Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (453409 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dinma27: 10:19am On May 25, 2022
aurorae1:

Ah je vois...Thanks for responding. Is it possible to share the contact of any of the private tutors you had...? Or better yet, can I PM you?

Yes ,you can pm me.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Clicked: 7:46pm On May 25, 2022
Lovinwa1:
Can someone recommend a physical class, preferably from B1 in Surulere/Yaba axis?

Check IEF. It's at Yaba, they're good.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Rosarie(f): 12:40pm On May 26, 2022
S'il vous plaît
Je suis beginner.
Pls where can I start from to study for tef
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nonylistic001: 2:55pm On May 27, 2022
I finished B2 at IEF, they are now at Ikeja.

Clicked:

Check IEF. It's at Yaba, they're good.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 7:10am On May 28, 2022
Dinma27:

Yes ,you can pm me.

Or reach me on
Zero eight zero three zero five nine zero zero eight eight

Will do. Merci.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 7:13am On May 28, 2022
Rosarie:
S'il vous plaît
Je suis beginner.
Pls where can I start from to study for tef

Honestly a school (physical or online) will work wonders for a beginner (A1, A2), starting out alone is doable but can be overwhelming and frustrating.
Then, once you have the structure and learning style down, if you want you can continue on your own.
But to get started, check out Page 1 of this thread, e 'choke' with information and links.
Bonne chance.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Rosarie(f): 3:42pm On May 28, 2022
aurorae1:

Honestly a school (physical or online) will work wonders for a beginner (A1, A2), starting out alone is doable but can be overwhelming and frustrating.
Then, once you have the structure and learning style down, if you want you can continue on your own.
But to get started, check out Page 1 of this thread, e 'choke' with information and links.
Bonne chance.
merci beaucoup
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Lovinwa1: 11:51am On May 29, 2022
How was your experience with them? Have you written TEF?
Nonylistic001:
I finished B2 at IEF, they are now at Ikeja.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Crummy: 10:40pm On May 30, 2022
Canadianbyfate:
Please is there anybody who wrote Tef at alliance francaise Ibadan on January 29th? Is your result out yet?
hope your result finally came out?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cooooooks(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2022
You can use any language as your first language.

I'd suggest using french I my if you're at B2 level or higher.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-french-speaking-skilled-worker-stream

Kolizomanizo:
Dear all.. I am a lil sad but it is what it is with the new memo. Been waiting patiently on fsw with 500+score. I intend looking for another alternative which is Ontario pnp. Please can I use French as my first language to reduce my score atleast and maybe remove my husband ECA so I can qualify for Ontario one. Someone said I cant use it cos Nigeria is not a French speaking country. Please help and advice me on what to do.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cooooooks(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2022
B2 na B2.

I personally took TCF and will take another french exam soon.

HistoryBuff:
Hello everyone. I will soon be finishing my B1 class and so I am obviously thinking more seriously about the exam that I am supposed to write at the end of all of this. I am conflicted between TEF and TCF. I know they are both acceptable for immigration purposes but I don't know if one is better than the other.

So, I would like you guys' learned opinion on what the difference is between the two and if you would recommend one over the other. For example, someone was telling me that while TEF has negative marking, TCF does not. He also said that while TEF makes a distinction between a high B2 and a low B2, TCF simply has B2. Now I'm not sure what the ramifications of a low B2 would be for one's immigration application and I would really appreciate getting your opinion on this.

Thanks.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cooooooks(m): 10:49pm On May 30, 2022
I would strongly suggest taking practice tests yourself first before getting ba coach.

The point of the coach should be to boost your speaking considerably.

The other sections do not necessarily need a coach.

Nonylistic001:
Bonsoir à tous,

My seniors in the house, please I need a very capable and verified private tutor here in Lagos to coach me on TEF preparatory exam. I just finished B2 classes and I'm looking at writing TEF this April. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cooooooks(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2022
https://www.immigration.ca/quebec-to-slash-tuition-fees-for-many-international-students-at-universities-in-outlying-regions

The Quebec Government needs people to move to their less populated regions.

