Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent (38607 Views)

Osun 2022 Election: PDP's Adeleke In Early Lead - Daily Independent / Jonathan Gives Conditions To Join APC - Daily Independent / Jubilation In DSS Formations Over Sack Of DG Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by FarahAideed: 10:30am On Aug 13, 2018
Flyingngel:
Buhari pls come and tell us the truth so that we will knw hw to use our pvc next year.

So with over 20 thousand dead and 15 million jobs lost you still don't know how to use your PVC
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Sleekfingers: 10:33am On Aug 13, 2018
klax:
Everybody is aware of that for sure. Buhari can never claimed he was not aware of Daura criminal activities I have said over and over Buhari is the worst president in Nigeria history a man filled with nepotism, double standard, hypocrite and over filled with vengeance. He can never learn he is a natural fulani man they are never remorse nor ready to change.

I knew Osibanjo will be in hot soup for sure because average fulani man would not sack his fellow fulani no matter what tankless his own blood relative I'm sure the cabals faces would look like someone that swallow whole green lemon right now and i can bet it buhari might bring Daura back.

Fake news. Why must some mofo like to generalize issues. Throwing allegations without evidence.

Everything they see online is true.
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Lomprico2: 10:36am On Aug 13, 2018
Corrinthians:
Daura is gradually becoming an adopted hero of PDP supporters.

Who says God is not wonderful? grin grin

How?
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Omeokachie: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2018
Buhari is working with Saraki to impeach Saraki. grin
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by budusky05(m): 10:47am On Aug 13, 2018
Moukandjo:

Baba, you dey mind those dunces who would wholeheartedly believe our current president is Jibrin from Sudan & not Buhari? Those IPIGs dence die! Them be wetin we dey call "gombe," the highest degree of mumu!
How will someone believe such a high profile sack will be done without Buhari's knowledge? These daft IPIGs actually think that Osinbajo is as bitter as they are towards the president and should be doing things without Buhari's knowledge! They don't know the guy is the most loyal VP ever! The same Osinbajo that was waiting for directives from Buhari in London before signing the budget is the one they now think will sack a whole Daura without Buhari's knowledge!
The IPIGs are truly the daftest set of things anywhere on earth!
On point
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by budusky05(m): 10:51am On Aug 13, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Can you see how foolish you sound? Osinbajo didnt appoint anybody as replacement. He only mandated Daura to handover to the most senior official in DSS Matthew Seiyefa

Just checked u up, same fools we are talking about on nairaland, checked all ya post sourceless, senseless, misleading, deceiving, and potrays the sense of pigs.

Have fun child
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by budusky05(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2018
austin2all:

Ewu Gambia.

IPOB pig.

E pain you?
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by parisha429: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2018
osinbanjo is the only president in Nigeria who acts seriously we need his type not pmb.

nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

President Muhammadu Buhari is said to be angry over last week’s sack of Lawal Daura, former Director-General, Department of State Services (DSS), by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.

Investigations by Daily Independent in Abuja at the weekend indicated that the president and those close to him were unhappy given the manner Daura was abruptly relieved of his job by Osinbajo.

Daura was fired following last Tuesday’s early morning invasion of the National Assembly by masked security operatives which prevented lawmakers and members of staff, including the Clerk of the National Assembly, Alhaji Mohammed Sani Omolori, from accessing their offices.

Although the masked security operatives claimed they acted based on “order from above”, reports indicated that Daura didn’t get the nod of Osinbajo, who is acting on behalf of President Buhari, to carry out the operation.

While dousing tension that the action by Osinbajo may not have received the blessings of President Buhari, who is currently in the United Kingdom (UK) on vacation, Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, said the presidency was one, adding that there was no way such a decision would have been taken without an accord between Osinbajo and his boss.

However, a presidency source who spoke with Daily Independent said President Buhari and his men were not happy over the manner Daura, a close ally of the president, was unceremoniously booted out of office.

He, however, said President Buhari would not likely reverse the decision upon his return, saying, “Doing so may lead to widespread condemnations in Nigeria and the international community.”

He continued: “I can tell you authoritatively that President Buhari was not in the know before Daura was fired.

“Given Buhari’s style, he wouldn’t have fired him immediately like the Acting President did".

"I believe the Acting President, a very tough and disciplined man, has had enough of the insults from the cabals and decided to put his foot on the ground by using Daura as a scapegoat.

“Prior to this, many of these powerful cabals believed they were only answerable to President Buhari who appointed them.

“If you remember, during the last medical vacation by President Buhari, some of these people bypassed the Acting President and took sensitive documents to the president in the UK but he sent them back to Nigeria, telling them to report to Osinbajo whom he had delegated authority to.

