Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

They Kept Black People In Zoos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / They Kept Black People In Zoos (1263 Views)

Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" / The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State / “I Don’t Give My Instagram To Black People" - White Model To Black Photographer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Kept Black People In Zoos by bingbagbo(m): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
A young African girl on display inside a Human Zoo, Belgium, 1950s

This is unacceptable
Worst form of disrespect

2 Likes

Re: They Kept Black People In Zoos by jerryunit48: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
Leopold 11 of Belgium did so much to Africans you wouldn’t believe but I will just let it be
Re: They Kept Black People In Zoos by BIGVAJINA(f): 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
jerryunit48:
Leopold 11 of Belgium did so much to Africans you wouldn’t believe but I will just let it be

It's a pity
Re: They Kept Black People In Zoos by StarFlux: 12:17am On Aug 14, 2018
Ah, Belgian Congo - the worst of the worst. These oyinbos still have not paid for the crimes they commited and continue to comit.
Re: They Kept Black People In Zoos by RedboneSmith(m): 9:59am On Aug 14, 2018
Every time, I see this picture I am startled again by how recently this was happening. The 1950s. Black people were not a novelty in the West in the 1950s. Yet this was still going on at that time. Most shocking.

1 Like

Re: They Kept Black People In Zoos by bingbagbo(m): 9:49am On Aug 22, 2018
RedboneSmith:
Every time, I see this picture I am startled again by how recently this was happening. The 1950s. Black people were not a novelty in the West in the 1950s. Yet this was still going on at that time. Most shocking.

Very sad
Re: They Kept Black People In Zoos by Blackfire(m): 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2018
Have you seen what we Africans have done to ourselves throughout history.... And even now...look around people.
Re: They Kept Black People In Zoos by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 25, 2018
Blackfire:
Have you seen what we Africans have done to ourselves throughout history.... And even now...look around people.

Stop being silly.
Re: They Kept Black People In Zoos by Blackfire(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Stop being silly.

Just Google black on black violence you will be balkanized.

The evil our forefathers committed during the slave trade will leave you with tears, sorrows and bloods.

Now your are the silly one.
Re: They Kept Black People In Zoos by bingbagbo(m): 8:35am On Aug 28, 2018
Blackfire:

Just Google black on black violence you will be balkanized.

The evil our forefathers committed during the slave trade will leave you with tears, sorrows and bloods.

Now your are the silly one.

Hmmmm
Re: They Kept Black People In Zoos by kingsmaila(m): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2018
Too Bad.

(1) (Reply)

Ife And Benin: See Strang Things That Happened Between The Ancient Cities For 80 / The Urhobo Boy / Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.