Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend (18870 Views)

Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / My Friend Saw Her Late Mother In HELL FIRE :'( :'( / Update On Gombe Muslim Students That Murdered A Female Christian Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Horus(m): 1:56am On Apr 06, 2007

Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, shows a pre-production pair of Nike Airs during a news conference April 9. Nike agreed Tuesday to recall the shoes because the "Air" logo resembles the word Allah in Arabic script and offended Muslims.

Nike & Islamic pettifoggery

Nike Inc. Tuesday let the other shoe drop in a public affairs snafu festering for three months, agreeing to recall a line of shoes with a logo that a Muslim group found offensive.

The logo, meant to look like flames, resembles the word "Allah" in Arabic script. Shoes bearing the flame have been sold this summer under the names Air Bakin', Air Melt, Air Grill and Air B-Que.
    — Harrington, Jeff. Nike recalls disputed logo. The Cincinnati Enquirer [Internet]. 1997 Jun 25 [cited 2004 Dec 11]

If Islam worked, you wouldn’t be upset that Nike, the billion dollar sneaker company, made a logo that was written in stylized English letter “Air,” that resembles the word of your god, Allah in the Arabic script (photo). The problem is that Arabs don’t know the English script, so when they see something that looks like Arabic calligraphy they go crazy.

. . . If you allow the name Allah to be printed on t-shirts, why not on sneakers? You can’t literally walk on Allah, it’s just a name. If your excuse is dirt can get on it, and it’s too close to the feet, dirt can definitely get on t-shirts too. They have Allah on jewelry and on their prayer rugs that you put your feet on. So what’s the big difference between wearing the script of the name Allah on your and stepping on a prayer rug five times a day, that has Allah and or his other names written on it?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 06, 2007
it must been unpardonable to have the inscription on toilet paper.
You will be literally wiping your butt with allah and flushing him down the drain.

But seriously,I believe these people have serious mental problems.
When one begins to see allah in everything,it is a sign of instability.
soon they may start killing birds chirping away on a tree because their singings called allah in a derogatory manner.
I don tire for this folks.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by belloti(m): 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2007
Sometimes i really dont know how you guys read posts. My comment about blaming the school authority for assigning the lady to invigilate islamic exams seemed to be interpreted as blaming the lady for accepting to invigilate. what a crass ignorance and confusion.

As for baby, yes i once told you that islam sanctions the killing of apostates and today i also want to let you know that Islam sanctions the killing for deliberate desceration and abuse of the Holy Quran. However, i believe the case of the gombe lady has no malicious intent, it was a big miscalculation by the kids and we all condemn it. However, for the record, if any sane person intentionally and maliciously abused the holy book, the sharia verdict is death penalty.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by buluti(m): 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2007
belloti:

As for baby, yes i once told you that islam sanctions the killing of apostates and today i also want to let you know that Islam sanctions the killing for deliberate desceration and abuse of the Holy Quran. However, i believe the case of the gombe lady has no malicious intent, it was a big miscalculation by the kids and we all condemn it. However, for the record, if any sane person intentionally and maliciously abused the holy book, the sharia verdict is death penalty.

@ belloti i sincerely hope you didnt make that statement out of anger. Please can you provide the full text from the Quran i want to see it for myself.

Question: So if i intentionally and deliberately tear a page from someones Quran and use it for something really really stupid, i should be killed? Secondly, how should the death verdict be executed, is it by the person who has the Quran or the person should call other muslim faithfuls or there should be a constituted authority to carry out the verdict.

While we practise our religions can we all understand that we live in a civil society with a constitution.

In all honesty how can you say the KIDS miscalculated. What did you call them KIDS, in your opinion how on earth do you think they can distinguish between complex issues as realising when an act is intentional or deliberate. In court it takes the best law minds and judges to attempt to establish if a crime was committed intentionally and they still make mistakes, and here you expect kids to establish "intent".??

Please provide the full text, then our debate will start from there.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by mrpataki(m): 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2007
Islam always searching for areas to forment trouble!