“I believe, with the development, other powerful appointees who had hitherto taken Osinbajo for granted will now sit up and know they can lose their jobs before President Buhari’s return and any action taken by the Acting President may likely not be reversed, especially if it is in national interest and is applauded by majority of Nigerians and the international community".

“I understand the Acting President also decided to fire Daura to exonerate himself and prove to Nigerians that he knew nothing about the invasion.

“I think the DSS was trying to rope him in when they said they barricaded the National Assembly after ‘order from above’.

“When people hear the word ‘order from above’, the impression they always have is that the order is from the president.

“Yet, Osinbajo as the Acting President, knew nothing about the invasion. I think they knew that if they briefed him, he won’t approve it.”

Also speaking to Daily Independent, another credible source said: “If you look at the statement by Femi Adesina, he never categorically said President Buhari endorsed the sack.

“He only said the Acting President has the full powers of a president which he exercised. There is nowhere Adesina said President Buhari was briefed and he gave his nod for Daura’s dismissal. There are still some issues there which remain unresolved.

“From what we know, the Acting President takes full responsibility for the actions and he is ready to damn the consequences.

“If you know him, he is a very contented man and he is more of a technocrat than a politician. If you remember in May this year, he said he was ready to resign.

“Remember what he said in Benue. He said: ‘My Lord Bishop, you said you are not a politician, I am also not a politician. As a matter of fact, I’m also a priest and I’m a Christian, a born-again Christian. Because I’m a born again Christian, my destiny is not determined by any man but by God who I serve. Let me assure you that under no circumstances, none whatsoever, will I give up my faith or refuse to stand up for my faith. You can take that to the bank. Even the position that I currently occupy, I did not ask for it and I’m prepared to leave it at a short notice’.

“So that is Osinbajo for you. The president, including his loyalists, are not happy about the decision but the deed has been done.”

In its reaction, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said it was not surprised that President Buhari was unhappy over the development.

Kola Ologbondiyan, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, said even if the president had decided to punish Daura, it won’t be as fast and drastic as done by Osinbajo.

“We are not surprised because even if President Buhari decides to punish the sacked DSS boss, it would not have been swift and drastic as done by the Acting President.”

https://independent.ng/disquiet-in-presidency-over-sack-of-daura/amp/
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by madridsta007(m): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2018
aolawale025:
As expected. If the NASS incident had happened with buhari around. Nothing would have happened

A man that hasn’t done anything to Kemi Artful Forger Adeosun— a forgery so blatant— will do nothing to Daura, a member of his inner circle and ruling cabal.

The sack was ultimately Osinbajo’s decision.
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by justmi1: 11:30am On Aug 13, 2018
Ioannes:
If I were Osinbajo I'd quickly relieve all the members of Buhari's kitchen cabinet aka cabal of their duties and have them arrested too. Have them seriously framed for treasonable felony like coup plotting and make sure the press and the entire world gets to know.
This suggestion it self, though may sound sensible, is a treasonable offense, so be ready to face the law.
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Kennydoc(m): 11:49am On Aug 13, 2018
Corrinthians:
Daura is gradually becoming an adopted hero of PDP supporters.

Who says God is not wonderful? grin grin

You should be ashamed of yourself for once. Are you even sane at all? Hero of PDP for being used by APC to topple the leadership of NASS?
Is Saraki no longer the one that instigated the NASS crisis?
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Ragamuphy: 11:54am On Aug 13, 2018
What kind of nonsense country are we in?How can an acting president take an action in the interest of Nigeria democracy and Nigeria as a nation, Some idiots who call themselves cabals decides to be angry with the VP. I hope Buhari will use his head this time around.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Bizibi(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
I knew the acting president didn't know about the plan.....
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2018
justmi1:
This suggestion it self, though may sound sensible, is a treasonable offense, so be ready to face the law.

Nope. It's not treasonable. There are ample evidence that the President's kitchen cabinet has been cooking mysterious and unpalatable food for the nation. The VP will just be doing the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by godliman: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2018
Corrinthians:
Daura is gradually becoming you people's hero. Isn't God wonderful? grin
pls dont drag God's name into your filthy remarks
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ikpongiton:
is that the attribute of good leader?

Oh absolutely. I know if I'm the VP I won't just sit there like a lame duck and wait for the cabal to off me or wait for the president to come back and be fed the idea of offing me.

President Buhari has shown on numerous occasions that he's more concerned with running a regional government than a national one.

