Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (453307 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kennyyo: 4:55am On Nov 16, 2019
Congrats.
ayandee:
My tef result. God is faithful. Thanks to you all (mamaroon, bellerin and everyone on this thread). Many thanks to professeur Joshua of IEF Yaba.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Joshmuch: 6:18am On Nov 16, 2019
Mamaroon:

Sorry, none that I know of. You can check their individual websites and the PNP thread
@ Mamaroon, u are an inspiration on this thread.I have seen you handle unmet expectations appropriately. Please, how do you handle low expectations e.g. IELTS, u think you will pass an exam , and it fell below expectations and it is having a toll on your morale most especially if you see others meeting the same expectations of which you know you could be better than them. Thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 6:32am On Nov 16, 2019
Kennyyo:
Congrats.
thank you.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
Joshmuch:
Please, how do you handle low expectations e.g. IELTS, u think you will pass an exam , and it fell below expectations and it is having a toll on your morale most especially if you see others meeting the same expectations of which you know you could be better than them. Thanks

Hmmm, this one na JAMB question o!!!

In general, whether its TEF, IELTS, broken relationship, job loss etc; the principle is the same (for me)...refresh, refine, refire.

Refresh - just take a break for a day, a week a month (nor make am too long sha), watch a movie, hang out with friends or family, anything you enjoy (that is legit, no bi me go advise make you try drugs o) that will take your mind off the disappointment.

Refine - take a critical look, be brutal with yourself, what did you do well, where did you mess up, where are the gaps, how can you bridge the gaps. Ask for help, get a tutor, join an online community. Map out a plan, not so much in terms of hours, but rather milestones e.g. I want to be able to write a paragraph without referring to the dictionary or I want to be able to listen to that podcast and understand 60% of the gist. For some of us this will also including saving up money in order to redo exams.

Refire - take the plunge again. If the objective must be achieved, you can't give up, abi? How else do you get the ITA if you don't increase your CRS. How do you increase the CRS if you don't smash TEF with CLB 7 or do CIMA/BCS.

Of course you need to ask for the BIG MAN's help to cap it all.

Permit me to leave you with a scripture: Ps 37: 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord . Trust Him, and He will help you.

Personally I see Express Entry as a clear and simple way to migrate.

You can do this, Josh!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by atiteb4: 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
Good Afternoon. Please how can I get good materials that I can use to learn french before taking the TEF exam?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
atiteb4:
Good Afternoon. Please how can I get good materials that I can use to learn french before taking the TEF exam?

Paste in a Google search:

site:vk.com french

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Joshmuch: 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
Mamaroon:

Hmmm, this one na JAMB question o!!! Whether its TEF, IELTS, broken relationship, job loss etc; the principle is the same (for me)...refresh, refine, refire.

Refresh - just take a break for a day, a week a month (nor make am too long sha), watch a movie, hang out with friends or family, anything you enjoy (that is legit, no bi me go advise make you try drugs o) that will take your mind off the disappointment even if it's temporary.

Refine - take a critical look, be brutal with yourself, don't pamper your ego, what did you do well, what did you mess up, where are the gaps, how can you bridge the gaps. Ask for help, get a tutor, join an online community. Map out a plan, not so much in terms of hours, but more milestones e.g. I want to be able to write a paragraph without referring to the dictionary or I want to be able to listen to that podcast and understand 60% of the gist. For some people this will also including saving up money in order to redo exams.

Refire - take the plunge again. If the objective must be achieved, you can't give up, abi? How else do you get the ITA if you don't increase your CRS. How do you increase the CRS if you don't get 7 in IELTS writing or smash TEF or do CIMA/BCS.

Of course you need to ask for the BIG MAN's help to cap it all...may I leave you with a scripture: Ps 37: 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord . Trust him, and he will help you.

Personally I see Express Entry as a clear and simple way to migrate. TEF or PNP are my only options given age, years of experience and education, so if I want to do it, I have to keep going, however long it takes. #I have not achieved, I press on......

You can do this, Josh!!!
Thanks alot!! Always inspiring!!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Joshmuch: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
Mamaroon:

Hmmm, this one na JAMB question o!!! Whether its TEF, IELTS, broken relationship, job loss etc; the principle is the same (for me)...refresh, refine, refire.

Refresh - just take a break for a day, a week a month (nor make am too long sha), watch a movie, hang out with friends or family, anything you enjoy (that is legit, no bi me go advise make you try drugs o) that will take your mind off the disappointment even if it's temporary.

