Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,567 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

My Life As A Teacher. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Life As A Teacher. (20729 Views)

What's Your Experience Like Being A Teacher / My Encounter With A Teacher Turned Bricklayer / As A Teacher, What's Your Workload And Pay Range? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by BiafranBushBoy: 10:59am On Aug 13, 2018
Olatara:
You always sound pained, and talk like a raff. Did anyone offend you?

I am actually an asshole! You should know that
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2018
makydebbie:
Please feel free. kiss
does the pay worth it in Ghana? Cos it doesn't here in Nigeria.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by BiafranBushBoy: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2018
RB007:

Rich & lazy kwa? Bush make me rich n.a. sad

oya, let's visit Benin republic

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by emperor94(m): 11:02am On Aug 13, 2018
makydebbie:
I used to be a teacher until three weeks ago. My life as a teacher has been an amazing journey of self rediscovery and empowerment. It was also part of the key stages of my personal development and life goals growth. I didn't only teach, but I learnt as well.

While teaching my kids, I was also learning with them and from them. Yes, I did learn from them because one thing I discovered even deeper in my teaching job is how kids, being so young and so innocent at heart combined with their sweet natural unsuppressed, imaginative curious minds, can view things in ways most adults would ever not. Being around them rekindled an originally strong imaginative light and a beautiful sense of deeply natural observation that is always present in all of us as children but which we tend to outgrow and leave dormant when we grow older into our older teens, twenties and forties. Most adults today have lost their childlike wonder and innocent sense of belief that dreams can come through. Being around my kids as a teacher strongly reminded me of what exactly it is like to just believe and bask in the wonder of how truly beautiful the world around us is despite all its chaos and madness.

During my time as a teacher, I took the role of guardian for my kids, training and nurturing them to walk in the right path with regards to making their dreams a reality, supporting them along the way and telling them that they should never lose faith in the beauty of their dreams inspite of what the world tries to project as negative and impossible. I let them know that their million dreams can inspire them into worlds undiscovered and realms yet unknown.

Now, I wouldn't even lie to you or sugarcoat words. Sometimes, teaching can be the best job in the world and sometimes it's the worst job ever. Teaching is so very incredibly demanding. sad

I love my kids and I'll always remember them. From my very inquisitive Alberta, to video vixen Emmanuella and my peaceful Doris. I love them all. They are awesome!

Anyone can teach but to teach well and care for the people you’re teaching, you’ve got to be really determined and committed. smiley

Teaching helped reshape key aspects of my life. I've learnt to be tolerant and accepting of most people, and that most people can benefit and learn when offered help and given the chance to try and make a difference. I also learnt perseverance. Teaching is like a religion, it changes your perception of life, mentally, psychologically and changes your view in general issues concerning our day to day activities as we learn everyday.

I enjoyed my work. Not that every day was uniformly pleasant, but on the whole, it was life changing. It boosted my confidence and made me very creative and much more actively imaginative. I had to be super imaginative and very creative in my teaching job. I had to develop my own style of teaching that would make me comfortable in my role as a teacher, and would make the children comfortable in their roles also as my students.

Though, I would say teaching is for those who enjoy being challenged and enjoy the company of children. Sometimes I can't help but feel when they leave their houses in the morning, their only intention is to frustrate my life rather than learn before closing. Lol. grin

I strongly recommend teaching for curious, intellectual, patient and creative people. You would learn loads and it'll make your experience as a teacher worthwhile. Because, Children can be great companions. I have had some engaging conversations and I'm always awed at the extent of where these little innocent minds wanders to. The sheer limitlessness of their thinking and imaginations blew me away oftentimes.

I like to listen to them and I always remind them that their voice matters, as great leaders of tomorrow. I love children, I love teaching. But in life, we've to move on when the time comes.

*Feeling nostalgic.* embarassed

I could not agree with you more. Teaching somehow has made me a better person just doing it for one year. I wonder why u left doing that anyway, well, apart from the fact the financial reward is not gratifying.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by mrphysics(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2018
If teaching and lecturing are the same, then I would love to lecture.

