Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

I Would Have Left Chelsea If Conte Was Not Sacked - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Would Have Left Chelsea If Conte Was Not Sacked (477 Views)

“I Would Have Stayed At Chelsea If I Knew You Would Join” – Willian Tells Thiago / Reasons Why I Left Chelsea For Arsenal On Deadline Transfer Day / Fears Growing Eden Hazard Will Leave Chelsea If They Miss A Top 4 Finish. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Would Have Left Chelsea If Conte Was Not Sacked by touchalex25: 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2018
Chelsea winger Willian says there is “no chance” he would be at the club had former head coach Antonio Conte still been in charge.

Conte won the 2016-17 Premier League title with the Blues but was sacked in July after finishing fifth.
Speaking about the changes in the dressing room, the Brazilian winger said “The manager tells us to play, to enjoy ourselves on the pitch,Is it fun to play this way? I think so. We have a lot of players with quality up front, like Eden Hazard and Pedro. Players like that want to play football.
“That’s why he [Sarri] talked about ‘fun’ football [after arriving at Chelsea]. This is what we will try to do this season.”

Willian, 30, was linked with a move away from the Bridge (Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United all showing interest in the star winger) this summer but committed his future to the Blues in early August.
Asked whether he would have stayed if Conte had not been fired, he replied: “ No chance. No. I’m here because I want to play for Chelsea. I will only leave if Chelsea want me to go.”

Source: http://winosport.com/i-would-have-left-chelsea-if-conte-was-still-in-charge/

(1) (Reply)

Merrybet Code 2ood Plus This Night Game / Cristiano Ronaldo's 11 Red Cards / Club Jerseys At Affordable Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.