Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (453193 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by yemozyn: 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
Worldtaker:
Finally I can come out of my hiding place. TEF results out:
EO C1
EE C1
CE C1
CO C1
Wow!! It is a thing of joy to see one's efforts crowned with success.I have been mute in action since.I know the journey just begins sha. Special appreciation to Almighty, and also to my Monsieur ,Tobi, the face behind the online school, www.tobidam.com Thanks for the encouragement, interesting ,fun and imparting class. And of always reminding me,:« you're now a senior student, work harder, no more English.»
Back to my hiding place, journey still long small.Thanks to all who made the thread alive too. Peace!!
Excellent performance, sincerely it is obvious you've really work hard for this.
Please where did you take your test and was the CE and CO paper or computer based?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
Bonjour, comment allez-vous ? Please how many months did you study for the examination and how many hours per day (on average) were you studying?

Worldtaker:
EO C1
EE C1
CE C1
CO C1
Wow!! It is a thing of joy to see one's efforts crowned with success.I have been mute in action since.I know the journey just begins sha. Special appreciation to Almighty, and also to my Monsieur ,Tobi, the face behind the online school, www.tobidam.com Thanks for the encouragement, interesting ,fun and imparting class. And of always reminding me,:« you're now a senior student, work harder, no more English.»
Back to my hiding place, journey still long small.Thanks to all who made the thread alive too. Peace!!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by captainhoo: 9:03am On Feb 25, 2020
Worldtaker:
EO C1
EE C1
CE C1
CO C1

Felicitations. Bon courage. Can you share with us all some tips that really helped you to achieve this.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by mojee: 10:36am On Feb 25, 2020
i would love to join too.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Donpaper: 10:53am On Feb 25, 2020
Worldtaker:
EO C1
EE C1
CE C1
CO C1
Been waiting for your results, congrats fellow online school mate.
I am following behind!!!!!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by mojee: 10:55am On Feb 25, 2020
Move2:

Yes

i am interested too. thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Mummychichi: 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
Worldtaker:
EO C1
EE C1
CE C1
CO C1

Congratulations! Brillant results!

When did you take the exam? Where?

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Worldtaker: 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
In the spirit of giving back and also due to requests from my fellow students of Tobidam and friends here too.

This is the full gists:
It all began last year searching for how to begin my French training. I couldn't go to any traditional language school cos of my busy schedule ,so I was searching if I could get an online school, and luckily, I found www.tobidam.com .

Did I know French before? Yes and No
Yes because I could speak a little and write too, but No because when I did my placement test at Tobidam, I was told I was still a beginner according to their curriculum. So I started from scratch.
Just to be brief, I spent 6months, but It was like a year in 6 months. I booked for private class(12hrs/WK as at then) as against group class so that it can be very fast. The tutor said, if I want to pass at a sitting, I must double the amount of class hours as personal efforts. He also said if I can do up to C1, it will improve my results. So I agreed. So I had to put 28 hours/ week of personal efforts aside class own. That is 4hrs/day. I simply gave my life to French for those 6 months.

We do listening ( from DELF A1-B2) for practice throughout, at C1 we started doing TEF listening practice. I did a lot of outside class listening Like RFI, RTL, TV5 monde, Radio Canada etc.
For speaking, Writing & Reading was imbedded in the program from A1. I can't move to the next level until I have passed at least 50% of the exam at every level.( internal assessment)
After the program, I did Special TEF preparation class:
My tutor tutored with 102 CE long texts three times. and the 22 CO long texts three times with some tips on how to master them in order to do well on exam day. I went through them the first time and he joined me for the second and third time.
We practiced exam related EO and EE texts from 2019 past questions and commonly repeated past questions.
We treated 250 CE TEF blue & yellow version as well as all the 6 CO TEF

Tips on exam day: don't be distracted, please concentrate well during listening cos you can easily lose touch. Even if some one knows the answer, do what you know first, otherwise you could be destabilized.