Nice thread, nice content.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 13, 2018
izzou:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin How did you know my intention? grin
No need to attach it. You already pleaded wink
But I'll keep stalking you lipsrsealed
grin grin You once tried to paste that tag on me ,remember?

I won't fall, I promise cool . How are you today?
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2018
pocohantas:

LOL! Funny drawing.

Thanks for ignoring that element that calls himself Biafranbushboy. The stupidity that should have been shared round the world, he grabbed it for himself and ran off. E weak me o!
Sis.
I was thinking that guy has been 'blessed' with the stupidity of a community. It's very serious then, he ran off with the world's share.
He'll be ignored till he doubts his existence. I kuku no have time for trolls.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 11:07am On Aug 13, 2018
kenex4ever:
do you have a first degree already?
Not at all.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2018
joey150:

Ohhh nice.

Any possibility that you'll ever return back to teaching in the future?
If life gives me the chance again. smiley
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by neezar: 11:08am On Aug 13, 2018
Makydebbie kudos 2 u mhen....Where's my Aderola

Biafranbushboy baba this ain't necessary, Not everyone can be so opportuned like u na
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 11:09am On Aug 13, 2018
IamPlato:

I Did Teaching For 2years And Ran Away because I Hated being Used And Paid Peanut...
I Dont even Have The Patience for Children but I Was A Good Teacher And Loved By My Students because My Style Of Teaching Was Unique...

By The Way, you Didnt Talk About How You Lashed their Ass Angrily or Give One Particular Student Knock over And Over undecided
That's cool.

Nah, I only give punishments. I no like trouble. grin
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 11:10am On Aug 13, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
does the pay worth it in Ghana? Cos it doesn't here in Nigeria.
Mine was okay tbh. Not that great but it was sufficient. It depends on the school and your degree.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by TheLoser: 11:10am On Aug 13, 2018
oshe11:
I don't understand why this post made FP
Lol Wym?
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2018
emperor94:

I could not agree with you more. Teaching somehow has made me a better person just doing it for one year. I wonder why u left doing that anyway, well, apart from the fact the financial reward is not gratifying.
Yes teaching really changed my person.

I'll be going to back to school that's why I stopped.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 11:12am On Aug 13, 2018
MariaLavina:
I love teachers. I love them so much especially the devoted ones who are after positive impacts in the lives of their students. The ones who care truly and make sacrifices for the all round growth (psychological mental and intellectual) of their kids. May God bless them.

Op, every professions have an effect on their practitioners, I'm glad yours was a positive one and I'm also happy you took a break from it for greater heights. May your dreams come through. smiley
Amen. Thanks dear. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by highqueen(f): 11:13am On Aug 13, 2018
makydebbie:
Lemme share one of their drawings of me. grin
woow!!embarassed
this actually made me cry.
they are really lovely.

I wish you goodluck in your Endeavour.winkkiss
shine sister,shine.smiley
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by tunjex2006(m): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2018
Though teaching is a good profession but what of agony of private school teachers? Some private schools in Nigeria are great exploiters of potentials. You are being given token as your salary and they will make sure they use you thoroughly until you are useless to yourself. They will also use your time and if one is not careful, one will end up achieving nothing with them because they believe they are paying you for food and transportation though not all are callous but 98% of them have no intuition.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by emperor94(m): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2018
makydebbie:
Yes teaching really changed my person.

I'll be going to back to school that's why I stopped.
OK I see. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. I believe teachers deserve the best rewards in this life.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by vizkiz: 11:16am On Aug 13, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
lol

Fvcking teacher!!!

That is the reason why a majority of you lots are humble...

I understand the frustration of being a teacher and how life is difficult for you guys...

You are a lady, so your major hope is getting married to a rich man... Goodluck to you i.e if you can find one!

You can even get married to zicoraads your fellow teacher! cheesy

Bullshit!

