Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,777 members, 7,802,385 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? (26599 Views)

Husband Faints In Labour Room / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? / Nine Nurses In The Same Labour Unit All Pregnant At Same Time In Maine Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Glorylynn: 8:27am On Aug 14, 2018
ineedahusband:
I DON'T KNOW . LET ME FIND A HUSBAND FIRST embarassed

I am here,search no more
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Nobodys(f): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2018
SlimBrawnie:

That is my problem with CS. I've got flat tommy and tight pelvic, I'd have to let go of one to have my kids. I'm open to any one though but will prefer VD
I think even with vaginal delivery, one can still get that bulgy stomach....Just do lot of exercises and eat healthy, you will be fine....

I have researched on this and well the women didn't complain of that....btw most of these celebrities abroad use CS... buh the stomach's still flatter than ever....

4 Likes

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2018
dingbang:
wow, so there are two types of CS.

We learn everyday..

Please expanciate more on elective CS and Emergency CS

The elective is when you know from the onset that, that's what you want. Your own preferred way of having your child. While the emergency is when something goes wrong during Vaginal birth, maybe the mother develops High BP or the baby is Breech or Tired or the heart rate is dropping. Basically when the baby or mother is at risk sha.
Doctors, I hope I tried? I've read too many baby books and Labour Room drama on Stella's blog

5 Likes

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by 1miccza: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2018
Oyindidi:
Your moniker kuku be offpoint so I no go vex for this rubbish wey you type.

grin grin grin oruko lon roo
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by AnanseK(m): 8:32am On Aug 14, 2018
Exponental:
CS. Most men don't want it cos of cost. NHIS makes sense on this!
-A mother of five shared her experiences: 1st born was through the 'push', she claimed she nearly died. 2nd born, she chose to try CS and claimed it was easy. The other 3, she claimed she personally drove herself to the hospital and requested for CS. Meanwhile, she's an health officer working in the hospital. She must have seen a lot.
-A woman died 2 yrs ago because her husband didnt approve of CS as advised. After labour, the placenta didn't come out. He finally approved CS for the removal of the placenta after much time. She gave up in the process.

CS is not done for removal of retained placenta. Please check your facts again if this was in approved hospital with registered doctors.
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Nobodys(f): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2018
ImaIma1:

After the first 2 to 3 days, it gets better. I attended a wedding exactly a week after delivery through CS

.... Please ma'am, about the bulgy stomach issue, what do you say?.

1 Like

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by 1miccza: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2018
Adamummya:

was induced and had 8 hours painful labour ..
baby was 3.5kg and I was given a cut that reopened after 3 days ,and they stitched me again afterwards I sat in hot water for 2 weeks for me to be tight again

Geez like 8 hours, my God!! I can imagine what your husband was going through back then... Thank God both the baby and the mother came out safe....
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by odinga1of: 8:36am On Aug 14, 2018
Zanxx:
CS all the way. You should see women in labour arrive at the hospital, charley no be easy. It scares me like crazy. Had a nasty argument with one of the midwives when she was insisting i go into the labour room and do verification for woman in labour. Told her point blank i wont do it but will wait till she delivers. She kept shouting "are you not a woman? Won't you give birth?" . Madam the only labour i want to see is mine

You sound like a Ghanaian, etisen?
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by delishpot: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2018
peacengine:
CS is about 4* more expensive than normal birth, wicked women, all u know is to waste ur husband's money angry

People like you, all the women linked to them surffer the effect of your uncontroled hatred and stupidity. Wait and see.
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Nobodys(f): 8:40am On Aug 14, 2018
Tallesty1:
Genesis
grin *Slaps him*

1 Like

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by sekzy99(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2018
dingbang:
This post goes out to all the ladies out there, and as well doctors and nurses in the house.

I had a conversation with a female colleague of mine and the chat led to this. I asked why if she would choose CS over normal delivery, and she chose CS . I was surprised.

Would you choose CS over normal delivery supposing there were no health implications?

For the men, would you allow your wives to choose CS over normal delivery ?

Drop your matured comments.

what's the average cost of cs in a private hospital here in Nigeria?
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Tallesty1(m): 8:43am On Aug 14, 2018
Nobodys:
grin *Slaps him*
Hand too soft, I did not feel any pain.
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:45am On Aug 14, 2018
1StopRudeness:

Even in Nigeria, CS is like one of the easiest thing to do......20-30mins maximum.it's because of funding which most patients can't afford. atleast the cheapest CS is around 130k couple with the fact that we Nigerians like to put relegion into everything.....

