Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,920 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? (50374 Views)

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Kudducini(m): 8:54am On Aug 13, 2018
akeentech:
The best is WEMA BANK, you can even make money opening account with them, just click the link below to open one in less than 20 minutes.

Make Money Opening Account With WEMA Bank

The BvN is that gonna work? I think. you must fill the BVN form in the bank
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2018
lummy5000:
gtbank is the best
Thank you very much.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2018
Aldebaran:
Try Savanna Bank grin
Sarakis Bank grin
Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 8:57am On Aug 13, 2018
Quoran:
GT Bank. If you leave your account for a certain period, the interest you get is very encouraging. Their Internet banking services are reliable. I will also recommend Access and Zenith banks.
Thank you very much. GTbank seems to the most preferable, hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2018
frankosivue:

Thanks. Never heard of it though. Looks like the bank does not have branches close to me

The average Nigerian response up there
to a question about Piggy banks

Please read, read, read

Contact me for books: orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2018
kenny714433:
@op, don't go to open a savings account with the aim of getting interest. For me, the aim of opening a savings acc is to restrict me from having access to my money at will.

I'm banking with Union Bank and UBA. They are all good. If u want interest in your money, buy bitcoin and keep or go into cryptocurrency.
Thank you very much. how do you rate Union bank, please?
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by grateful236(m): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2018
kenny714433:
@op, don't go to open a savings account with the aim of getting interest. For me, the aim of opening a savings acc is to restrict me from having access to my money at will.

I'm banking with Union Bank and UBA. They are all good. If u want interest in your money, buy bitcoin and keep or go into cryptocurrency.

Please explain how this cryptocirrency works?
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:02am On Aug 13, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:
Na orisirisi name I dey hear sef ...keystone..Lol

Zenith is dah best but na olowo bank o.

U can try gtb. I don't use it but my pals who use it rate it high

Then consider if ur work requires u open in a specific bank before u open.
Thanks.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:03am On Aug 13, 2018
akeentech:
The best is WEMA BANK, you can even make money opening account with them, just click the link below to open one in less than 20 minutes.

Make Money Opening Account With WEMA Bank
Thanks.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:04am On Aug 13, 2018
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
Best for me is first bank but dey much stealing
I will go with stanbic but poor Internet banking
Thanks. Can explain the stealing part please?
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:08am On Aug 13, 2018
Acidosis:
Banks are getting richer off the poor. Stop "saving" money.

They take your savings, put them together and invest your money in real estate, oil and gas business, mining, treasury bills, etc. At the end of the day, they declare profits in billions, share around 70% among the (owners) shareholders and 30% among employees. You know what they do to customers? They debit your money, ask you to pay on withdrawals, service charge and account maintenance. Lol, on top money wey dem use make profit grin grin

Customers are the biggest mumu in the banking industry grin

So bro, there is no such thing as the best bank to "save" your money. Following the CBN capitalization policy, your money is safe in any of the deposit money banks, if "savings" is what you truly want.
hmmm, Thanks!
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Cedricayus(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2018
SPECIAL LAGOS MENTORING SESSION
ARE Y0U IN LAGOS?
ARE Y0U WILLING TO UNDERSTAND HOW BANKS MAKE MONEY FROM THE FOREX MARKET?
y
"One of the ways the wealthy stay wealthy is by trading their money in FOREX."- Robert Kiyosaki.
The *difference* between the RICH and the POOR is INFORMATION. To we be wealthy, study the process of WEALTH CREATION.
THEN, JOIN ME THIS TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY AS I SHOW YOU THE SIMPLE AND EASY "COPY AND PASTE METHOD" I USE IN EARNING EVERYDAY,
YOU TOO CAN START EARNING $100 TO $1000 AND MORE EVERYDAY TRADING FOREX.
$5.7 TRILLION IS TRADED IN FOREX EVERYDAY.. TAKE YOUR SHARE AND BUILD YOUR OWN ECONOMY BY SIMPLE COPY AND PASTE
SIMPLY TEXT ''Victoria Island or Ikeja'' TO 08091431815
You will recieve a message to attend a meeting this Tuesday in Lagos at Victoria Island on 14th August, 2018 and Wednesday in Lagos at Ikeja on 15th August, 2018
y
PS 1: The full address of the venue will be sent to you with seat reservation number as a text message.
PS 2: THE EVENT IS SPONSORED BY WEALTH ACADEMY SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR IT... (IT'S FREE TO ATTEND)

