Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (453547 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 8:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
Interesting things happening here
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by IronFist(m): 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
Mamaroon:

Here goes....

Thanks @Mamaroon.

Thanks for the corrections.

The expression "Tasse de the" actually does exist in French. I have heard native speakers use it. - See link: http://www.linternaute.fr/expression/langue-francaise/4924/ce-n-est-pas-ma-tasse-de-the/

Concerning the expression "Par ailleurs", in this context it means "Furthermore" see the [url]link:https://www.francaisfacile.com/exercices/exercice-francais-2/exercice-francais-76932.php[/url] where I picked some of my ideas.

Merci quand meme. I really appreciate
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
IronFist:

Thanks @Mamaroon.

Thanks for the corrections.

The expression "Tasse de the" actually does exist in French. I have heard native speakers use it.

Concerning the expression "Par ailleurs", in this context it means "Furthermore" see the [url]link:https://www.francaisfacile.com/exercices/exercice-francais-2/exercice-francais-76932.php[/url] where I picked some of my ideas.

Merci quand meme. I really appreciate

Cool stuff....Never knew about cup of tea....we learn everday.

"Par ailleurs" is totally fine. I meant the "ou" at the beginning of where a citizen, young or old lives.....

Well done....eyes on 450/699 and above !

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
IronFist:
Hello Brethren,

Please help me critique my attempt at TEF Expression Ecrite Section B.

Merci d'avance
Hello,

Some additional feedback:

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer: 8:18am On Oct 19, 2019
Passed my TEF yesterday in the UK.

CO - C1

Missed opportunity as I messed up a long question. I am still angry as I knew exactly where I missed 4 questions. The fifth question I failed was I mixed up library and biblioteque in the part C. So I know the 5 I missed. It could have been 7 in the end. I feel like punching my head. That is where I screwed up and I knew it, otherwise the homophones section was a breeze 10/10 sure.

All new questions.

CE - C2

Question: bierre vert, transport, Ange saint Michel.

EE- Results in 3 weeks.

Expecting a B2 as I feel I messed up the fait divers. Went blank for some strange reason. The letter to the journal was better but I think I made a few spelling errors which will take me well clear of C1. Missed opportunity I think. If I get B1, I will not jump over a cliff. Such is life.

Questions.

1. Lady forgot her baggage. Continue fait divers.
2. Write to a journal stating your opinion about child access to internet.

EO- Results in 3 weeks

Expecting a C1 minimum unless they screw me up. I went off topic a bit but it was the guy that asked me to "just talk" and "continue talking". Invented stuff and maybe talked a bit too fast. In the first bit, I stopped and the guy had to ask me to continue. LOL.

I was doubtful as to whether I was audible and for some strange reason did not make enough eye contact. Na wa oh.

Questions.
1. Call a hotel to ask for info about staying there.
2. Convince a friend to do sports.

I need to work on IELTS. I need materials. I must not screw this one up if not, no EE for me.

I am kind of happy I did TEF first because na red eyes I go use do IELTS.

Abeg if anybody get materials for IELTS. I plan to start by next week in earnest.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 11:43am On Oct 19, 2019
Enculer:

CO - C1

Missed opportunity as I messed up a long question. I am still angry as I knew exactly where I missed 4 questions. The fifth question I failed was I mixed up library and biblioteque in the part C. So I know the 5 I missed. It could have been 7 in the end. I feel like punching my head. That is where I screwed up and I knew it, otherwise the homophones section was a breeze 10/10 sure.

All new questions.

Don't be too hard on yourself...at least you 've got at the minimum CLB 8.

All the best for the rest!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer: 11:55am On Oct 19, 2019
Fabguen:

Don't be too hard on yourself...at least you 've got at the minimum CLB 8.

All the best for the rest!

Thanks. Do you have the latest ranking? How the scores relate to the different bands?

Thanks in advance.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by TOKNOW: 11:57am On Oct 19, 2019
quote author=Fabguen post=83231046]

for sample questions, Just type ccip tef candidate manual in a Google search. Look through this thread for some test day experiences too.

Similarities to IELTS:

1. 4 competency areas LWRS
2. Need to get a 7 in writing just like IELTS.
3. 2 writing tasks in EE
4. Mostly objective based questions.[/quote]

Thanks a lot.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2019
TOKNOW:

quote author=Fabguen post=83231046]

for sample questions, Just type ccip tef candidate manual in a Google search. Look through this thread for some test day experiences too.

Similarities to IELTS:

1. 4 competency areas LWRS
2. Need to get a 7 in writing just like IELTS.
3. 2 writing tasks in EE
4. Mostly objective based questions.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Gozychuks(m): 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
How can I start learning French. I am a novice
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
Enculer:

CO - C1

All new questions.

CE - C2

EE- Results in 3 weeks.

Expecting a B2
Questions.

EO- Results in 3 weeks

Expecting a C1 minimum unless they screw me up.
Questions.

Very well done with the CO and CE. Thanks for giving back and please let's know how EE and EO go.

The new grid is below. IRCC haven't updated the test equivalence tables or myCIC with the new grid.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
Gozychuks:
How can I start learning French. I am a novice

Try Alliance Francaise in your location or any of the online tutors shared in the last 3 pages

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
Mamaroon:

Very well done with the CO and CE. Thanks for giving back and please let's know how EE and EO go.

Was is CBT? I guess it was if results were immediate. How did you handle typing with accents?

The new grid is below. CLB 7 starts at 450/699. IRCC haven't updated the test equivalence tables or the EE profile. I've left enough emails for them, as I'm sure others have, they'll probably sort it before the end of Oct.....hopefully

Excellent.