For Writing,( section B) I was told to use Subjunctive , Conditional, Future simple where necessary and my logical connectors. Too many
strategies I was given to meet the requirements, that time won't permit me to list all.

It is paper based and black pen used. That's all I could say for now.
Another beauty of attending Tobidam is that I was provided with all the materials needed. I didn't get any myself. And the class is HIGHLY WORTH IT!
Peace.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by captainhoo: 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
Worldtaker:

My tutor tutored with 102 CE long texts three times. and the 22 CO long texts

For Writing,( section B) I was told to use Subjunctive , Conditional, Future simple where necessary and my logical connectors. Too many
strategies I was given to meet the requirements, that time won't permit me to list all.
Peace.
Please can you write more on the strategy and tips. Its really important so that those of us still learning can learn more.
Do you have a link you can share with us for the 22 Co and 102 CE. Thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by vvik33: 1:05am On Feb 26, 2020
Worldtaker:
In the spirit of giving back and also due to requests from my fellow students of Tobidam and friends here too.

This is the full gists:
It all began last year searching for how to begin my French training. I couldn't go to any traditional language school cos of my busy schedule ,so I was searching if I could get an online school, and luckily, I found www.tobidam.com .

Did I know French before? Yes and No
Yes because I could speak a little and write too, but No because when I did my placement test at Tobidam, I was told I was still a beginner according to their curriculum. So I started from scratch.
Just to be brief, I spent 6months, but It was like a year in 6 months. I booked for private class(12hrs/WK as at then) as against group class so that it can be very fast. The tutor said, if I want to pass at a sitting, I must double the amount of class hours as personal efforts. He also said if I can do up to C1, it will improve my results. So I agreed. So I had to put 28 hours/ week of personal efforts aside class own. That is 4hrs/day. I simply gave my life to French for those 6 months.

We do listening ( from DELF A1-B2) for practice throughout, at C1 we started doing TEF listening practice. I did a lot of outside class listening Like RFI, RTL, TV5 monde, Radio Canada etc.
For speaking, Writing & Reading was imbedded in the program from A1. I can't move to the next level until I have passed at least 50% of the exam at every level.( internal assessment)
After the program, I did Special TEF preparation class:
My tutor tutored with 102 CE long texts three times. and the 22 CO long texts three times with some tips on how to master them in order to do well on exam day. I went through them the first time and he joined me for the second and third time.
We practiced exam related EO and EE texts from 2019 past questions and commonly repeated past questions.

Tips on exam day: don't be distracted, please concentrate well during listening cos you can easily lose touch. Even if some one knows the answer, do what you know first, otherwise you could be destabilized.

It is paper based and black pen used. That's all I could say for now.
Another beauty of attending Tobidam is that I was provided with all the materials needed. I didn't get any myself. And the class is HIGHLY WORTH IT!
Peace.

Congrats! Your story is very inspiring.
How much are the classes for 12h/week pls?

Thanks!!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by captainhoo: 5:05am On Feb 26, 2020
Worldtaker:

Peace.

Please, I have sent you a pm. Thank you
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
Fantastic results!!!
Meilleurs voeux...

Worldtaker:
EO C1
EE C1
CE C1
CO C1
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by EngineerChic: 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2020
Okay.. thank you
79733139:

Do you like computer science or information technology (IT), then take BCS. Do you like management accounting or finance, then take CIMA.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Move2(m): 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2020
Worldtaker:
EO C1
EE C1
CE C1
CO C1

congratulations on this result.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Move2(m): 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
Bonab:

I'm interested. I don't mind paying.
I've replied your PM as well as all others who sent to me. regards
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer2: 12:00am On Feb 28, 2020
WES is taking forever. Damn!

They are smiling to the bank whichever way.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Donpaper: 9:01am On Feb 28, 2020
Enculer2:
WES is taking forever. Damn!

They are smiling to the bank whichever way.
haha, I thought you have done your ECA before na. Since how long now?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer2: 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
Donpaper:
haha, I thought you have done your ECA before na. Since how long now?