Refine - take a critical look, be brutal with yourself, don't pamper your ego, what did you do well, what did you mess up, where are the gaps, how can you bridge the gaps. Ask for help, get a tutor, join an online community. Map out a plan, not so much in terms of hours, but more milestones e.g. I want to be able to write a paragraph without referring to the dictionary or I want to be able to listen to that podcast and understand 60% of the gist. For some people this will also including saving up money in order to redo exams.

Refire - take the plunge again. If the objective must be achieved, you can't give up, abi? How else do you get the ITA if you don't increase your CRS. How do you increase the CRS if you don't get 7 in IELTS writing or smash TEF or do CIMA/BCS.

Of course you need to ask for the BIG MAN's help to cap it all...may I leave you with a scripture: Ps 37: 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord . Trust him, and he will help you.

Personally I see Express Entry as a clear and simple way to migrate. TEF or PNP are my only options given age, years of experience and education, so if I want to do it, I have to keep going, however long it takes. #I have not achieved, I press on......

You can do this, Josh!!!
also please, how do I get materials for TEF Exams?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2019

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Amethyst1884: 10:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
ayandee:
My tef result. God is faithful. Thanks to you all (mamaroon, bellerin and everyone on this thread). Many thanks to professeur Joshua of IEF Yaba.

Hi Everyone, Joshua IEF here,
I decided to stop putting up ads here due to the seriousness of this group and I thought it wasnt fair to take undue advantage by posting ads et al. Its why when we had a success story with Yinka (for those unaware, there was a Yinka story) who had C1, C1 C1 and B2 [B2 in writing], We didnt really over push, although THE YINKA story also gained us some recognition and I thank all those who have in one way or the other spoken about IEF, you added to our what we have become now.

I sincerely congratulate @Ayande for another superbe result C1, C1 C1 and B2 [B2 in speaking], you must have read her side of the story as well. The common ground for both is that they were very dedicated. I thank you both for the work you put it.

My challenge right now is that if Yinka had a B2 in writing and Dayo had a B2 in speaking it means there is still a record to break C1, C1, C1 C1, I think its safe to say that we can achieve C1 in writing like Dayo did and C1 in speaking like Yinka did.

TEF Community if you think you can be more determined, and your story is worth a success story... how can we be of help. Merci

IEF
French made Easy

THANK YOU ALL !!!

16 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by atiteb4: 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
Fabguen:

Paste in a Google search:

site:vk.com french
thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
ayandee:

I think It's achievable in eight months if you attend classes daily and do a lot of studying, listening and speaking on your own too. You have to immerse yourself in the language within the périod.

I started in April. It's quite challenging but rewarding. I attend classes daily. Since you live in maryland, you can first check out Alliance français Ikeja branch (that's the closest to you). Alternatively, you can check IEF Yaba
Please I will like to understand you better.
You said you started in April, did you know nothing that April.
I can see you passed already. Was it the period you used in learning to get that result.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 12:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
brogxy:

Please I will like to understand you better.
You said you started in April, did you know nothing that April.
I can see you passed already. Was it the period you used in learning to get that result.
Before april, I knew bonjour, au revoir from my secondary school knowledge of french. That was all. I started from A1 in April.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
ayandee:
Before april, I knew bonjour, au revoir from my secondary school knowledge of french. That was all. I started from A1 in April.
Thanks.
By you saying A1, does it mean you could do basic like greetings ( salut à bientôt), order at a restaurant ( je voudrais un tasse de thé Avec un pain, une table pour Deux personnes s' il vous plaît), work ( he travail chaque jour), etc.
I have learnt these and more using an app (Duolingo).
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 12:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
brogxy:

Thanks.
By you saying A1, does it mean you could do basic like greetings ( salut à bientôt), order at a restaurant ( je voudrais un tasse de thé Avec un pain, une table pour Deux personnes s' il vous plaît), work ( he travail chaque jour), etc.
I have learnt these and more using an app (Duolingo).
no. I couldnt do any of these before the A1 class.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
ayandee:
Ok thanks. What's the lecture schedule and rate.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
Amethyst1884:

how can we be of help. Merci

IEF
French made Easy

THANK YOU ALL !!!
I need help to C1, how do I go about it and what's the duration to achieve this?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2019
brogxy:

Ok thanks. What's the lecture schedule and rate.
It's 20k monthly. Mondays to Fridays. They have also weekend classes. You may call IEF for more details 08168338757

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Denerystormborn: 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
I have also just started the classes with ief yaba. I also didnt understand french at,but after one class wurh them,i know they are alright. They have a lot of testimonials too oo
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Chloesmum22: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hello Everybody, we can take advantage of this!