This man sef grin
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2018
neezar:
Makydebbie kudos 2 u mhen....Where's my Aderola

Biafranbushboy baba this ain't necessary, Not everyone can be so opportuned like u na
Thanks dear, Rola is fine, I'll send your greetings.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 11:19am On Aug 13, 2018
highqueen:

woow!!embarassed
this actually made me cry.
they are really lovely.

I wish you goodluck in your Endeavour.winkkiss
shine sister,shine.smiley
Awwwn my kids are amazing. embarassed
They just came to my table and gave me the drawing.

Thanks dear, ama keep shining. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by makydebbie(f): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2018
emperor94:

OK I see. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. I believe teachers deserve the best rewards in this life.
Thanks dear, amen.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by kay29000(m): 11:21am On Aug 13, 2018
babyoy:

Hi,are u that good in geography
I was. The last time I taught was in 2014.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:22am On Aug 13, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
lol

Fvcking teacher!!!

I understand the frustration of being a teacher and how life is difficult for you guys...

You are a lady, so your major hope is getting married to a rich man... Goodluck to you i.e if you can find one!

Bullshit!

You can sound like this? Very disappointing.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by LionInZion: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2018
flyca:
I work full-time and teach part-time.
Teaching ignites me! Anytime I'm in class, I feel rejuvenated. I especially love it when they ask questions because it shows me they are interested and willing to learn.

Annie has the calmest voice that penetrates and humbles me.
Lucy is super-smart.
Helen is ever-smiling
Evan is very playful but coincendentally the first to catch "the idea". Lol
Hardy always has stories about his grandma. Hehe

I love you guys so much and I always look forward to our next meeting.

OP please permit me to spread my classroom joy in pics on your thread kiss

Lovely Pictures.

Please, if I may ask, how do you combine working full-time and teaching part-time? Thanks
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:27am On Aug 13, 2018
zicoraads:
Makydebbie, wonder why you left though. Was it just a part time thing for you?!

I'm reading comments on this thread and seeing that a lot of people are still very ignorant about today's teacher and how much or well they are catered for. There is a massive and total shift from what was. Only thing is, you must be very good at what you do.

A lot of schools now pay over 80k and some even start with 100k, in addition to all the travelling courses and other allowances.

Teaching has gone beyond the four walls of the school. We have taken it to the level of what other major countries are at.

Debbie, I will do this too. But with lots of pictures. I'll tag you to it when I do.

Tag me, too. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by 1stNumeroUno: 11:32am On Aug 13, 2018
Great thread....
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Kazrem(m): 11:34am On Aug 13, 2018
makydebbie:

You've a point. Teaching is underrated in this part of the world.
God will take control. grin

Take control. Don't leave everything to God.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by vicben27(m): 11:35am On Aug 13, 2018
Nice piece, This reminds me of my Nysc days: l was posted to a remote village in Zamfara state. thought six classes it was both fun and demanding teaching kids who have little/ no understanding of English, l was fluent in Hausa and that gave me an edge. those northern kids would eat egg during breakfast and "fart" very smelly in class while I was teaching.lol it was fun been able to impact on another human positively. thumb's Up to all the teachers, who put in effort to make the world a better place.

4 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by bukiah: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
lol

Fvcking teacher!!!

Bullshit!
JWho is this idiot?

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by izzou(m): 11:37am On Aug 13, 2018
MariaLavina:
grin grin
You once tried to paste that tag on me ,remember?

I won't fall, I promise cool . How are you today?

Been good. It's Monday. angry
Also remember my plea to enroll in your weekend savagery classes cool

See you around Maria. smiley
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 13, 2018
izzou:

Been good. It's Monday. angry
Also remember my plea to enroll in your weekend savagery classes cool

See you around Maria. smiley
Don't hate on Monday you lazy ass grin grin

Weekend savagery class? Funny you. Bye funny izzou cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Sacks 280 Long-serving Workers, Others / My Salary Not Enough For My Transport Fare - Nigerian Soldier Cries Out (Video) / Plateau Government Traces 1,832 Ghost Teachers To One Individual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.