..Nigeria doctors encourage CS more..because it's within control and better managed than normal VD which is dependent on hormone and ability of patient to withstand pain...
..the only thing that could go wrong is the patient's clinical reaction to ketamine, some paitient don't just ever wake up from the anesthesic. Like the brain just became comfortable with the sleep and decided to sleep finally......or paralysis if open eye surgery is done
Good one kiss
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by OMOTOWO(m): 8:56am On Aug 14, 2018
Deprofessional:
Men hardly cheat on women who deliver through CS.

If you know, you know.

Dont ask me why.
tell me why because my wife delivered my boy through CS and I am...if u know,you know too
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by CanineOfJackal: 8:56am On Aug 14, 2018
Divay22:

Why ma'am?
Pls tell me, so i can have concrete reason to go for it grin
Get a bf first then turn him to a husband then have sex with him then make sure he has healthy sperm to make you pregnant then you can decide the best method for delivery.

Instead of those stress why don't we just have sex and go enjoy ourselves
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Lilimax(f): 8:58am On Aug 14, 2018
Mumben:
I don't know which is better. it depends on the pelvic bone of d woman, some women can't av VD cos of d size n shape of d pubic bone so CS becomes d only option. I've had 4 vaginal deliveries to d glory of God. labour is not easy at all oh but d pain disappear s almost immediately after delivery. d first labour is usually more painful n prolonged but subsequent ones becomes bearable to some extent(personal experience.)
True!

I had normal 3 Vaginal deliveries for all my kids.
My first delivery was very difficult. I laboured for 10 hours under induced labour before giving birth. Very painful though... cry
Other subsequent deliveries of my babies were very easy. smiley
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by NoToPile: 8:59am On Aug 14, 2018
Lots of factors determine if the delivery will be through Cs or normal labor.

While I was in labour ward I saw a situation where the doctors told a woman that she had to go for a cs, she had been induced and it seemed things were not picking up, the hubby was trying to show reluctance and they told him point blank, the theatre is free now your wife's case is CS, go and pay whatever you have, an emergency CS patient may come a anytime. Sharp sharp she was taken.

Another one had a twin delivery vaginal birth, another twin delivery came and Cs was done, both were third time mother's. I asked th mother that did Cs later she said the presentation of the leading twin was not favorable that's why she had to go for CS

One particular mother was shouting CS oooo CS oooo. She removed everything on her they told her point blank that they have parameters for Cs and she do not qualify everything was looking good. The same people that that convincing someone who who for CS were were same one one said she can have the baby herself One very nice doctor now calmed her down and told her that now that she removed everything has the pain reduced she said no. Then she started all over again I even think my own screams contributed to her fear because I eventually had my baby before her, the stitching for me was quite painful about 20 times higher that the labor pain even after several injections down there for pain. She eventually had her baby via normal birth.

I also saw a woman who the had already bought the theatre pack an she eventually had the baby via normal delivery. My bed neighbor after delivery too was supposed to have a CS somehow the baby came out before they could prepare her.

My bed neighbor before delivery didn't make it to the delivery room she she her baby right there

My point is different cases different situations, a normal delivery can go awry within minutes and the doctors sometimes have some minutes to take a decision. I saw how situations can just change sharp sharp. The family members by the door that mostly judge the woman are not always in there most times to see what's happening.

I had my baby at a general hospital hospital for the short time I was in in labor ward I saw orishirishi.

I can NEVER judge any body for what ever method of delivery done

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by shark003: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2018
Either VD or CS, from experience it's quite relative to body reaction to this medical procedure.

Just sit your medical practitioner down for enlightenment and decide on anyway that suits you.

The pain threshold of everyone defers, so whatever you decide I'm still with the VD for now except if my Dr can convince there's no restrictions of number of kids I can give birth.

Thanks.
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Starigna12: 9:01am On Aug 14, 2018
dingbang:
wow, so there are two types of CS.

We learn everyday..

Please expanciate more on elective CS and Emergency CS
Elective CS is a planned CS that is arranged ahead of time. There is enough time for necessary preparations, physically, psychologically and spiritually. The outcome is always successful.
While emergency CS are performed in a failed vaginal delivery that an indication for CS has since developed. The purpose is to save the life of the mother or baby that is at risk. The outcome may or may not be successful.
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Ollawilliam: 9:02am On Aug 14, 2018
Don’t do it for non-medical reasons

See why

Risks of a caesarean

A caesarean is generally a very safe procedure, but like any type of surgery it carries a certain amount of risk.

