Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (452825 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Clicked: 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2020
Adsales:

But it will be worth it in the end. Extra points will now be awarded for French language skills. Latest announcement today

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/additional-points-in-express-entry-to-help-increase-francophone-immigration-outside-quebec.html

This is awesome!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
Adsales:

But it will be worth it in the end. Extra points will now be awarded for French language skills. Latest announcement today

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/10/additional-points-in-express-entry-to-help-increase-francophone-immigration-outside-quebec.html

If anyone was looking for ginger to study harder....this is it right here 20 extra CRS points (50 now versus 30 previously).....and it's with immediate effect. CRS grid updated!

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Igethope: 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
But my score has not changed. I gained 16 points from TEF. Does that mean it will change from 16 to 25 ?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
Igethope:
But my score has not changed. I gained 16 points from TEF. Does that mean it will change from 16 to 25 ?

You need to get CLB7 across the 4 competences to get the 50 extra points.

16 probably means CLB9 or 10 in two competences, one CLB7 and one CLB5 or 6. I don't think there will be a change in this scenario. It might be worth redoing with the number of points at stake.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2020
Adsales:

That’s so huge

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by olalekan9320(m): 12:30am On Oct 28, 2020
TEF is the way to go even though to get more than B2+ in all épreuves isn't moi moi. No need doing all those short (and long) courses

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by showbooy: 3:04am On Oct 28, 2020
Please do you know of anyone that has gotten his /her passport(approved) back recently... I submitted since March ...
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Yinkaexpress: 4:11am On Oct 28, 2020
This is a ginger for us all. We can do it!!!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 10:50am On Oct 28, 2020
showbooy:
Please do you know of anyone that has gotten his /her passport(approved) back recently... I submitted since March ...

Send an email to Accra VO. They'll respond to you. Copy Lagos VO.

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

Include all your deets in the email.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by robify01: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2020
Will learning French now be an advantage for one intending to live in Canada? Where can I learn French?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2020
robify01:
Will learning French now be an advantage for one intending to live in Canada? Where can I learn French?

Well, Canada is a bilingual country. A lot of jobs require bilingual competencies or outright say "Knowledge of French is an advantage".

For people looking for additional points, a whopping 74 points are up for grabs. Some PNPs like OINP, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia actively seek French speaking candidates.

Alliance Francais, IEF, online vendors, Self study are some options. Begin your French journey today.

4 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nasachuky(f): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2020
Please where can I learn french in Aba?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by sleekbabe: 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
Hi amazing people,

Please any recommendations for TEF Canada tutor in Lagos? As well as when the next exam Is slated for.

Also, how much it costs and where to register.

Please help.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nasachuky:
Please where can I learn french in Aba?

Perhaps check with the local university language department for a french teacher or lecturer who may be able to refer you to a tutor or school. Maybe also check with AF in this link, they may know a school close to you. Online tutors also available, pls read through his thread to see all the online tutor options that have been shared.

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/81#86382618
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by isangjohnson: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
@ Obingene. I've dropped Pm for you. Please hook me up.......
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Eli1: 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2020
I am writing the TEF exam tomorrow morning. Franchement, i’m quite frightened as I have only been learning French for only 7 months.

Anyway i’ll be posting the questions passed after the exam.

A question for those who have done the exam in the past please, does the EO test come immediately after the other tests?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Elektra008(f): 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eli1:
I am writing the TEF exam tomorrow morning. Franchement, i’m quite frightened as I have only been learning French for only 7 months.

A question for those who have done the exam in the past please, does the EO test come immediately after the other tests?
all the best!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Chriswazo(m): 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eli1:

Wow, all the best. To speak this language upto level of TEf exams no be moi moi, Choi. This my cut and join, na so my waka go be�

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Eli1: 9:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
Chriswazo:

Wow, all the best. To speak this language upto level of TEf exams no be moi moi, Choi. This my cut and join, na so my waka go be�

Thank you
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Eli1: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2020
Elektra008:
all the best!

Thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by olalekan9320(m): 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
Eli1:

Like 10 minutes after, the first to finish would be the first to do the speaking while a list would be used for the rest
Bon chance!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Eli1: 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2020
olalekan9320:

Like 10 minutes after, the first to finish would be the first to do the speaking while a list would be used for the rest
Bon chance!

Oh great! Thank you so much for the information and the well wishes.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 12:07am On Oct 31, 2020
Eli1:

All the best!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mamasunshine: 6:58am On Oct 31, 2020
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mamasunshine: 7:00am On Oct 31, 2020
All the best. May the odds be in your favour.
Eli1:

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Thetherapist: 8:12am On Oct 31, 2020
Amarapearl:
Good morning All, i would like to know who has paid for french with Alexa, i wont mind paying half of the price so that we can have access to the site
thanks

Are you still interested in this. if yes, send me a PM
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cutebear: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
olalekan9320:
Yes, it was, many thanks to elders of this thread

It was physical class

In my opinion, physical class is 50% tutor, 50 % personal efforts while online class is 25% tutor, 75 % personal efforts.

My "exam experience" was similar to the one shared by Framaro and asusfanatics.

My questions
CE
Normandie
Magazine Elle
7 et 97
Estival
Facilite
Apart from the long texts, other questions were totally new.

CO 047 (only OGs would understand)

EE
dans un monde moderne. Le magasin ne devrait jamais fermer

A man that just retired was sharing money and a passerby called the police...

Here is my timeline, it isn't ideal because of Covid

Joined IEF November last year till mid march because of covid angry. I moved to self study, my speaking wasn't good so I started searching for people to speak with got a few from different countries. Also paid a friend/tutor just to speak with her. Read schaum's grammar, French verb drills, TEF 250 ( all these books are available on this thread) also scanned through Alter ego B1, B2 and C1.

