Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (453483 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 21, 2019
amaya21:
Awwwww I know this is not what you planned for. Desole! It will be well. I do wonder if they can remark, as you said.

Merci bien. There is no remark as far as I know. I meant if they look at your test script and tell you where you went wrong
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kennyyo: 7:40am On May 22, 2019
Some hard luck here but please don't despair too much. Relax and give it another shot. And like someone mentioned, if you have a good relationship with the guys at AF, maybe you can ask them to help review your script if possible. Best of luck in your next attempts
Mamaroon:
Ok peeps. So it's some good news and some not so good news

CE 242 C1 CLB8 3 points
CO 267 B2 CLB7 3 points
EE 267 B1 CLB5 1 point (abeg who I offend undecided)
EO 339 B2 CLB7 3 points

NJ, DanMisla I need epp, una fit tutor me for this EE. I feel like giving up but in reality I can't quit.

I thought I could do a DanMisla and go for French as first language but I need CLB 7 in all....any other way out?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 8:49am On May 22, 2019
Mamaroon:

cheesy merci et bonne chance a vous....we live to try again

That's the spirit, @Mamaroon!
You have come too far to close shop...
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 9:15am On May 22, 2019
Mamaroon:

Thanks DM.

CRS moved from 431 to 434 (my previous TEF attempt was updated).... grin....I can't even laugh well...in these days of 450!!!!

What must I do to move from CLB 5 to CLB 7 in EE? I actually thought I did well with the letter (maybe not). I wonder if AF can critique one's past paper?

So...with the CLB7 and above, na the heights of 460+ you go de? Wow!
You have to give it another shot.

Spend some more time reading fait divers stories - I think the more you read them, the better your writing becomes. As for the essay, did you try introducing some counter arguments before arguing your position? Like acknowledging reasons why tourism may indeed make all countries similar, before listing the reasons why you think countries are still unique...?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:24am On May 22, 2019
Mamaroon:
Ok peeps.

NJ, DanMisla I need epp, una fit tutor me for this EE. I feel like giving up but in reality I can't quit.

I thought I could do a DanMisla and go for French as first language but I need CLB 7 in all....any other way out?

Such a solid performance! Na just small cram remain for the Writing. You're there already. One final push for the culture. well done.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 10:18am On May 22, 2019
Mamaroon:

CE 242 C1 CLB8 3 points
CO 267 B2 CLB7 3 points
EO 339 B2 CLB7 3 points

Congratulations!

Cherie, tu as vraiment essaye. Non, je ne cherche pas seulement a paraitre empathique, je le pense vraiment.

Can we do this again? This time, focusing on the writing section. Maybe you could share some of your essays so we could review it together. You're almost there and I know it. I know you'll make it and yours will be a reference story, a source of motivation for those coming after you. Hang in there!

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Brownie1003: 10:24am On May 22, 2019
Pls at wat stage did you write the tef exam? Some say the exam can be written at B2 level.

Mamaroon:

Merci bien. There is no remark as far as I know. I meant if they look at your test script and tell you where you want wrong
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:00am On May 22, 2019
Brownie1003:
Pls at wat stage did you write the tef exam? Some say the exam can be written at B2 level.

Not sure I understand your question but AF now have a rule that B1 is the minimum standard for permitting a candidate to register for TEF.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:02am On May 22, 2019
etrange:

Congratulations!

Cherie, tu as vraiment essaye. Non, je ne cherche pas seulement a paraitre empathique, je le pense vraiment.

Can we do this again? This time, focusing on the writing section. Maybe you could share some of your essays so we could review it together. You're almost there and I know it. I know you'll make it and yours will be a reference story, a source of motivation for those coming after you. Hang in there!

Thanks a lot Etrange....vous etes tres gentil.

I think sharing essays will help...Thanks so much for the offer to review. Bless you!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:03am On May 22, 2019
Bellerin:

Such a solid performance! Na just small cram remain for the Writing. You're there already. One final push for the culture. well done.

Lol @ na small cram remain.....Merci bien Bells. On y va encore ! How are things with you ?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:12am On May 22, 2019
DanMisla:

So...with the CLB7 and above, na the heights of 460+ you go de? Wow!
You have to give it another shot.

Spend some more time reading fait divers stories - I think the more you read them, the better your writing becomes. As for the essay, did you try introducing some counter arguments before arguing your position? Like acknowledging reasons why tourism may indeed make all countries similar, before listing the reasons why you think countries are still unique...?

Merci DM. Thanks for the fait divers tip. I think what did me in last time was that they said a "biche" entered a supermarket...I didn't know the word....I guess I should have just formulated an outrageous ending....found out later it means doe grin

For the essay, I'm ashamed to say I didn't use counterargument technique even though we had discussed it here sad and AY even gave a link saying it's the style of writing in French. My AF prep tutor had a different view and I just went with his view. I think it's a factor for me to adapt in the next attempt.

