Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend (18879 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / Update On Gombe Muslim Students That Murdered A Female Christian Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by kcee2: 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2007
Thank u very much precius for your coment.

to the victim may her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen
and i believe that God will deliver us in Jesus name Amen. smiley
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by drlawng(m): 8:12pm On Apr 04, 2007
@Seun

Why would you delete my post? That is very pathetic and childish. I was prevoiusly registered as "mrlawng" and you changed my name to "MrBean" suspended the account. I have finally had it. You can shove Nairaland up you pathetic behind. You dont have to worry about me signing on or ever posting again. I am not even sure you will let this stay.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Coleslove: 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2007
Said it before, Religion (Man-made) is bullshit. Why? Just because of what a man has designed and called God's property? Can someone tell me at what time God came down to write or endorse these religion men claim to have. Its so crazy.

Condolence to My Nairalander Sis.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Rhea(f): 10:20am On Apr 05, 2007
It is a pity that violence rooted in religious fanatism has once again claimed the precious life of yet another innocent person.

The fact still remains though that:
1. Quran, Bible, Grail etc are spiritual texts written/printed on paper.
2. The content of these texts remain meaningless until they are appropriately inscribed in the hearts and mind of the people that believe in them.

It is ironic to note though that:
1. Human beings are dropped and burnt to death for dropping a book.
2. A book, just like toilet paper (for wiping your bumbum amongst other things) is made of paper.

Condolences to those affected by this tragedy.
Shame to those who dare to look on and do/say nothing.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by folem: 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2007
If Moses (Christians) or Musa (Islam) can destroy the 10 commandments written by God himself/herself and nothing happened to him, then why are some people ready to fight "God's fight" because somebody threw down a Koran that was being used to cheat in  an examination.

Behind all the religious crises in Nigeria are the real issues of Politics and Poverty.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by simmy(m): 2:34pm On Apr 05, 2007
I think 'liberal muslims' insult our intelligence when they ascribe these atrocious doings to a small sect of illiterate fundamentalists. Are there no fundamentalist xtians?, y dont they go aroud killing people!!! The truth is Islam condones violence, lets call a spade a spade!
If Islamists want us non-muslims to believe that islam is peaceful, then strong actions should be taken by them to stem the unbridled violence that is meted out non-muyslims.

Personally i think muslims are just intimidated by the inconsistencies in their theology.
Has any1 seen southpark The xtian God and Jesus Xrist are blaphemed against everyday! evn here in Nairaland by all sorts of people. Nobody getys hurt, nobody gets killed

At the best, muslims should explain to us y their religion breeds such violent tendencies in their fundamentalists
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2007
@ Simmy,

You have spoken my mind and the minds of all other likeminded individuals here. Unfortunately do not expect your muslim friends to answer your straightforward question. It seems merely questioniing the theology of the quran is equal to "attacking" islam.
It is intriguing that very few muslims, even the so called liberals, have weighed in on this critical issue. Those who have tried came here merely to "condemn" and give excuses.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by sweetchick(f): 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2007
Abstarr, Beccia and Group.
You all seem to be logical human beings. However what I would like is for you and all others like you to come out and categorically say that these killings are wrong; that people have a right to choose their own religion and tell us what yoy are doing to curb it. Coming on this thread to extend your sympathies to those affected is ineffectual. It does no one no good but rather adds salt to an already gaping wound because we all know it will happen again to some lucky person tomorrow, And when it does more muslims will call out to extend their sympathies. Furthermore violence will only beget more violence in future
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by belloti(m): 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2007
No True muslim can agree to what happenned in gombe, its totally unacceptable but if the likes of simmy and david already labelled all muslims as fanatical then dont expect us here to come out with the anticipated soothing denials. we are muslims and we shall always be Insha Allah regardless of what some mischievious and reckless christians feel about it. Islam is peace. The Lady that got killed in gombe is a terrible crime by the school kids and the circustances around it. We blame the school authority for assigningt her to invigilate an islamic exams and all those who perpetrated the heinous crime. My condolences to her family and friends.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by jeshua(m): 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2007
abstarr:

For the record, Islam's main objective is not to kill and maime people. All we want to do is worship God. And oh, yes, all armed robbers are violent! That is not a valid comparison because robbers leave the house wit the sole purpose of causin harm.