Mentally deprived religion! angry
Whats the issue with nike now? undecided
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2007
belloti:

Sometimes i really don't know how you guys read posts. My comment about blaming the school authority for assigning the lady to invigilate islamic exams seemed to be interpreted as blaming the lady for accepting to invigilate. what a crass ignorance and confusion.

grin Now the REAL face of Islam is being revealed. We all knew the "islam is peace" mantra was all a ruse. Taqiyya at best.
Now we know that all the knee-jerk sob stories of "condemning" and commiseration was nothing but a smokescreen by those uncomfortable at being portrayed as stone age maurading hordes of killers!

Now we know islam sanctions killing for DELIBERATE desecration of the "holy" quran. Pray, who decides what is "deliberate" abuse of the quran? A constituted judicial authority or a bunch of blood thirsty thugs?
Does Belotti realise that he lives in a society governed by constitutional law and not a jungle? With islam's sanctioned killings for everything, is it compatible with a society with entrenched human rights values?

I wonder if Belotti has his thinking cap on when he claims the death of the Gombe teacher had no malicious intent! So stripping a mother naked, beating her to death and then setting her ablaze had NO malicious intent? You mean to pass this over as a mere "miscalculation" on the part of school KIDS?
What then are you claiming to all "condemn" since this was done with no malicious intent?

Since you claim that sharia law dictates a death penalty for those who "deliberately" abuse the quran, can you expressly tell me if Nigeria is now operatiing under the sharia law? Of what purpose is our "Democracy" if a bunch of "miscalculating" blood thirsty children can go on rampage killing everyone without "malicious intent"?

Islam indeed is "peace".
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stimulus(m): 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2007
Is it really the material on which the words of the Qur'an are written, or the words themselves that are really problematic for Muslims? While it is understandable that people's religious sensibilities might be affected by the hint to tissue rolls, I wonder what it would take for Muslims themselves to see that they have desecrated the name of "Allah" in worse situations.

Aside from that,

#1. Most Muslims claim that the Qur'an cannot be translated into any other language - which would make the Qur'an itself meaningless.

#2. Islamic sources themselves say that the Qur'an was written on leaves, animal bones, and other materials before they were compiled. The question is, were Muhammad's companions who did so not guilty of the same desecration of which modern Muslims now accuse non-Muslims?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by mrpataki(m): 2:21pm On Apr 06, 2007
Islam is indeed a religion about PISS angry

Piss them off, they PISS you out!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by gbadex1(m): 7:58pm On Apr 06, 2007
@mrpataki:

hehehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, how u dey, long time

@the muslims in the house:

seriously folks, if you all claim "islam is religion of peace", then you all are doing a bad job at showing non-Muslims just how peaceful Islam is. i've lurkjed behind the shadows of this thread for a while now and to say the least, i'm pissed at some of the posts i've read (for example: belloti's posts) and i count them as insulting to the persona of a non-muslim. i've got one question for you all:

Why is there so much passivity among you "liberal" muslims when "fanatical" muslims go on a rampage slaughtering innocents?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 9ja4eva: 8:01pm On Apr 06, 2007
I think its a religion of trouble.No disrespect bt why must it be muslims.The world needs to address this pls.They commit so much havoc.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Horus(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2007

Islam Religion of Peace

Continuously throughout the Koran, Allah tells his followers to “kill the disbelievers” (Koran 2:191), “kill in the path of Allah” faaqaatilu fi sabiyl Allah (Koran 4:84).” This explains why there is so much terrorism and bombing amongst the Muslims.
, when you turn on the news, the Muslims are always blowing up building in the name of Allah and highjacking planes,in the name of Allah, killing innocents in the name of Allah.
Why does Allah mandate suicide
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by DorisB(f): 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2007
its wickedness,i dont know why its so easy for them to take lives?i dont know if thats what their book says?those children have recieved enough curses,its very difficult to love or trust any muslim now,its not the first time its happening,it happened in kano in 2004 but the teacher escaped and it almost caused religous crisis,it wld b three years on may 10 when christians were killed and burnt like sallah ram during  a religious crisis.they have wickedness planted in them and most of them are evil.God's judgement awaits them
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 06, 2007
Horus:

