Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (453446 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kratodeab: 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hello house.
I am new to this thread and I want to prepare for the TEF exam but with no knowledge of French. Please can someone help me with the contact info a very good private french tutor I can make flexible arrangement with as I currently work Mon - Fri? Thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
Please go through the thread. Many people have given their two cents on this topic. Like your elder sister, some people here are learning French from scratch to write the exam. Going through the thread may seem daunting but it's a little thing to do in comparison to actually studying french.

benatokwu:
Hello house,

Please my Elder sister has been thinking of whether she should enroll for TEF so as to boost her Crs score but, the issue of concern has been the possibility of passing the test considering the fact that she has zero knowledge about French..please someone help.Reply needed ASAP.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2019
LaVieCestBonBon:

Thanks for the response....

Another question to the house..... I'm a bit confused is TCF the same as TCF Canada....cause I do not see much info about TCF Canada on the internet.

Thanks all
LaVie C'est Bon Bon

I don't know if they're the same...I just know that TCF Canada is what is required by IRCC
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shygunXs(m): 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2019
How long did it take you to start preparing for and completed TEF exams?

njbybrthnly:
Hi guys. I hope we're all progressing along steadily in our studies for the French exam. I have a few words that may encourage us even more:

I HAVE GOTTEN PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!
AOR: December 14, 2018
PPR: February 20, 2019

I remember when my TEF results came out, hubby always used to say that our app processing time will be very short because Canada is looking for bilingual people grin. I just used to nod in agreement but it's like IRCC decided to prove him right o.

That aside though, I give God all the glory. He has come through for me in a very specific way (honestly I feel like before now He had left me in the care of His angels and then sometime last year, He singled me out and decided to place His hand on my head...blessings upandan, left, right and centre) and I didn't even need to beg and cry. First, with the TEF (which I did as a trial run not knowing He had other plans), and now this, PPR in 9 weeks 5 days post-AOR, with loads of other blessings inbetween. Words can't express how grateful I feel right now.

So, in case you're looking for something extra to motivate you, let's test my oga's theory which states that, EE applications with good IELTS and additional points from TEF/TCF results have a very short processing time grin grin grin grin

Who knows? Hubby might be on to something wink. Let's keep at it guys, you could be next.

I'm so overwhelmed that my head is even paining me cry

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 7:18am On Mar 25, 2019
shygunXs:
How long did it take you to start preparing for and completed TEF exams?

Please see my previous post below.

njbybrthnly:

@Scard

I made the decision to take the TEF exam late March and did it in October so I guess I studied french actively for 6 months. I had a private tutor too for the first 6 weeks or so but I noticed I was unconsciously only studying french when I was with him.

Bellerin has pretty much said it all but I just want to add that you shouldn't put a limit to the number of hours you study french...it's a language not a course. Try to immerse yourself in it...if you are watching TV it should be a french channel or watch french movies, if you are listening to the radio, listen to french stations and podcasts, if you are surfing the Internet, visit french websites and join french groups on social media. You can even start speaking french to your close friends and family (the ones that know of your plans anyway smiley)- I speak french to my kids all the time - I believe this will help you to develop a natural rhythm and flow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shygunXs(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2019
Great! Thanks.

How much did it cost throughout the program.

Also, how many points did it add for you? Im looking for additional points jare. I've lost 25pts on age.

I appreciate....

njbybrthnly:

Please see my previous post below.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Vincad: 3:41pm On Mar 25, 2019
Salut. Please does the 160k being paid to Alliance Française cover classes or is it only for the TEF exams? I have been trying all day to call them but their lines are switched off, I'm not sure if I have the right number. Anyone with the correct phone number should please give me.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Josh121(m): 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
Vincad:
Salut. Please does the 160k being paid to Alliance Française cover classes or is it only for the TEF exams? I have been trying all day to call them but their lines are switched off, I'm not sure if I have the right number. Anyone with the correct phone number should please give me.

It only for the exams
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 5:46pm On Mar 25, 2019
Vincad:

You can dm me for the number of one of their staff. She might not appreciate me sharing her number on a public forum.

Regarding your question, the payment is for the exam alone. The exam fee has been on the rise for a while now; the earlier one writes, the better.

Bonne chance !
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shygunXs(m): 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
etrange:

You can dm me for the number of one of their staff. She might not appreciate me sharing her number on a public forum.

Regarding your question, the payment is for the exam alone. The exam fee has been on the rise for a while now; the earlier one writes, the better.

Bonne chance !

Its Economics, demand and supply. French has never been so important!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Puzzlematics: 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
Bonjour a toutes et a tous.

S'il vous plait, je voudrais savoir la difference entre TEF et TEF Canada. Parce que je suis en traine de m'inscrire pour l'examen, mais je dois choisir entre le deux et je ne sais pas la difference. Je voudrais l'utiliser pour voyager au Canada mais estce qu l'un est plus facile que l'autre? Merci de repondre
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by IronFist(m): 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
Puzzlematics:

S'il vous plait, je voudrais savoir la difference entre TEF et TEF Canada. Parce que je suis en traine de m'inscrire pour l'examen, mais je dois choisir entre le deux et je ne sais pas la difference. Je voudrais l'utiliser pour voyager au Canada mais estce qu l'un est plus facile que l'autre? Merci de repondre

Par rapport, ils sont pareil sauf que, le TCF a trois devoirs dans l'epreuve l'Expression Orale, en revanche le TEF a deux.