For the record, I'm not a "moderate Muslim". I actually consider the term derogatory. What your insinuating is that the muslims that don't commit acts of violence are "moderate" and those who do are the "real muslims". Its the same thing like a british man condemning his govt for goin to war in Iraq. Does that mean he has the sole responsibility of carrying his grieviances to No.10 Downing street to Mr Blair? Mind you, even with the near total condemnation of the war by the british people, they still were not able to stop the actions of their govt. Now does that mean british people as a whole support the war? Or wait, oops sorry i 4got, those would be termed "moderate british people". the "real" ones are the ones that made the war possible!!

I'm not going to reply on this thread anymore because your language is so strong, its clear that your mind is made and i can't hav any sort of intelligent conversation with you. Have a good day @david,

That is the way it is. I have lived in the north and I know what kind of life non-christians are subjected to daily. My uncle was killed, another relative escaped barely with his life and that of his children.
EVERYTHING THAT THEY IS ABSOLUTELY WHAT ISLAM TEACHES. Politics is what makes us say some are fanatical and others not, all they need is the ground to kill. I am in the UK and even the whites here fear them becos they do not attach any santity to life.
we cant fight back, it is not what the Bible teaches but we can definitely defend our selves with everything and all that we have. that is self defence, it is not murder.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by sweetchick(f): 4:47pm On Apr 05, 2007
Belloti,
You say Islam is peace. With peaceful muslims like those in Gombe and those who carried out 9/11, who needs war?
You mean when the lady was told to invigilate the exam, she should have refused on the grounds that she was a muslim. Poor her! How could she have known? Please, endeavour to pass the message to all other christian teachers living amongst muslims. THEIR LIVES ARE DEFINITELY AT RISK
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by sweetchick(f): 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2007
Sorry, I meant if the lady was a christian.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 05, 2007
belloti:

Islam is peace. The Lady that got killed in gombe is a terrible crime by the school kids and the circustances around it. We blame the school authority for assigningt her to invigilate an islamic exams and all those who perpetrated the heinous crime. My condolences to her family and friends.

Again we are back to circular reasoning. Islam is "peace". Based on what? Are we supposed to believe such based simply on words of mouth or on the mounting weight of evidence that islam indeed is violent?

Again, the blame game! Now the school is at fault for telling a teacher to invigilate a subject? Is it now a crime for christian teachers to invigilate Islamic religious knowledge exams?

Keep your condolences, they add insult to injury when you attempt to shield killers from the full weight of the law and decieve us with the "islam is peace" mantra!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2007
I said,all you need to do is patiently listen and read between the lines,somewhere their ultimate belief is that this woman caused her own death.
No wonder no one has been bold enough to tell us what the Koran says about desecration.

bellotti was bold enough to tell us after much pressure that Islam sanctions the killing of Christian cnverts from Islam,hopefully he may be bold enough to tell us that the Koran sanctions the killing of Koran desecrators which would bring us to yet another,what is desecration?.

[b]I earnestly hate Islam and all it represents when it comes to treatment of non Muslims.[/b]I could care less how and what it teaches them on peace,but a religion that calls others apes and pigs and sanctions their killing ,blaming them for causing themselves to be killed is evil and ought to be resisted.
Our fellow Christians in the north have definitely run out of cheeks and ought to defend themselves against these animals.
It is very annoying to know that all that a Christian needs to get killed is to be labelled a koran desecrator and you are tortured to death.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2007
@ the one,I hope you can see that these earlier apologies mean absolutely nothing.
Had the woman refused to invigilate an Islamic knowlede exam,who knows,it may have been interpreted to mean that she saw Islam as inferior,beyond her invigilation,she most likely would have lost her job and probably eventually killed when the news breaks out she dissed Islam of all things.