Why does Allah mandate suicide

Thanks to allah's killing mandate, his fraud of a religion has survived centuries.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by stimulus(m): 8:42am On Apr 07, 2007

This explains why there is so much terrorism and bombing amongst the Muslims

Let's try and re-phrase that, as some Muslim apologists would rather read it in the headlines:

"This explains why there is so much terrorism and bombing amongst the Muslims" = "This explains why there is so much PEACE AND TOLERANCE amongst the Muslims"

And this one. . .

". . . when you turn on the news, the Muslims are always blowing up building in the name of Allah and highjacking planes, killing innocents in the name of Allah."

Hmmm. . . all I can say is that, it's painful for the millions of Muslims who do NOT engage in these atrocities to see their faith suffer so much derogation for the crimes of a few. I do not believe in the tenets of Islam; however, it cannot be maintained that the Muslims are always blowing up buildings and hijacking planes and killing innocents. Some of them live very exemplary lives and frown on these barbarities - and we all should.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by batu: 9:08am On Apr 07, 2007
Sometimes i really don't know how you guys read posts. My comment about blaming the school authority for assigning the lady to invigilate islamic exams seemed to be interpreted as blaming the lady for accepting to invigilate. what a crass ignorance and confusion.

As for baby, yes i once told you that islam sanctions the killing of apostates and today i also want to let you know that Islam sanctions the killing for deliberate desceration and abuse of the Holy Quran. However, i believe the case of the gombe lady has no malicious intent, it was a big miscalculation by the kids and we all condemn it. However, for the record, if any sane person intentionally and maliciously abused the holy book, the sharia verdict is death penalty

@Belloti and All,
I am now more than convinced that it is NOT possible to be a muslim and intellectually appraise issues at the same time. A careful perusal of the above post by Mallam Belloti will convince even the most tolerant mind.
First you are blaming the school authority for "assigning the lady to invigilate islamic exams" (by that you mean because 'she is a christian lady', I suppose!). Now, since when did 'religion or faith' become the determining factor for how a teacher or a professional should discharge his or her duty in a supposed secular country? Are you thinking at all? It is educated but ignorant peoples like you who are the advisers of the indolent governors that you have in the north, and you are destroying the country.

The really insane peoples are educated peoples like you and others who sanction the "sharia verdict of death penalty" for any abuse of the un-holy book of abuses called Quran (child abuse, women abuse etc plenty inside the useless book). What exactly constitute an abuse of the book?; who defines what an abuse of the book is?; and in what context should any 'tampering' of the book be an abuse? Dont you see that you are indirectly justifying what your fellow young animals did; because you can never justify what constitute an abuse completely to warant taking a human life.
My God, by making statements as above, you are a waste of every bit of modern education you have, except the islamic education. You are just a refined form of babs787, not much difference in the way you think.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by hannydarl(f): 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2007
My people i believe moslems have problems with taking advice and criticism they listen with one ear and it goes out the other no matter how we preach about true peace they dont care.how on earth do you think a man who is ready to blow himself to bits will have compassion for his neighbour? They have signed a death pact with moo who also threw his life on the line by fighting wars i just wish he got nipped at the bud. I think it is enough thet we know now that we the infidels are not favoured by the muslim black book so if you have a muslim around you be weary take steps to protect your kids and make sure muslims dont populate your house if you are a land lord.Moslems should not be allowed to build musques or houses near our markets or public area afterall they dont allow christians to build churches in public areas in muslem states the only problem is in their usuall violence they may start strapping bombs to themselves in our cities killing our peole.somtimes i wonder why islam exists as a religion then i think maybe they will bring about the end of this earth maybe the moslems are the chosen instrument of desruction to bring this world to an end who knows.To be forewarned they say is to be forearmed
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2007
belloti:

Good!!!.
I finally pushed you to shed the taquiyyah and give it to me in real words.
Beccia,you can now tell your Saudi friends whose post you told us earlier to shove their apologies.
We are tired of the political correctness.

