Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,857 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:53 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (445545 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
For TCF CBT Expression Ecrite no need to fear AZERTY it's a QWERTY and you can reconfigure if you prefer...at least in Togo...see below

I believe TCF PH is paper based.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2019
Scard:
Bonsoir a tous et a toutes,

On this TEF vs TCF matter, make me sef add my own 2 million Canadian Dollars on top.

TeF - They repeat questions A LOT, so if you are lucky to encounter a repeated question, then you are good. My CO was completely new as I had neever heard the questions before.

My Submission

If you have written TEF more than once, it is difficult to "change" to TCF because of the major reasons I gave, but if you have never written any of the exams, I would advice you to go for the TCF. Once you have learnt the language enough to write the exams, focus on the understanding the CO pattern, once you do, you are good to go.

All the best a tous et a toutes, for if there is one major thing we will all gain apart from a minimum of 42 points, is the ability to speak a second foreign language, and it is something I can't trade away.

Thanks sis! kiss

......they cannot take that 2nd language from us mehn!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by mariah203: 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
Scard:
Hi @Mariah203,

What do you mean by "get the test on paper for your practice"?

Thanks for your response

I mean that you should print out the test. I know most of the resources available are computer based but u can get some that u can print out on paper to work with while you listen to the audio... If you write in phc, your exam is going to be on paper and this will help...
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mamaroon:

Thanks sis! kiss

......they cannot take that 2nd language from us mehn!!!!!!

Exactly
It's a lifeskill to know multiple languages
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mummychichi: 7:42am On Aug 24, 2019
IronFist:

I'm not an Efiko O! Abeg see my last result based on my attempt in July 2019 EO: 375 (C1/CLB9); EE: 216 (B1/CLB4); CO: 210 (B1/CLB5); CE: 210 (B2/CLB7). Ashame dey catch me.

Ashame ke? Don't be o. See speaking shocked nice one. Abeg you try. Are you planning on rewriting?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Yemsot: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2019
Please help me to review this task 1 essay for TCF writing

4 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by IronFist(m): 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
Mummychichi:

Ashame ke? Don't be o. See speaking shocked nice one. Abeg you try. Are you planning on rewriting?

Yes O! I don't have a choice but to rewrite.

As for the speaking, the trick is to appropriately use a French Idiomatic Expression. Even if you are an A2 level speaker, you'd get a C1. This was a tip I got at Alliance Française.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2019
IronFist:

Yes O! I don't have a choice but to rewrite.

As for the speaking, the trick is to appropriately use a French Idiomatic Expression. Even if you are an A2 level speaker, you'd get a C1. This was a tip I got at Alliance Française.
Thank you for this

I'll really have to learn all these tips man.

Since you have written the test before, I would like to ask how the listening usyalky is

Like what is the quality of the audio?
Is it tough?
Or the audio is simple to understand
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Framaro: 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
I've sent you a pm

Kennyyo:
I'm actually looking at October for both TEF and TCF in Lome and possibly two weeks mini immersion before the exam dates.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by IronFist(m): 4:39am On Aug 25, 2019
DexterousOne:

Thank you for this

I'll really have to learn all these tips man.

Since you have written the test before, I would like to ask how the listening usually is

Like what is the quality of the audio?
Is it tough?
Or the audio is simple to understand

In the context of audio quality, it was clear.

For the most part, it is a passable exam, just like IELTS.

However, the toughness of the Listening questions, is a function of your own understanding of the language.

You can get past listening questions here: https://teftextelongs.home.blog/

All the best Bro!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2019
Merciii @Laune @Scard @Kennyyo

There has to be some way to make AF Lagos start taking TCF oo...there was a poll they were doing one time but perhaps they didn't get enough traffic for TCF..

A whole Lagos! I'll contact them again this week and provide updates.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kennyyo: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
They said to start in September/October but we're still waiting for approval from CIEP as at the last time enquired. I'll ask for an update this weekend or even chat up the guy who handles the TEF prep classes.
Bellerin:
Merciii @Laune @Scard @Kennyyo

There has to be some way to make AF Lagos start taking TCF oo...there was a poll they were doing one time but perhaps they didn't get enough traffic for TCF..

A whole Lagos! I'll contact them again this week and provide updates.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kennyyo: 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2019
Update: "No. We are no more organising it.
That is what my director told me last week"
That's from the guy. So those who want to do TCF might have to look elsewhere.
Kennyyo:
They said to start in September/October but we're still waiting for approval from CIEP as at the last time enquired. I'll ask for an update this weekend or even chat up the guy who handles the TEF prep classes.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2019
TEF & TCF locations

Lagos - TEF paper 160k 0705 228 8001 or 0705 248 8002

Ibadan - TEF paper 120k 0806 974 0010 or 0905 051 1994

PH - TEF paper 110k, TCF paper 0805 323 3579 http://af-nigeria.org/tests-and-certifications/

Cotonou - TEF paper, TCF CBT https://if-benin.com/tcf-tef-dfp/

Lome - TEF paper, TCF CBT http://institutfrancais-togo.com/category/lome-2/tests-et-examens/

Accra - TCF CBT https://afaccra.org/tests-et-examens/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Kennyyo:
Update: "No. We are no more organising it.
That is what my director told me last week"
That's from the guy. So those who want to do TCF might have to look elsewhere.
Merci Kennyyo...
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by yemozyn: 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2019
IronFist:

In the context of audio quality, it was clear.

