Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms (31279 Views)

OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC / Nigeria Army To Get New Uniforms / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by naijafresh: 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2007
Apparently the Nigeria police force is to be issued new uniforms
Here is Ehindero and co modelling them for Baba at a conference in Abuja  smiley
I hope they have oversewn the pockets too

They do look much better than the old ones
What do you think?

Hmmm some saying about new wine and old bottles comes to mind

Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Seun(m): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2007
What's the source of this story, please?
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by naijafresh: 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2007
The Champion newspaper

http://www.champion-newspapers.com

Can't get the links to work properly sorry
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by naijafresh: 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2007
Also check the Vanguard,

NEW POLICE UNIFORM: Press Conference: Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Sunday Ehindero (middle), flanked by DIG Mike Okiro (right) and DIG Ogbonaya Onovo (left) at a press conference in Abuja, yesterday, to introduce new police uniform. Photo: Gbemiga Olamikan.

Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by ezioku(m): 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2007
What has the uniform got to do with there efficiency?

May be the change of Uniform will enable them cause more confusion during election and the supply thereof will help fund Ehindero's retirement.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by LoverBwoy(m): 11:02pm On Mar 29, 2007
I saw this on the news yesterday, they look good though not the men- the uniforms
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2007
When did uniforms begin to ensure adequate security for the common man.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by LoverBwoy(m): 11:16pm On Mar 29, 2007
the uniforms are not for our sake but their comfort apparently. they're saying something like its too hot so they can switch

anyway, they planning to ask "Nigerians" if they should adopt the new uniform before moving ahead with production-yea right madam got the contract already!
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by abdkabir(m): 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2007
Too funny a country. When will they get it: "Change starts from within".
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by cuteass1(f): 1:07am On Mar 30, 2007
ezioku:

What has the uniform got to do with there efficiency?
thanks dearie, good question wink

i don't think the change in uniform had anything to do with the "changes from within" or "efficiency"

personally i think the new one looks more presentable and less local, now what does that have to do with "efficiency"

LoverBwoy:

the uniforms are not for our sake but their comfort apparently. they're saying something like its too hot so they can switch

anyway,

if they were suffocating in the previous one like someone mentioned, then isn't it only proper and human to do something about it. Should they all die of suffocation because the government and leadership is crooked.

changing in character and efficiency is a topic for another day and has nothing to do with the uniform.
Does a uniform automatically make you good or bad?? cool
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 30, 2007
Nigerians and their way of arguing from inside a tunnel.

Pray if i could sleep in Lagos with 2 eyes closed, would it matter if the police go about their business naked?
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by cuteass1(f): 1:12am On Mar 30, 2007
davidylan:

Nigerians and their way of arguing from inside a tunnel.

Pray if i could sleep in Lagos with 2 eyes closed, would it matter if the police go about their business naked?

what are you actually trying to say??
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 30, 2007
Nigerians na wa. grin

By what yardstick do we measure the "local nature" of our present Police uniform? That of the NYPD?

What is the use spending billions of naira kitting the police with new uniforms when they have no operational vehicles, no arms, poor salaries?

Talk of putting the cart before the horse. Only in Nigeria!
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by cuteass1(f): 1:43am On Mar 30, 2007
you are the one in the tunnel angry for assuming others with their own points of view are inside one. So we should all shut up because you've spoken and to hell with what we think. Its our own country too, you know?

if you were working in a place, and the business wasn't going well, would you now choose to dress uncomfortably so that the business woud rise.

United we stand, we all have a responsibility of making our country a better place, if the armed-robbers who also happen to be human beings weren't as greedy and heartless as they were, then you would have been able to be sleeping with your eyes closed

if our government and leadership wasn't screwed up and long-throated, don't we have enough money to make our police comfortable and at the same time make the country a better place

Yes, there should be improvement generally. I for one always complain about the corruption and bribery eating deep into our country

but that does not mean i find it a bad idea that our police look good and feel comfortable

Thier priority might be a bit unreal but that still doesn't make it a bad idea wink
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 30, 2007
cute-ass:

you are the one in the tunnel angry for assuming others with their own points of view are inside one. So we should all shut up because you've spoken and to hell with what we think. Its our own country too, you know?

Relax, its not time for hyperventilating but for sober reflection about the idiots who parade themselves as the servants of the people instead of their pockets and bellies. wink

cute-ass:

if you were working in a place, and the business wasn't going well, would you now choose to dress uncomfortably so that the business woud rise.

