Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (791320 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
yemiteantho:
Thanks for the previous response!
The transcript is as follows;
VO: Good Morning
Me: Good morning and how are you doing?
VO: Good thank you (Smiling). Can you pass your i20 and passport please?
Me: Handed it Over.
VO: Why did you want to study this particular course in US?
Me: The master's degree will equip me with the necessary expertise required to be a professional health educator in Nigeria. bla bla bla....
VO: Nodded in acceptance. who is sponsoring your study?
Me: My dad.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a medical doctor at ........Hospital and we have a family business as well.
VO: Do you have the financial statement?
me: Yes.. and I passed it to her when she requested.
VO: Flipped through all the pages for like 3 mins. What do you say you dad do?
Me: He is a medical doctor at so so so so....
VO: Okay! Flipped through the pages again for another 2 mins
VO: Who is so so so so(Mentioned my Dad's name)?
Me: My dad.
VO: Okay.
VO: Are you aware that the new policy is that united state embassy will be verifying all financial statements for F1 visa? and if there is an issue with the document, such applicant can be banned for up to 10 years. Do you still want to proceed?
Me: Yes.
VO: Waited again foe like 1 min.... Your visa have been approved
Me: Thank you
VO: Passed me the two white documents i described earlier
Me: Like when will me passport be ready for collection?
VO: Between 2-3 business days.
me: Thank you.
VO: I wish you a nice study in the US.
me: Thank you.
She did not give me back my financial statement though!
Later in the day, we were told that the embassy sent a mail to the bank to verify the statement and that it has been verified.
So, that is the transcript.
Only for me to check my status online now and to see refused and that I should refer to the paper i collected at the interview yesterday which was a congratulatory paper of being issued an F1 visa.

From the bolded, it's obvious that you went through an agent. Surely, your bank statement was an oluyole statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
OgbeniOptional:

I'd like to know how to go about the loan as well. Send me the email. I already check prodigy and my school is not on their list. Thanks.
Which one is prodigy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2018
US embassy naija they vex the policy has become stronger, from what the VO told the guy they now verify ALL bank statements i guess they now ask the banks for balance as well. Which means out of 10 SOA submitted they verify 8 odiegwu!! Thanks to those they keep begging to be cautious of what they post in a public forum like this because they've succeeded in making things difficult for the genuine students.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 9:35pm On Oct 16, 2018
uniquefurlife:
US embassy naija they vex the policy has become stronger, from what the VO told the guy they now verify ALL bank statements i guess they now ask the banks for balance as well. Which means out of 10 SOA submitted they verify 8 odiegwu!! Thanks to those they keep begging to be cautious of what they post in a public forum like this because they've succeeded in making things difficult for the genuine students.
It's a good thing they now verify financial documents. Nigerians are good at exploiting and abusing privileges. Well, well, well, let's also keep in mind that banks have fiduciary responsibility.
One word for the wise!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JohnnyAmhan: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Good day everyone...
I am an undergraduate applicant, I was applying to a university and they requested for Bank Statement showing financial support.
Should I provide that document now or go ahead with the application and send after I have been admitted.
And in the case of receiving scholarship, do I still need it.
Thank you so much y'all
@walspring @lagosismyhome @theamerican @danielaz5 @nahum777
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2018
Philadelphia:

From the bolded, it's obvious that you went through an agent. Surely, your bank statement was an oluyole statement.

It beats me hollow how you came to such an irrational conclusion. Nothing from the author's post suggest such. "We" could mean the author's family. I would advice that you be very slow to coming to hasty conclusions.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ragnnar: 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2018
Good day people, I have been a disciple of this travel section for some years now and I found it interesting and enlightening.
I graduated with second class lower (3.34 GP on a 5 scale) in Agricultural Engineering, Farm power and Machinery option.
my aim is to do my masters in Mechanical Engineering e.g. production, Automobile, etc
my Questions are:
+ Can I get a master programme with my result in Canada or USA?
+ If yes, which university?
please I need your honest Advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 10:38pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ragnnar:
Good day people, I have been a disciple of this travel section for some years now and I found it interesting and enlightening.
I graduated with second class lower (3.34 GP on a 5 scale) in Agricultural Engineering, Farm power and Machinery option.
my aim is to do my masters in Mechanical Engineering e.g. production, Automobile, etc
my Questions are:
+ Can I get a master programme with my result in Canada or USA?
+ If yes, which university?
please I need your honest Advice.
Ragnnar Ragnnar, the regannar of vikings that I'm very aware of would sail the deep blue sea for days just to discover new lands and riches. At this junction and circumference google is your girlfriend no one would do the research for you as to which university that accepts your grade. I for detail knows that there are lots of schools that accepts your grade just google up schools and see their requirements.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 11:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
Emmalondon:

Congratulations.
wait,just like that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
If you don't mind please, will this ACT exam be taken in Nigeria? The reason I ask is because I was under the impression that (that's if in Nigeria) they stopped conducting the ACT exam in Nigeria.
EDIT:
Don't worry ma'am. Just saw from ACT website that they've resumed testing in Nigeria, and the test locations. Probably happened within the last one year and half.
ifyalways:

Thanks. I'm worried because :
In the school application forms, I mentioned that he's already registered for SAT.

I spoke to the school admin office on phone and told them same thing ie he's registered for SAT.

Everything is already done and dusted. I believe the school was waiting for the SAT result to decide if he's gonna get admitted or not and now we have to wait until month end to write this ACTS.

Where can i get ACTS study material please? And how long do we have to wait for the result?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ragnnar: 11:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
uniquefurlife:
Ragnnar Ragnnar, the regannar of vikings that I'm very aware of would sail the deep blue sea for days just to discover new lands and riches. At this junction and circumference google is your girlfriend no one would do the research for you as to which university that accepts your grade. I for detail knows that there are lots of schools that accepts your grade just google up schools and see their requirements.
Thanks. You got me by the way you called the name. The man's (Ragnnar) character in that movie inspires me. Guess my search for new lands starts now.
Most schools there GP requirement is 2.5 gp on a 4 scale grading while here in Nigeria GP is been calculated on a 5 Scale grading. I don't even know how to convert from 5 scale to 4 scale.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ragnnar:

Thanks. You got me by the way you called the name. The man's (Ragnnar) character in that movie inspires me. Guess my search for new lands starts now.
Most schools there GP requirement is 2.5 gp on a 4 scale grading while here in Nigeria GP is been calculated on a 5 Scale grading. I don't even know how to convert from 5 scale to 4 scale.

Send an email to the school. How difficult is that??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JohnnyAmhan: 3:32am On Oct 17, 2018
Afolabi6046:
Please, when applying for undergraduate studies, what do you use as GPA. Is it WAEC or the scores from your sec school transcript?

I think it's scores from your High school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:43am On Oct 17, 2018
JohnnyAmhan:
Good day everyone...
I am an undergraduate applicant, I was applying to a university and they requested for Bank Statement showing financial support.
Should I provide that document now or go ahead with the application and send after I have been admitted.
Thank you so much y'all
@walspring @lagosismyhome @theamerican @danielaz5 @nahum777

None of the people listed are admission officers of this particular school ... meaning you have to follow the guidance or procedure of the school. Kindly do it how they have instructed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 6:13am On Oct 17, 2018
Timotee:

It beats me hollow how you came to such an irrational conclusion. Nothing from the author's post suggest such. "We" could mean the author's family. I would advice that you be very slow to coming to hasty conclusions.

..."we were told by the embassy"... Who told them? That was where I drew my inference from.
By the way, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I don't see how my opinion is your business.
Ogbeni Timotee, don't quote me if you wanna spew trash.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by IamNegan: 7:04am On Oct 17, 2018
Lord001:
Hi Guys,

Now my testimony. It was all God.

I had my visa app (J1) today in Abuja, 1pm.

7 persons were before me. 2 were denied (blue and yellow paper). All interviews took an average of 5-7 questions.

Now it was my turn. Name called to proceed to window 8. A white lady with pointed nose, may be in her late 30s.

V. O - with a smile, Good afternoon
Me: Afternoon Ma'am
V. O: what do you do in Nigeria?
Me: I am a legal practitioner, specifically a prosecutor with xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. My duties include xxxxxxxxxxx
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Any Children?
Me: No
VO: Alright. I will be approving your visa..... Bla bla bla.
Me: All smiles. Thank you and do have a great day.

NB: No travel history ie virgin passport and I'll be 29 come this December.