I'm indebted...thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:15am On May 22, 2019
Kennyyo:
Some hard luck here but please don't despair too much. Relax and give it another shot. And like someone mentioned, if you have a good relationship with the guys at AF, maybe you can ask them to help review your script if possible. Best of luck in your next attempts

grin next and final attempt o.....by God's grace.

Merci Kenny.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:24am On May 22, 2019
Mamaroon:

Lol @ na small cram remain.....Merci bien Bells. On y va encore ! How are things with you ?

Mamaroon, I just dey. Na siddan I dey dey wait for low CRS draw o. But I am considering retaking the TEF if the draw today (hopefully) is close to 460.

My osusu for POF don complete.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 22, 2019
Bellerin:

Mamaroon, I just dey. Na siddan I dey dey wait for low CRS draw o. But I am considering retaking the TEF if the draw today (hopefully) is close to 460.

Go POF POF!!!!! At least that part is sorted.

Courage

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 2:31pm On May 22, 2019
Mamaroon:

Merci DM. Thanks for the fait divers tip. I think what did me in last time was that they said a "biche" entered a supermarket...I didn't know the word....I guess I should have just formulated an outrageous ending....found out later it means doe grin

For the essay, I'm ashamed to say I didn't use counterargument technique even though we had discussed it here sad and AY even gave a link saying it's the style of writing in French. My AF prep tutor had a different view and I just went with his view. I think it's a factor for me to adapt in the next attempt.

I'm indebted...thanks.

Mine was during Exp Orale: we were asked to convince a friend de passer le weekend dans une yourte. Na the picture save me - had no idea yourte na tent!

I think the counter argument style works. First paragraph is the intro, tell the editor why you are writing. 2nd paragraph, acknowledge the other side. 3rd paragraph, present your own position using connectors (par contre, en revanche, etc). 4th paragraph summarize and conclude, maybe by sharing a personal experience. It kinda worked for me, really.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Brownie1003: 6:03pm On May 22, 2019
Thanks for the response. You answered my question
Mamaroon:

Not sure I understand your question but AF now have a rule that B1 is the minimum standard for permitting a candidate to register for TEF.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 22, 2019
Mamaroon:

Go POF POF!!!!! At least that part is sorted.

Courage

No draw today. Iss like I'll write July's TEF. This one that minimum CRS will reach 460+.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 9:53pm On May 22, 2019
Mamaroon:

CE 242 C1 CLB8 3 points
CO 267 B2 CLB7 3 points
EO 339 B2 CLB7 3 points

Courage Mamaroon...the end is in sight. Giving up is not an option.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 9:56pm On May 22, 2019
Bellerin:

So POF don ready...I'm happy for you. Wishing you all the best...even if you'll need to retake the TEF. The ministry is moving

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 12:57am On May 23, 2019
njbybrthnly:

So POF don ready...I'm happy for you. Wishing you all the best...even if you'll need to retake the TEF. The ministry is moving

Merciii NJ!!!! Special salute to you...we dey your back dey come.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 8:54am On May 23, 2019
Wow!!!! @Mamaroon,

Beautiful result you got there! And it shows you have got everything required to pass this exam. Reading through the comments and your responses, I am encouraged by your strength and inspiration. You are there already for sure.

A brief update, I haven't taken the exam as I thought I would have. Reason being that I went to AF for revision class only to discover that I am not ready for the exam. My speaking and writing were especially poor and I needed to do more. While I understand that there will never be a time to be FULLY ready, I didn't think it was right to go in at the level I was at.

Seeing as I had some free time at the moment, I decided to enroll at AF Lagos at the B1 level to improve my general french interaction as they largely only speak french there. I must say that in 2 weeks of being there, I have noticed significant improvements.

I plan on taking that of July hopefully.

All the best to everyone, and @Mamaroon, remeber you are an inspiration anytime.

@njby...... how's your end? Have you landed?

Hopefully, one day we will gather physically in Canada and share our stories.

Mamaroon:

CE 242 C1 CLB8 3 points
CO 267 B2 CLB7 3 points
EO 339 B2 CLB7 3 points

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mummychichi: 11:07am On May 23, 2019
Mamaroon:

CE 242 C1 CLB8 3 points
CO 267 B2 CLB7 3 points
EO 339 B2 CLB7 3 points

Hi Mamaroon. Finally!! Nice result you have there . EE na wa o. It will end well las las. I love your resilient spirit.

Abeg during that conversation you overheard about the B1 thing, did they per chance mention that the wait time for attestation will be reduced? Cos the wait is killing fa.

Can we have a whatsapp study group or even here where EE can be reviewed?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 23, 2019
Scard:
Wow!!!! @Mamaroon,

Beautiful result you got there! And it shows you have got everything required to pass this exam. Reading through the comments and your responses, I am encouraged by your strength and inspiration. You are there already for sure.

A brief update, I haven't taken the exam as I thought I would have. Reason being that I went to AF for revision class only to discover that I am not ready for the exam. My speaking and writing were especially poor and I needed to do more. While I understand that there will never be a time to be FULLY ready, I didn't think it was right to go in at the level I was at.