Firstly this does not address the issue. As an organisation charged with the security of lives and property, should the priority be on dressing comfortably or on providing adequate facilities and boosting the morale of your force? The same IGP parading new police uniforms was busy inviting Scotland Yard detectives to solve the mystery of Engr Funsho Williams murder, more than a yr after we are no closer to bringing the killers to book.
Do armed robbers decorate themselves with flowery uniforms?

What is the point wearing a beautiful uniform when each time i call the police for help they tell me "no fuel, no vehicle, no paper, no bullets, oga is not on seat"?

cute-ass:

United we stand, we all have a responsibility of making our country a better place, if the armed-robbers who also happen to be human beings weren't as greedy and heartless as they were, then you would have been able to be sleeping with your eyes closed

If our leaders provided a conducive environment for employment generation, perhaps we would have less armed robbers today. Perhaps those who should be less greedy and heartless should not be the armed robbers but the pen robbers at Aso Rock.

cute-ass:

but that does not mean i find it a bad idea that our police look good and feel comfortable
Thier priority might be a bit unrea but that still doesn't make it a bad idea wink

I'm sure if the police really feel comfortable and look good they would not be at illegal checkpoints extorting N20 to survive!

A well dressed corpse is still a corpse.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by cuteass1(f): 2:12am On Mar 30, 2007
davidylan:

A well dressed corpse is still a corpse.

yes its still a corpse but at least, the person that attended the funeral would say my gosh, the corpse was fine.
should it be lying naked, just to prove to the whole world its a corpse?

The european governments dresses their police fine and the countries are booming, why can't that be the case for Nigeria?

Will their wearing a bad uniform, bring the oga to seat??

why can't we deal with the problems the country is having and forget about the "one little good thing" they managed to achieve?

do you think by purnishing them and making them go with uncomfortable clothes will make them better??

if your dad was a police-officer, came home complaining of the suffocation he suffered in the uniforn, will you tell him to shut-up, afterall they're not doing a good job?

why can't we be supportive of the good intention and then hope that more things should be improved?

some police men are very good at what they do, should they now be punished for the sins of the bad ones?

why can't our nation find ways of making the police force more accurate, efficient, disciplined. What does that have to do with their uniform??

everybody should put the question: what if i were in their shoes in their pockets wink
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 30, 2007
Again you totally miss my point. Perhaps if you have ever had to endure the horror of armed robbers while the police constable down the street gives you the excuse of "no fuel, no bullets" for his inability to perform his constitutional duty you might see why fashionable uniforms may be putting the cart before the horse.

cute-ass:

The european governments dresses their police fine and the countries are booming, why can't that be the case for Nigeria?

The same European governments do not just dress their police force fine, they provide them with every single tool that makes their job easier. I'm sure when IGP Ehindero invited scotland yard detectives to solve the murder of Engr Funso Williams it was not because they had better looking uniforms.

cute-ass:

do you think by purnishing them and making them go with uncomfortable clothes will make them better??

if your dad was a police-officer, came home complaining of the suffocation he suffered in the uniforn, will you tell him to shut-up, afterall they're not doing a good job?

I would be more concerned with the pay package of the constable than how beautiful his uniform looks. Of what use is a colorful uniform when our officers are mountin illegal roadblocks, extorting N20 to survive?
We punish our policemen not by denying them new uniforms but by denying them the tools required to make them more efficient and failing to provide them with a decent standard of living.

cute-ass:

why can't our nation find ways of making the police force more accurate, efficient, disciplined. What does that have to do with their uniform??

It has everything to do with their uniform. Such policy blunders are a sharp reminder that those we have voted into office do not have the foresight required to move Nigeria forward.
An IGP that is more interested in new uniforms than equiping our run down police barracks, equiping our police force and improving their standard of living should be kicked out.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by BlackMamba(m): 2:50am On Mar 30, 2007
With all these EFCC "winching", IGP came up with some legit looking project to make millions of dollars.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by WesleyanA(f): 6:58am On Mar 31, 2007
nice. smiley

but I hope they have bigger plans ahead.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by dblock(m): 7:22am On Mar 31, 2007
Those are nice uniforms, geesh must we criticize everything shocked shocked
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by WesleyanA(f): 8:00am On Mar 31, 2007
the nigerian police definitely deserve criticism.
i read some article where a group of about 50 armed men attacked a bank, the police arrived late, and even when they arrived with all that they have, weapons and all, they stayed for like a few minutes and retreated 'cause the armed men were too strong for them undecided . they managed to shoot like 1 or 2 guys down and the police declared it a victory. because the rest 48 got away with all the money and 2 are dead. that's a police victory undecided undecided the police chief declared it too and congratulated his men.