As such, they are slashing tuition for international students who study in certain fields (healthcare, engineering, education, etc) at universities in those regions.

The only caveat is that you have to study in French.

If you want to go to Canada and are worried about money, this is a golden opportunity for the next few years.

I posted this on some other threads but was surprised at the lack of response. This is a good opportunity, or motivator for our nascent french speakers.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: https://www.quebec.ca/en/education/study-quebec/financial-assistance-international-students/exemption-additional-tuition-fees-depending-program-region

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cooooooks(m): 11:17pm On May 30, 2022
To do so, get a French A1 - A2 textbook.

Give yourself 2 months to go through the book. This would mean at least 1 chapter a day. For a good textbook and for a beginner, that is at least 3 to 5 hours.

After each textbook, do a complete mock french test. Perhaps do the one you would like to take (TCF or TEF).

I would recommend Vite et Bien. I used Vite et Bien 2 in Canada to learn at YMCA. HEre's a link to download Vite et Bien 1 (A1 and A2): https://www.pdfdrive.com/vite-et-bien-1-a1-a2-m%C3%A9thode-rapide-pour-adultes-e186547341.html

I promise you that it is basically a self study book (at least for Vite et Bien 2).

When I started learning french, french.about.com was by far the best online resource. I believe they do not exist anymore. I believ the lady that ran that site opened her own: https://www.lawlessfrench.com/welcome/about-lkl/

I promise you, at the beginning stage, you need motivation, and internet. My brother uses busuu.com. He has recently gotten to B1 level from complete self study.

Some more resources:
https://apprendre.tv5monde.com/en
https://www.quebecentete.com/en/studying-in-quebec-city/learn-french/

hazel01:
I went to the Ibadan center, the receptionist told me it would take 16months to learn from the beginning, that is if I go for afternoon class of 10hrs per week..The time frame is too long for me, I want to be able to write the exam by December latest. I didn't know it would take this long, maybe I would have to get a tutor

4 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 8:00am On Jun 08, 2022
Please, does anyone know how much the fee for TEF Canada exams is?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 8:45am On Jun 08, 2022
79733139:
Please, does anyone know how much the fee for TEF Canada exams is?
It's on their site. Just use Google to check "Alliance Française exam Fees Nigeria". TEF is 210k at the moment.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ChristabelleD: 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2022
Hello everyone,
I just joined this thread still reading up but it's alot. I want to sit DELF A1 on July 5th and I tried evening online lessons but after long day at work and home duties it wasn't working out so I only did one month. I still practice daily with Duolingo.
I want to start weekend intensive at Alliance Francaise this weekend, to help me brush up for DELF A1.
Question is, how many points can DELF A1 get my express application and is it worth it?
Thank you.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 6:54am On Jun 09, 2022
ChristabelleD:
Hello everyone,
I just joined this thread still reading up but it's alot. I want to sit DELF A1 on July 5th and I tried evening online lessons but after long day at work and home duties it wasn't working out so I only did one month. I still practice daily with Duolingo.
I want to start weekend intensive at Alliance Francaise this weekend, to help me brush up for DELF A1.
Question is, how many points can DELF A1 get my express application and is it worth it?
Thank you.

It's worth nothing. The only two French exams worth anything towards the express entry for Nigerians is TEF Canada/TCF and the scores that can be obtained at A1 level will not match it.
You will need to get to atleast B1/B2 level and then strategically study(hard) to pass either. For Canada people only take DELF to ascertain their level as they learn along.
This thread has a lot of resources and golden advice, try to read it, I personally have gone through it twice.
Also you need the time to learn French for TEF/TCF, you must make out the time from somewhere.
Bonne chance.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cooooooks(m): 9:25am On Jun 09, 2022
I wouldn't do an A1 exam. A B1 DELF may be helpful for entry into a French speaking university.