I wish more Muslims can be as straight forward as this.
When I said Islam was cruel and evil,I was called names.
A religion that would kill whoever questions allah and his violent ways,shangos worshippers show more mercy.

Keep on with it,hopefully in the next century half your men would be left with one arm and the women stoned to death,let's see what hand you hoodlums would use to wield a machete.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2007
and next time we hear that Islam is peace nonsense,the fellow would truly be making a fool of himself since we already know what allah is all about.
Fool me twice,shame on me
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by mrpataki(m): 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2007
gbade. x:

@mrpataki:

hehehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, how u dey, long time

Gbade.x I dey oh!

Been a long time man. Travelling a lot these days.

Guess what the Reverend is back! Can't wait to see what he has been up to these days. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by gbadex1(m): 9:38pm On Apr 07, 2007
@ mrpataki:

WHAT?? shocked shocked!!! cheesy cheesy Good ol' Rev is Back??!!! Rof-lmao, i can't for the Rev, will probably hold a Welcome Back Party for him cheesy
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by alexis(m): 10:45pm On Apr 07, 2007
It's a good thing we have this forum. Now we can see the true nature of islam, where people support the killing of others that don't share their faith.

I will say it again, violence in islam is spiritual and it's real. The thirst for blood running through the koran and the instruction to kill makes you wonder whether the god of the koran is a loving and peaceful god.

I now know how to deal with muslims in general - hold my M16 up when they shout their Allah mantra and lower it when they smile.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by dayokanu(m): 11:41pm On Apr 07, 2007
I dont agree when people blame Hausa culture for the violence of northern moslems cause when do we hear hausa christian fighting the problem is with the religion of Piss.

Read in the paper like 2 years ago when some moslem bodies were protesting that theydont allow their daughters to wear Hijjab to schools owned by Missionaries I think there is something fundamentally violent about the religion of Piss
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by dblock(m): 10:00am On Apr 08, 2007
Humans Negotiate, Animals Fight

[size=16pt]Any religion that Endorses/Encourages/supports or preaches violence is not a religion but a satanic Cult[/size]

Religion should preach against violence, not be part of the problem. Any religion that creates tension or instability can't surely be a way of life, but rather a JOKE!!!
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 9ja4eva: 10:27am On Apr 08, 2007
Big Joke really.I dont know what is wrong with dem?
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by U1(m): 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2007
It's a shame really,no wonder atheists and agnostics say religion is at the root of almost all the atrocities committed in the world today.Shame an all hiding behind religion to perpetuate evil.
I really want to believe that Islam is a religion of 'Peace' but with all the murderers,suicide-bombers,vandals and so on,I don't wish to be caught vouching for the religion.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by NiteAngel(m): 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2007
I commiserate with Oluwatoyin’s husband, family and friends. The One, accept my sympathy.

I guess we’ll have to return to the philosophy of an eye for an eye. No doubt the world will become blind but then violent faithfuls will have a more alert mind to understand that they don’t own the ace to violence. I read some nonsence about approving the death of anyone who touches the Quoran. So, I buy a Quoran with my money to do research and some silly faithfuls come after me? This woman did not even touch the Quoran, she picked a bag which contained a Quoran. I can't fathom it.

What rubbish. How can you protect your own right by trampling on other people’s right? How can you take the life of a human to protect a man’s legacy or a religion? Honestly, we Christians either have to pray this nonsense into extinction or return fire for fire; our silence is causing more harm than our retaliation will cause. Every Sikira and Shakiru not only touch but turn the pages of the Bible without reverence, a band names itself Naked Jesus and an insane sculptor goes ahead not only to sculpt what he depicted as naked Jesus but also scheduled an exhibition of “My Sweet Lord” to precede Easter. Can you imagine?

We begin to die the day we keep silent about things that matter (MLK). When we speak and act out loud the faithfuls will realize that though they may be trained to be more vicious they’ll not be spared when they go to town with alahu akbar. If Allah is great in deed, why do you continue to kill for him?