that isn't the exact story but really close. I read it a while ago so i don't remember every detail.

shame undecided

I hope they have plans for some sort of reform though. I take the new uniforms as a sign that there's something coming ahead. i hope
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by WesleyanA(f): 8:06am On Mar 31, 2007
BlackMamba:

With all these EFCC "winching", IGP came up with some legit looking project to make millions of dollars.

lmao cheesy cheesy.
oh well.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by osegwu(m): 8:45am On Mar 31, 2007
davidylan:

Again you totally miss my point. Perhaps if you have ever had to endure the horror of armed robbers while the police constable down the street gives you the excuse of "no fuel, no bullets" for his inability to perform his constitutional duty you might see why fashionable uniforms may be putting the cart before the horse.

The same European governments do not just dress their police force fine, they provide them with every single tool that makes their job easier. I'm sure when IGP Ehindero invited scotland yard detectives to solve the murder of Engr Funso Williams it was not because they had better looking uniforms.

I would be more concerned with the pay package of the constable than how beautiful his uniform looks. Of what use is a colorful uniform when our officers are mountin illegal roadblocks, extorting N20 to survive?
We punish our policemen not by denying them new uniforms but by denying them the tools required to make them more efficient and failing to provide them with a decent standard of living.

It has everything to do with their uniform. Such policy blunders are a sharp reminder that those we have voted into office do not have the foresight required to move Nigeria forward.
An IGP that is more interested in new uniforms than equiping our run down police barracks, equiping our police force and improving their standard of living should be kicked out.

My dear. would you by all means know much the Salary of an Inspector is. I am sure it is not up to what we pay our House maid if you have one.

How many times have we agitated for salary increase of the average Police Officer? Those guys are suffering, lets call a

spade a spade. Have you ever asked yourself why there are no Graduates in the Nigerian Police? because the Salary is

too poor. Lets see if the change from Black and Black will lead to a bit of change of heart.

Let their Salary be raised to that of the Civil Service according to their levels of Education and see if some of these

nonsence will not stop
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by akara(m): 9:29am On Mar 31, 2007
grin

Its about time they had a change of clothing the black ones made them look dirtier and unkept as much as they tried. It gave a bad and very back image. Compare the old uniform to that of the FRSC - see the difference.

I hope it is not a legitimate means for the the top brass to get fat dollar accounts as was the case in the past, where designers were paid, the buttons were imported and so on.

grin
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by azorjiu(m): 9:37am On Mar 31, 2007
I hope they make the uniform white so that they will have to wash them daily after soiling them during roja collection on the high ways.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by akara(m): 10:13am On Mar 31, 2007
wearing white is asking too much, consider the heat, dust, and the amala at the buka. A decent colour that can be maintained but not like that of local government officials o.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by dafman(m): 11:37am On Mar 31, 2007
The new uniforms sure looks more respectable than the former black on black, I just hope they will act more respectable.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Badman888(m): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2007
The new uniform is better, but the problem is that would they give money to the police to buy new ones, they definately wont.
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by Abdblues(m): 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2007
It is not a change in Uniform that is required, Rather a change in attitude is what we desire so so much. Afterall the uniform has been changed before but they just became worse
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by lilvonz(m): 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2007
The way OBJ changed NEPA to PHCN and now the light became worse so will they change their uniform and become worse
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by dafman(m): 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2007
Haba! Why you dey swear for police
Re: New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms by wisemikky(m): 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2007
i saw the I.G. in the Guardian newspaper showing off the uniform.

it really doesn't matter what color the NPF uniform is. who gives a hoot? what the I.G. and his boys should concern themselves  with is how to "serve and protect" and not this. (the uniforms look cute though, but not the models-they suck!).

by the way, is it just my imagination that all Nigerian police men are way too handsome , i guess that's why they've been behaving so mannerlesslygrin

they shud rethink their duties as "COPS"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#WhereIsBuhari Trending On Twitter / PDP reconciles Kwankwaso & Shekarau Factions / El-Rufai Ignores Protesting Workers, Attends Conference In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.