's there? A 6months bank statement should have other transactions running on it. Ask your bro if that's how Italy own is. Get more clarification from him
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 3:43pm On May 29, 2019
laboldkid:

No

Then don't give answer like a visa officer

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.