The girl who cried out is not a little girl she’s simply a tool; trained to achieve the evil of the faithfuls. Beware who your child plays with hence you become dead meat. Its either terrorists learn to live with other humans or they find their own community. Christians should no longer accept such hatred.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 09, 2007
Nite Angel:

I commiserate with Oluwatoyin’s husband, family and friends. The One, accept my sympathy.

I guess we’ll have to return to the philosophy of an eye for an eye. No doubt the world will become blind but then violent faithfuls will have a more alert mind to understand that they don’t own the ace to violence. I read some nonsence about approving the death of anyone who touches the Quoran. So, I buy a Quoran with my money to do research and some silly faithfuls come after me? This woman did not even touch the Quoran, she picked a bag which contained a Quoran. I can't fathom it.

What rubbish. How can you protect your own right by trampling on other people’s right? How can you take the life of a human to protect a man’s legacy or a religion? Honestly, we Christians either have to pray this nonsense into extinction or return fire for fire; our silence is causing more harm than our retaliation will cause. Every Sikira and Shakiru not only touch but turn the pages of the Bible without reverence, a band names itself Naked Jesus and an insane sculptor goes ahead not only to sculpt what he depicted as naked Jesus but also scheduled an exhibition of “My Sweet Lord” to precede Easter. Can you imagine?

We begin to die the day we keep silent about things that matter (MLK). When we speak and act out loud the faithfuls will realize that though they may be trained to be more vicious they’ll not be spared when they go to town with alahu akbar. If Allah is great in deed, why do you continue to kill for him?

The girl who cried out is not a little girl she’s simply a tool; trained to achieve the evil of the faithfuls. Beware who your child plays with hence you become dead meat. Its either terrorists learn to live with other humans or they find their own community. Christians should no longer accept such hatred.

nicely said.
This is why we insist that allah and Jehovah cannot be the same.
They have divergent attributes.
One is a loving father full of mercy and compassion the other is a raving lunatic with a hunger for infidel blood.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by ultrafem(f): 7:51pm On Apr 09, 2007
This is why we insist that allah and Jehovah cannot be the same

MY SISTER they are certainly not thesame . Jehovah is full of grace and mercy, it i human beings who lie and say they go in his name that try to spoil the image, but jehovah is very very different and the only God . Amen

But lets not insult their belief it is not the quality jehovah would want in his children. Godbless
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2007
ultrafem:

MY SISTER they are certainly not thesame . Jehovah is full of grace and mercy, it i human beings who lie and say they go in his name that try to spoil the image, but jehovah is very very different and the only God . Amen

But lets not insult their belief it is not the quality jehovah would want in his children. Godbless

bless you too dear.
I could care less if Muslims worshipped a hog five times a day while facing the directions of a public toilet!!
What concerns me is that they may kill you and I at the slightest provocation because allah and his koran have been insulted.
If they kept their religions to themselves without the violence,we would not be talking about this
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by alexis(m): 9:44pm On Apr 09, 2007
Nite Angel,

Thank you for your post, I share your thoughts and views passionately. Jesus said we should turn the other cheek 70 * 70 times, who knows - with all the assult on christiandom over the ages, we can be nearing 4,900. I am to valuable a child of god to be killed or sacrificed to a god called allah. It's either I will send alot of muslim faithfuls to the islamic heaven (I will be doing them a favor anyways - for them to meet em' numerous virgins)when I am attacked or I will pray that I will never be put in such a situation.
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by dblock(m): 11:10pm On Apr 09, 2007
People need to stop killing in the name of Islam, cos one of this days Christians will give em a piece of their own.

[s]And we all know who's got the biggest Arsenal[/s]
Re: Gombe Muslim Students Have Put Me In Sorrow By Killing My Friend by 9ja4eva: 8:12am On Apr 10, 2007
Exactly.Its painful for real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes / Prophet Odumeje Denies 80 Nigerians Were Deported From Indonesia Because Of Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.