Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. (29395 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Begins Patching And Rehabilitation Of Bad Roads In Lagos / What I Will Do If I Become President – Makarfi / Kaduna LGA Election: PDP Release Video Evidence Of Result In Makarfi Ward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
SENATOR Ahmed Makarfi, presidential aspirant under the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, yesterday said he had a horrible experience plying the roads in the South-East region.

Makarfi spoke in Owerri, during his visit at the Imo State PDP secretariat. While narrating his experience, he said travelling to Owerri by road had justified his decision that 90 percent of his campaign would be on road projects.

Makarfi said: “As I was coming from Enugu to Owerri, the roads are bad. It is shocking. That is why I said 90 per cent of my campaign will be on road projects. “Some people asked me to come by air and I said no, why should I do that ?   I want to feel the experience of our people and know their pains in view of solving them.”

According to Makarfi, “We must know what the electorate want. PDP   is very democratic and it is a party that believes in dialogue. We could not have succeeded in the PDP  national convention if many of you did not subscribe to dialogue.

“In 2007, I could have become the president if not for what happened. Then, I did not run away; I contributed my quota. As PDP members, we must believe in the party even when we lose. We must believe that God gives power. If you see me leaving PDP, then I am leaving politics.

“The policy of PDP is restructuring of Nigeria. PDP will bring Nigeria together on how to restructure Nigeria fairly. If you are a member of PDP and you don’t believe in restructuring, you  should leave the party.” While on restructuring, he said: “We should also look at institutional restructuring. If we have institutional restructuring, what happened in the National Assembly wouldn’t have happened. I support state police but we must do it in such a way that it does not serve only political leaders.”

Speaking also, a former governor of Imo State, Chief Achike Udenwa, said: “I don’t know if anybody knows Makarfi   more than me because we were colleagues as governors for 8 years. “During his time as governor of Kadunna state, there was nothing like Christians and Muslims. He abolished it through his policies and Christains and Musilims were the same and lived peacefully.”

How I’ll restructure Nigeria—

Makarfi While on a visit to Ebonyi State to consult with party members on his presidential ambition, Senator Ahmed Makarfi asked Nigerians not to judge all those justling to rule the country in 2019 by their looks alone as such could be deceitful.

Reacting to the allegations that he was too gentle to lead Nigeria, Makarfi said,” People said I was too gentle to defeat Modu Sheriff during the struggle to reposition PDP but what happened?

“Don’t be mistaken by looks. It is the action. In Kaduna State, people saw my actions. People said I was too gentle to handle the Kaduna Mafia but what happened? Those who will mistake me to be weak will be shocked but Nigerians will be happy.

” Makarfi said that having chaired the technical committee that set the agenda for the National Conference under President Obasanjo, restructuring Nigeria now would “be incorporating whatever Nigerians resolved and bringing in people that will dust my committee’s report, removing what is obsolete and bringing in what is new.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/makarfi-weeps-over-bad-roads-in-s-east/

1 Like

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
Who else noticed DAT the APC blame game have changed from GEJ to Saraki

268 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Bethel4Life(f): 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
We can't be decievd again sir
carry ur presidency go

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Bethel4Life(f): 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
i notice am o

latest now is Lawal Duara

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by fablani(m): 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
campaign brain wash. na dem dem. we simply want restructuring.

13 Likes

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by TimFisher2: 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
undecided

Story!

Na so they dey talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by TimFisher2: 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
undecided

I'm seeing this man as another Buhari

This man might be worst than Buhari

Religious fanatics!

i don't know why,i don't like him

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 13, 2018
I dont think 90% on roads would be fair to other aspects of life.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

Saraki has been declared a keyword just like Atiku use to be in their insanity here..

Its amazing how they tried to bring pdp into the dss saga but the truth is finally coming out, as the dailies are of the opinion the president is not happy with osibanjo on daura's sack.

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Corrinthians(m): 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
After SIXTEEN YEARS of diligent followership, PDP can't even boast of common roads in the East. This is an indictment on PDP if I must say.

Jonathan be like...

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by uwa1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2018
BIAFRONIGERIAN:

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by 7lives: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2018
Corrinthians:
After SIXTEEN YEARS of diligent followership, PDP can't even boast of common roads in the East. This is an indictment on PDP if I must say.

Jonathan be like...

Omo this one na STRONG one o, cry ko, wept ni.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by RevenGeMission: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2018
Crocodile tears, he weeped just the way LiePobians and Biafraudenese wail for than northerners when there is a bomb or invasion

It's literally dangling carrot of emotions in their face

So now who are the sophiscated Mowrons ??

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Butterflyle0: 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
Corrinthians:

Jonathan be like...

My brother PDP has been in charge of SE for 16 years and no single improvement grin

Now this madkafi wants to make it look like its not PDPs fault.

Reminds me of a quote I read a few days ago about PDP and Lagos and I quote

" I was wondering why Lagos is so developed and still growing in beauty and innovation and then it struck me that PDP has NEVER governed Lagos".

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by freeze001(f): 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2018
What exactly does he mean by institutional restructuring? Anything that retains this Abuja begging system of central collection and distribution of funds to states every month is no restructuring. These politicians need to come out clean on their policies...

12 Likes

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
What a PITY!

1 Like

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by jegz25(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
After 16yrs of PDP rule and last administration who happens to be their hero... grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by queenbetsy(f): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
Save your tears man! grin

We aren't voting for you! tongue

4 Likes

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by hisexcellency34: 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
Buhari keep deceiving Ndigbo that he has fixed all their roads and they gullibly believe him

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by HoodBillionaire: 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
abegi
commit suicide thr ans we will accept your tears
bastard

3 Likes

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Ijaya123: 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
Clown.

He was in the same PDP that ruled for 16 years with nothing to show for it.

Bunch of rouges.

19 Likes

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by maestroferddi: 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
Buhari wants to get votes in Igboland.
Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by RuthlessLeader(m): 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2018
PDP that couldn't do anything useful for over 20 years.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
Tonye con and see ur man. Wey no get charisma

2 Likes

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by exporters101: 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
Is he just aware after defection. Clowns grin

1 Like

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by sotall(m): 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ok
Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Lozano: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
Political drama grin na today be the first time weh e dey visit south east?

8 Likes

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by teniboss(m): 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
Makarfi should hide his dirty stinking teeth...after 16yrs of continues looting, they are tryna get back at it again...

10 Likes

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by Yandarima(m): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2018
angry
Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by aguiyi2: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2018
Mr Man,stuff that your weeping down your dark hole, election time has come and all their nonsense don start.

4 Likes

Re: Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east. by HypocriticalMod: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2018
See this one grin
because of election
Have weep finish for the boko haram north
Hahahahahahahahahaha.. these politicians are hilarious. grin
Elect them now they will even destroy the area more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Keep Vigil At Fuel Station (Photos) / Aisha Yesufu Forced To Resign As BBOG Convener Over Call For Buhari Resignation / 2023 Is Atiku’s Last Chance – White Witches And Wizards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.