Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. (1415 Views)

Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond? / My Husband Is Gay! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by Freewilly(f): 1:32am On Jan 05, 2006
I know this is a question from my old post, so please forgive me if you think I'm being repetitive.As a homosexual  this is a very serious subject for me because I have met so many kids in our society today that are gay and scared out of their mind to tell their parents I'm not a parent,so I'm not even going to act like I know how it would feel like. But I think parents should be understanding when it comes to sexuality of their kids. Just my two cents.
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by Oracle(m): 2:23am On Jan 05, 2006
It would definitely feel bad
coz the parent is not gay
he/she is married
it'll feel like ur worst nightmare has come to reality
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by allonym: 5:43am On Jan 05, 2006
what does a parent being gay have to do with their children's sexuality?

I doubt that it is anybody's worst nightmare, unless they are some really ignorant or hypocritical.
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by Outkast(f): 5:14am On Jan 07, 2006
This is the way I see it.
Kids these days are influenced by so many things, especially the media. Depending on the child's age,I'll ask what makes him/her think that.
I must say I will be disappointed, considering the fact that it's against what I believe in, and it'll be hard for me to accept, I cannot Judge because I'm not God. In time, I'll have no choice but to try and see things his/her way
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by leoc1: 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2009
If ur child is a gay all u need is powerful prayer.
leonardo c daniel shocked
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by mamagee6(f): 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2009
I will just slap the living daylight out of that naughty kid. tongue
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by Leilah(f): 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2009
Smash it to pieces
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by oziomatv(m): 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2009
Only god knows I'll get ready for new child,since I can't change him/her.
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by Dclique(m): 1:18am On Sep 22, 2009
If its a boy.
I will send him to NDA to toughen him up a little bit.
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by bawomolo(m): 2:20am On Sep 22, 2009
nothing. that's his/her choice.

it would be an awkward moment though
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by Secretz(f): 9:33am On Sep 22, 2009
I would tell them 'It's nice to know your happy' grin
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by axeman85(m): 9:57am On Sep 22, 2009
I will take them for deliverance, and flog the evile spirit of gayness out of their life. smiley
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by bawomolo(m): 3:53pm On Sep 22, 2009
yeah the flogging definitely would work.

see how great those agberos in Naija turned out.
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by agathamari(f): 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2009
i would say ok, what would you like for dinner? why do people ge all up in arms about people being gay for anyway?
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by xxcarolxx(f): 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2009
As a parent if my child came in & told me he was gay, i would not turn my back on him. After all he is my flesh & blood, & like everyone else he deserves to be happy.
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by enchantedx(m): 1:05am On Jan 24, 2010
Being gay myself if I should have a child that turns out to be gay I would innitially be sad for them because I would know from my own experience that their would be people out there who are scared and who would judge them and be cruel to them without knowing anything about them. I would know some people will treat them badly irrespective of how good a person they are. But all the same I would love them with all my heart and soul and teach them to stand up for themselves when they need to and remember always that they are not alone.
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by Sissy3(f): 4:24am On Jan 24, 2010
agathamari:

i would say ok, what would you like for dinner? why do people ge all up in arms about people being gay for anyway?

easier said than done
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by coolier(f): 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2010
If he's gay he's gay, that's his life and who he is and wouldn't be an issue.

enchantedx:

Being gay myself if I should have a child that turns out to be gay
If? but you can't.
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by Fhemmmy: 12:22am On Jan 25, 2010
Pray wont happen.
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by enchantedx(m): 2:25am On Jan 25, 2010
@coolier: If? but you can't.

Actually yes I can. Though I call myself gay because my main preference is men I still sometimes find some women sexually attractive. Which I rarely act upon. Being gay is hard enough. The thing is a gay guy like myself could get together with a bi woman if we both want the same things. I'm sure a few couples are together with that understanding.

And even if I can't have children why did you assume that would get in the way of a good imagination? You may never be a Nobel prize winner but does that mean you cannot imagine being one?
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by coolier(f): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2010
enchantedx:

Actually yes I can.

No you can't. And there's no mid-way. It's either you're gay or straight. You cannot be gay and still find some women sexually attractive. And what if I may ask is hard about being gay? As you make your bed you lie on it. Good imaginations indeed! what is a dream if it cannot be fulfilled?
Re: What If Your Kid Says His/her Is Gay. by enchantedx(m): 2:55pm On Jan 25, 2010
^^^^^^^

Believe what you choose to believe, irrespective of the facts, we all do from time to time. We all fall into the trap of thinking we know that which we know nothing about.

Well I have learnt to find peace in my bed and within my own skin. I pray you find yours.

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Against My Family / What Happens After The White Wedding? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.