Thank you very much.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
Enculer:

CO - C1

Abeg if anybody get materials for IELTS. I plan to start by next week in earnest.

Great CE/CO scores!!! Hopefully the others are even more impressive.
Best wishes.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer: 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
DanMisla:

Great CE/CO scores!!! Hopefully the others are even more impressive.
Best wishes.

Thanks. We shall see.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kennyyo: 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
140,000FCFA. That is like 80k.

Omega30:
how much in Lome in naira?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Framaro: 3:48am On Oct 20, 2019
Please how did your exams go? Or you are yet to write it? Please if you don't mind, can you share your experiences? I'm currently considering this option.
Can you also share d link pour s'inscire and the process? Did u have to go there for the registration or it's online? What documents do you need to travel with apart from international passport? Are there safety concerns as a Nigerian there?
Thanks in advance

Kennyyo:
I'm actually looking at October for both TEF and TCF in Lome and possibly two weeks mini immersion before the exam dates.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 10:40am On Oct 20, 2019
Wow, beautiful results. Congratulations,

Please what is your background in French?

Thanks

Enculer:

CO - C1

All new questions.

CE - C2

EE- Results in 3 weeks.

Expecting a B2 as I feel I messed up the fait divers. Went blank for some strange reason. The letter to the journal was better but I think I made a few spelling errors which will take me well clear of C1. Missed opportunity I think. If I get B1, I will not jump over a cliff. Such is life.

Questions.

EO- Results in 3 weeks

Expecting a C1 minimum unless they screw me up. I went off topic a bit but it was the guy that asked me to "just talk" and "continue talking". Invented stuff and maybe talked a bit too fast. In the first bit, I stopped and the guy had to ask me to continue. LOL.

I was doubtful as to whether I was audible and for some strange reason did not make enough eye contact. Na wa oh.

Questions.

I need to work on IELTS. I need materials. I must not screw this one up if not, no EE for me.

I am kind of happy I did TEF first because na red eyes I go use do IELTS.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer: 11:24am On Oct 20, 2019
Lived in Francophone countries for like 4 years. Did not feel I immersed enough though but at least I got to listen to news and watched a few movies.

Daily interacting with people on the streets also helped.

Some people like exams bit I absolutely hate it. I do not feel exams are the best form of testing knowledge. I hate the feeling. Some people are good though and can use their little knowledge to get a lot from exams.

I think you can immerse yourself wherever you are as long as you have materials. Listening materials and you have online people to.discuss with.

Try not to use African accents. Try to use oyibo French as much as you can.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
Thanks for your response. Congrats again

Enculer:
Lived in Francophone countries for like 4 years. Did not feel I immersed enough though but at least I got to listen to news and watched a few movies.

Some people like exams bit I absolutely hate it. I do not feel exams are the best form of testing knowledge. I hate the feeling. Some people are good though and can use their little knowledge to get a lot from exams.

I think you can immerse yourself wherever you are as long as you have materials. Listening materials and you have online people to.discuss with.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mummychichi: 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2019
Enculer:

Congratulations
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Worldtaker: 5:55pm On Oct 21, 2019
À tous mes camarades ici, bonsoir !
Please, I urgently need TEF past questions or prep materials, all my seniors and Canada colleagues should please help with links, PDF or what have you. Qué Dieu vous tous bénisse !
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kindkim: 9:10am On Oct 22, 2019
[quote author=Enculer post=83268170]Passed my TEF yesterday in the UK.

CO - C1

All new questions.

CE - C2

EE- Results in 3 weeks.

Questions.

EO- Results in 3 weeks

Congratulations @ Enculer. You did great and had wonderful scores. The rest will also turn out well like the others. Congratulations!!!.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer: 11:47am On Oct 22, 2019
Thanks everyone.

For those who have not yet written, I am very sure you make better scores than I did in the CE and CO.

Happy to share materials and tips.

Has anyone written IELTS? How does it compare with TEF? Extra hard?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2019
Enculer:

Lol. Everyone has written IELTS. It's arguably easier given you're a native speaker (I assume)

For resources, you'll find free useful stuff on vk.com... just do a site search and use "IELTS".
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
Enculer:
Thanks everyone.

For those who have not yet written, I am very sure you make better scores than I did in the CE and CO.

Happy to share materials and tips.

IELTS was quite easy for me. Had just 2weeks of preparation and maxed out.

For the writing part, I watched virtually all Jay's videos on writing to know what's required.

Writing Tef in 4 days time.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 3:12pm On Oct 22, 2019
ayandee:

For the writing part, I watched virtually all Jay's videos on writing to know what's required.

All the best in your TEF exams!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer: 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
ayandee:

Thanks for the tips. All the very best
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer: 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
Fabguen:

Lol. Everyone has written IELTS. It's arguably easier given you're a native speaker (I assume)

For resources, you'll find free useful stuff on vk.com... just do a site search and use "IELTS".

Thank. I asked because I opened up one Cambridge pdf document and the texts were huge. Defo longer than the TEF ones.

Without reading, I quickly closed it to let my head cool off.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
Enculer:

Thanks for the tips. All the very best
merci
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
Fabguen:

All the best in your TEF exams!
merci
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2019
Enculer:

Thank. I asked because I opened up one Cambridge pdf document and the texts were huge. Defo longer than the TEF ones.

Without reading, I quickly closed it to let my head cool off.

oh...those ones are heavy! once you pay for the exam, you'll have access to RoadtoIELTS - I used this exclusively for my prep. Was okay.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (182) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

Viewing this topic: Theflint1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.