Done mine. Waiting for feedback on spouse degrees.

They are reviewing newly received docs according to them.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dulles25: 8:01pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hello good people,

Here I am ready to begin this journey. I have never had a French lesson before neither do I know basic French language. However, I want to dedicate 6 months to actively learn all levels.

Would you recommend online classes or physical ? I can do 3 hours per day.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hi everyone!

Glad to see the positive spirit here.

I just want to encourage everyone to hang in there regardless of how tough it seems to be. Studying French has multiple advantages asides the immediate obvious one of increasing your CRS. Take this from someone who's been keenly following the Canadian labour market trends. As a software developer, I realised there are many people with my skill set here; multilingualism instantly became my selling point. To better appreciate my point, take your time to review most of the job boards in Canada. You'll see that roles that require multilingualism pay up to 20% more than their monolingual counterparts. Most of these roles are in Quebec though but that shouldn't be a problem if you take steps to manage the expectations of the prospective employers.

How do you manage their expectations? Do your French language evaluation with YMCA on arrival. It's just like any other French exam evaluating your strength in the four areas of language studies and it's free. Each area is graded on a scale of 1 to 8. With this result, you'd be referred to government sponsored institutions where you could continue your classes for free. But asides this, you should always mention this result to a prospective employer when interviewing for bilingual roles. This helps them place your level accordingly without over expecting thus reducing the pressure on you.

Regardless of the province you choose to land in, do not close your eyes to these bilingual jobs. If you could move from Africa to North America, you can always move from Ontario/Alberta to Quebec.

Wish you all the very best!

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer2: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
etrange:
Hi everyone!

I just want to encourage everyone to hang in there regardless of how tough it seems to be. Studying French has multiple advantages asides from the immediate obvious one of increasing your CRS. Take this from someone who's been keenly following the Canadian labour market trends. As a software developer, I realised there are many people with my skill set here; multilingualism instantly became my selling point. To better appreciate my point, take your time to review most of the job boards in Canada. You'll see that roles that require multilingualism pay up to 20% more than their monolingual counterparts. Most of these roles are in Quebec though but that shouldn't be a problem if you take steps to manage the expectations of the prospective employers.

How do you manage their expectations? Do your French language evaluation with YMCA on arrival. It's just like any other French exam evaluating your strength in the four areas of language studies and it's free. Each area is graded on a scale of 1 to 8. With this result, you'd be referred to government sponsored institutions where you could continue your classes for free. But asides this, you should always mention this result to a prospective employer when interviewing for bilingual roles. This helps them place your level accordingly without over expecting thus reducing the pressure on you.

Regardless of the province you choose to land in, do not close your eyes to these bilingual jobs. If you could move from Africa to North America, you can always move from Ontario/Alberta to Quebec.

Congrats on you move. I hope you are well settled.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 2:37am On Feb 29, 2020
Enculer2:

Congrats on you move. I hope you are well settled.

Thanks!

I'm settling in one step at a time!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Enculer2: 7:06am On Feb 29, 2020
etrange:

Thanks!

I'm settling in one step at a time!

Settle down and then you can share your experience with us and give us tips for landing.

How is the cold anyway?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by captainhoo: 10:10am On Feb 29, 2020
etrange:
Hi everyone!

I just want to encourage everyone to hang in there regardless of how tough it seems to be. Studying French has multiple advantages asides from the immediate obvious one of increasing your CRS. Take this from someone who's been keenly following the Canadian labour market trends. As a software developer, I realised there are many people with my skill set here; multilingualism instantly became my selling point. To better appreciate my point, take your time to review most of the job boards in Canada. You'll see that roles that require multilingualism pay up to 20% more than their monolingual counterparts. Most of these roles are in Quebec though but that shouldn't be a problem if you take steps to manage the expectations of the prospective employers.

Thanks for this tip. Just a quick question, how is the exam conducted. Is it conducted like DELF, TEF or TCF. Thanks very much again.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dulles25: 11:05am On Feb 29, 2020
etrange:
Hi everyone!