Invite big for this meeting and watch your organization grow...
For more information call or whatsapp me: 08091431815.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Themaths(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2018
OP, listen attentively.

Currently, I have nine (10) active bank accounts. Thanks to MMM days.

2 first bank accounts (Visa and Verve)
1 Zenith (MasterCard)
2 Diamond (Both Visas)
1 Access (MasterCard)
1 Wema (Alat Banking, MasterCard)
1 Union Bank (MasterCard)
1 GTB. (MasterCard).
1 FCMB (Verve)

There are several reasons to open and not to open an account with any bank.

CHARGES: As far as you opt for alert by text messages, you must be charged #4 per SMS you receive, Normal monthly #52.50 charges apply per monthly card maintenance (To avoid this, just empty your account grin) and transfer to other banks. Extra charge of about #65 also apply when you use your card more than 3 times on a different bank's ATM.

MINIMUM ACCOUNT BALANCE: First, Union bank is #1,000, Wema is #500 others are zero account.

BANKING APP AND TRANSFER LIMITS; Without Token, Zenith is 100k, First and Diamond is 500k, GTB is 2million to GTB and 1million to other banks, union is 5k (pathetic), I haven't tried to see the max for FCMB, Wema is 2 million Access is 1million to be sent in 500k max in parts.

For the apps, all the banks have got good apps, beautiful UI apart from FCMB, very ugly. Most of them have fingerprint login too, cool right? For some you can order ATM from the app.

INTERNATIONAL/INTERNET BANKING; All Verve cards can't buy stuff from international online shopping websites like AliExpress, Alibaba, eBay, Amazon et al. For me, GTB has the lowest exchange rates, #363/$, Access 365. Only my Zenith MasterCard works on eBay, charge is 373-375/$ (total rip off).

AVAILABILITY OF BRANCHES; Firstbank has the highest number of branches for me and where I have been to. You even find them in small towns, very thoughtful of them. FCMB has the least closely followed by union.

CUSTOMER CARE SERVICES; To me almost all banks have shitty service. You will be served better in a branch that receives less customers.

There is one Zenith Bank close to me (opposite Mobil filling station, Ring Road. People who live in Benin will know it), their bulk room tellers can fight you, insult you and talk to you anyhow. But the one I went to at Uyo, Abak road, the woman there is so friendly to go bank go dey hungry you.

INTEREST RATES: For me, access, diamond, Wema pays interest. Maybe others pay too, but I haven't noticed because I use my accounts often.

ATM CARDS; Zenith gave me MasterCard, diamond Visa, Union MasterCard, Access MasterCard, First and FCMB Verve. Some banks gives MasterCard and Visa on default, some you have to indicate, some banks are stubborn even if you indicate, they will still give you Verve. Very annoying. For me, MasterCard is the most flexible of all cards.

UNSCRUPULOUS DEDUCTIONS; Many people have complained of this, but I have only experienced it with Diamond bank, I was refunded in full after making complaints.

NB; All these are based on my own personal experiences, and I stand to be corrected.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:12am On Aug 13, 2018
orjikuramo:
You won't get a sincere answer as no one can give u that.
I, a broke hustler who is savings keen, have 3 active savings account - gtbank, diamond and sterling.

Their interest rate, as I observed from deliberately not withdrawing for 3 months, is the same but sterling bank's is slightly higher.