My friends and I started speaking almost everyday around April/May, ( my secret to speaking smiley ). I also got another tutor to correct my writing and speaking. Returned to IEF in June for B2 but left after like 3 days, I felt I don't really need it, went back for TEF class in July. Did several speaking sessions with Mamaroon and monsieur Fabguen, was certified okay and we eventually moved to writing, they gave a lot of advise and tips which really helped (Thank you very much for your selfless service, I so much appreciate). Left IEF again in July as I felt I really needed to focus on my writing, traffic wasn't also helping, so I continued with my previous tutor, she corrected my speaking and writing.
Ayande do send recent EE questions which I usually answer and she correct (Thank you very much, words can't express how grateful I am to you guys )

Wrote the exam in September, result came out after about 20 days.

Just to add
I focused more on writing and speaking because the pass rate is low especially writing, it's the French that you know that would help(and grace), no shortcut unlike the other two.

Read the long text for reading and listening more than 6 times. For longtext, there are different editions, same questions but different answers, I used the long text on TEF academie

The Ogas of this thread have already given a lot of tips, you can click on their moniker to read them.

TEF gave me 48 points, Wes and Unilorin has been passing me to each other but not really bothered since my CRS score is now 491

Please what do you think is a good price for private speaking classes? My main problem is speaking....I have no problem with listening & reading...my writing is okay and can easily be improved but this speaking is such a huge issue for me. Institut Français in Abuja is telling me N4,700 per hour (I know they are very good with tutoring in that school). But I’m wondering if that amount is too much. I had lessons with another tutor for 3,700 for 2 hours 3 times a week but to be honest, he wasn’t a great tutor. Do you think my speaking lessons should be at least 2 hours daily with a tutor? Or 1 hour is okay.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Chriswazo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
cutebear:

Please what do you think is a good price for private speaking classes? My main problem is speaking....I have no problem with listening & reading...my writing is okay and can easily be improved but this speaking is such a huge issue for me. Institut Français in Abuja is telling me N4,700 per hour (I know they are very good with tutoring in that school). But I’m wondering if that amount is too much. I had lessons with another tutor for 3,700 for 2 hours 3 times a week but to be honest, he wasn’t a great tutor. Do you think my speaking lessons should be at least 2 hours daily with a tutor? Or 1 hour is okay.

Please how did you get comfortable with listening, have problem with that too
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by olalekan9320(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
cutebear:

To be sincere, a good price depends on your capacity and the number of hours used, however, 4700 per hour is outrageous in my opinion.

It depends on your previous speaking level, 1 hour daily is okay ( this should be different from your normal class o)

don't focus on one side and neglect others o, they're all very important. Focus on your weakness and don't forget your strength

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Jaycew(f): 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hello.
Please any French tutor in Lagos? Preferably on the island.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Eli1: 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2020
Eli1:

Okay so back with details...

Firstly EO, in my opinion you need to be very comfortable with speaking French. I immersed myself in French and I struggled a lot in both sections. I was stressed, very nervous and couldn’t communicate well even with the French I could speak. But the point is I didn’t stop speaking, I continued on.

CO, you don’t get to go back to previous questions, it is timed and it goes on to the next page after the time whether you answered the question or not. Pay attention to the texts and practice with the past questions.

CE, you can go back to the questions, so if you meet questions that you do not understand move on to the others you can and then go back to answer the ones that take time.

EE, you can move back and forth between section A and B. Answer the one you know first but spend more time on the section B.
Time really passes fast during the exam so always pay attention to the time.

To be honest, Most of the questions were new, only a few, and I mean really few past questions showed up.
I can’t really remember the questions but I’ll mention the few I do remember.

EO - call for information for a magic show at home, convince your friend to go for a vacation at at country side hiking on donkeys.
Btw I thought we’d be given time to study the and prepare questions, I found out that was false and you’d start immediately.

EE, a lady shopping in the supermarket found a weird object at the fruitS and vegetables stall
It is not useful to teach computer courses to older people.

CO and EO, i can’t really remember but study the strategy to pass it through past questions one or two old ones might pop on.

I have prayed that I get a minimum of B2 superior in all of the tests, because hmmm.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
Eli1:

Okay so back with details...

Firstly EO, in my opinion you need to be very comfortable with speaking French. I immersed myself in French and I struggled a lot in both sections. I was stressed, very nervous and couldn’t communicate well even with the French I could speak. But the point is I didn’t stop speaking, I continued on.

CO, you don’t get to go back to previous questions, it is timed and it goes on to the next page after the time whether you answered the question or not. Pay attention to the texts and practice with the past questions.

CE, you can go back to the questions, so if you meet questions that you do not understand move on to the others you can and then go back to answer the ones that take time.

EE, you can move back and forth between section A and B. Answer the one you know first but spend more time on the section B.
Time really passes fast during the exam so always pay attention to the time.

To be honest, Most of the questions were new, only a few, and I mean really few past questions showed up.
I can’t really remember the questions but I’ll mention the few I do remember.

EO - call for information for a magic show at home, convince your friend to go for a vacation at at country side hiking on donkeys.
Btw I thought we’d be given time to study the and prepare questions, I found out that was false and you’d start immediately.

EE, a lady shopping in the supermarket found a weird object at the fruitS and vegetables stall
It is not useful to teach computer courses to older people.

CO and EO, i can’t really remember but study the strategy to pass it through past questions one or two old ones might pop on.

I have prayed that I get a minimum of B2 superior in all of the tests, because hmmm.

Thanks for sharing...all the best!

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (182) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.