Seeing as I had some free time at the moment, I decided to enroll at AF Lagos at the B1 level to improve my general french interaction as they largely only speak french there. I must say that in 2 weeks of being there, I have noticed significant improvements.

I plan on taking that of July hopefully.

All the best to everyone, and @Mamaroon, remeber you are an inspiration anytime.

@njby...... how's your end? Have you landed?

Hopefully, one day we will gather physically in Canada and share our stories.

Thanks Scard....understand what you mean by not feeling ready but did they offer any B1 evaluation before you joined the B1 class?

Well done...I pray your hard work is well rewarded....see you at the July 20 exam.....maybe cheesy
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 23, 2019
Mummychichi:

Hi Mamaroon. Finally!! Nice result you have there . EE na wa o. It will end well las las. I love your resilient spirit.

Abeg during that conversation you overheard about the B1 thing, did they per chance mention that the wait time for attestation will be reduced? Cos the wait is killing fa.

Can we have a whatsapp study group or even here where EE can be reviewed?

Sis!

It must to end well by God's grace.

I think attestation is 6weeks o for Lagos at least...I'm not sure they are going to reduce it. Reason I'm thinking of repeating in July....let my next "baiday" not come and meet me here!

I have removed any proud cloth I was wearing before and I'm using humility as wrapper now. I'll post my fait divers attempt here...maybe starting next week...but they may ban me for using accents....hmmm I'll just leave the accents out grin

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 8:48pm On May 23, 2019
@Mamaroon,

Yes, they did a B1 evaluation before I joined. Writing was bad though, but it would be a disservice for me to go to A2 just because of it, based on the assessment of other areas.

Also, did you just see your result or this is attestation? Because, April results are out as of today. They are just waiting for attestation now.

I believe if one can know the status of the result within or less than 4 weeks, one can plan based on the outcome while waiting for the attestation

Mamaroon:

Thanks Scard....understand what you mean by not feeling ready but did they offer any B1 evaluation before you joined the B1 class?

Well done...I pray your hard work is well rewarded....see you at the July 20 exam.....maybe cheesy
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mummychichi: 10:12pm On May 23, 2019
Mamaroon:

Sis!

I think attestation is 7 to 8 weeks o for Lagos at least...I'm not sure they are going to reduce it. Reason I'm thinking of repeating in July....let my next "baiday" not come and meet me here!

I have removed any proud cloth I was wearing before and I'm using humility as wrapper now. I'll post my fait divers attempt here...maybe starting next week...but they may ban me for using accents....hmmm I'll just leave the accents out grin

Lol @ the bolded. No worry. We go follow you rejoice.

If results can be out in 2 - 4 weeks, why will attestation take another 5 weeks? Can't all be done same time like IELTS? It is well. I hope and pray for changes soon.

Does putting accents during writing increase your mark considerably and vice versa?

I love your friendly demeanour sis. Would love to meet you some day.

A bientot.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by princesschuks: 9:35am On May 24, 2019
@mamaroon I love your courage so much.
July is the last and final attempt.
Bon chance

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by keni: 1:10pm On May 24, 2019
Mamaroon:

Sis!

I think attestation is 7 to 8 weeks o for Lagos at least...I'm not sure they are going to reduce it. Reason I'm thinking of repeating in July....let my next "baiday" not come and meet me here!

I salute your courage, please you have PM kindly help me check it thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 24, 2019
princesschuks:
@mamaroon I love your courage so much.
July is the last and final attempt.
Bon chance

Amen kiss

This courage ehn no bi real wan o, na condition make cray fish bend!

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 24, 2019
Mummychichi:

Lol @ the bolded. No worry. We go follow you rejoice.

If results can be out in 2 - 4 weeks, why will attestation take another 5 weeks? Can't all be done same time like IELTS? It is well. I hope and pray for changes soon.

Does putting accents during writing increase your mark considerably and vice versa?

I love your friendly demeanour sis. Would love to meet you some day.

A bientot.

On the accents...I meant if I write my essay here on NL...if you include accents they may ban you....not in the exam o...in the real exam every thing has to be on point...accent, spelling grammar etc.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 24, 2019
Scard:
@Mamaroon,

Yes, they did a B1 evaluation before I joined. Writing was bad though, but it would be a disservice for me to go to A2 just because of it, based on the assessment of other areas.

Also, did you just see your result or this is attestation? Because, April results are out as of today. They are just waiting for attestation now.

believe if one can know the status of the result within or less than 4 weeks, one can plan based on the outcome while waiting for the attestation

I agree with the statement in bold 100%.

Either way, you need a gap of two months between 2 TEF attempts.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by keni: 4:06pm On May 24, 2019
Mamaroon:

I agree with the statement in bold 100%.

I have my physical paper attestation dated May 7.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's my fault because I never went back to AF physically I just called them several times to ask if the results are ready...Maybe they thought I was asking for attestation itself and not the grades/scores.

Either way, you need a gap of two months between 2 TEF attempts.

Please I PMed you thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (182) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.