Don't use access bank, those guys would rip all your money (from experience)

Finally, to enjoy your savings interest and to gag banks from their incessant withdrawal of your money, kindly opt for email notification instead of SMS.
Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by abbasajao(m): 9:14am On Aug 13, 2018
Go and open savings account in all deposit banks, save the same amount in to it, leave for some months, compare their rates and make a decision.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:14am On Aug 13, 2018
Olafemiwa:
That is the foolish question you are asking peoples here
Smiles..

Why did you say so?
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Paul112(m): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2018
Try Ostrich Bank Plc

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Tetero9(m): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2018
Keystone Bank

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Sirfeeking(m): 9:19am On Aug 13, 2018
kenny714433:

I'm not into bitcoin though..but this is wat happens. Like last week, the price of bitcoin drastically reduced. So spending like 50k and buying the coin that last week and accumulating them in ur wallet will be the best thing to do. There'll come a time the price will triple and you can sell it then. It will just demand you knowing the market value, when it's dropping and when it wants to rise. As at last yr, some of my friends bought it for like 3k and sold it at 15k. So look at the gain
Please can you link me up with your friends,I'm interested in the bitcoin business.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by mancunian: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2018
I opened ALAT two weeks ago. It is very good. I had issues with my documents but it was resolved after over one week which is long but I feel it is one off. I like the creativity. I recommend it for now. You open your account in less than 5 minutes.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2018
lebete3000:

You should be concerned more with security.
I am a newbie, please put me through...
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2018
Omonoba1:
I must confess Union bank has really been impressive these days. I was using UBA before I dumped them when they couldn't even issue an instant debit card and they charge like hell..
Thanks.
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 13, 2018
Acidosis:
Banks are getting richer off the poor. Stop "saving" money.

They take your savings, put them together and invest your money in real estate, oil and gas business, mining, treasury bills, etc. At the end of the day, they declare profits in billions, share around 70% among the (owners) shareholders and 30% among employees. You know what they do to customers? They debit your money, ask you to pay on withdrawals, service charge and account maintenance. Lol, on top money wey dem use make profit grin grin

Customers are the biggest mumu in the banking industry grin

So bro, there is no such thing as the best bank to "save" your money. Following the CBN capitalization policy, your money is safe in any of the deposit money banks, if "savings" is what you truly want.
true

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2018
lastempero:
And it made front page shocked
Hahhaha
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2018
Quoran:
GT Bank. If you leave your account for a certain period, the interest you get is very encouraging. Their Internet banking services are reliable. I will also recommend Access and Zenith banks.

Access is shyt, the kind money way them dey zap too plenty, they even charge for ATM maintenance which ironically I don't even have

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Roum(m): 9:32am On Aug 13, 2018
frankosivue:
I was at Union Bank weeks back so I asked their staffs requirements to open a savings account with them. I was told to come along with some documents and 2.5k. He said I will get an ATM card within an hour of opening my account there for 1k. What do you think, Nairaladers?
Diamond bank angtime ,anyday

1 Like

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Humblega(m): 9:38am On Aug 13, 2018
Pple av mentioned almost all banks if not all. Opp will b like ds

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by frankosivue(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2018
ogayoungboss:
Come to first bank elephant house and I wold open a savings account for you and also advice u on or fixed deposit account package and other packages we have contact me on 08127733672
Thanks.
But don't think I can meet you, because I am in North East Nigeria
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by abuhari: 9:42am On Aug 13, 2018
Union Bank is the best.

2 Likes

Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 13, 2018
lobinche101:
If you love internet banking don't think twice just open keystone bank and thank me later...

Seconded
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by senatordave1(m): 9:45am On Aug 13, 2018
Please guys,am in a financial mess.someone should help: first bank 3102979571
Re: Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 13, 2018
I think all the Banks in Nigeria are completed here, everyone has proven that the bank which they operate with is good.

So Op go and choose any bank close to you and save your money period.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Loan App Just Served My Neighbour A Court Order / 7 Annoying People You Meet At The ATM / MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.