That is all speculation,the woman is now dead,killed because she touched a koran.
The woman was in a no win situation,she did not deserve to be sacrificed at the altar of allah.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by TheOne2(m): 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2007
Why are people thinking BECCIA is a muslim. Go back and read his posts, it doesn't portray him to be one.

Just thought to make the correction.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by TheOne2(m): 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2007
Quote by Belloti

No True muslim can agree to what happenned in gombe, its totally unacceptable but if the likes of simmy and david already labelled all muslims as fanatical then don't expect us here to come out with the anticipated soothing denials. we are muslims and we shall always be Insha Allah regardless of what some mischievious and reckless christians feel about it. Islam is peace. The Lady that got killed in gombe is a terrible crime by the school kids and the circustances around it. We blame the school authority for assigningt her to invigilate an islamic exams and all those who perpetrated the heinous crime. My condolences to her family and friends.

Belloti,

I demand that you withdraw the part of your statement highlighted in bold font. It is an insult to every civilized human being out there and you really stirred a deep anger within me but I will refrain from pouring any invectives on you. Kindly withdraw that statement.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 05, 2007
Why I still insist Islam is evil and cannot be reformed,see what a 3 year old already knows.
At three she already knows who her enemies are.
she did not learn this in the womb.
Christ however asks children to love all people.
This is unbelievable,please watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n0SMDSnqRk
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 05, 2007
That clip ends by saying,"we must educate them while they are still children",the seed of hatred is sown in childhood.These children who killed that innocent teacher are only victims of indoctrinated hatred and intolerance.
The message of Islam must change if we want to see any changes.
Their teachings turn men into hatemongers and the soceity has suffered the brunt of it.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2007
MKO Abiola was once known to have thrown a shipload of bibles bound for Nigeria into the sea yet he still won elections in the predominantly christian south, ran successful airline and newspaper businesses in the south before the northern hordes of islam cancelled free and fair elections and murdered him.

Can these muslim appologists boldly tell us what would have happened to MKO if that shipload had been Qurans?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2007
davidylan:

MKO Abiola was once known to have thrown a shipload of bibles bound for Nigeria into the sea yet he still won elections in the predominantly christian south, ran successful airline and newspaper businesses in the south before the northern hordes of islam cancelled free and fair elections and murdered him.

Can these muslim appologists boldly tell us what would have happened to MKO if that shipload had been Qurans?

well they would have slashed kudirat Abiola's throat rather than shoot her with a gun and perhaps they would've strangled him to death rather than poison his lipton tea.

I also learnt Abiola sponsored some Islamic uprisings against Christians and  had his northern brothers promise him Nigeria.
Well he didn't know that when allah means Muslim in Nigeria,he means one whose brothers chew gworo grin grin grin
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by BECCIA(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2007
Recording Success Already!

I have been told that some of our recommendations from the
group has been actually published on some Newspapers in Nigeria.
Patricularly Nigerian Tribune of Wednesday, 4th April.

I'm sure this will get the attention of well meaning Nigerians.

Very soon, the Minister Education will also be contacted!
So guys, we are winning this battle!

I'll encourage everyone to make efforts in that respect as well.
@The One
Whatever gave the group the impression that I am a Muslim.

Yeah!, I don't favour Religion and I'm no Muslim.
I seek Life!And I have found it in abundance!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by fatliar(m): 8:31pm On Apr 05, 2007
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by ultrafem(f): 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2007
shakes head sad pathetic
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by fatliar(m): 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2007
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 05, 2007
BECCIA:

Recording Success Already!

I have been told that some of our recommendations from the
group has been actually published on some Newspapers in Nigeria.
Patricularly Nigerian Tribune of Wednesday, 4th April.

I'm sure this will get the attention of well meaning Nigerians.

Very soon, the Minister Education will also be contacted!
So guys, we are winning this battle!

I'll encourage everyone to make efforts in that respect as well.
@The One
Whatever gave the group the impression that I am a Muslim.