Good morning everyone. Please if there's anyone in the house who has attempted TEF Canada or TCF Canada and has attained CLB5 across board in addition to IELTS, please be informed that Manitoba has a program for you.

Please see below the link to send in your application for an Exploratory Visit.

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/travailleurs-qualifies-a-letranger-2__trashed/visite-exploratoire/?lang=fr

Bonne chance à vous

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by captainhoo: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2019
ayandee:

Congrats on your TEF victory. Did you use any other materials for learning and preparation apart from those already shared on this thread ? If yes, please can you share with me. Thanks.

Was it only the French music that helped you in your listening , any other tips for the listening please?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 9:00am On Nov 18, 2019
captainhoo:

Congrats on your TEF victory. Did you use any other materials for learning and preparation apart from those already shared on this thread ? If yes, please can you share with me. Thanks.

Was it only the French music that helped you in your listening , any other tips for the listening please?
I used the materials shared on this thread and followed the Facebook group "comment se preparer pour TEF" where members posted exam questions recently done.

For the listening, the listening sessions at IEF really helped. We consumed a lot of audios (class appropriate audios) in class. They formed an integral part of the teaching even long before the exams.

I did a lot of listening on my own too. Bought a bluetooth speaker which became my companion while driving and doing house chores. I listened to anything french- news, podcasts, and my favourite TV5 programme (les maternelles d'Afrique anchored by Angela) Music is just one of them.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Msadesina: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2019
Please i live in Abuja and i would like to know if IEF exists here or any TEF dedicated study center in Abuja. I don't even mind having a study partner, i already max out on ielts and i am on 441, i think French is the next thing for me. Please assist with information

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Amethyst1884: 10:23am On Nov 19, 2019
Hi
We are not in Abuja at the moment. Apologies
Msadesina:
Please i live in Abuja and i would like to know if IEF exists here or any TEF dedicated study center in Abuja. I don't even mind having a study partner, i already max out on ielts and i am on 441, i think French is the next thing for me. Please assist with information
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Amethyst1884: 10:24am On Nov 19, 2019
brogxy:

I need help to C1, how do I go about it and what's the duration to achieve this?
HI, vous pouvez me chatter 08168338757
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
ayandee:

Congrats!! Brilliant performance...
Best wishes for the next steps!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ayandee: 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2019
DanMisla:

Congrats!! Brilliant performance...
Best wishes for the next steps!
thank you.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by careerwoman(f): 7:24am On Nov 20, 2019
Hello
Please I’m interested in learning French to boost my CRS scores.
Currently A1 but intend to enrol in a 3 month physical class from January in Abuja.
I need focused french buddies in Abuja.
Kindly send a pm if you’re in the same shoe as mine.
Please when is the next TEF/TCF exam?
How long does it take for results to be out?
How feasible is it to achieve the ffg scores with intensive French daily class for 3 months:
Speaking:320
Writing: 320
Listening: 280
Reading: 280
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by amaya21: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2019
It's better you give yourself six months of intensive study. Learning a new language to fluent levels isn't easy. A lot also depends on what you put in.

careerwoman:
Hello
Please I’m interested in learning French to boost my CRS scores.
Currently A1 but intend to enrol in a 3 month physical class from January in Abuja.
I need focused french buddies in Abuja.
Kindly send a pm if you’re in the same shoe as mine.
How feasible is it to achieve the ffg scores with intensive French daily class for 3 months:

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Fabguen: 8:55am On Nov 20, 2019
careerwoman:

Hello, you need to contact Institute Francais Abuja for the next available dates. It's possible the next one is in December but I imagine you're targeting 2020 since you're A1 at the moment.

TEF 4 - 6 weeks; TCF 15 days

The current record from A1 is 6 months. 3 months is very optimistic for these scores. Especially a 280 in reading (that's possibly a C2)

However, just try to focus on your goal and work hard on your French.

Look at posts from @ayandee and @njbybrthnly for what's possible in 6 months.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rinzylee(m): 10:45am On Nov 20, 2019
Bonjour Toute le Monde!

Please asides Alliance Francais , is there any great French center specifically for TEF/TCF in Ilorin? Alliance Francais is offering me 3 months for just beginners class. Too long for what I need.

Je parle un petite peau.

Thank you
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Macy4real200: 4:24pm On Nov 20, 2019
Am in Abuja too. Lets connect and find solution to our problem. Maybe we can even have a joint section with tobidam
Msadesina:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (182) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.