Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? (13311 Views)

Poll: Which player was a greater enemy of progress? Yakubu or Kaita?

Yakubu: 78% (178 votes)
Kaita: 21% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Sani Kaita Declared Missing / Sani Kaita Celebrates His 29th Birthday Today / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by ayepekun(m): 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2010
it wasn't his fault. he thought that he was in a dreamland.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by Ibomade1: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2010
Nigerians and their love for this game sha !!! Players miss chances all the time but I have never seen anything close to this miss.
Yakubu throw away that your hideous boot.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by sley4life(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2010
The death threat shouldnt be for Kaita alone. It should also be extended to Yakufull. I heard today that Yak house was set ablaze. I met a 92years old woman 2day & she spoke with confidence that she would score that goal Yak missed
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by sley4life(m): 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
kobikwelu:

is still stick with kaita as my major villian angry angry angry angry angry

during the greece match, they were clueless (lemme remind you THEY HAD NEVER SCORED A GOAL IN A WORLD CUP MATCH !!!!!! EVER !!!!!)

the moment kaita was sent off, they put on an extra striker!!!!! and then THEY SCORED TWO GOALS!!!

had it been we won that match, we would have played for a draw, instead this

YAkubu own was that he missed an open sitter, but he redeemed himself

Sh%t d 4k. What do u know. Who told u he redeemed himself. Waz he the player that created the penalty? If Yak had scored that missed chanced we would have won the game. Cos we would have got a fresh penalty by counter
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by OvieE: 5:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
Nigeria prove without Kaita, they cannot win a game and they proved that against Greece. After Kaita left, the team collapsed. Yakubu is the the caused of Nigeria failure in SA. Kalu prove to be a better striker.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by crownjoke: 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2010
yakubu is unda a curse from d spell he placed on nff on one hand and lagerback to be fielding him ahead of martins on the other hand!!! AND HE CAN BE FREE FROM THE CURSE BASTARD OF NIGERIA
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by Lheyhe(m): 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2010
I will say yakubu caused us more pain to crash out of this tournament and he should be underated has the worse striker in the tournament cause the goal he lost against south korea was so painful even a lame man will scored the goal before he now scored a penalty that anyone else would have scored. cry
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by Regiblinkz(m): 5:37pm On Jun 23, 2010
who started this thread, i think he is high on very cheap skunk,must we blame somebody for all our losses, kaita now yakubu,other country win with ten men e.g australia vs ghana, stop putting blames on any one ,just accept your fate, punks

Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by IFELEKE(m): 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
I pick all  of them including lagerbasket
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by Regiblinkz(m): 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
let yakubu be,he is not the first player to miss a chance,these things happen in the game of football

Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by kawkab: 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2010
Yakubu miss against South Korea is unpardonable, no defender was on him, the keeper was not close. All he needed was a simple tape in, yet he could not score.

Yakubu was not man marking, neither was he supporting the defense, yet he performed woefully in his primary task of scoring goal.  Sorry for him and for Nigeria.

Any football fan that is reasonable would stop supporting crop of Super Eagles.  After they did to us in the match against Tunisia in Abuja, I concluded that this team was capable of anything.  In that match against Tunisia, the stadium was filled to capacity, no single seating remaining, thousand of people were outside, struggling to come in, the walk ways were filled, fans were cheering and bringing down the roof with their chant.  yet how did reward the fans, were still cheering it is a gooal afyter osaze scored, when they allowed the Tunisians to equalised.

Eneramo would probably have done better.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by OvieE: 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
Regiblinkz:

let yakubu be,he is not the first player to miss a chance,these things happen in the game of football

My friend, keep quiet. Doesn't it happen over and over for one particular player. yakufool is cursted that was the reason he started all the games. He had so many opportunity but he blow them and Martin is not exception The coach was brain watched by Yakufool.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by 13volts(m): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2010
Yakubu is Yakubated fool while Kaita is Silicoted idiot

Hope to see young and energetic lads from the north like Rabiu Ibrahim & Ahmed Musa going eagles.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by OvieE: 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2010
Any coach with their right sense will not field Fatkubufool after the half time between Nigeria and Greece. Against Argentina, they did well except Odemwingie who is selfish and self center.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by OvieE: 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2010
Is unfortunate USA scored under wise, Algeria are ten times better than USA by far. Is over for all Africa. First world cup in Africa soil and no Africa country make it to second round. What a shame. Germany will beat Ghana and Ivory Coast has been eliminated because I don't see them scoring three against North Korea not to talk of seven goals. Our domestic play within African will have make the continent proud.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by CarlosVent(m): 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
dey r d same even abdul mutalab sef
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by kayc33(m): 7:56pm On Jun 23, 2010
They should just scrap the NFA and the entire Super fcukin eagles, It's high time the government stopped wasting resources on white elephant projects!!
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by chidichris(m): 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2010
Yakubu automatically wins worst miss of the World Cup

By Brooks Peck

Oh my. It hasn't been a good World Cup for Nigeria. They already have one of the silliest red cards of the tournament to their credit, sparking death threats for apologetic midfielder Sani Kaita, and now, with qualification for the knockout rounds and a $30,000 bonus for each member of the team on the line, they crash out with what has to be the worst miss of the World Cup.