Bonne chance
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
Puzzlematics:

Pour Canada Express Entry...vous devez avoir TEF CANADA..voyez

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=998&top=29

Il y a 4 epreuves comme IELTS.
..Expression Ecrite..Expression Orale...Comprehension Ecrite...Comprehension Orale. No Lexique et Structure.... Voyez

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

Points per CLB and how test score translates to CLB.....details here

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html

CLB 5 OR 6 - 1 point each
CLB 7 OR 8 - 3 points each
CLB 9 and above 6 points each

Extra 30 points for CLB 7 and above
***EDIT** Extra 50 points for CLB 7 and above effective Oct 2020

Lagos timetable......au dessous

Bonne chance

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2019
Vincad:

0705 228 8002/8001 ikoyi or 0705 248 8002 ikeja
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Vincad: 11:11am On Mar 26, 2019
Thanks everyone
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayboye: 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2019
Thanks, I actually don't need it for CA. I'm using it for something different and also just trying to maximise my efforts and sacrifice.

njbybrthnly:
Bonne chance! Even though I honestly don't think you need it. Wishing you all the best

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2019
I actually meant i don't think you need luck...as in chance...lol. All the same, bonne chance!

ayboye:
Thanks, I actually don't need it for CA. I'm using it for something different and also just trying to maximise my efforts and sacrifice.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Amethyst1884: 3:43pm On Mar 26, 2019
Hi,
We have created how we can remotely evaluate your french as you prepare for your TEF exams.

Here is a SECTION A sample question. Send us your response via email on iefnig@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Puzzlematics: 1:45am On Mar 27, 2019
Merci beaucoup pour l'information. C'est tres gentil.
Je me suis inscrit pour la seance d'avril 27. Il faut preparer maintenant.

Mamaroon:

Pour Canada Express Entry...vous devez avoir TEF CANADA..voyez

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=998&top=29

Il y a 4 epreuves comme IELTS.
..Expression Ecrite..Expression Orale...Comprehension Ecrite...Comprehension Orale. No Lexique et Structure.... Voyez

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

Points per CLB and how test score translates to CLB.....details here

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html

CLB 5 OR 6 - 1 point each
CLB 7 OR 8 - 3 points each
CLB 9 and above 6 points each

Extra 30 points for CLB 7 and above

Lagos timetable......au dessous

Bonne chance

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Puzzlematics: 1:52am On Mar 27, 2019
C'est a dire que le TCF est plus difficile? Merci mais cetait la difference entre TEF et TEF Canada que je demandais. Parce que pour remplir la formulaire d'inscription, je devais cocher un. je me suis deja inscrit pour TEF Canada.

IronFist:

Par rapport, ils sont pareil sauf que, le TCF a trois devoirs dans l'epreuve l'Expression Orale, en revanche le TEF a deux.

Bonne chance
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Runo03: 12:23pm On Mar 27, 2019
Please do any one know of any place where one can take studies for French class in Benin
Please help with the address.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 10:18am On Mar 28, 2019
Hi folks,
I hear results and attestation for the 05/Feb TEF exam in PH was ready by 15/Mar.
Maybe CCI has stepped up their game.
cheesy
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by princesschuks: 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2019
DanMisla:
Hi folks,
I hear results and attestation for the 05/Feb TEF exam in PH was ready by 15/Mar.
Maybe CCI has stepped up their game.
cheesy

Great.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shygunXs(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2019
I was exposed to French since primary school. We dropped it after JS3 WAEC when I even had an A1.

I now need it again fast forward 21yrs.

See my life. No i have to got at it head on again.

etrange:

Is it possible? Yes, I think it is. But then again, you have to consider what "pass" means in TEF

Unlike DELF where you write either A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 or C2 and then pass or fail any of these levels, TEF is a singular exam that will place you on the right level based on your performance. In other words, you do not usually fail or pass TEF. The exam only grades you. Whether the outcome is acceptable or not then depends on the level required by the institution requesting for the exam. Canadian immigration is asking for CLB4 if French is presented as a second language. This can be likened to B1 according to the information I got at Alliance Francaise.

So the question is, can you attain B1 in 8 months?

Like I already answered, I believe you can. But that will take some serious dedication. Bearing in mind that your migration to Canada might depend on it should be a good source of motivation. Again, you must engage in personal studies asides class room lectures, make friends with those that speak the language and never give up even when it seems impossible. The last point is very important because there is always that point in foreign language learning where you feel you can't move on or that you are just wasting your time. Pass that stage and success is guaranteed. As they say, the seceret of learning a language is speaking the language. Speak, speak, speak. Even when it sounds horrible. It can only get better.

As for me, I was exposed to French in secondary school. I have been learning on my own since then. I wrote and passed DELF in 2013 cool

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
Le 30 mars est arrive !
Bonne chance a tous.

#CandidatDuTEF

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 3:08pm On Mar 29, 2019
Bonne chance Mamaroon! Go and conquer!

Mamaroon:
Bon

Le 30 mars est arrivee!
Bonne chance a tous.

#CandidatDuTEF

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2019
Bonne chance @Mamaroon!
Like play, like play.
You have our best wishes. Come back n gist us how your take scatter... wink

Mamaroon:
Bon

Le 30 mars est arrivee!
Bonne chance a tous.

#CandidatDuTEF
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2019
Mamaroon:
Bon

Le 30 mars est arrivee!
Bonne chance a tous.

#CandidatDuTEF

Go mamaroon! Bonne chance!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
Mamaroon:
Bon

Le 30 mars est arrivee!
Bonne chance a tous.

#CandidatDuTEF

On y va !

Bon courage !

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
Canal+ is launching their new French learning device tomorrow. Heard the stuff is specifically designed for French teachers and French students alike.

Y'all are invited.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2019
etrange:
Canal+ is launching their new French learning device tomorrow. Heard the stuff is specifically designed for French teachers and French students alike.

Y'all are invited.

Wow this is cool, but the probs here in Nigeria is how to get it, canal+ is not available in Nigeria but the French speaking west Africa countries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (182) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.