Osinbajo is a Yoruba man in the midst of ravenous Fulani wolves. He should be as cunning as a serpent otherwise...

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2018
Boyooosa:

Your text/advice has bn fwded to which we pray that he yields to. We promise to also fwd ur subsequent hypocritical comment to him which state that he is a back stabber just like his ancestor, baba awolowo.
Hypocrites everywhere!

See this one. Your sphere of relevance ends once the megabytes on your phone finish and you aren't able to access Nairaland for another month or so.

Keep forwarding everywhere, don't go and read your books o. See exam in front of you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Ganbite: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2018
i also believe that Osibanjo did not get approval of his boss before making the awesome decision. as for me i give him kudos because the decision is for national interest.

Buhari go back to Daura with Daura and don't even try to reverse the sack else calamity upon calamity will befall our great nation call Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by KingRagnar: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2018
Osinbajo could have acted based on his own judgement, Osinbajo reflects the decision of PMB, so I honestly doubt the validity of this news. Much to the pleasure of PDP elites is this news but i know Osinbajo acted according to instruction from avove
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Atejila1: 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2018
The rumors that is on air now that PMB is not happy with the decision of the Acting president concerning the sack of DSS boss is not true, the President is very much aware and was in total support of that. The president have every confident in his vice that is why he left the affairs of the nation in his capable hands, and for the record this is not the first time he is allowing him to make or take decision on his behave. The case of the DSS boss is a matter of national security and that measure was the best option and step to take by the acting President at that time if not our democracy would have be threaten. In a nut shall the President his vice are working together as a term. So there is no cabals nor the president or any body been angry over the step taken by the acting president, it is in the best interest of this Nigerians and the rule of law.
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2018
TOPCRUISE:

Lol. And you will leave Buhari alone. You for kuku go arrest am now and then become Mr President

Arrest who?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2018
Sterope:
You are not Osibanjo. You will end up shooting yourself in the head (not the foot).

No I'm not Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
buchilino:

I DON'T THINK U UNDERSTAND WAT U JUST SAID. DER IS NO DEMOCRACY N RULE OF LAW AT ASO ROCK.

I know what I said. There's no democracy or rule of law in Nigeria otherwise people like Saraki and Dino won't be ruling us.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Charly68: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
May they never be happy forever..useless bigots
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by DeOTR: 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2018
Mosesm:

Out of retirement? Are you that ignorant and being mischievous? GEJ PDP appointed him into the deputy of DSS
Stop disgracing yourself. The man retired in 2013.
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by buchilino(m): 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ioannes:

I know what I said. There's no democracy or rule of law in Nigeria otherwise people like Saraki and Dino won't be ruling us.

SARAKI N DINO R NOT D PROBLEM. DER R PPLE BEHIND THE SCENES DAT U N I DON'T KNOW.
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2018
buchilino:

SARAKI N DINO R NOT D PROBLEM. DER R PPLE BEHIND THE SCENES DAT U N I DON'T KNOW.

Oh really? Like who and who?
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by buchilino(m): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ioannes:

Oh really? Like who and who?
AM A FEDERAL WORKER, SO I NO WAT AM TELLING YOU.
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by lexy2014: 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2018
exporters101:
God bless Aisha Buhari, a woman with integrity. A woman that has the goodwill of Nigeria at heart.

She cried out, she told us about this same cabal that's running the country and even most appointment came from that circle. Of course she's just a woman and if the husband can't listen to her because the situation is beyond Buhari, who else would.

Well, now it seems Buhari is coming out of the northern elite shell he has been controlled and caged for long.
really? Pls let me ask, these so called cabal, how did they get close to buhari or have access to him? Who appointed them into d positions they now occupy?
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by lexy2014: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ioannes:

saraki and dino were elected just like every other politician. Are saraki&dino d reason y there's no rule of law in Nigeria?
Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by Almoner1: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
I don't know what is wrong with some of these sponsored news papers. For God sake, Presidency is one. Just like Femi Adesina said, the decision of the AgP Osinbajo to sack Daura was in good faith and with the consent of the President

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Cabals Unhappy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura - Daily Independent by lexy2014: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ioannes:

Oh absolutely. I know if I'm the VP I won't just sit there like a lame duck and wait for the cabal to off me or wait for the president to come back and be fed the idea of offing me.

President Buhari has shown on numerous occasions that he's more concerned with running a regional government than a national one.

Osinbajo is a Yoruba man in the midst of ravenous Fulani wolves. He should be as cunning as a serpent otherwise...
pls who are these cabal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trumps White House Will Consider PDP Youth Leaders Petition - US Embassy / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall / Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.