It's important to be aware of the possible complications, particularly if you're considering having a caesarean for non-medical reasons.

Possible complications include:

infection of the wound or womb lining
blood clots
excessive bleeding
damage to nearby areas, such as the bladder or the tubes that connect the kidneys and bladder (ureter)
temporary breathing difficulties in your baby
accidentally cutting your baby when your womb is opened

4 Likes

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 14, 2018
geeudy:
I gave birth to my first child through emergency CS, after long time of labour, the doctor noticed that my pelvic was too tight for her head to come out. My next baby, I will opt for CS, cos I can't go through that pain again.

Labour pain is the most painful thing i have ever known. I laboured for my first for good 17 hours without dilating and my baby was distressed before i was wheeled in for an emergency CS. My next i will jejely walk in to have CS done, no be me give Adam apple chop biko!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by robosky02(m): 9:11am On Aug 14, 2018
Oyindidi:
the person wey make you dey ask this question

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by dingbang(m): 9:12am On Aug 14, 2018
AryaSand:

The elective is when you know from the onset that, that's what you want. Your own preferred way of having your child. While the emergency is when something goes wrong during Vaginal birth, maybe the mother develops High BP or the baby is Breech or Tired or the heart rate is dropping. Basically when the baby or mother is at risk sha.
Doctors, I hope I tried? I've read too many baby books and Labour Room drama on Stella's blog
wow..thanks Arya. kiss
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by dingbang(m): 9:13am On Aug 14, 2018
lonelydora:

I will choose CS over normal delivery over and over again
lmao
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Skyeplus(m): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Deprofessional:
Men hardly cheat on women who deliver through CS.

If you know, you know.

Dont ask me why.
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Divay22(f): 9:17am On Aug 14, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
Get a bf first then turn him to a husband then have sex with him then make sure he has healthy sperm to make you pregnant then you can decide the best method for delivery.

Instead of those stress why don't we just have sex and go enjoy ourselves
Are you ready to father a child now, not just one but two (ibeji) wink
Cause your sperm should be healthy for that tongue
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 14, 2018
dingbang:
wow..thanks Arya. kiss

*Curtsy* You're welcome sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Divay22(f): 9:24am On Aug 14, 2018
Nobodys:
Some even stay there the whole day , crying and shouting , baby nor gree come out....

One of the ladies I asked said she stayed a whole day, and her baby was dying.... When she finally pushed the baby, she passed out, baby passed out....they had to use oxygen whatever to revive the baby....

Anybody that quote Genesis here will receive slap from me.....
That quoting of Genesis gat me laughing grin grin grin
Abeg it's not worth it, not like one will never give birth again or people will see you as an outcast if she decides to opt for it.

There was a time my roommate was praying against it for her sister who was pregnant, the naive me then prayed along with her not until i decided to read more about it and found out it was even more safer than natural (at least after hours of labour stress)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by ImaIma1(f): 9:25am On Aug 14, 2018
Nobodys:
.... Please ma'am, about the bulgy stomach issue, what do you say?.

I think it works differently for people. My tummy greatly reduced in the first few months...maybe because i was exclusively breastfeeding. I don't know.

One of the things i did was to drink warm water rather than water from the fridge. Then tummy exercise after your doc says it's ok.

Some people are lucky that they don't have to do a thing.

1 Like

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Juliearth(f): 9:26am On Aug 14, 2018
dingbang:
This post goes out to all the ladies out there, and as well doctors and nurses in the house.

I had a conversation with a female colleague of mine and the chat led to this. I asked why if she would choose CS over normal delivery, and she chose CS . I was surprised.

Would you choose CS over normal delivery supposing there were no health implications?

For the men, would you allow your wives to choose CS over normal delivery ?

Drop your matured comments.

There is nothing wrong with C section especially for those with low pain threshold. However, I would prefer to have a normal delivery. Just to have a feel of that pain that mothers always talk about.
Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2018
shocked

All these stories, chai, I'm scared. But I look forward to experiencing it someday.

1 Like

Re: Ceasarean Section Or Induced Labour Delivery, Which Is Better? by dingbang(m): 9:34am On Aug 14, 2018
Suulola:
shocked

All these stories, chai, I'm scared. But I look forward to experiencing it someday.
don't be scared cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Brother Insists That I Follow A Yahoo Guy / Husband Beats Pregnant wife for flogging his Dog...! / My Husband Was Beaten Mercilessly When Caught With Another Man’s Wife —wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.