In the 66th minute of Tuesday's final group match against South Korea, trailing 2-1 and needing a win to have a shot at advancing, Nigerian striker Yakubu was set up with an absolutely perfect opportunity right in front of the goal. With the keeper sprawled out beside him and a wide open net waiting to be fed the ball, Yakubu tried to flick the pass in for the astonishingly easy score and he put it wide of the post. He missed. I still don't think it was possible, but he missed. Well, he did hit a water bottle, but that doesn't count for anything.

[Photos: See more of Yakubu Ayegbeni]

To be fair, The Yak kept his composure after his unbelievable goof-up and pounded a penalty kick in just three minutes later to pull even at 2-2, but still -- Nigeria just might be advancing had he not missed that 66th minute attempt. Of course, he wasn't the only one to miss fantastic chances -- strike partner Obafemi Martins blew a couple of his own, too. So the match ended with a draw and the Nigerian team now returns home to a disappointed nation without an extra $30,000 in each of their pockets. But other than all that, they did great!

who started this thread, i think he is high on very cheap skunk,must we blame somebody for all our losses, kaita now yakubu,other country win with ten men e.g australia vs ghana, stop putting blames on any one ,just accept your fate, punks

@Regiblinkz,
monkey, the lines on quote above are copied from yahoo now so feed ur empty brains.
i just asked who among these terrorists terrorised us the more.
is it wromng for people to accept responsibilities whenever they fail?
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by BloodShed1: 10:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
I truly believe that there's something behind the team's exit in the first round. As rubbish as Yakubu is, I think he missed that chance deliberately, same for Kaita getting sent off against Greece.

Think about it, your team is in the lead, in control of the game, its a throw in to the opposite team, rather than getting back and defending, you run up to the man taking the throw in and kick him, for no apparent reason. Why he ran up to him when he should have been defending I'll never know. But something just isn't right.

Not to mention their lack of motivation throughout the tournament excluding Enyeama, Odiah and Kalu Uche.

Anichebe and co must be laughing now.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by macmavia: 12:09am On Jun 24, 2010
Kaita caused us a match but Yakubu cause Naija the world cup
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by stmarc32(m): 2:47am On Jun 24, 2010
U cant blame Yakubu alone, the whole super eagle team is a bleeped up team, Just look at the way they pass , i watched ghana today and their pass was fantastic esp the long balls, everytime Nigeria is about to play here on tv u hear the guys saying nigeria needs some kind of psychotherapy , sack all the stupid so called big players and look for young boys WHO are hungry for fame and can play.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by kayc33(m): 8:37am On Jun 24, 2010
macmavia:

Kaita caused us a match but Yakubu cause Naija the world cup

Well said mate
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by Mmuo(m): 9:27am On Jun 24, 2010
It is good that Nigeria exited at this stage, else it would have been a waste of resources to keep them in SA consuming our money and helping the officials to enrich themselves falsefully.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by vanillaz: 9:38am On Jun 24, 2010
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by Newest: 9:49am On Jun 24, 2010
Yakubu, na cat dey bear that name for my area, Idiot
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by ooops: 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2010
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by damilola15: 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2010
sley4life:

The death threat shouldnt be for Kaita alone. It should also be extended to Yakufull. I heard today that Yak house was set ablaze. I met a 92years old woman 2day & she spoke with confidence that she would score that goal Yak missed
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by lydosky: 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2010
Yakubu can be qualified as the dark sheep of the team, tongue
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by Newest: 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2010
My 6months Daugherty go score that goal awey Yajufull Miss
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by hdwada: 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2010

@Regiblinkz Did u watch the match at all? Please I beg then look at the pics posted all over this thread and tell me again. The only thing Yakubu does for a living is play football not read book or sale something, I repeat again the only thing he does is he is a footballer to make matters worse a so called STRIKER and he can't score an empty net standing directly in front of it.
I beg did he employ u as lawyer? Then say so but don't say let Yakubu be.
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by PastorOla1: 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2010
Yakubu Aiyegbeni caused us more pain. May he never play for Nigeria again IJN, Amen
Re: Yakubu Aiyegbeni Vs Sani Kaita: Who Caused Us More Pains? by tranxamadi(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2010
I Didn't even expect them to qualify for the Nations Cup! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Europa Final: Fit-again Chukwueze May Play, Maguire Out / Kylian Mbappe Tests Positive For COVID-19 / EPL: Awoniyi Nets Winner For Nottingham Forest On Full Premier League Debut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.