Nice to read this, amidst my dilemma with the French language.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 4:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
Enculer2:

Settle down and then you can share your experience with us and give us tips for landing.

How is the cold anyway?

It's much better now. I've got a better kit too.

I came it when it -18°C. I almost ran back to the airport building grin Yet everyone is saying it's been a mild winter this season. What what a harsh one would be like undecided
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by etrange: 5:06pm On Feb 29, 2020
captainhoo:

Thanks for this tip. Just a quick question, how is the exam conducted. Is it conducted like DELF, TEF or TCF. Thanks very much again.

Yeah but a much more diluted version. You call, book an appointment and go whenever you get a slot. The person assigned to you will just introduce himself or herself, explain the process and give you either the writing or the reading part to start with (it's your choice) and you'd move to the other once you're done. The reading/writing is usually done in a small hall where you'd see others doing thier own English or French tasks. After this, you'd return to the officer's office where they'd just start a nice conversation with you in French and before you know it, the speaking part is over. Then you'd listen to some audio clip on the officer's PC and answer questions based on the clip's content. That's it. He or she will give you your scores right there and you both will discuss the nearest training centre that has classes for your level. There are online classes too. It's free, pretty straightforward and easy. There's no pressure too cause the actual aim is to know from where to start teaching you.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Joshmuch: 1:14am On Mar 01, 2020
Worldtaker:
EO C1
EE C1
CE C1
CO C1
Just seeing this. Congratulations mate. That's my school too
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by barbieSAN: 8:14am On Mar 02, 2020
woldtaker

please can you explain more about this your monsieur tobi. am about relocating to lagos just to learn french, how long will it take? can you give me your number so we could talk. pls help a sister. my number is 08038001443

Merci Beaucoup in advance
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by barbieSAN: 8:18am On Mar 02, 2020
Please which of the exam did you describe, Is it TEF or TCF
I need more explanation about this Tobi Gbadamosi.

Yeah but a much more diluted version. You call, book an appointment and go whenever you get a slot. The person assigned to you will just introduce himself or herself, explain the process and give you either the writing or the reading part to start with (it's your choice) and you'd move to the other once you're done. The reading/writing is usually done in a small hall where you'd see others doing thier own English or French tasks. After this, you'd return to the officer's office where they'd just start a nice conversation with you in French and before you know it, the speaking part is over. Then you'd listen to some audio clip on the officer's PC and answer questions based on the clip's content. That's it. He or she will give you your scores right there and you both will discuss the nearest training centre that has classes for your level. There are online classes too. It's free, pretty straightforward and easy. There's no pressure too cause the actual aim is to know from where to start teaching you. [/quote]
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by barbieSAN: 8:21am On Mar 02, 2020
Then please how do i book the exam and what is the fees attached?

Yeah but a much more diluted version. You call, book an appointment and go whenever you get a slot. The person assigned to you will just introduce himself or herself, explain the process and give you either the writing or the reading part to start with (it's your choice) and you'd move to the other once you're done. The reading/writing is usually done in a small hall where you'd see others doing thier own English or French tasks. After this, you'd return to the officer's office where they'd just start a nice conversation with you in French and before you know it, the speaking part is over. Then you'd listen to some audio clip on the officer's PC and answer questions based on the clip's content. That's it. He or she will give you your scores right there and you both will discuss the nearest training centre that has classes for your level. There are online classes too. It's free, pretty straightforward and easy. There's no pressure too cause the actual aim is to know from where to start teaching you. [/quote]
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Femmelle: 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
Hello everyone.
I am new here and preparing to start french lessons towards improving my CRS score (450). I have aced IELTS and ECA done.
I have to very important concerns:
1. How long does it take realistically to learn french and prepare for TEF?
2. Is there any way I can get practice questions? Please, kindly share

Help your girl fulfil her Canada dream this year

Thank you all in anticipation smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (182) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.