Yeah!, I don't favour Religion and I'm no Muslim.
I seek Life!And I have found it in abundance!

please give us a link dear.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 05, 2007
from a Tribune editorial

IT may sound strange that all these atrocities took place in the Nigeria of today all in the name of religion. But it did happen and 12 persons, according to the Gombe State Commissioner of Police, had been arrested in connection with the ugly incident.

BUT the bitter truth, though very embarrassing, is that this type of incident that portrays Nigerians as a bunch of uncivilized people with little or no respect for human lives is not entirely new in the country. For instance, in Kano, in a not too recent past, one Gideon Akaluka was forcefully removed from prison by a mob which accused him of desecrating the Qur’an. And in a most despicable manner, the irate mob beheaded him, hung the head on a stick and danced round the ancient city of Kano with it.

ONLY last year, a 14-year-old girl was attacked and killed in a police station in Izom, Guarara Local Government Area of Niger State for allegedly distributing a blasphemous material. The material was considered offensive to Islam and the image of Prophet Muhammad (PBOH). The victim who had taken refuge in a police station was attacked right inside the premises of the police station! These isolated cases in addition to more pronounced and widespread religious and sectarian crises that occur once in a while have tended to define Nigeria as an unstable nation perpetually at the edge of the precipice.
Now, after the unfortunate incident, the governor personally visited the family of the victim, gave a sum of N10.5m, talked to the Christian Association (CAN) in the state, helped in transporting the deceased’s corpse to her home state, Ogun, while some of the miscreants were arrested and a 14-man investigation team is working on the case. There have been other things done to ameliorate the situation.

The above is from the Nigerian tribune,nice gesture but
We are yet to see where the Koran condemns the slaying
What is the assurance that there won't be a repeat since this has happened several times.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 06, 2007
These isolated cases in addition to more pronounced and widespread religious and sectarian crises that occur once in a while have tended to define Nigeria as an unstable nation perpetually at the edge of the precipice.

As long as we continue to dismiss these cases as "isolated" and that "happen once in a while" our lives will be worth no more than 2 pence to those who take it upon themselves to fight allah's blood thirsty battles as a matter of religious obligation while their co-conspirators continue to make excuses for them.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by alexis(m): 12:50am On Apr 06, 2007
babyosisi,

They won't condemn anything - When 9/11 happened, the Saudis sent the then Mayor of New York over 10 million US dollars and several cars - that's their way of saying, we have the right to kill you but you don't have the right to cry.

All these things peeves me so much. Our fellow humans kill others in the name of a god. Which god is this that inspires muslims to kill others? Why is it that we don't hear buddist killing people from other religion or christians chopping off traditional worshipper heads? WHY?. It is only Islam that has killing problems? When a muslim kill someone and you ask why - they say the killers are extremist, our question is this - where did these extremist get their extreme views from? or is there an extreme version of the koran? So, where is the peace they are talking about?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Beautygyal(f): 1:32am On Apr 06, 2007
They can't defend their own religion bcoz they don't know where to get the proves. cheesy
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 06, 2007
I believe the governor should also build a center for religious tolerance in the city of Gombe,have it named after this young lady and a plaque should be at the entrance in memoriam of her stating exactly how she met her untimely death.
And all Gombe Elementary and secondary school students must be required to take a course at this center of what not do to a fellow human being even in the height of provocation.
Then I'll believe they really mean peace.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:53am On Apr 06, 2007
babyosisi:

I believe the governor should also build a center for religious tolerance in the city of Gombe,have it named after this young lady and a plaque should be at the entrance in memoriam of her stating exactly how she met her untimely death.
And all Gombe Elementary and secondary school students must be required to take a course at this center of what not do to a fellow human being even in the height of provocation.
Then I'll believe they really mean peace.

Yet another abandoned project and an avenue to siphon more public funds.

- Send those evil children to prison, let notorious states be penalised severely by withholding at least 1 month Federal subvention anytime there is a religious riot! Those hordes of 12th century barbarians will sit up and take notice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes / Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion / Prophet Odumeje Denies 80 Nigerians Were Deported From Indonesia Because Of Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.