Bottom line : It was all God's grace. I went for my interview fasting sha. �

I tap from this testimony, the God that did yours will do mine...I believe. Congratulations!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 17, 2018
JohnnyAmhan:

I think it's scores from your High school.
can ispeak with you privately? Should i drop my WhatsApp digit?

**I already did, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by spankyflex(m): 7:12am On Oct 17, 2018
hi guys,please anyone here know of student loan providers for international undergraduates student. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JohnnyAmhan: 9:31am On Oct 17, 2018
LagosismyHome:

None of the people listed are admission officers of this particular school ... meaning you have to follow the guidance or procedure of the school. Kindly do it how they have instructed

Lol. Yeah I understand, just that some have done it before, and in admission process there are just some things that don't apply to everyone, just needed a little confirmation..
Thanks anyways..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dimejalex(m): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2018
Good morning house my school want an official transcript from me how do I go sending them and what is an official transcript??..i await your response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dimejalex(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2018
My question can I use my waec result as transcript?
Second question: the school does not require any exam(TOEFL, SAT and the rest) will it be a problem for me at the interview?
Third question: can you I get a job outside campus with a F1 visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 11:06am On Oct 17, 2018
Timotee:

Before you rant again, check that guy's profile and you'd see that he has deactivated his account. That shows you that he is not genuine. Neither is his story genuine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 17, 2018
[quote author=homirefacuny post=72116011]

Hello pls how much did it cost you in Naira for the evaluation and sending to both the institution and yourself? Thanks for your time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 11:57am On Oct 17, 2018
Philadelphia:
Before you rant again, check that guy's profile and you'd see that he has deactivated his account. That shows you that he is not genuine. Neither is his story genuine.

You didn't see where he said they were told the bank has verified the statement. Meaning they knew it will be verified before submitting at the embassy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bigwizzy001(m): 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
OgbeniOptional:

I'd like to know how to go about the loan as well. Send me the email. I already check prodigy and my school is not on their list. Thanks.
Emmalondon:

Please can you kindly send me the email too. I'll like to benefit from such an opportunity.

Its not as if I have his email address to which I sent him email. I just did the naira land way of mailing someone clicking on his/her moniker. As in private messaging the person. I don't have the right word for it but I'm sure you guys should understand me by now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
Ubah1:

You didn't see where he said they were told the bank has verified the statement. Meaning they knew it will be verified before submitting at the embassy

Who are the they? And why has the op deactivated his account?
Oya Senior Advocate answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
Philadelphia:

Who are the they? And why has the op deactivated his account?
Oya Senior Advocate answer.

Reason best known to him. You don't know the "they" as well so stop judging the guy wrongly. You might be wrong or right, no one knows. We have adviced him to wait for his passport so that he can know the reason for the refusal. If it's fake bank statement, they will state there.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2018
JohnnyAmhan:
Good day everyone...
Thank you so much y'all
I understand that some procedures are not always clear on some schools websites, you have to search every nuke and cranny to get some info on some school's website. However, this short paragraph you wrote could have well been directed to international admission officer of your proposed schools and they will give you a legit answer. Their contacts are on the website for a reason and not for decoration. Please be proactive and let nairaland be your last resort in matters like this and not the first

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Baggiopreshy: 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2018
dimejalex:
My question can I use my waec result as transcript?
Second question: the school does not require any exam(TOEFL, SAT and the rest) will it be a problem for me at the interview?
Third question: can you I get a job outside campus with a F1 visa?
for the first year you can work maximum of 20 hours on campus every week while you still in section, but you can work full time work on campus when you having semester break;that for the first year, but for the second year after showing a pruv of hardship e.g like house rent increase etc you would be authorized by the school to work off cay. Note: working off cay can only be authorized by the school and the possibility of this grace could only be enhanced as from second year in school. When you are caught working of cay in your first year could lead to cancelation if your f1 visa. You working of cay from your year 2 upward,you must first get the approval of the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
Afolabi6046:
Please, when applying for undergraduate studies, what do you use as GPA. Is it WAEC or the scores from your sec school transcript?
Your GPA is based on your scores from year 9 thru year 12, and this will be presented in a transcript by your secondary school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 17, 2018
ottizz:

Your GPA is based on your scores from year 9 thru year 12, and this will be presented in a transcript by your secondary school.
seriously? people have been telling me it's based on WAEC. Thank YOU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.