You need to test yourself, or get a French teacher to test you. That's a good way to keep yourself honest.

As for time, my brother/sis; you have to make time.
Are you married? Convince your spouse to take on more work while you do this study.
Can you switch your movies from English to French? Can you watch French children TV?

Good luck.
ChristabelleD:
Hello everyone,
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by babakb: 10:41am On Jun 09, 2022
cooooooks:
I wouldn't do an A1 exam. A B1 DELF may be helpful for entry into a French speaking university.

You need to test yourself, or get a French teacher to test you. That's a good way to keep yourself honest.

Are you married? Convince your spouse to take on more work while you do this study.
Can you switch your movies from English to French? Can you watch French children TV?

Good luck.

I'm saving up money to go to Lome and spend 1 year there for an immersion course, it's better than beating around the Bush here....
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cooooooks(m): 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
Definitely.

I think Badagry is supposed to be a good immersion experience as well.

I would strongly suggest that you watch Quebec TV as well. The accents, slangs, etc are different as well.

What is the trajectory with the immersion program?
French everyday? Leaving immersion with C1?
babakb:

I'm saving up money to go to Lome and spend 1 year there for an immersion course, it's better than beating around the Bush here....
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ChristabelleD: 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2022
I am not looking at schooling, I just need something to get extra points to add to our score, my husband isn't even around always so that's out of planning time and i work full time and there is home and kids, I do Duolingo daily and it has helped in basic communication. I just want something to add what ever scores I can get. I appreciate your feedback.

cooooooks:

Good luck.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cooooooks(m): 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
If the aim is for japa points, it's better to wait until you're at B2 level to take the TEF or TCF.

Aunty, doing it alone, with kids, won't be easy but is not impossible.

Take stock of every minute of your day. Can you do a trial 1 week run?

You need to carve out 1 to 3 hours a day.

If you can get a physical A1 or A2 textbook, get it. Alternatively, download one of the books on this thread, and try to print it.

ChristabelleD:
I am not looking at schooling, I just need something to get extra points to add to our score, my husband isn't even around always so that's out of planning time and i work full time and there is home and kids, I do Duolingo daily and it has helped in basic communication. I just want something to add what ever scores I can get. I appreciate your feedback.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nov202011: 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2022
ChristabelleD:

Hello, please send me a pm or drop your number lets get this done. For real!!!

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by TefC1plug: 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
I understand you perfectly, that is why we are here to help you get that desired score within the shortest time possible. We are a pm away.
Where is your location? Lagos?

ChristabelleD:

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by TefC1plug: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Now that ITA should resume in July. Needless to say that TEF is now the real deal. We can help you get your desired french score within the shortest time possible. Tested and trusted.
#ifyouknowyouknow# #younoneedtocrackyourbrain#
#amasegbogboefune#

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by TefC1plug: 7:52am On Jun 13, 2022
Hi,

We can help you get your desired score before December. You can send a pm
hazel01:
I went to the Ibadan center, the receptionist told me it would take 16months to learn from the beginning, that is if I go for afternoon class of 10hrs per week..The time frame is too long for me, I want to be able to write the exam by December latest. I didn't know it would take this long, maybe I would have to get a tutor
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ridboy94(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2022
cooooooks:
Congrats.

Check out QC handing out massive discounts if you school outside Montreal.

https://www.quebec.ca/en/education/study-quebec/financial-assistance-international-students/exemption-additional-tuition-fees-depending-program-region

Good morning. Please is this possible with DELF B2 ? Do I start from Bachelors degree ? Thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cooooooks(m): 12:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
Yes, with B2 is possible.

My understanding is that graduate school is also possible.

You'd have to apply to schools first, en français.
ridboy94:

Good morning. Please is this possible with DELF B2 ? Do I start from Bachelors degree ? Thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ridboy94(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
Okay. Thanks a lot. Could I send you a D.M ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (182) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

Viewing this topic: ev4real(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.