For the most part, it is a passable exam, just like IELTS.

However, the toughness of the Listening questions, is a function of your own understanding of the language.

You can get past listening questions here: https://teftextelongs.home.blog/

All the best Bro!

Hello @ ironfist, thanks for sharing the TEF listening audio practice questions. but the audio is not playing, only the questions that is showing. Don't know if anyone else has tried playing the video.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Beezus: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Mamaroon:
TEF & TCF locations

Lagos - TEF paper 160k

Ibadan - TEF paper 120k

PH - TEF paper 110k, TCF paper

Lome - TEF paper, TCF CBT http://institutfrancais-togo.com/category/lome-2/tests-et-examens/

Pls i sent you an email. Check your inbox
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mobilipia(f): 4:53am On Aug 26, 2019
Maraeme:
Is there any WhatsApp group formed yet to this effect? Please for someone who speaks French , Is one month enough to go through the materials and still have a C1 at least in all?

etrange please respond to my email. Thank you.�
pls I have same situation with you can we talk on Whatsapp ( 07038230164)
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mariesio: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
Where can I get minimum of 3 months intensive coaching to enable me pass TEF or TCF. I only know Bonjour grin
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mariesio: 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
Mamaroon:
TEF & TCF locations

Lagos - TEF paper 160k

Ibadan - TEF paper 120k

PH - TEF paper 110k, TCF paper

Just for the exams? No lectures ?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 28, 2019
I am so grateful for this thread.

I had the following when I took the test in Paris in 2017.

Expression ecrite B2
Expressio orale C1
Comprehension ecrite B2
Grammaire B2
Comprehension orale B2

Would have to search to find my results for the raw scores.

This time I am really determined to do well and my target is to be prepared by December at the very latest.

I have a set of Becscherelle books I am reading for now but will read loads of literature and listen listen listen.

Please of anyone has questions, etc. I will take time and scroll from page 1 to the end of this thread.

Thanks once again for opening this thread.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 2:08am On Aug 28, 2019
Bhussola:
Hello house, how's everyone doing? It's been awhile and how's the French journey going? Mine has been very tedious o especially writing and listening but I keep at it. So just saw today's draw was 470 & it put the fear of God in me but we go pass by God's grace. Please i need a study buddy/buddies that plan to write the exams by September/October? Cos I noticed i'm somewhat relaxed even with my tutor. I live in Lagos by the way even better if you stay around the egbeda axis. However, ikeja is an option also. Please anyone interested should respond...let's say i'm on A2/B1 sha

Happy to share my experience and we can learn together. Plan to write in December at the very latest.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Beezus: 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
Anyone writing TCF in September here?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
Mariesio:
Where can I get minimum of 3 months intensive coaching to enable me pass TEF or TCF. I only know Bonjour grin
3months is impossible no matter how intensive the classes may be. You need at least 8months to 1year.

But learning from scratch for 3months, je dirai non. For these exams, you must know French.

If you go to France and live with a french family, may be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mariesio: 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2019
ayandee:
3months is impossible no matter how intensive the classes may be. You need at least 8months to 1year.

But learning from scratch for 3months, je dirai non. For these exams, you must know French.

If you go to France and live with a french family, may be.

so I need to scratch that idea then. Merci
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Vousmevoyez(f): 4:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
I'm considering writing in September.

Beezus:
Anyone writing TCF in September here?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2019
Mariesio:

so I need to scratch that idea then. Merci

It's a tall order from scratch IF your target is 42+ points.

However, you might be able to get some points on the side (B2 speaking is within reach based on how the exam is structured). (3 - 10+ points)

Anything is possible, it's just that the effort required is quite intense.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DDon2(m): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2019
Great
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Beezus: 11:30am On Aug 30, 2019
Vousmevoyez:
I'm considering writing in September.

Pls i sent you a msg
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Purplestorm: 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
Hello guys, I would be started classes on Monday at AF. I'm so scared and hope this would favour me. I'm dedicating 8 months to a year to learning French and hopefully get through, I have absolutely no idea. I was going to prepare for TEF but from what I just read I would focus on TCF. Please I'm open to advise. Please forgive me because I seem to be everywhere. I'm just anxious and looking for reassurance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (179) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Italian Student Visa-help!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.